Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,673 members, 7,865,705 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:25 AM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (256330 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 8:52am On Oct 13, 2014
Empiree:

@AlBaqir, I am having hard time confirming or acknowledging quote in blue. I have those books but I am not sure if you quoted the proper source. You want to double check and reconfirm?.

"To whosoever I have been the master,'Ali henceforth is his master. O Lord! Befriend the one who befriends
Ali and be the enemy of whoever antagonizes him".
(Musnad Ahmad, Ibn Majah, Sunan vol 1, p43 etc).

Salam alaykum dear brother. Eid Mubarak in arrears. Hope you and family are fine.

What does your text says? I know, in the name of edition upon edition, there are deliberate distortions (tahrif) in many Islamic text. However, these are confirmed and verified:

"man kuntu mawlahu fa `Aliyyun mawlahu"
NB: Some version says: "man kuntu mawlahu fa adha `Aliyyun mawlahu"

"Whosoever I am his MAWLA, Ali is his MAWLA"

* NB: In some narrations the word used was WALI rather than mawla - with the same implication.

1. Al-Musnad Unidentified edition, vol. 5, p.
366 no. 22028

2. al-Bukhari, al-Ta'rikh al-kabir

"Oh Allah! Befriend one who befriends him, be an enemy of one who is his enemy"
"Allahuma wali man walahu, wa adi man adahu..."
* Al-Musnad Unidentified edition, v. 4, p.
368 no. 18476

These are few of other reporters:
* Ibn Hanbal, Manaqib `Ali b. Abi Talib
* al-Hakim al-Naysaburi, al-Mustadrak
* Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalani, Al-Isabah
* Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalani, Fath al-Bari
* Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalani, Tahdhib al-Tahdhib
* Ibn Kathir, Al-Bidayah wa'l-Nihayah
* Ibn Kathir, Tafsir al-Qur'an al-`Azim
* Ibn Majah, Sunan
* al-Nasa'i, Al-Khasa'is
* Al-Nawawi, Tahdhib al-Asma' wa'l-Lughat
* al-Khatib al-Tabrizi, Mishkat al-Masabih
* al-Tirmidhi, Al-Jami`
* Al-Nawawi, Riyad al-salihin
* al-Dhahabi, Tadhkirat al-huffaz
* al-Haythami, Majma` al-Zawa`id
* Ibn `Abd al-Barr, Al-Isti`ab fi ma`rifat al-
ashab

The narration is too numerous (mutawattir) to be denied. The only controversy has always been the interpretation of the word "MAWLA". While some says its "friend", other says its "Master or leader".

Wa Salam alaykum.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 1:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
Harun Elbinawi writes:

"One of the greatest Christians to have come out of Northern Nigeria, the late Chief Sunday Awoniyi, one
day gave Mallam Adamu Adamu who is a reknowned journalist in Nigeria a gift.
When Adamu Adamu checked the gift it was the famous Letter of Imam Ali(as) to Malik Ashtar(ra) when he appointed him the Governor of Egypt to replace Muhammad Ibn Abubakar(ra).

Chief Sunday Awoniyi told Adamu Adamu that he should hold firm to this document & that since creation no one has written a better document on political good governance than this.

Adamu Adamu latter wrote after the death of the Chief while eulogizing him that what the Chief did not know when he gave him that document, before then he had already committed the whole content of that document to his memory.

The treasure of knowledge of Imam Ali(sa) is not for Muslims alone but for the whole of humanity.

What happened at Ghadeer Khum on the 18th Dul Hajj, 10AH was full of political significance as no one has better qualities succeed the Prophet(s) than him.."

It should be noted that the UN also documented this letter of Imam Ali (as) to Malik al-Ashtar (ra), of good governance; then one wonders why 'muslim's countries cannot benefit from this...
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 10:52am On Oct 14, 2014
^^^^

The answer is obvious, when rhetoric does not match action, when what people say are merely words, when people's religion is merely a political slogan, when action deviate from faith, then How on earth would you expect our situation to be different? Merely chanting Ali's name everywhere does not change who we are.

If Ali r.a means so much to any of us, we must strive to adopt his character and follow his footsteps, if we proclaim our the holy prophet pbuh is an embodiment of justice and everything we should be, we should adopt his character not paying lip service to what he says and what he stood for. We must walk the talk, failure to do so will land us in places we least desire. If a group of individuals complained about oppression and yet do little to end the horrors in the Evin prison then it means faith to them is nothing but a slogan they chant to get where they want to or if a group individuals complain about a tyrant in Syria and yet close their eyes to evils being done in their country by Big men tyrants, then it means what they say are merely words that have no value.

You could read more on this here

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 2:04am On Oct 16, 2014
^Salam alaykum bro. I sent you an email on Tuesday relating to the article you sent in September. Kindly respond to it.

Thank you.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 9:58am On Oct 16, 2014
maclatunji:
^Salam alaykum bro. I sent you an email on Tuesday relating to the article you sent in September. Kindly respond to it.

Thank you.
Wa alaykum salam, have just responded!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 12:32am On Oct 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

Wa alaykum salam, have just responded!

Thanks.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Question01(m): 11:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
vedaxcool: 10s of thousands of devouted Muslims are opposing them waging war against their evils and defending the honor of people why did you leave that out? We still forgive you, it is hardly your fault that you cannot live up to expectation. Only Muslims on the ground are fighting the war against ISIL, it takes one with severe loathing for Islam to ignore the issues and fail to put things in their right perspectives!

Am sorry, i cannot agree with you. Bring your evidence. Have you ever heard of any muslim who left his country for Iraq/Syria to fight ISIS? Me, i have not.

Upon the emergence of ISIS, most orthodox muslims in Iraq/Syria were torn between supporting their brothers per their understanding of Qur'an 5:51 and opposing them as the world expect. So they created and chosed a third option; RUN AWAY AND SEE WHERE FATE LEADS TO.

Though, many of them surrendered and pledged allegiance to the ISIS Jihad for restoration of full sharia society. The minorities standing with the incumbent governments are mostly Shiites, Yazidis both of whom are ISIS targets and Sunnis who were already in the military before the war and have no option but to remain.

The Iraqi government has refused any aid from even middle eastern troops because they know it will be a waste, since ISIS is a product of the middle eastern, orthodox muslim ideology. They 'll be running a risk of accomodating potential sympathizers of ISIS who may oppose ISIS but rather feebly because their government ordered them, not because they care.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 8:03am On Oct 20, 2014
Question01:

Am sorry, i cannot agree with you. Bring your evidence. Have you ever heard of any muslim who left his country for Iraq/Syria to fight ISIS? Me, i have not.
Upon the emergence of ISIS, most orthodox muslims in Iraq/Syria were torn between supporting their brothers per their understanding of Qur'an 5:51 and opposing them as the world expect. So they created and chosed a third option; RUN AWAY AND SEE WHERE FATE LEADS TO.
Though, many of them surrendered and pledged allegiance to the ISIS Jihad for restoration of full sharia society. The minorities standing with the incumbent governments are mostly Shiites, Yazidis both of whom are ISIS targets and Sunnis who were already in the military before the war and have no option but to remain.
The Iraqi government has refused any aid from even middle eastern troops because they know it will be a waste, since ISIS is a product of the middle eastern, orthodox muslim ideology. They 'll be running a risk of accomodating potential sympathizers of ISIS who may oppose ISIS but rather feebly because their government ordered them, not because they care.

username is that you? how are u doing?

forgive my ignorance, care to enlighten me on how the kurds fighting ISIS in the north of Iraq and Kobane became largely composed of non muslims. Even before ISIS started it excesses in iraq, muslim groups fighting in Syria and the FSA had turned their weapons on them, till this very day the battle continues. I have noted one of the issues I have with you thinking, one should not divorce himself from the reality on the ground, that ISIS was able to cease the opportunity of the chaos in Syria and the maliki led clannish govt ineptitude does not confer on it or its action legitimacy, rather what all this boils down is a group of individuals vying to control resources and power. And please the custodians of the same orthodox Islam you keep pronouncing have long dissociated themselves from it, so how does their action springs from this orthodoxy? And lastly quoting a verse in isolation is something common to both Islamophobes and terrorists, it is disappointing when you pick a verse in isolation and say eurika we found evidence, people don't open the Qur'an and then as a result run down to Syria to fight, one of the reason ISIS ranks swelled was because it had more finance and was making gains on the battle fields, this things are complicated, even al qaeda franchise in Syria is fighting ISIS.
I suggest you read Inter-rebel conflict during the Syrian Civil War

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by zemaye: 9:54am On Oct 20, 2014
vedaxcool:

username is that you? how are u doing?
ISIS.
I suggest you read Inter-rebel conflict during the Syrian Civil War
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Question01(m): 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2014
vedaxcool: usermane is that you? how are u doing?
Sure, am good.

forgive my ignorance, care to enlighten me on how the kurds fighting ISIS in the north of Iraq and Kobane became largely composed of non muslims?
The Kurds are are different story, man. Though muslims, there are two explanation for their persistence against ISIS.

1. They are moderate, secular and non-arabized muslims unlike most orthodox muslims. You can see their fighters, especially the women.

2. Their land. Kurdish region in Iraq today is the only region on earth where Kurds have autonomy. The Kurds aren't the typical sharia or khalifa clamouring muslims you usually meet. They hold deeper passion for their ethnicity and would not trade it for a caliphate.

Hence, the Kurds are in the picture because they have something to lose if they surrender or just flee like the Arabs. Thus, they are not freedom fighters as you think.

Even before ISIS started it excesses in iraq, muslim groups fighting in Syria and the FSA had turned their weapons on them, till this very day the battle continues.

FSA was not a response to ISIS. FSA serve mainly to oppose the oppression Asaad on the Syrians. And is more of the Syrian army though answer not to the President. They have no religious stand. Members are a mix of muslims and non-muslims.
Had it not been for these, it would have been good response to my original question.

And please the custodians of the same orthodox Islam you keep pronouncing have long dissociated themselves from it, so how does their action springs from this orthodoxy?

Again? Do you remember my last topic that was deleted; "They Ask You About Jihad"? I discussed the orthodox root of offensive Jihad or terrorism there. It is not always easy discussing this subject when most muslims here are prone to flare ups.

And if you are still in doubt, ask yourself why of all religions, Islam is the only one that is often used by terrorists for their narratives.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 12:08am On Oct 24, 2014
Ibn Rushd, a philosopher, physician, ... and a Maliki qadi !

Ibn al Nafis, a physician, logician, ... and a Shafi'i qadi !

Ibn Sina a physician, philosopher, ... and a Hanafi judge !

...and so on

This is the legacy of the muslim, to excel in both religious and secular knowledge.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by sino(m): 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
Words to reflect and ponder on....

Al – Hasan Al-Basri-Allah have mercy on him- said:

“When a man sought knowledge, it would not be long before it could be seen in his humbleness, his sight, upon his tongue and his hands, in his prayer, in his speech and in his disinterest (zuhd) in worldly allurements. And a man would acquire a portion of knowledge and put it into practice, and it would be better for him than the world and all it contains-if he owned it he would give it in exchange for the hereafter.”
Ibn Al-Mubarak, Al-Zuhd wa Al-Raqa'iq Vol. 1 p. 156.

“The closer you come to the DEEN that much more you are supposed to become courteous, kind, generous, understanding and forgiving of others. That's what you are supposed to be.” Nouman Ali Khan v

4 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by sino(m): 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
@udatso, i sent you a mail.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by udatso: 1:37am On Oct 27, 2014
sino:
@udatso, i sent you a mail.

thanks. will check it out
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 10:10am On Oct 27, 2014
Question01:

Sure, am good.

k.

Question01:

The Kurds are are different story, man. [size=18pt]Though muslims[/size], there are two explanation for their persistence against ISIS.

1. They are moderate, secular and non-arabized muslims unlike most orthodox muslims. You can see their fighters, especially the women.

2. Their land. Kurdish region in Iraq today is the only region on earth where Kurds have autonomy. The Kurds aren't the typical sharia or khalifa clamouring muslims you usually meet. They hold deeper passion for their ethnicity and would not trade it for a caliphate.

Hence, the Kurds are in the picture because they have something to lose if they surrender or just flee like the Arabs. Thus, they are not freedom fighters as you think.

Let us revisit the point I was making

10s of thousands of devoted Muslims are opposing them waging war against their evils and defending the honor of people why did you leave that out?

unless you follow the ISIL ideology, you are left with either denying they are not Muslims like ISIL and other Islamophobes would say or state they are muslims which was the point I was making, Muslims not non Muslims are the boots on the ground resisting the advance of ISIL. It remains a pity that your point reflects racism, terrorism and Islamophobia, racism because you're implying the kurds are less muslim, have little concern for Islam, terrorism, because you use the actions of a few to define and label many, Islamophobia because when muslims do wrong it is Islam when they do right they are they are not Real Muslims. If this is the "reforms" you proffering then it is little wonder why a lot of people pay little head to what you are saying! LOL grin grin grin do you have some sort of clairvoyant abilities that makes you read peoples mind?

Question01:

FSA was not a response to ISIS. FSA serve mainly to oppose the oppression Asaad on the Syrians. And is more of the Syrian army though answer not to the President. They have no religious stand. Members are a mix of muslims and non-muslims.
Had it not been for these, it would have been good response to my original question.

So also ISIL was a product of civil war, so the muslims in FSA have no religious standpoint? grin grin grin FSA is mainly composed of Muslims, but offcourse you are guided by Islamophobia: when muslims do wrong it is Islam when they do right they are they are not Real Muslims.

Question01:

Again? Do you remember my last topic that was deleted; "They Ask You About Jihad"? I discussed the orthodox root of offensive Jihad or terrorism there. It is not always easy discussing this subject when most muslims here are prone to flare ups.

And if you are still in doubt, ask yourself why of all religions, Islam is the only one that is often used by terrorists for their narratives.

Your statement reeks ignorance, other terrorists

Now why did you ignore the statement even al qaeda franchise in Syria is fighting ISIS? or the link I gave you?

This is in the link I gave you;

Start of the rebel offensive, ISIL counter-offensive, and mutual advances

On the evening of 2 January 2014, ISIL forces attacked the rebel-held town of Atarib, where they were accused of two recent incidents of killing or kidnapping mainstream rebel commanders.[35] On 3 January, several civilian protests, counting hundreds of people, were organized against ISIL and to commemorate the death of Suleiman across the Aleppo Governorate. In the Idlib village of Kafr Takharim, ISIL opened fire on the protesters.[33] There were no reports of casualties. In response to the attack on the protesters, two newly formed Islamist rebel groups of the FSA attacked ISIL positions in more than half a dozen locations in the governorates of Aleppo and Idlib.[35]

Rebels in Atarib managed to repel the ISIL attack on the town, after which the ISIL fighters were surrounded, resulting in the capture of a Tunisian commander, Abu Saber al-Tunisi. It was unclear if he was summarily executed by the rebels. 42 ISIL fighters were wounded in the fighting in Atarib, while an opposition media activist was killed while covering the clashes.[33] There were unconfirmed reports of rebels arresting ISIL members in various towns and villages in the Aleppo Governorate and the Idlib Governorate. Fighting raged in the Idlib village of Maarrat Misrin, while in the village of Kafr Nabl, rebel forces surrounded an ISIL facility, giving its fighters 24 hours to surrender. Meanwhile, the rebel Islamic Front,[35] which was also engaged in the fighting against ISIL,[33] sent reinforcements to the ISIL-held town of Azaz.[35]
Inter rebel conflict in Syria

I hope the above meets your racist arabicised criteria for being muslims?
You deliberately ignoring the link shows that you are not interested in the truth. and you wonder why you are being ignored? Do you pretend that you have neevr heard of the Islamic front fighting ISIL against ISIL in Syria? or Do you pretend that you do not know various shia militia are fighting ISIL in Iraq? When people ignore you, it is because we do not want to encourage your dubious arguement, one that seems rooted either in ignorance or deceit!

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 10:12am On Oct 27, 2014
zemaye:
grin grin grin

A fruit does not fall far off it's tree grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
The horrific rampage of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) has captured the world's attention. Many Western commentators claim that ISIL's crimes are unique, no longer practiced anywhere else in the civilized world. They argue that the group's barbarism is intrinsically Islamic, a product of the aggressive and archaic worldview which dominates the Muslim world. The ignorance of these claims is stunning.

Not only are there other organised groups whose depravity and threat to the United States far surpasses that of ISIL, they fail to engender the same kind of collective indignation and hysteria. This raises the question: Are Americans primarily concerned with ISIL's specific atrocities or with the fact that it is Muslims who are committing these crimes?

Cartels versus ISIL

A recent United Nations report estimated nearly 9,000 civilians have been killed and 17,386 wounded in Iraq in 2014, more than half since ISIL fighters seized large parts of northern Iraq in June. It is likely that the group is responsible for another several thousand deaths in Syria. To be sure, these numbers are staggering. But drug cartels murdered more than 16,000 people in Mexico during 2013 alone, and another 60,000 from 2006 to 2012 - a rate of more than one killing every half hour for the last seven years. Even worse, these casualty estimates are from the Mexican government, which is known to deflate the actual death toll by around 50 percent.

But the casualties alone do not convey the depravity of the narcos: They carry out hundreds of beheadings every year. Beyond decapitation, they are known to dismember and otherwise mutilate the corpses of their victims - displaying piles of bodies prominently in towns to terrorise the public into compliance.

The cartels routinely target women and children to further intimidate the communities they occupy. And much like ISIL, the cartels use social media to post pornographic images of their crimes.

Like ISIL, narcos recruit child soldiers, molding boys as young as 11 into assassins or sending them on suicide missions during armed confrontations with Mexico's army. They also kidnap tens of thousands of children every year to use as drug mules or prostitutes, or to simply kill and harvest their organs for sale on the black market.

Those who dare to call for reforms often end up dead. In September, with the apparent assistance of local police, cartels kidnapped and massacred 43 students at a teaching college near the Mexican town of Iguala in response to student protests. A search in the area for the students has uncovered a number of mass graves containing dozens of mutilated bodies burned almost beyond recognition, but none of the remains have been confirmed to be of the students.

While the Islamic militants have killed a handful of journalists, the cartels murdered as many as 57 since 2006 for reporting on cartel crimes; much of Mexico's media has been effectively silenced by intimidation or bribes. These censorship activities extend beyond professional media, with narcos tracking down and murdering ordinary citizens who criticise them on the Internet, leaving their naked and disemboweled corpses hanging in public venues.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2014/10/there-are-groups-more-depraved--201410238520512942.html

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
When there is no threat to oil supply the world looks the other way while people are being mowed down!

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2014
More

Threat to homeland security

ISIL beheaded two Americans this summer and has warned about executing a third; additionally, one US soldier has died in efforts to combat the militant group. By contrast, from 2007 to 2010 the cartels have killed 293 Americans in Mexico and have repeatedly attacked US consulates in Mexico. While ISIL's beheadings are no doubt outrageous, the cartels actually tortured, dismembered and then cooked one of the Americans they captured - possibly eating him or feeding him to dogs.

And the death is not restricted to the Mexican side of the border: from 2006 to 2010 as many as 5,700 Americans were killed in the US by cartel-fueled drug violence. By contrast, 2,937 people were killed in the September 11, 2001 attacks. Over the last decade, some 2,349 Americans were killed in Afghanistan while 4,487 Americansdied during the Iraq war. In four years the cartels have managed to cause the deaths of more Americans than 9/11 or the entire US campaigns in Afghanistan or Iraq.

. . .

A good deal of the cartel violence is perpetrated ritualistically as part of their religion which is centered, quite literally, on the worship of death. The narcos build and support churches all across Mexico to perpetuate their eschatology. One of the cartels, the Knights Templar (whose name obviously evokes religious warfare), even boasts about its leader' death and resurrection.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 2:02pm On Oct 27, 2014
When cartel members are killed, they are buried in lavish mausoleums, regarded as "martyrs", and commemorated in popular songs glorifying their exploits in all their brutality. They are viewed by many as heroes resisting an international order which exploits Latin America, as well as the feckless governments which enable it. Their gospel, derived from Catholicism, is making fast inroads into the United States and Central America. In short, the cartels have ideological and geopolitical motivations and ambitions whose challenge is no less pronounced than that of ISIL; it may even be worse.

But unfortunately, the US cannot formulate an effective response to these much more severe threats because the US public is far too busy disparaging Islam, while its military kills Arabs and Muslims abroad. What is fueling the disproportionate reaction to ISIL is Islamophobia, not any empirical realities.

NB: Mexican cartels now controlling more than 80 percent of the total illicit drug trade in the United States
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 4:26pm On Oct 27, 2014
Interesting submissions Vedaxcool, I think we should not lose track of the fact that ISIS is operating in Muslim lands and it should be of concern to all Muslims.

The fact that people in the West refuse to accept is that instigating non-state actors to overthrow governments is telling people that governments (anywhere) are not worth respecting and it is just a matter of time before those you finance today to overthrow another government seek to overthrow yours.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by zemaye: 4:41pm On Oct 27, 2014
vedaxcool:

A fruit does not fall far off it's tree grin grin grin
Chai naa correct proverb u bring so o wink

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 5:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
maclatunji:
Interesting submissions Vedaxcool, I think we should not lose track of the fact that ISIS is operating in Muslim lands and it should be of concern to all Muslims.

The fact that people in the West refuse to accept is that instigating non-state actors to overthrow governments is telling people that governments (anywhere) are not worth respecting and it is just a matter of time before those you finance today to overthrow another government seek to overthrow yours.

Indeed its a matter of time
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Question01(m): 7:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
Harmony upon you, vedaxcool.

All i asked for was a Justice League, a fleet of freedom fighters currently resisting ISIS. The FSA & the Kurds do not fit the bill. I 've made it clear, the former is a military organisation without a religious stand and the Kurds persist only to defend their land, their autonomy which would be lost on event of a caliphate. Read more on these two groups.

Now why did you ignore the statement even al qaeda franchise in Syria is fighting ISIS? or the link I gave you?

So are you saying another terrorist organisation like Al qaeda is your idea of a band of devoted heroic muslims? Jack, there is no honour among theives. ISIS is a rebel faction from Al qaeda. ISIS/Al Qaeda feud emanate from a power struggle. Both groups share the same goal. Terrorists may split, slaying each other but make no mistake, they don't care about poor you.

Imitating your friend, you found consolation in ridiculing me. 3 good times, you reiterated that no one here minds me.

Similarly, majority of muslims in this forum ignore you in this section. Hence this section is often scanty and dull. Your discourse, your general attitudes are the prime causes for this.

I don't care about attention. That is why i often post articles instead of pressuring you with questions. I 've never hoped for better from you especially since non muslims were officially banned from posting here thanks to your support and acquiescence. So go ahead, ridicule me.

Lastly, quit raising false alarm on Islamophobia when dealing with me. Thanks to your inadequacies, i 've defended Islam far stronger than you ever attempted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by JackBizzle: 6:15am On Oct 28, 2014
While every sensible person knows that ISIS is mostly a political issue with tribal warlords wanting to dominate and control a region in the Middle East, one cannot remove the religious component from its nature.

Reading about the evolution of ISIS, it is clear that ISIS is mostly a political power grab by tribal warlords and extremists. Here is a great article from a reputable middle east site exposing their origins http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/tr/security/2013/11/syria-islamic-state-iraq-sham-growth.html#

However, the religious component of ISIS is clear when it comes to recruiting new and young fighters- they promote their fighting as a religious duty. They portray the struggle as "we are fighting for the betterment of the Ummah. Come and join us as we fight against the infidels that oppressed us". As you can see, this is what brings some young muslim westerners who live comfortable lives in the West to go to war torn Iraq to fight for ISIS- they see themselves as helping an impoverished ummah fight against oppressors and return to their glory.

Yes, there is no doubt that there are also underlying issues of US and western foreign policy playing a part in causing ISIS. The war in Ira destabilized the country and created a power vacuum where those with guns and thugs could rise into power. Also, the anti-western sentiment from an "illegal war" is also a great tool for recruiting for ISIS.

Another religious issue with ISIS is the cleansing of religious minorities. ISIS also follows an extremist Sunni interpretation of islam and as such, sees other schools of thoughts in islam as heretical.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by JackBizzle: 6:15am On Oct 28, 2014
All said and done. The best thing to discuss about ISIS is to state how to stop them and avoid the issue happening again in the future.

I'm open to such a discusssion
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Question01(m): 9:30am On Oct 28, 2014
Peace, JackBizzle.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 8, Number 387 :

Narrated by Anas bin Malik;
Allah’s Apostle said, “I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.’ And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them except legally and their reckoning will be with Allah.”

Narrated Maimun ibn Siyah that he asked Anas bin Malik, “O Abu Hamza! What makes the life and property of a person sacred?” He replied, “Whoever says, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah’, faces our Qibla during the prayers, prays like us and eats our slaughtered animal, then he is a Muslim, and has got the same rights and obligations as other Muslims have.”

Untill we admit this turmoil is inspired by mainstream/orthodox interpretation of Islam, we are just waisting our time. Mordern Islamist insurgencies kick started in the 80's & if it had nothing to do with religious texts then the muslim world would have resolved it already. You can't be an admirer of Ibn Hanbal, Ibn Tamiyyah or Ibn Abdulwahab(proponents of insurgencies to establish sharia state) and tell us you stand against Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi 's ISIS. If your ideology state that i should be killed for apostasy or preaching another faith in your territory then you have much in common with ISIS. Young muslim boys and girls leaving their homes to join ISIS, the recent canadian muslim convert who just detonated a bomb refute the claim that this is all political.

Those politicizing ISIS have to understand that the franschise selling point has been its Islamic rhetorics. Nothing sells in the muslim world without the tag, "islamic". That is why they have Islamic names, Islamic months, Islamic food, Islamic dress, Islamic marriage, Islamic songs, Islamic state, Islamic xxxx. When you tend to Islamize everything, non-muslims assume everything in your community is Islamic and that includes the bad and ugly.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 2:49pm On Oct 28, 2014
Question01:
Harmony upon you, vedaxcool.

All i asked for was a Justice League, a fleet of freedom fighters currently resisting ISIS. The FSA & the Kurds do not fit the bill. I 've made it clear, the former is a military organisation without a religious stand and the Kurds persist only to defend their land, their autonomy which would be lost on event of a caliphate. Read more on these two groups.

LOL grin grin grin bros you have been given your answer that you don't like it does not change reality.
your words,
Question01:

The Kurds are are different story, man. [size=18pt]Though muslims[/size] . . .

I have explained to you the problem of orthodox Islamophobia and its dissonance from reality.A motley of muslims groups and muslims in groups are fighting ISIS, the Kurds, FSA, The Islamic front, The Army of Mujaheddin, shia militias etc, One is left amazed that you feign ignorance of all these groups . . . I wonder whether you really watch news or read current affairs.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2014
zemaye:

Chai naa correct proverb u bring so o wink

Yeah even my dad likes the proverb. wink

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Question01(m): 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2014
The only group worth considering is the Army of Mujahidin(AM), formed primarily to resist ISIS but even then, it remain to be known if AM oppose ISIS out of disapproval of ISIS methodology and teachings or out of suspicion that ISIS is a secret wing of Asaad wrestling back regions already liberated from Asaad 's grip.

There is need for you to group ISIS opposition in two.
A. Groups fighting ISIS as a means to an end.
B. Groups fighting ISIS as an end in itself.

The second group is what i seek. None of your examples so far falls here. They fall within the first group. Some of which like Al qaeda are just as vicious as ISIS and others like Kurds would undoubtly disarm once ISIS move out of their region.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 7:22pm On Oct 29, 2014
Just for fun.

STUDENT WHO OBTAINED 0% IN AN EXAM
I would have given him 100%! Each answer is
absolutely grammatically correct, and funny too. The teacher had no sense of humor.
Q1.. In which battle did Napoleon die?
Answer: his last battle

Q2.. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?
Answer: at the bottom of the page

Q3.. River Ravi flows in which state?
Answer:liquid state

Q4.. What is the main reason for divorce?
Answer: marriage

Q5.. What is the main reason for failure?
Answer:exams

Q6.. What can you never eat for breakfast?
Answer: Lunch & dinner

Q7.. What looks like half an apple?
Answer: The other half

Q8.. If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what it will become?
Answer:Wet

Q9.. How can a man go eight days without sleeping ?
Answer: No problem, he sleeps at night.

Q10. How can you lift an elephant with one hand?
Answer: You will never find an elephant that has one hand.

Q11. If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in other hand, what would you have?
Answer: Very large hands

Q12. If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall,how long would it take four men to build it?
Answer:No time at all, the wall is already built.

Q13. How can u drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
Answer:Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.
— feeling happy

Sheik Umran

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by sino(m): 9:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
grin grin a very ingenious student grin

and I agree with his answers grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 9:53pm On Oct 29, 2014
sino:
grin grin a very ingenious student grin

and I agree with his answers grin
grin grin The guy is a genius,love his answers especially that of river,lol grin
Brother Sino,reply my mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (233) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.