Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,374 members, 7,861,029 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:25 PM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (255519 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by texanomaly(f): 1:45am On Sep 07, 2014
Empiree: okay. thanks for your concern. I hesitated to respond to you cus your face is not familiar in this section. I tried to split and understand before answering his question. He doesnt seem to be muslim the way he asked. i guess he's studying at the moment. I dont know what u meant by both here. His question is a little tricky thats why i rephrased it to him but looks like he doesnt get it. But Tbaba answers further. Now can u ask ur question let's see?. Thanks.
Ok. I read tbaba's post. So basically both means are correct? The angel told The Prophet and then he recited it to scribes?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AbdulSleek(m): 5:17am On Sep 07, 2014
Empiree:
You mean TheBigUrban2 is the same guy behind all these usernames?. That's crazy. What is he thinking?.

wink

Ask your mod. He started going beyond the rules to ban me and so, I went beyond the rules to create many usernames. In fact, I thank him. He motivated me to stay on this section. Without his wickedness, I wouldnt have had the motivation to be on this section.

Allahuakbar wink
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AbdulSleek(m): 5:20am On Sep 07, 2014
Empiree: okay. thanks for your concern. I hesitated to respond to you cus your face is not familiar in this section. I tried to split and understand before answering his question. He doesnt seem to be muslim the way he asked. i guess he's studying at the moment. I dont know what u meant by both here. His question is a little tricky thats why i rephrased it to him but looks like he doesnt get it. But Tbaba answers further. Now can u ask ur question let's see?. Thanks.

@ bold.

You guys keep acting like you have something to hide. I have the same answer for everyone when it comes to faith/no faith.

Out of fear of Abdulsleek, you hesitate at every new username because you think its logicboy smiley. I would say that my work is done but........
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AbdulSleek(m): 5:28am On Sep 07, 2014
AbdulSleek: Why is islam the worst religion when it comes to dealing with atheists?

It is the hardest oppressor of atheism in the world.

How do muslims answer this issue?

Still waiting
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 6:36am On Sep 07, 2014
AbdulSleek:

wink

Ask your mod. He started going beyond the rules to ban me and so, I went beyond the rules to create many usernames. In fact, I thank him. He motivated me to stay on this section. Without his wickedness, I wouldnt have had the motivation to be on this section.

Allahuakbar wink
you will become muslim inshAllah

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AbdulSleek(m): 7:15am On Sep 07, 2014
Empiree: you will become muslim inshAllah

Even your Quran tells you that someone like me can never become a muslim wink

Read my first two topics on my profile.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 7:17am On Sep 07, 2014
Empiree: you will become muslim inshAllah

Ameeeen Ya rabb
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AbdulSleek(m): 7:18am On Sep 07, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Ameeeen Ya rabb

grin grin grin

Dream on
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 7:19am On Sep 07, 2014
AbdulSleek:

Even your Quran tells you that someone like me can never become a muslim wink

Read my first two topics on my profile.

Why do you disguise as a muslim on those threads?

What is your objective

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 7:20am On Sep 07, 2014
AbdulSleek:

grin grin grin

Dream on

wink
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AbdulSleek(m): 7:24am On Sep 07, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Why do you disguise as a muslim on those threads?

Whats you objective

https://www.nairaland.com/1106220/confessions-abdulsleek-lessons-learnt

I did it to prove the hypocrisy on this section.

1) A muslim is treated with respect and given the benefit of a doubt while a non-muslim is treated suspiciously like an islamophobe

2) Many muslims here tell us that criticize islam that we do not understand islam, I became "muslim brother Abdulsleek" to prove that many muslims here just recite what their imams/clerics tell them without understanding.

And guess what? Every new muslim (especially those with "abdul" in their name) is now treated suspiciously.

#Team Abdulsleek
#Team covert expose
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 7:27am On Sep 07, 2014
AbdulSleek:

https://www.nairaland.com/1106220/confessions-abdulsleek-lessons-learnt

I did it to prove the hypocrisy on this section.

1) A muslim is treated with respect and given the benefit of a doubt while a non-muslim is treated suspiciously like an islamophobe

2) Many muslims here tell us that criticize islam that we do not understand islam, I became "muslim brother Abdulsleek" to prove that many muslims here just recite what their imams/clerics tell them without understanding.

And guess what? Every new muslim (especially those with "abdul" in their name) is now treated suspiciously.

#Team Abdulsleek
#Team covert expose

grin grin

May God have mercy on you

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AbdulSleek(m): 7:32am On Sep 07, 2014
Rilwayne001:

grin grin

Amin cheesy
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by LordReed(m): 9:22am On Sep 07, 2014
Empiree: Are you muslim?

No I am not, doesn't stop me from learning does it?

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by LordReed(m): 9:25am On Sep 07, 2014
tbaba12345:

Jibril is the conduit of revelation.

God sends the message through his angel Gabriel.

I always assumed that it was an already written book delivered to the Prophet.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 10:17am On Sep 07, 2014
Rilwayne001:

grin grin

In one of Zakir Naik 's lecture visits in Europe, he was asked, "why do you come here to preach freely while in sharia states, non muslims can't do the same?". The Doctor avoided the question till he returned to India. There he responded that; "will you let a teacher come & teach 2+2=5 if you own a school?

In a nutshell, the problem with many of us muslim is double thinking. Throughout my days as an orthodox muslim, i was taught that "Islam" is a religion of peace, no compulsion, no injustice, no double standard or violence. But as soon as i returned to the religious texts, notably the oral traditions and orthodox exegesis of the Qur'an, i was taken aback. What Abdulsleek did is no worse than what orthodox muslims do when they deny vile practices like death for apostacy/blasphemy, sugar coating their beliefs in order draw converts.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by sino(m): 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
usermane:

In one of Zakir Naik 's lecture visits in Europe, he was asked, "why do you come here to preach freely while in sharia states, non muslims can't do the same?". The Doctor avoided the question till he returned to India. There he responded that; "will you let a teacher come & teach 2+2=5 if you own a school?

In a nutshell, the problem with many of us muslim is double thinking. Throughout my days as an orthodox muslim, i was taught that "Islam" is a religion of peace, no compulsion, no injustice, no double standard or violence. But as soon as i returned to the religious texts, notably the oral traditions and orthodox exegesis of the Qur'an, i was taken aback. What Abdulsleek did is no worse than what orthodox muslims do when they deny vile practices like death for apostacy/blasphemy, sugar coating their beliefs in order draw converts.

Orthodox Muslims denying what exactly?! How can you compare a two-faced lying atheist with a Muslim?! You have been throwing this orthodox stuff for a while now, and all i see is lack of adequate knowledge on your part and those of your teachers or whatever you call them...If not for the orthodox Muslims/Scholars, would you even have the Qur'an?!

Islam is not a religion of quantity, where we need to lie, to convince people, or deny our history and the foundation of different branches of Islamic knowledge in order to attract converts, rather, Islam is based on Quality, the sincere conviction to the truth, as brought to us and practiced by the prophet (SAW), Sahabas and the Salafs who are the orthodox Muslims.

FYI, we do not deny apostasy/blasphemy laws, rather we define and explain it in its proper context, looking at evidences available in the Qur'an and traditions, brought to us by reputable jurist and Islamic scholars, past and present, and also making room for valid differences of opinion in regards to these issues.

Bro, go learn the basics of the deen, it's no joke that some people (scholars) dedicated their life to explaining the deen so that you and I can have proper understanding.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
LordReed:

No I am not, doesn't stop me from learning does it?
No, it doesn't. Nice try. Keep it up.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2014
usermane:
In a nutshell, the problem with many of us muslim is double thinking.
U getting there brother
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
AlBaqir:

Ma sha Allah dear brother. Take your time. May Allah give us taofiq for much understanding.
Yes, ongoing. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 5:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
sino:

Orthodox Muslims denying what exactly?! How can you compare a two-faced lying atheist with a Muslim?!

You have been throwing this orthodox stuff for a while now, and all i see is lack of adequate knowledge on your part and those of your teachers or whatever you call them.

Islam is not a religion of quantity, where we need to lie, to convince people, or deny our history and the foundation of different branches of Islamic knowledge in order to attract converts, rather, Islam is based on Quality, the sincere conviction to the truth, as brought to us and practiced by the prophet (SAW), Sahabas and the Salafs who are the orthodox Muslims.

Orthodox Muslim Clergy:
Be kind and merciful to everyone, even an ant.

Orthodox Islamic Text:
‘Abdullah Ibn ‘Amr Ibn AI- As said, “Do not visit the drunkard when being ill.” (Al-Hakim in Al- Mustadrak and attributed by Al-Suyuti to AtTabarani in Jami’ Al-Ahadith)

Al-Bukhari and Ibn ‘Umar said, “Do not greet the drunkard.”

The Prophet said, “Do not sit with the drunkard, visit their sick or attend their funerals. On the Day of Judgement the drunkard will be brought with a black face, and his tongue dangling on his chest, flowing with saliva. Whoever sees him knowing that he is a drunkard will disgust him.” (Ibn Al-Jawzy)

Orthodox Muslim Clergy:

There is no compulsion in Islam, no one is penalised for apostacy.

Orthodox Islamic Texts:
Narrated Ikrima: Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn 'Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

Sahih Bukhari 4:52:260
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 6:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
Orthodox Muslim Clergy:

Respect and treat everyone well regardless of their beliefs.

Orthodox Islamic Texts:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger as saying: Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads force him to go to the narrowest part of it.
Sahih Muslim 26:5389

Orthodox Muslim Clergy:

Jihad is limited to defense only. No aggression in Islam

Orthodox Islamic Texts:
http://mquran.org/content/view/7272/2/

Abu Bakr As- Siddiq used this(Quran 9:5) and other honorable Ayat as proof for fighting those who refrained from paying the Zakah. These Ayat allowed fighting people unless, and until, they embrace Islam and implement its rulings and obligations. Allah mentioned the most important aspects of Islam here, including what is less important.
Tafsir Ibn Kathir; Quran 9:5

Orthodox Muslim scholars :
All Lives are sacred, a true muslim will never kill or even hurt anyone, not even a disbeliever.

Orthodox Islamic texts:
Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah's Apostle said, "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them except legally and their reckoning will be with Allah."

Narrated Maimun ibn Siyah that he asked Anas bin Malik, "O Abu Hamza! What makes the life and property of a person sacred?" He replied, "Whoever says, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah', faces our Qibla during the prayers, prays like us and eats our slaughtered animal, then he is a Muslim, and has got the same rights and obligations as other Muslims have." Sahih Bukhari 1:8:387
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
^^^
Seen anything familiar? I actually opted not responding but your denial kept reverberating and thus i cooked up this one.

Daily Hadith!!!
You 're asking yourself, "how?", didn't you look before you leap? Don't be a hypocrite Sino, embrace the truth.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 7:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
Book 026, Number 5380:

Anas b. Malik reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When the People of the Book offer you salutations, you should say: The same to you.

Book 026, Number 5381:

Anas reported that the Companions of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said to him: The People. of the Book offer us salutations (by saying as-Salamu- 'Alaikum). How should we reciprocate them? Thereupon he said: Say: Wa 'Alaikum (and upon you too).

Book 026, Number 5374:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The rider should first greet the pedestrian, and the pedestrian the one who is seated and a small group should greet a larger group (with as-Salam-u-'Alaikum).

Book 026, Number 5384:

'A'isha reported that a group of Jews came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and sought his audience and said: As-Sam-u-'Alaikum. A'isha said in response: As-Sim-u-'Alaikum (death be upon you) and curse also, whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: 'A'isha, verily Allah loes kindness in every matter. She said: Did you bear what they said? Thereupon he said: Did you not hear that I said (to them): Wa 'Alaikum.

May God help us from someone claiming to know Quran alone. Laziness to do what is right. Whether the hadith he quoted above is authentic, good, weak or bogus, what's important is almost all Ahadith as well as verses of Qur'an are historically connected. Ulama of the past worked hard on what I termed System of Meaning which I have been ringing in his ears over and again. May Allah deliver him from ignorance.

A respected Muslim man once said that Prophet's(saw) scribes would write anything they hear him said in context or outside of it. They would just write (like secretary writes everything he/she hears). Whether it makes sense or not. Unfortunately many of this uncomfortable moments can no longer be ignored nor taken off. Islam is sincere. Muslims are sincere the best way they can. But for a lone wolf on NL to quote a verse of Quran or hadith to justify his desire is foolishness. The same thing isis are doing, quoting certain verses to justify their evil intention.

So this lone wolf Quranite on NL is a guilty extremist as much as those "jihacrazies", the vagabonds. He's a semi-brand of khawarij as well. What he thinks is irrelevant. Rather, muslims act upon what is directed in Shari'ah.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nairatalks: 8:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
^^^
Lol does this Empiree guy think that we dont know that there are harsher verses on the unbeliever/Jews?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba12345: 8:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
^logicboy, bigurban, cheers etc

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nairatalks: 8:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
tbaba12345: ^ etc

Clap for yourself.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba12345: 11:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
Usermane, Your post displays your lack of knowledge of Islamic principles... Even some of your 'orthodox muslim clergy' saying are wrong and you would not find knowledgeable clergy saying some of what you have written..

I. Orthodox Muslim Clergy: Be kind and merciful to everyone, even an ant.

There are countless narrations that emphasize this.

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "It is enough evil for a Muslim to look down upon his (Muslim) brother."

[Muslim].

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Do not express pleasure at the misfortune of a brother lest Allah should bestow mercy upon him and make you suffer from a misfortune."

[At- Tirmidhi].

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Do not desert (stop talking to) one another, do not nurse hatred towards one another, do not be jealous of one another, and become as fellow brothers and slaves of Allah. It is not lawful for a Muslim to stop talking to his brother (Muslim) for more than three days."

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Etc, etc etc

Now to drinking, the only admissible narration is this:

The Prophet said, “Do not sit with the drunkard, visit their sick or attend their funerals. On the Day of Judgement the drunkard will be brought with a black face, and his tongue dangling on his chest, flowing with saliva. Whoever sees him knowing that he is a drunkard will disgust him.” (Ibn Al-Jawzy)

What Abdullah Ibn ‘Amr Ibn AI- As, Al-Bukhari and Ibn ‘Umar said, are not the basis for law.

I. The basis of the sharia is societal good.

ii. Drinking is haram, a major sin, Public display of drinking is strongly prohibited and those who engage in that, suffer harsh societal consequences. The principle is simple., It discourages public drinking.

iii. The sharia does not legislate for what is done in private.

iv. Advising, and helping a Muslim avoid drinking is part of enjoining the good and forbidding the evil and must be done.

v. If a person has a drinking problem, he can approach a scholar or a doctor privately for help and advise but public display of drunkenness is strongly discouraged.

If anything, this has the societal benefit of discouraging public drunkenness. It is an act of tough love and shows that societal benefit is placed more highly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by sino(m): 11:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
usermane:

Orthodox Islamic Text:
‘Abdullah Ibn ‘Amr Ibn AI- As said, “Do not visit the drunkard when being ill.” (Al-Hakim in Al- Mustadrak and attributed by Al-Suyuti to AtTabarani in Jami’ Al-Ahadith)

Al-Bukhari and Ibn ‘Umar said, “Do not greet the drunkard.”

Allah, Most High says,

{O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, sacrificing to stones and (divination by) arrows, is an abomination, of Satan's handiwork: Eschew such (abomination) that ye may prosper. Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah, and from Prayer: will ye not then abstain?} (Q 5: 90-91)

Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab

When the prohibition of wine (was yet to be) declared, Umar said: O Allah, give us a satisfactory explanation about wine. So the following verse of Surat al-Baqarah revealed; "They ask thee concerning wine and gambling. Say: In them is great sin...." Umar was then called and it was recited to him. He said: O Allah, give us a satisfactory explanation about wine. Then the following verse of Surat an-Nisa' was revealed: "O ye who believe! approach not prayers with a mind befogged...." Thereafter the herald of the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) would call when the (congregational) prayer was performed: Beware, one who is drunk should not come to prayer. Umar was again called and it was recited to him). He said: O Allah, give us a satisfactory explanation about wine. This verse was revealed: "Will ye not then abstain?" Umar said: We abstained.

Ibn 'Abbas related that, "When the wine was forbidden, the companions (of the Prophet) met each other and said, The wine was forbidden and became equal to polytheism (Shirk)." (Reported by AI-Hakim in AI-Mustadrak and it is an authentic hadith)

Abu Sa'id Al-Khudari related that the Prophet (pbuh) said,
"Allah does not accept the Prayers from him who drinks wine so long as there is still something of it in his body” (Reported by Ibn Hajar Ai-' Asqalani in 'AI-Matalib AI-Aliyyah' and reported by An-Nasa'i.)

Abu Hurayrah related that the Prophet (pbuh) said,
"A thief is not a believer at the time of committing a theft. A fornicator is not a believer at the time of committing fornication, and a drunkard also is not a believer at the time of drinking as long as they have the opportunity to repent”

Alcohol is prohibited in Islam, it is a major sin, it is stated as being part of the devils handiwork in the Qur’an, its evil knows no bound, in fact it is likened to shrik, and also, intoxicants generally, are the fueling factors of violent crimes.

The U.S. Department of Justice Report on Alcohol and Crime found that alcohol abuse was a factor in 40 percent of violent crimes committed in the U.S.
http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/costs/a/aa980415.htm

You would agree with me, that the one who drinks, and know it is forbidden, is disobeying Allah right? So do we encourage disobedience to Allah, or we discourage it?

Allah the Almighty says,

{But those who disobey Allah and His Messenger and transgress His limits will be admitted to a fire, to abide therein: and they shall have a humiliating punishment.} (Q 4: 14)

I believe you know a drunkard is not just a one time mistake, this is someone who is habitually drunk, in fact, he can even argue that drinking is halal, I have seen a lot of this type, they would ridicule you and ridicule the word of God, in most cases, they are irredeemable, so if such do not repent, would Allah be pleased with them?

Yorubas have this saying that “ewure to ba ba aja rin, a je igbe”, isn’t there a reason why parents would not allow their children to associate with bad ones? Or do we say because we are kind and merciful, then we associate with a murderer we know?!
There is a hadith that encourages us to be in the company of the righteous, even the Qur’an buttress this. Allah Says:

“And keep thy soul content with those who call on their Lord morning and evening seeking his Face; and let not thine eyes pass beyond them seeking the pomp and glitter of this Life; nor obey any whose heart We have permitted to neglect the remembrance of Us one who follows his own desires whose case has gone beyond all bounds.” (Q 18:28)

Did you ever think that by not associating with a colleague or friend, who is a drunkard, might cause him to change? Or even create an atmosphere in which you can have a discussion, in which you can give such a person da’wah?! Allah has praised us as the best of mankind, cos we preach what is good, and forbid evil, that in itself is kindness to the drunkard.

Narrated Abu Huraira
A drunk was brought to the Prophet and he ordered him to be beaten (lashed). Some of us beat him with our hands, and some with their shoes, and some with their garments (twisted in the form of a lash). When that drunk had left, a man said, "What is wrong with him? May Allah disgrace him!" Allah's Apostle said, "Do not help Satan against your (Muslim) brother."

Now this hadith, shows the kindness and mercy expected of a Muslim, even though a drunkard is punished, we are not to abuse or curse him, rather we try to help him against the devil…and this help is done by implementing the shariah!

usermane:
Orthodox Islamic Texts:
Narrated Ikrima: Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn 'Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

Sahih Bukhari 4:52:260
Seriously, have you read about the incident that led to Ali (r.a) burning people?
Did you know that one of the reasons for the apostasy law, was due to mischief of some Jews who wanted to cause confusion in the deen, and apostates are not killed except in the case of treason or crimes committed that entails the maximum punishment?!
No orthodox scholar that i know of, deny apostacy law, they would rather explain it in proper context...remeber i told you about context?

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by sino(m): 11:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
usermane:

Orthodox Islamic Texts:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger as saying: Do not greet the Jews and the Christians before they greet you and when you meet any one of them on the roads force him to go to the narrowest part of it.
Sahih Muslim 26:5389
Empiree had made a good contribution in regards to this.

usermane:
Orthodox Islamic Texts:
http://mquran.org/content/view/7272/2/

Abu Bakr As- Siddiq used this(Quran 9:5) and other honorable Ayat as proof for fighting those who refrained from paying the Zakah. These Ayat allowed fighting people unless, and until, they embrace Islam and implement its rulings and obligations. Allah mentioned the most important aspects of Islam here, including what is less important.
Tafsir Ibn Kathir; Quran 9:5

Orthodox Islamic texts:
Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah's Apostle said, "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them except legally and their reckoning will be with Allah."

Narrated Maimun ibn Siyah that he asked Anas bin Malik, "O Abu Hamza! What makes the life and property of a person sacred?" He replied, "Whoever says, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah', faces our Qibla during the prayers, prays like us and eats our slaughtered animal, then he is a Muslim, and has got the same rights and obligations as other Muslims have." Sahih Bukhari 1:8:387
To the this, i'll give you quotes of orthodox scholars, what is found in their books, and what the Prophet (SAW) preached and practiced.

Ibn al-Qayyim says:

“Killing is only obligatory when facing warfare and armed combat not when facing kufr. For this reason, neither women are to be killed nor children, or the elderly, nor the blind nor those worshippers who do not fight, rather we fight against those who fight us. This was the way of the Messenger of Allaah in dealing with the people of the earth, he used to fight those who fought against him until they either entered into the deen, make an agreement or treaty with him or came under his authority via paying the jizya. This is what he used to instruct his armies if they fought against their enemies, as has preceded from the Hadeeth of Buraydah”. [“Ahkam Ahl al-Dhimmah”, 1/17].

Ibn Taymiyah says:
“The foundation is that the blood of Bani Aadam is sanctified and inviolable and no one is killed except with right. Killing due to kufr is not something which the legislations have agreed upon at any one time of the Shariah, such as killing the one who sits out of combat, for this is something that the legislations and intellect do not differ over. The blood of a disbeliever during the early history of Islaam was sanctified and inviolable just like the original sanctity of a person. Allaah prevented the Muslims from killing such a disbeliever”. ["As-Sarim Al-Maslool", 104].

Al-Sarakhsi Al-Hanafi writes in “Al-Mabsoot”:
“The original ruling (al-asl) is that the lives of Adam’s progeny are protected, and it will become permissible when they partake in battle. And when the war has ended by a truce, then the original ruling of protection applies gain”. ["Al-Mabsoot", 12/165].

Hafiz Ibn Taymiyah writes:
“Its narrated from Abu Hanifah that disbelief (kufr) is not a reason to kill someone and a person is fought for his muharabah (war against the muslims), so the person who is not a fighter should not be killed”. ["As-Sarim Al-Maslool", 247].

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by sino(m): 11:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
usermane: ^^^
Seen anything familiar? I actually opted not responding but your denial kept reverberating and thus i cooked up this one.

Daily Hadith!!!
You 're asking yourself, "how?", didn't you look before you leap? Don't be a hypocrite Sino, embrace the truth.

Yeah, I'm used to these kinds of posts, similar to what the non-Muslims would post in trying to denigrate Islam.

There is nothing new, it easily shows your lack of adequate knowledge about Islam, I doubt you know what fiqh is, talk more of Ijtihad, understanding how to seek evidences and reach a valid conclusion.

I have long embraced the truth, i would not deny the Scholars of Islam nor will i reject the traditions of the Prophet (SAW), in order to conform with the "modern" world.

I still reiterate that you go learn the basics of the deen, look for a good madrasah in your neighborhood.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba12345: 11:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
^ As in, he needs to understand the basics.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (233) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.