Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,363 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (248059 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tintingz(m): 3:00am On Apr 30, 2020
Saucyxo:

Abeg why did you tag me here. You know I don’t agree with such politics. People are allowed to believe God doesn’t exist. However, I do find it quite silly to publicly disrespect other people’s beliefs. I wouldn’t go to the KKK and shout white people are trash. Not because I don’t have to right to but it would be quite silly. I think we all need to be aware of our environment and act accordingly. But I do not agree with this. There’s no compulsion in theism or religion

Saying KKK are trash is different from saying they're racist even though it still complement each other. There's nothing silly about it, it's them that are being dishonest.

Most beliefs are expressed publicly, so they're public matters, we're disturbed with these beliefs publicly on daily bases, so they shouldn't have problem when they're criticized.

If your belief is private and you disturb no one with it, I don't think anyone will even think of criticizing your belief.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:01am On Apr 30, 2020
Saucyxo:

Lol always on the defence. Yourself smiley
I actually read that wrong. I didnt pay full attention. I thought you wrote "can I get some advice?"
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tintingz(m): 3:03am On Apr 30, 2020
Saucyxo:
On a lighter note! Isn’t this just beautiful? Empiree, lanrexlan, rilwayne001, tintingz, advocatejare lets focus on some positives! May Allah soften our hearts. You too whitelotus grin

Good charitable contribution.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Saucyxo: 3:06am On Apr 30, 2020
tintingz:

Saying KKK are trash is different from saying they're racist even though it still complement each other. There's nothing silly about it, it's them that are being dishonest.

Most beliefs are expressed publicly, so they public matters, we're disturbed with these beliefs publicly on daily bases, so they shouldn't have problem when they're criticized.

If your belief is private and you disturb no one with it, I don't think anyone will even think of criticizing your belief.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I didn’t say KKK is trash. I said white people are trash. The core stereotypical belief of KKK members is upholding white supremacy. I think this is crazy as do you I’m sure. However, this is their belief and they are entitled to that. If I’m in an environment that is governed by such core beliefs it is very irresponsible for me as a singular entity to publicly and aggressively go against such beliefs. I’m not saying Im not or I shouldn’t be entitled to, but it’s rather silly isn’t it? If the case of the guy being arrested happened in the North, while I don’t agree with it, I wouldn’t consider him innocent. I would consider him quite disrespectful.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Saucyxo: 3:17am On Apr 30, 2020
Empiree:
I actually read that wrong. I didnt pay full attention. I thought you wrote "can I get some advice?"

So can I give you?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:19am On Apr 30, 2020
Saucyxo:

So can I give you?
Go ahead. I have been waiting to hear. I thought you slept on your keyboard grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:27am On Apr 30, 2020
Saucyxo:

I didn’t say KKK is trash. I said white people are trash. The core stereotypical belief of KKK members is upholding white supremacy. I think this is crazy as do you I’m sure. However, this is their belief and they are entitled to that. If I’m in an environment that is governed by such core beliefs it is very irresponsible for me as a singular entity to publicly and aggressively go against such beliefs. I’m not saying Im not or I shouldn’t be entitled to, but it’s rather silly isn’t it? If the case of the guy being arrested happened in the North, while I don’t agree with it, I wouldn’t consider him innocent. I would consider him quite disrespectful.
You see what these atheists don't understand, I dont have problem with Atheists saying they dont belief in God even if they utter it openly. That's their problem. I hear it all the time in my area loud and clear. This particular atheist so called ex-muslims knows exactly what he is doing. He made headlines years ago. You need to understand that his arrest was not only about saying he doesn't belief in Allah. His people already heard this many times from him. That's why he made headlines years back. Why would they be troubled by his statement again?.

Fact is, the guy called Bala deliberately wanted to incite and make headline again. He said more than just displaying his disbelief. Remember it is not just that authority that picked him. It is citizens complaints against him which means he is doing something beyond that. But media, you know them now. Let me just stop.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by whitelotus: 3:29am On Apr 30, 2020
Saucyxo:

Then, one can easily also say that you stating that there is God is offensive .

Go to the bible belt in America and they will tell you that your Islam is disrespectful to their Jesus.

I think we should be careful in describing innocent people. The atheist guy is innocent period. Calling him disrespectful is paying lip service to the crazy conservative muslims
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by whitelotus: 3:32am On Apr 30, 2020
Empiree:
You see what these atheists don't understand, I dont have problem with Atheists saying they dont belief in God even if they utter it openly. That's their problem. I hear it all the time in my area loud and clear. This particular atheist so called ex-muslims knows exactly what he is doing. He made headlines years ago. You need to understand that his arrest was not only about saying he doesn't belief in Allah. His people already heard this many times from him. That's why he made headlines years back. Why would they be troubled by his statement again?.

Fact is, the guy called Bala deliberately wanted to incite and make headline again. He said more than just displaying his disbelief. Remember it is not just that authority that picked him. It is citizens complaints against him which means he is doing something beyond that. But media, you know them now. Let me just stop.

I can bet my life that you dont have a proper education.

Somebody was arrested on blasphemy laws and what he said was stated in the news release. Yet you are here spouting conspiracies that he wanted to incite.

He wanted to incite what? Do you even understand that you are indirectly saying that northern muslims are angry fools who can be incited by mere atheism?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:33am On Apr 30, 2020
whitelotus:

[s]I can bet my life that you dont have a proper education.

Somebody was arrested on blasphemy laws and what he said was stated in the news release. Yet you are here spouting conspiracies that he wanted to incite.

He wanted to incite what? Do you even understand that you are indirectly saying that northern muslims are angry fools who can be incited by mere atheism?
[/s]
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by whitelotus: 3:34am On Apr 30, 2020
Saucyxo:
On a lighter note! Isn’t this just beautiful? Empiree, lanrexlan, rilwayne001, tintingz, advocatejare lets focus on some positives! May Allah soften our hearts. You too whitelotus grin

I'm not impressed. Mosques and islamic charities only distribute in areas where there are muslims.

I can tell you for a fact that there are many places in the UK countryside that you will never see a muslim charity
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by whitelotus: 3:35am On Apr 30, 2020
Empiree,

Please explain, what did the atheist want to incite?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by whitelotus: 3:37am On Apr 30, 2020
Saucyxo:

Abeg why did you tag me here. You know I don’t agree with such politics. People are allowed to believe God doesn’t exist. However, I do find it quite silly to publicly disrespect other people’s beliefs. I wouldn’t go to the KKK and shout white people are trash. Not because I don’t have to right to but it would be quite silly. I think we all need to be aware of our environment and act accordingly. But I do not agree with this. There’s no compulsion in theism or religion

He is expressing his rights guaranteed by the constitution. You can find it silly just as I find believing in fairy tales that Muhammad sliced the moon in two to be silly.

I'm happy this is going international
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tintingz(m): 3:39am On Apr 30, 2020
Saucyxo:

Going to the KKK to say white people are trash is hasty generalization, not all white people support KKK, so it's a fallacy to begin with.

Like I said, if your belief isn't publicly expressed e.g blocking roads, attack physically on non-believers, disturb with microphones etc no one will criticize your beliefs but it's actually the case.

You can have any belief in your thoughts, you can have the thought of belief to kill everyone, no one has problem with that but the moment you express it in public then be ready to be criticized. It's tit for tat, you have free right to express your beliefs and I've same right to criticize it.

Criticism always come with a pay e.g disrespect, offensive etc no matter how it's constructive you will find some statement offensive.

If a book talked about a man going about and attacking people, calling such man a serial killer is actually what it's but this will sound offensive to his followers, not that I didn't just call the man a serial killer publicly, the followers are disturbing us with his ideology which is affecting the society.

Whether he was disrespectful is not the case, I don't care if I'm called disrespectful but taking actions for airing my views is what that's disrespectful. You're free you express your beliefs I'm free to express mine.

The Qur'an called non-believers loosers, hell dwellers, sinners and disrespect their ideology, you think no one take that offensive?, So non-believers also do same. So it's tit for tat.

If you have issues with disrespecting people's beliefs, start criticizing your Qur'an.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Saucyxo: 4:19am On Apr 30, 2020
whitelotus:

I'm not impressed. Mosques and islamic charities only distribute in areas where there are muslims.

I can tell you for a fact that there are many places in the UK countryside that you will never see a muslim charity

Nope that’s not true! There are ALOT of Muslims in the UK. This happened in Surrey which is just outside London. The area is very very suburban. smiley
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Saucyxo: 4:40am On Apr 30, 2020
tintingz:

Going to the KKK to say white people are trash is hasty generalization, not all white people support KKK, so it's a fallacy to begin with.

Like I said, if your belief isn't publicly expressed e.g blocking roads, attack physically on non-believers, disturb with microphones etc no one will criticize your beliefs but it's actually the case.

You can have any belief in your thoughts, you can have the thought of belief to kill everyone, no one has problem with that but the moment you express it in public then be ready to be criticized. It's tit for tat, you have free right to express your beliefs and I've same right to criticize it.

Criticism always come with a pay e.g disrespect, offensive etc no matter how it's constructive you will find some statement offensive.

If a book talked about a man going about and attacking people, calling such man a serial killer is actually what it's but this will sound offensive to his followers, not that I didn't just call the man a serial killer publicly, the followers are disturbing us with his ideology which is affecting the society.

Whether he was disrespectful is not the case, I don't care if I'm called disrespectful but taking actions for airing my views is what that's disrespectful. You're free you express your beliefs I'm free to express mine.

The Qur'an called non-believers loosers, hell dwellers, sinners and disrespect their ideology, you think no one take that offensive?, So non-believers also do same. So it's tit for tat.

If you have issues with disrespecting people's beliefs, start criticizing your Qur'an.

Empiree is a Muslim, I’m a Muslim and we have quite different views. Different sects of Islam have different views. The KKK believe all whites are superior. Regardless of if white people agree with that or not. I’m allowed to say white people are inherently trash. It may not be false.

Anyways. It doesn’t matter. A part of growing up is becoming more aware and sensitive to your surroundings. This isn’t a matter of the law, it’s a matter of maturity and living with people. The analogies you made don’t apply to this scenario. If I lived amongst thieves and murderers, I wouldn’t go around condemning the act even though I have the right to. It’s very silly. It’s not heroic by any sense and would more than likely get me killed. It’s about being aware of the environment you are occupying.

I agree with you sir! In an ideal world, free speech should reign but that’s not the reality. It is irresponsible to occupy and share a space with people that are different from you and you condemn them and expect no consequences. That won’t happen. I should be able to go to the Queens house and call her a thief but I’ll more than likely be kicked out and given a hefty fine for harassment and pubic misconduct. That’s just life.

He was aware of his surroundings and he CHOSE to disrespect people who are strong and callous in their belief. Come on, I’m sure you can see that’s not Islam’s fault. If you came to my house and I was singing my mums praises and you called my mum a ***** I will absolutely smash a bottle on your head lol. Even if she had been arrested 50,000 times for that exact same thing and it was publicised. That’s human nature. And you’d do the same. There are ways to go about getting things. Luckily, I live in a society that allows you to say such with no consequences. Northern Nigeria is not that society. He knows it. You know it and I know it. The people who fought for the freedom of speech you’re flinging about didn't flaunt it in order to earn it. They were strategic. Do I think it was wrong for him to be arrested? Absolutely, judging by my societal standards but I’m not the judge here, it’s a northerner. I do think it was highly stupid and reckless.

I don’t understand what the Quran has to do with this. Please note: I’m not interested in useless debates. I’m here to learn and share what I know. A broken clock is right twice a day. However, if you read things to retort or just for debate purposes please count me out! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Saucyxo: 4:41am On Apr 30, 2020
whitelotus:

He is expressing his rights guaranteed by the constitution. You can find it silly just as I find believing in fairy tales that Muhammad sliced the moon in two to be silly.

I'm happy this is going international

I completely agree with you. Please read my reply to tinting.z.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:44am On Apr 30, 2020
Saucyxo:

Nope that’s not true! There are ALOT of Muslims in the UK. This happened in Surrey which is just outside London. The area is very very suburban. smiley
I just didnt not want to reply him. I read his post and he sounds very silly. Perhaps you can guess their plan that I have seen from miles away is the reason I am always defensive because i know them very well. I even told him yesterday about some Alfa in yorubaland are giving free money everyday. This particular one gives 20k per day to people regardless of religion or tribe. And every Saturday throughout Ramadan he organizes a quiz on live program where he gives 5k per question if you get the right answer. He is doing all this to ease lockdown stress on people regardless of religion or tribe. But these clowns are on a mission. Their mission is, they do not want anything positive attached to islam and muslim. Thats their way.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Saucyxo: 4:46am On Apr 30, 2020
whitelotus:

Then, one can easily also say that you stating that there is God is offensive .

Go to the bible belt in America and they will tell you that your Islam is disrespectful to their Jesus.

I think we should be careful in describing innocent people. The atheist guy is innocent period. Calling him disrespectful is paying lip service to the crazy conservative muslims

No I’m sorry I don’t agree. I don’t think he’s innocent. He is aware of lawless society he lives in. He is aware that freedom of expression is not one practised here in Nigeria. It wasn’t made with Nigerian in mind and certainly not for the consumption of Nigerian society currently. He is aware he went to far right conservative Muslim state. He wasn’t looking for a conversation or to learn or to discuss with Muslims. He was looking to offend and disrespect. I don’t agree with the consequences but I don’t believe it is peculiar to Islam.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Saucyxo: 4:48am On Apr 30, 2020
Empiree:
Go ahead. I have been waiting to hear. I thought you slept on your keyboard grin

Lol my advice. Send me a temporary email address please. You know we can’t be giving advice in public wink
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:50am On Apr 30, 2020
Saucyxo:

Lol my advice. Send me a temporary email address please. You know we can’t be giving advice in public wink
i pmed u
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Brayss(m): 5:17am On Apr 30, 2020
Empiree:
I just didnt not want to reply him. I read his post and he sounds very silly. Perhaps you can guess their plan that I have seen from miles away is the reason I am always defensive because i know them very well. I even told him yesterday about some Alfa in yorubaland are giving free money everyday. This particular one gives 20k per day to people regardless of religion or tribe. And every Saturday throughout Ramadan he organizes a quiz on live program where he gives 5k per question if you get the right answer. He is doing all this to ease lockdown stress on people regardless of religion or tribe. But these clowns are on a mission. Their mission is, they do not want anything positive attached to islam and muslim. Thats their way.
what time and which station about the quiz programe
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:44am On Apr 30, 2020
Brayss:
what time and which station about the quiz programe
It is on facebook here https://www.facebook.com/risalatul.haqdawah?epa=SEARCH_BOX every saturday. But constantly check his page for update. Program starts at 9PM Nigerian time. Sometimes 10PM. Be sure to Like, Share and Follow the page for update.

And subscribe to his Youtube account for update too. Looks like this Saturday quiz is on Youtube. I am not sure
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqdr20B63ydJDyfx0RgiJg

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tintingz(m): 6:24am On Apr 30, 2020
Saucyxo:

Empiree is a Muslim, I’m a Muslim and we have quite different views. Different sects of Islam have different views. The KKK believe all whites are superior. Regardless of if white people agree with that or not. I’m allowed to say white people are inherently trash. It may not be false.
Again, saying white people are trash is hasty or faulty generalization, IT'S FALSE. Maybe you don't know what hasty generalization is. Link below.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faulty_generalization

Anyways. It doesn’t matter. A part of growing up is becoming more aware and sensitive to your surroundings. This isn’t a matter of the law, it’s a matter of maturity and living with people. The analogies you made don’t apply to this scenario. If I lived amongst thieves and murderers, I wouldn’t go around condemning the act even though I have the right to. It’s very silly. It’s not heroic by any sense and would more than likely get me killed. It’s about being aware of the environment you are occupying. [quote] Ofcos it is reasonable to protect yourself in a dangerous environment with dangerous ideology, infact it's logical thing to do.

And in another sense, sacrifices are made to change a society. Muhammad did it, he didn't keep quiet in Mecca and when he got many followers he attacked. This is how revolution usually occur.

[quote]I agree with you sir! In an ideal world, free speech should reign but that’s not the reality. It is irresponsible to occupy and share a space with people that are different from you and you condemn them and expect no consequences. That won’t happen. I should be able to go to the Queens house and call her a thief but I’ll more than likely be kicked out and given a hefty fine for harassment and pubic misconduct. That’s just life.
Calling the Queen a thief is protected by free speech but defaming isn't protected, you've to proof the Queen is a thief or go to jail for defamation.

And secondly you went to the Queen's house, that's infringement of privacy.

He was aware of his surroundings and he CHOSE to disrespect people who are strong and callous in their belief. Come on, I’m sure you can see that’s not Islam’s fault.
He's in a society where he's being oppressed of his ideology, a society that practice punishment of apostasy in reference to Shari'a law.

Can an atheist publicly say he doesn't believe in God in the north without being attacked? Are they not violating his freedom?

Many Muslim in the north are violent because their religion influences them, if Islam is so extremely peaceful in it doctrines, how come we have violent Muslims? Like Sam Harris asked.

If you came to my house and I was singing my mums praises and you called my mum a ***** I will absolutely smash a bottle on your head lol.
If you smash bottle on my head for insulting your mum that's physical violence and you will be jailed. Why can't you insult my mum too? Or send me out of your house? And if you feel I'm slandering her, you can press charges.

Even if she had been arrested 50,000 times for that exact same thing and it was publicised. That’s human nature. And you’d do the same.
No, I won't smash anyone with bottle for insulting my mum, I will rather insult him back or walk away. Smashing someone with something doesn't carry the same weight with insult.

There are ways to go about getting things. Luckily, I live in a society that allows you to say such with no consequences. Northern Nigeria is not that society. He knows it. You know it and I know it. The people who fought for the freedom of speech you’re flinging about didn't flaunt it in order to earn it. They were strategic. Do I think it was wrong for him to be arrested? Absolutely, judging by my societal standards but I’m not the judge here, it’s a northerner. I do think it was highly stupid and reckless.
He didn't even go to the street saying it, he posted it on Facebook, fcking Facebook!!

It's Islam thing not only northerner thing, Islam promote punishing blasphemy and apostasy, this is against human rights at every angle.

He's said to be an activist, he wants changes in the north, he want northern muslims to feel how they oppressed him. He's expressing his constitutional rights.

If calling Muhammad a terrorists hurt Muslims, then they should see how it hurt when you're being oppressed.

I don’t understand what the Quran has to do with this. Please note: I’m not interested in useless debates. I’m here to learn and share what I know. A broken clock is right twice a day. However, if you read things to retort or just for debate purposes please count me out! smiley

The Qur'an Muslim believe in which they use to oppress apostates also blaspheme other beliefs, so yes the Quran has many things to do with this.

I guess you agree the Qur'an committed blasphemy.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by whitelotus: 7:20am On Apr 30, 2020
Saucyxo:

There are different parts of Surrey. Surrey is near london and so, many people live there just to get to London.

Take East Surrey for example with farms and farmlands. Very little muslims there and I know for a fact that the nearest mosque from the house I stayed in was miles and miles away. This is east Surrey.

Muslims are only 2.2% of the population of Surrey. Move away from the centre and you would stop seeing muslims.

Then take Nigeria as another example. You will hardly see any muslim charity in the south south of Nigeria. When you go to many remote villages, the only charities you see are Christian charities. Mind you, I am an atheist.

Let's call a spade a spade. Your Zakat is a waste.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by whitelotus: 7:24am On Apr 30, 2020
Empiree:

What is this clown saying? Are there not muslims in Yorubaland?

Let's move to the east and south of Nigeria, then you will know how cowardly and useless muslim charities are because they are almost non existent there.

Yet, in the north of nigeria with sharia, you see christian charities helping the poor villagers in remote areas. You might not see one church but you will see Christian's helping.

I am not a christian but one cannot deny the truth. All your Zakat means nothing if you cannot help your brothers who dont share your faith
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by whitelotus: 8:05am On Apr 30, 2020
Saucyxo:

No I’m sorry I don’t agree. I don’t think he’s innocent. He is aware of lawless society he lives in. He is aware that freedom of expression is not one practised here in Nigeria. It wasn’t made with Nigerian in mind and certainly not for the consumption of Nigerian society currently. He is aware he went to far right conservative Muslim state. He wasn’t looking for a conversation or to learn or to discuss with Muslims. He was looking to offend and disrespect. I don’t agree with the consequences but I don’t believe it is peculiar to Islam.

I'm sure you have heard of Martin Luther King. MLK.

He was arrested for preaching equality in America during a period of segregation. This was someone exercising his freedom of speech and many white people found it disrespectful that he wanted equality.

The point here is that you are no different from passively racist white people, as opposed to the actively racist white people. The actively racist white people felt that MLK should be arrested and silenced for speaking up against racial injustice. The passively racist white people felt that he was an uppity nigger that should stop being disrespectful (but didnt see a need for him to be arrested). The only good white people were the ones that either lent their voices in support or joined him at the protests.

You are sounding like a passive bigot in claiming that the atheist is not innocent for speaking up on his beliefs or lack thereof. You claiming that it is not palatable for Nigeria is very ignorant given the fact that you neither live in Nigeria nor do you speak for Nigeria as a whole.

What did the atheist say that was disrespectful? Try and answer that.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Saucyxo: 9:12am On Apr 30, 2020
whitelotus:

There are different parts of Surrey. Surrey is near london and so, many people live there just to get to London.

Take East Surrey for example with farms and farmlands. Very little muslims there and I know for a fact that the nearest mosque from the house I stayed in was miles and miles away. This is east Surrey.

Muslims are only 2.2% of the population of Surrey. Move away from the centre and you would stop seeing muslims.

Then take Nigeria as another example. You will hardly see any muslim charity in the south south of Nigeria. When you go to many remote villages, the only charities you see are Christian charities. Mind you, I am an atheist.

Let's call a spade a spade. Your Zakat is a waste.

Not here to go back and forth with you babe.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by whitelotus: 9:16am On Apr 30, 2020
Saucyxo:

Not here to go back and forth with you babe.

I like it when you call me "babe".
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Saucyxo: 9:48am On Apr 30, 2020
tintingz:
Again, saying white people are trash is hasty or faulty generalization, IT'S FALSE. Maybe you don't know what hasty generalization is. Link below.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faulty_generalization

How is it false ?

This was a comparable analogy. You are allowed to visit the queens house. The queen is a thief. If I called her that in her home amongst her followers, I promise you something will start and I will spend a night in prison. Common sense tells me that.

That is exactly the kind of society Nigeria is. An oppressive society. You know this, I know this, He knew this. What did he think would happen? His freedom of expression also allows him to wear army camouflage clothes. Again, I’m privileged to live in a society where there would be consequences for my actions. I am held accountable by my societal standards. The societal standards would make that unacceptable. There are lots of things the law doesn’t allow me to do that I’ll do and no one will care. In both the USA and most European countries, Jaywalking is actually against the law. In the USA I’m sure the police officers would give you a huge smile while you jaywalk not so much in Norway. Their societal standards finds jaywalking to be far more transgressing. Germany you can’t denounce the holocaust and love hitler it’s a crime. I’m sure you know Germany holds the virtue freedom of expression much higher than that of Nigeria. Many people have been arrested and imprisoned for denying the holocaust all over Europe. There are hate speech laws all over Europe. Even if there weren’t, Maybe it’s just me. It’s 100% complete common sense not to be around Muslims and call one of the most important figures a murderer. I wouldn’t even need to tell my 3 year old cousin that.

Anyways, like I’ve said before and I will say again. I don’t agree with his arrest, however, I don’t believe this is peculiar to Islam and Muslims. I would slap you if you came to my house and called my sister a thief even if my sister has been caught stealing 200000000x and it was on FOX news. Especially if I know I could get away with it in Nigerian society.

I see that you’re here to go back and forth and money haffi mekkkkkkkkkkkkk. There’s people in this world making money and I can’t imagine wasting that time being unproductive.

I have lots of atheist friends and I find that there are two types of people: people who respect your beliefs but ask to understand even if they don’t agree, and people who skim over information so they can have something to say to seem knowledgeable. You’re only talking to yourself. This is just a random forum online. You don’t make money, you can only gain knowledge. Good and bad knowledge. I completely understand why someone would be atheist. I see reason and logic in their actions. My friends completely understand why I’m Muslim. They see reason and logic in my actions. That’s that. When I see something about atheism that blows my mind, I read about it and ask them in order for me to understand and vice versa. I’m sure you can find something more productive to do with your time. If you want to ask a question please ask. However, I’m not going back and forth with you about your state of mind. Lol I’m not here to change your mind.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Saucyxo: 10:01am On Apr 30, 2020
whitelotus:

I'm sure you have heard of Martin Luther King. MLK.

He was arrested for preaching equality in America during a period of segregation. This was someone exercising his freedom of speech and many white people found it disrespectful that he wanted equality.

The point here is that you are no different from passively racist white people, as opposed to the actively racist white people. The actively racist white people felt that MLK should be arrested and silenced for speaking up against racial injustice. The passively racist white people felt that he was an uppity nigger that should stop being disrespectful (but didnt see a need for him to be arrested). The only good white people were the ones that either lent their voices in support or joined him at the protests.

You are sounding like a passive bigot in claiming that the atheist is not innocent for speaking up on his beliefs or lack thereof. You claiming that it is not palatable for Nigeria is very ignorant given the fact that you neither live in Nigeria nor do you speak for Nigeria as a whole.

What did the atheist say that was disrespectful? Try and answer that.

Great! I love MLK. MLK preached in church then got a backing and then preached in black areas. He had many white supporters. He made strategic and CRUCIAL alliances. He talked and created bridges. MLK didn’t understandably wake up, decide to go to white neighbourhoods and start calling them racist bigoted trash one day. Because he knew that was plain silly. It would get him arrested and put in jail and his mission wouldn’t be accomplished. If you look at MLK’s motives, it was often to reach an agreement. To have civil discussions and relay the frustrations of black Americans. Not to insult white people. In what world would that have worked? “Good” white people supported MLK because he wanted equality. If he was calling them vile creatures and saying they were trash I’m sure there would be no “good” white people.

Whooooo told you I don’t live in Nigeria? Anyways, it’s just reality. Nigeria doesn’t practice freedom of speech, it doesn’t make sense that you demand it to be practiced in the most sensitive way.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Saucyxo: 10:27am On Apr 30, 2020
whitelotus:

I like it when you call me "babe".

I saw a nice thing ah if you don’t think it’s nice that’s your own lol wetin concern me

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.