Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,427 members, 7,836,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! (16577 Views)

What Do You Tink Will Be The Scores Between Nigeria Vs France Today. / Ways Nigeria Can Beat Ivory Coast / Will Bafana Beat France Today? Considering The French Team Is In A Mess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by pat077: 12:31pm On Jun 30, 2014
justi4jesu:

Na only TB Joshua Wife dey dream ni...
dat's his trademark.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Longman313(m): 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2014
For wetin nah?:
I don't think the problem will be SE not beating France, the major problem will be the referee. It's like these guys have a standing order to favour European teams, I can imagine unnecessary free kicks or shady penalties to help France. Whatever the case, the God of soccer will decide.
u have said it all,i am not scare about the boys,it s the referee dat ia m worried about wink
For wetin nah?:
I don't think the problem will be SE not beating France, the major problem will be the referee. It's like these guys have a standing order to favour European teams, I can imagine unnecessary free kicks or shady penalties to help France. Whatever the case, the God of soccer will decide.
u have said it all,i am not scare about the boys,it s the referee dat ia m worried about
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by vicenzo(m): 12:33pm On Jun 30, 2014
[quote author=drlawizle][/quote]

Dude, there is nothing like luck in making it out of a world cup group. As each team have three matches each to make it out, you can't be unlucky/lucky three times. If you made it out of the group stage,it simply means you deserve it, if not,it means you were not good enough.

You are the one not being realistic here. Official Fifa ranking show that Nigeria is the weakest team in group F,as we are the lowest ranked team there.

Finishing second in group F is a big achievement,considering our ranking, it wasn't by luck either,rather it was by doing the necessary things.
We knew from the start that we just needed to win Bosnia,draw/win Iran to make it out of the group,and that's exactly what we did.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by PHC4(m): 12:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
bin gbagbo, your post is conceived and written with jealousy and insults. You spelt Nigeria consistently as nigeria, an insult. Same for Cameroun and Senegal with a beginning lower case letters. While you used capital G for ghana.
Please, be respectful okay.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by bingbagbo(m): 12:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
dpclinks:

Yes it appeares that the last commentator misunderstood u. The general idea is that African teams seem jinxed at quarter final stage. Never mind, even Germany is not unbeatable. But it will take a whole lot of determination to do that, plus the weather over there seems to be in our favour too

thank you cool
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by supereagle(m): 12:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
TB Joshua no dey see vision again. SE will suprise the world again . Our Eagles can fly.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by rottenegg: 12:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
bin gbagbo:
the hurdle for nigeria...

first france

then germany

then brazil

.............smh embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by rottenegg: 12:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
bin gbagbo:

first france

then germany

then brazil

.............smh embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

What makes you think Algeria wont make it?
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by GovWahala: 12:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
Okiki_Oluwa: I dis-concur...
We can't beat France.
Last Bullet
If we beat France by luck or miracle, then we ll break the quarter-final jinx..
Okiki we will win it, don't annoy me o.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by supereagle(m): 12:38pm On Jun 30, 2014
Eagles keep flying.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by vicenzo(m): 12:39pm On Jun 30, 2014
ndidibabe: Which yeye big boss? Had we lose the Bosnia match which we obviously didn't deserve to win, will you still call him a big boss? The problem I have with most Nigeria football fans is that they follow football with too much sentiments and emotion. Last Football season, Arsenal started so well and many fans heaped praises on them that they will win the league. Any 'reasonable' follower of football will concur that the team was so poor and were lucky to be topping the league at the earlier stage of the season because of their easy fixtures. At the end, they still retained their regular champions league play- off position. Same can also be said of our present Super Eagle team. The fact that we lost to Argentina in a modest manner made so many people to suddenly believe that we have a fantastic Super Eagle that will beat France. Maybe we have forgotten how poor we were in our two matches before the Argentina's match. Based on our poor performances, Argentina having already qualified must have underrated us and did not played so well. I can recall that neither Aguero nor Messi played for the full ninety minutes. Messi, while on the pitch was a constant threat and could have scored one more goal if left on the pitch. However, many thanks to Enyema and Musa for not making Argentina to disgrace us. Truth is that we do not have a good team and we are still in Brazil due to luck and the easy group we find ourselves. Unlike the Argentina's match which was of less importance to the Argentines aside topping the table, today's match will be a tough one. I will bite my tongue if this our weak super eagles beat France.

The Argentina match was of less importance to the Argentines, that would explain why the started Messi,Higuain,Aguero and Di maria the same time in that match.

Seriously,this inferiority complex you guys exhibit here is becoming unbearable for me.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Burger01(m): 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
vicenzo:

Your post was a feeble attempt at belittling S.E performance in Brazil,by insinuating that they are in the round of 16 because they had a lucky draw and what you tagged as the weakest group,and not because they are currently the best team in Africa.

My post was a sweet reply,to remind you that Ghana's quarterfinal achievement last time around was as a result of the luck of being in a cheap group,and playing a relatively weak USA at the round of 16. I am only using your myopic logic against you.
Your head dey there. No mind the feeble minded Op. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by ikeyman00(m): 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
@@@

Which yeye big boss? Had we lose the Bosnia match which we obviously didn't deserve to win, will you still call him a big boss? The problem I have with most Nigeria football fans is that they follow football with too much sentiments and emotion. Last Football season, Arsenal started so well and many fans heaped praises on them that they will win the league. Any 'reasonable' follower of football will concur that the team was so poor and were lucky to be topping the league at the earlier stage of the season because of their easy fixtures. At the end, they still retained their regular champions league play- off position. Same can also be said of our present Super eagle team. The fact that we lost to Argentina in a modest manner made so many people to suddenly believe that we have a fantastic Super Eagle that will beat France. Maybe we have forgotten how poor we were in our two matches before the Argentina's match. Based on our poor performances, Argentina having already qualified must have underrated us and did not played so well. I can recall that neither Aguero nor Messi played for the full ninety minutes. Messi, while on the pitch was a constant threat and could have scored one more goal if left on the pitch. However, many thanks to Enyema and Musa for not making Argentina to disgrace us. Truth is that we do not have a good team and we are still in Brazil due luck and the easy group we find ourself. Unlike the Argentina's match which was of less importance to the Argentines aside topping the table, today's match will be a tough one. I will bite my tongue if this our weak super eagles beat France

rubbbbbbbbbbbbbbish and rubbbbbbbbbbbbbish just pure nonesense

they come out to force their rubbish on us; it aint gona work

the same Argentina that nealy got beaten by Bonsia right; the same Argentina that got all their goals from set piece as against Nigeria; the same Argentina should they lost nigeria could have top table with 4+ 3 point

abeg all these quack analyst in sport section irritates with their none sense a lot

we are here lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2014
johnwizey: If Nigeria no win today, make seun ban me
You're marked.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Burger01(m): 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2014
johnwizey: If Nigeria no win today, make seun ban me
Don't come cry foul when Seun ban you till next World Cup. But, I pray Seun don't get reason to ban you. Devil na lie! Up Supra Eagles grin
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by oyesiju(m): 12:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
did you know that Ghana group is the toughest group.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by 50calibre(m): 12:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
The super eagles already booked their return flights for Wednesday so I don't know what you guys are saying.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by ikeyman00(m): 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
^^^ dnt worry tigerman the Biafrans in super eagles aint letting that happen

and

we are here!
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by ayorwizz(m): 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ayoswit: i had revelation 2nite where Stephen Keshi was lying flat on d ground after a man inform of Stephen gerrard score fourth goal against SE. there was confusion & disarray in d defense of d SE. we nid to pray serious
Hmmm......Aunty Ayo, tuaile for u *both hands raised* lol..namesake be dropping it lyk its hawt
But erhmm........dat ur dream myt be for next world cup, coz na france we dey play, nt england. Except if le coq don borrow steven.G sha.

Meanwyl, I'd be here #Observing
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Burger01(m): 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2014
bin gbagbo:

first france

then germany

then brazil

Nothing is impossible bro. We can do it!

#supereaglesforgold.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
ikeyman00: @@@

u are a fool; who told u we the Biafrans belong to the Zoo Nigeria

fix up abeg

Biafra Fc where there will be selection on merit can only win the world cup for us

I see you haven't awoken from the sore rammings Gowon served your ppl.. Continue dreaming..biafra ko..banana ni! Stupid yemeri..
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Burger01(m): 12:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
drlawizle:

I will wire my salary into your account I swear!
Ewwwuu! 15k salary! Mbah. sad
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by chimerase2: 12:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
First half goal-less draw cheesy
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by ikeyman00(m): 12:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
dlrawizle
and the fear of Biafra continues
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
ndidibabe: Which yeye big boss? Had we lose the Bosnia match which we obviously didn't deserve to win, will you still call him a big boss? The problem I have with most Nigeria football fans is that they follow football with too much sentiments and emotion. Last Football season, Arsenal started so well and many fans heaped praises on them that they will win the league. Any 'reasonable' follower of football will concur that the team was so poor and were lucky to be topping the league at the earlier stage of the season because of their easy fixtures. At the end, they still retained their regular champions league play- off position. Same can also be said of our present Super Eagle team. The fact that we lost to Argentina in a modest manner made so many people to suddenly believe that we have a fantastic Super Eagle that will beat France. Maybe we have forgotten how poor we were in our two matches before the Argentina's match. Based on our poor performances, Argentina having already qualified must have underrated us and did not played so well. I can recall that neither Aguero nor Messi played for the full ninety minutes. Messi, while on the pitch was a constant threat and could have scored one more goal if left on the pitch. However, many thanks to Enyema and Musa for not making Argentina to disgrace us. Truth is that we do not have a good team and we are still in Brazil due to luck and the easy group we find ourselves. Unlike the Argentina's match which was of less importance to the Argentines aside topping the table, today's match will be a tough one. I will bite my tongue if this our weak super eagles beat France.

My brother NIgerians hate and crucify ppl who tell them the truth hence their continued backwardness in every sector..
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Burger01(m): 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
Ok.
We go take the pittance go chop Sharwama, Turkey, Crocodile and top am with Snake wine. smiley
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by ogaju007(m): 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
Elxandre: You can win a champions league by luck, but not a world cup.
Nigeria could go through today though, but they will certainly crash out at last, because only super teams win world cups.

Hmmnn i wouldn't say that at this stage... based on Nigeria's performance, i will agree with you but based on the shockers we've had in this tournament, i would say "Never Say Never"
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Horus(m): 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
Nigeria will beat France today, and there is no Quarter-final Curse
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by rottenegg: 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
After reading what all of you have to say about this super eagles team, my take is that, whatever it takes.....blunders, luck, poor planning, money issues, round of 16 jinx, bad belle from Ghana, France's strong team and most of all the good wishes of patriotic naija football lovers.....
NAIJA MUST WIN THIS EVENING ENCOUNTER!

UP SUPER EAGLES!!!
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by JEITO: 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2014
The last time I checked, we were talking about Nigeria's Super eagles not Benfica
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by eROCK247(m): 1:31pm On Jun 30, 2014
bin gbagbo: To be frank and fair, nigeria have done well so far this world cup.
I personally think they have been lucky first of all by drawing argentina, bosnia and iran(weakest group) and enjoying bias officiating against bosnia. I believe Ghana or ivory coast would have done much better in that nigeria group, but hey, that is football for you where luck is key.
Without much ado, i strongly believe nigeria can cause an upset tonight by beating france and get into the quarter-final stage, but shouldnt be necessary happy if they make the quarter final. you wanna know why?

cameroun made the quarters in 1990 and that was the end of them

senegal made the quarters in 2002 and that has been their end

My own Ghana made the quarters in 2010 and witnessed a disgraceful outing this year

I am all out for nigeria tonight, but pray you go pass the quarters, else you are hit by the quarter-final curse. no offense. Thanks

Yours sincerely
bin gbagbo cool
I nor blame u sha. Na our S.E. I blame. Bt nt to worry, dey'll redeem dia name n place as Africa's giant wen dey reach nt jst d quarter-finals bt d finals itself. And 1ce dey r dere, anything can happen...I believe in miracles, I believe in God, I believe in Nigeria!!!
Re: Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! by Bode69(m): 1:34pm On Jun 30, 2014
If nigeria no win 2nite,may hackers hack nairaland again[/quote] amen grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Luis Enrique Named New Spain Head Coach On 2-Year Deal / List Of 35 Nigerian Athletes For The Olympics 2016 / Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.