Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Should I Text My Ex Boyfriend First - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Text My Ex Boyfriend First (3903 Views)

Woman Tries To Commit Suicide After Meeting ‘ugly’ Online Boyfriend First Time / Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers / Should I Text Or Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Text My Ex Boyfriend First by Mintayo(m): 9:06am On Jul 01, 2014
joanrivers: Should I text my ex boyfriend i miss him

Hi, i need an advice. i saw my exboyfriend today for the first time after we broke up. he walked next to me, but i was so nervous that i act like was in using my phone. he was with a friend and i hear he said hey in a silnet tone, but didnt do anyting. is good if i text him? and if i text him what should a say?
You text him first. You get back together again. You split up again. You see him again. You text him again. You get back together again. You split again...and the story continuescheesy
op don't live for or in the past,live in the present and live for the future...you grab?wink
Re: Should I Text My Ex Boyfriend First by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 9:39am On Jul 01, 2014
joanrivers: Should I text my ex boyfriend i miss him

Hi, i need an advice. i saw my exboyfriend today for the first time after we broke up. he walked next to me, but i was so nervous that i act like was in using my phone. he was with a friend and i hear he said hey in a silnet tone, but didnt do anyting. is good if i text him? and if i text him what should a say?
it's best you call,since your post clearly shows you're not too good in writing
Re: Should I Text My Ex Boyfriend First by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 01, 2014
babe..am goin through similar situation..just follow ur heart...i believe evrything ll work out for the best....
Re: Should I Text My Ex Boyfriend First by Lorlaahlozz: 1:50pm On Jul 01, 2014
mencade5: you never see anything. Na long throat dey worry you so for there. Because he don make am now, you want come back abi?

If you like text am 100 text, my God in heaven will never allow you to have him back.

lolzz..kilode

1 Like

Re: Should I Text My Ex Boyfriend First by mencade5(m): 2:02pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: lolzz..kilode
wetin i do na?
Re: Should I Text My Ex Boyfriend First by Tiemo(m): 2:27am On Jul 02, 2014
It is always what you say that decides the fate of your relationship. While saying the wrong things will end your relationship, saying the right words can help you salvage it. Here is what you should avoid saying and what you need to say to your boyfriend to get him back.
Wait it out before you do anything
The thing is if you say anything too soon then it's most likely to backfire badly. Before you make a move and attempt to say anything to your boyfriend you must make sure that you have let a bit of time pass. Make sure that your boyfriend doesn't hate you and is willing to at least hear you out.

Admit your mistake
The first thing that you must do is to admit your mistake. The fact that you are taking ownership of your actions and are willing to go beyond and even take ownership of what was beyond your control is something that won't go unnoticed. This is bound to make your boyfriend feel a lot better.

Apologize
Just admitting your mistake isn't enough. You have to follow it up with an apology. Tell your boyfriend that you are very sorry for what you have done. Tell your ex boyfriend that you really feel bad for hurting him and it was never intentional. Don't validate what you did or try to justify your actions unless he asks you to. Just make the apology heartfelt.

Say you were lucky
Make your ex boyfriend feel a little better by telling him that you feel that you were really lucky to have him in your life. All you need to tell him is how enriched your life felt because of him and how much you have grown as an individual because of his presence.

Keep the spite and negativity out
When you are talking to him he might say some things that you feel are unfair. It's in your best interests to just swallow your pride and hear him out. Trashing out negative things about him now is only going to make things worse.

Hear him out
Listen to what he is saying. Sometimes listening is as important as saying things. When you give him a patient hearing you get to understand his side of the story and figure out your next move.

Wish him well
Once your conversation is over, all you need to do is wish him well like you mean it. Tell him that all you want is for him to be happy even if it means that you have to be sad. He will see your good side and will soon be back with you.

Give Close Attention Here-

Now listen carefully! Take 2 minutes to read the next page and you'll discover a stunning trick which will have your ex boyfriend begging you to take them back. There is a set of easy to follow psychological tricks which will make your ex boyfriend crawl back to you within a few days guaranteed.

Re: Should I Text My Ex Boyfriend First by NextGuest: 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
Make My Ex Boyfriend Love Me Again - New Ideas. It is difficult to know when your breakup is completely final. This is because couples breakup all the time and end up getting back together. Before you can get back together with your ex-boyfriend it would be a good idea to know how your ex-boyfriend really feels about you. If there are still feelings there then it is up to you to decipher what he says and does. He will rarely be honest and upfront about his emotions after the breakup. This means that you will have to be on the lookout for subtle signals that he is pining for you and misses you.

Breakups are extremely hard to handle. This is even more true when you don't really understand the reasons for the break up or if it was completely one-sided. Nevertheless breakups are a big part of life. You need to know how to handle them properly if you want to get your ex back.

There is every chance that you and your ex-boyfriend can reconcile. You just have to know the way to go about it. Whatever drove you two apart, you should put a plan in action to lessen the wedge between you and get your ex back into your arms again. When you walk the right path this is not only possible, but straightforward.

Your ex boyfriend's feelings for you don't disappear overnight

You're probably thinking that your ex-boyfriend wants to forget all about you, but is it really that easy? He might be pretending that he doesn't care any more but is that really the case? Think about it logically for a minute, why would your ex suddenly forget you? Just because your boyfriend dumped you that doesn't necessarily mean that their feelings for you have completely died. It is normal to still harbour feelings for your ex months and even years down the line. Why should your ex-boyfriend be any different?

No matter how much you ex-boyfriend denies it, he will still have some kind of feelings for you. This is positive for you because it gives you something to cling on to. When you know how to use these feelings to your advantage, you can make your ex-boyfriend realise that the breakup was a huge mistake. Even if he is not showing any of the signs below, that doesn't necessarily mean that he has moved on.

Guys are very good at hiding how they are really feeling, especially after a break up. Think about it for a moment, why would they want to let you know that they're still still hung up about you? It would leave them very vulnerable and be a huge knock to their ego if you rejected them off hand. This is why they keep their cards very close to their chests. Who could blame them? It is human nature to try and protect yourself.

This is why you have to be smart and work out the signs for yourself. Luckily there are lots of things that you can look out for when you are talking to your ex-boyfriend. Some of these signs are incredibly subtle and it takes a clever person to spot them. Some are much more obvious and when your ex-boyfriend exhibits these kinds of signs you will know that they are still in love with you.

Please look out for these signs before you make a move on your ex-boyfriend, the last thing that you want to do is assume that you ex-boyfriend loves you and make a fool of yourself. You have to be sensible here and protect yourself too. Look at the signs below and figure out where you stand with your ex-boyfriend and if you have a chance of getting him back again.

They remain in contact with you after the breakup

When your ex-boyfriend texts and calls you after they have broken up with you it is a clear sign that they have not fully moved on yet. Why would your ex-boyfriend feel the need to contact you constantly? You have broken up after all, they should be moving on and not keeping you on a short leash. If your ex-boyfriend is getting in contact with you, you can be assured that it is for a reason. They are obviously not ready to let go completely and prefer to keep you at a close distance.

They contact you at the weekend or at night
You also need to be aware of when your ex is contacting you. Is their contact mostly at weekends and at night? If this is the case then they are probably missing you. This is when they had spent most of the time with you, so now that you are not around they are feeling lonely. They should also be out at the weekend or busy instead of contacting their ex-girlfriend.

Their contact with you increases
When your ex-boyfriend is trying to test the tide and find out how you feeling, they will try to increase communication with you. They are doing this to figure out if you have moved on or if you are receptive to that contact. They will subsequently be asking lots of loaded questions and trying to engage in lengthy conversations with you. If anything, your ex boyfriend's contact with you should dwindle after breakup, after all they have no reason to keep in touch with you.

They ask you about your social life frequently
When your ex-boyfriend is interested in what you're up to, they're obviously worrying that you are moving on before them. They will try to be subtle about it but ultimately you will see that they are trying to figure out if there is someone else on the scene. They don't want to bruise their egos and want to find out in a non-obvious way.

Your ex-boyfriend really shouldn't be interested in your social life. They would be too busy getting on with their own life and leaving you behind if they had truly moved on. The reason that they are enquiring about your activity is because they want to fill in the gaps themselves without asking outright. If they ask you how your weekend was, do you really think they care? They want to see if you offer any information on what you were up to. Then then they can retreat with the least embarrassment possible if you say you were on a date.

Your Next Steps
There are many more signs he still likes you, look at them in depth and ascertain if your ex-boyfriend is exhibiting any of these signs. Before you make a move on your ex boyfriend you will need to be sure.

After that, there are so many more techniques and strategies that you should be putting into action right now. First of all you need to make him want you back. If you can increase his desire for you then getting back will be no problem at all. You also need to avoid the common breakup mistakes that women make in your position. Knowing the pitfalls of post-break up interactions will make your ex-boyfriend view you in a positive way. If you still love your ex, don't give up.
Re: Should I Text My Ex Boyfriend First by Rossieb: 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hello Joan, my ex is dating another girl he seems he loves her i guess. but she broke up with him today, my close friend talked to him so that perhaps we can get back together into a relationship but he told my friend a lot of things Which hurts a lot my ex boyfriend said that he no longer loves me and he doesn’t want me in his life and he hates the day he met me, and all what we had wasn't real, but in the same time he was dating that girl something took place it was when our soccer national team went to the second term we all went to celebrate in the streets so in that time i lost my little brother in the crowd so i started freaking out and crying so my ex boyfriend followed me and helped me to find him and we did after that we walked alone in an empty street and it was 1am and then he kissed me and said that he loves me and never wants to see me cry again, no we never talked and i really miss him i want him back i just need some help please
Re: Should I Text My Ex Boyfriend First by joanrivers(f): 11:01pm On Jul 22, 2014
1. Your ex boyfriend needs some space and time to remove all the negative associations from the breakup and start missing you. People have a common misconception that if you don’t contact your ex, they will forget about you. But in reality, if you don’t contact your ex boyfriend, you will give them time to miss you more and they will be wondering all the time why you are not contacting them. Remember all the mistakes in Part #1 of this guide. Every one of them made your ex think of you as a needy person. By not contacting them, you immediately become not needy in their mind.

2. You also need some space and time. You need to get a hold of yourself and gain some perspective. The fact is, you are a mess after the breakup. And you need to calm down and analyze your relationship thoroughly to realize whether or not being with your ex boyfriend is in your best interest. It could be that you are just missing your ex boyfriend. You need to learn to enjoy your life without your ex boyfriend. You need to prove to yourself that you can be happy without your ex boyfriend. You will eventually realize that you DON’T NEED YOUR EX to be happy. Maybe you’ll still WANT them, but there is a big difference between needing something and wanting something.

3. You must become an attractive happy person during this time. You need to take a step back and reevaluate your life. You should make a lot of positive changes in your life. When you meet your ex boyfriend after the no contact period, you want them to be attracted to you. And the best way to do it is to start enjoying life and being an overall happy person. Don’t take this point lightly. This could be the difference between getting your ex boyfriend back or losing them forever.

Contacting Your Ex Boyfriend aka Re-attraction

Remember when your ex boyfriend left you? They thought of you as a needy, clingy and desperate person with little to no self-respect. After not being in contact with you for a while, they must be wondering what the heck happened to you. They will slowly start to forget that image of yours (the needy desperate one) and start remembering the things they liked about you. They will start remembering the things that they found attractive in you.

And that’s when you contact them, you talk to them and then meet them. Just as they lay eyes on you, BOOM. That’s the new and improved you. YOUR version 2.0. They can’t help but wonder what brought so much positive change in you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APK8LlgpzGM
For that to happen, you need two things.

1. You should actually bring a positive change in your life and become a confident, happy and attractive person.
2. You should contact your ex and meet them somewhere.

If you have been following this guide till now, then you know how to go about the first point. So, let’s get straight to the second point.
Re: Should I Text My Ex Boyfriend First by mabelbrilliant: 12:17am On Aug 04, 2014
Hi Joan, I really need your advice on how to get my ex boyfriend back. I love my ex so much and am sure he also love me when he told me he cant live without me, we share everything together even our account details and password. We had a fight and lost communication, a month later i saw him with another lady of on street kissing and i felt a pain go through my heart. Brad please come to my rescue, am in pains.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am i a virgin? / THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) / Tell Us How U Met The Love Of Ur Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.