Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,143 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here (34165 Views)

Farmers! Let's See You In The Farm. Post Your Pictures Here. / Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here / Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by RealChris(m): 11:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
Sorry for posting this here, just need some advise...

I want to plant ugu this month but some people I met while clearing the farm said I would have wait till September or October, If I wait till then, the land will get bushy again and will cost me more money to clear it. I want to plant it this month cos I have cleared the place already and...
1. The soil is well drained loamy soil and its not a water lodged land
2. I want to make ridges or moulds.
3. I dont have more money to clear it again and I will be doing the clearing and watering myself after planting.

Is it advisable to plant this month? How many seeds can I plant in each hole? Need ya advise sharp sharp on to make them grow well.... Thnks
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 5:28am On Aug 15, 2014
If you have source of water close then go ahead. The main reason most crops are not planted all year round is because rain does not fall all year round. If that challenge of water and temperature is managed well, farming can be all year round
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by kofolo: 9:04am On Aug 15, 2014
maafen: pls how can ℓ get tђε̲̣̣̣̥ TME419 cassava stem am in Benue State.

I can get you improved (IITA) TME419,am in ibadan you can contact me through this number 08038289178.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by kofolo: 9:13am On Aug 15, 2014
sunzie: Sir I need Cassava Stem (TME419).
Does anybody has it or a better variety?
Please contact me on seiduphilproject@gmail.com.
Thanks.
I can get you TME419 if you still intrested,i work in IITA and you can contact me through my number 08038289178
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by smlafolabi(m): 9:27am On Aug 16, 2014
How can I get cassava buyers and stem sellers if my farm is located in Ondo State.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by sleekman(m): 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
helsinkiman: Hello everyone, thanks for your educative posts. Please I am contemplating to acquire 2 acres of land for future purposes. However, in order not to allow the land fallow and also to be able to secure the land, I am contemplating to plant either plantain tree or cassava on it. Please which is more beneficial. Thanks
where's d land located? Perhaps we can be of mutual help 2 eachother.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by captainamiedi1: 1:46am On Sep 26, 2014
Hello house, good to see this forum is back.
I have about more than one Acre of
cassava farm ready for sell. Though I don't
know the spec yet. Right now I need some1
to link me with good buyer of cassava, the
farm is located at ughelli, delta.
Thanks
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nicur: 9:08am On Sep 26, 2014
good day people, Thank God that i found this thread, please i want to start a cassava processing plant, i need prices of Grating machine, Sieving machine, Peeling machine, please help
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Aidenehi: 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
Please do anybody know anything about the cassava nicknamed "let me spread"
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Musyus(m): 9:11am On Sep 28, 2014
If you want a lease land for the cultivation of cassava and other crops in large quantity arround eruwa in oyo state @ the rate of N5,000/ hectare pls, call me on +2348182149281 +2347085379901 or better still via my email address: phatyus79@gmail.com. Thank you all for your individual and collective patronages.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Audu2008: 3:17am On Nov 21, 2014
CASSAVA TUBERS URGENTLY NEEDED

There are compagnies in Lagos that URGENTLY nerfs CASSAVA. If u have them u are in luck.

Call 08087205513 now for détails

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Audu2008: 3:19am On Nov 21, 2014

There are companies in Lagos that URGENTLY needs fresh CASSAVA TUBERS. If u have them then u are in luck.

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by bamiwale: 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2014
Agric is the new goldmine.

Do you need land for farming around Ibadan?
Call me on 07032179911

Or follow this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1980407/acres-farmland-available-sale-ibadan#27703172
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by shafanik: 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
how much will they buy per tone

Audu2008:

There are companies in Lagos that URGENTLY needs fresh CASSAVA TUBERS. If u have them then u are in luck.

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by zimoni(f): 1:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
doctorisa:
no problem bro

Good afternoon Doctor Isa

I have a question Sir

Please how much does it cost per hectare to clear a virgin/bushy land for cocoa farming. The location is Osun State.

Thanks.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 03, 2014
The 6k mgt fee, does it cover charges for harvesting nd transport(to buyer)?
Do you help arrange buyers?
doctorisa:
to cultivate a acre of land leasing of land is 3k per year,uprooting and clearing of trees is 3500 , 1st and 2nd plough is 7000, application of herbicides 4000,survey 1000,buying of cassava stems per acre is 8000, planting 3500 ...what I state above apply for a acre of land...a acre of land planting TME419 should yield 10tons averagelly selling of a ton depends on season also..but within 14-22k. Management fee is 6k per month
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Aisville: 6:46am On Dec 29, 2014
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Richogroup: 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
are you a farmer/supplier of cassava tubers/flour/chip.and you can be supplying these commodities to processing companies in nigeria.and get paid instantly.give me a call for more directives on Mr Richard Nnoli 09070946866
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by milvet(f): 3:53pm On Jan 17, 2015
hello pple....am really interested in cassava. i want to go into cassava farmin and processin. *mechanized. any advice pls...cos i feel i will learn at d feet of masters
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Fablane: 6:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
Can cassava be planted successfully in Abuja? Are there companies that buys cassava in Abuja? Please help me with the answers.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by farmerspolice: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
doctorisa:
Here I come again nairalanders all my cassava trend got lost in transit,but life continues all the experience I have gain here are second to none,let's start all over again cassava sellers and buyers let's meet here what are the challenges , problems you encounter, in the next few days ill update this trend with loads of pictures of. My farm and does of nairalanders i manage for, so far we have cultivated about 721 acres of land..we cultivate maize and cassava on some and only cassava on the Rest..also hastom. Nigeria limited has bought all the 1000 acres we lease last year, so we no longer have land for lease, we can hook you up with them if you are interested in buying cheap land for just for just 60k if you are buying more than 10acres and 58k if you are buying more..if. You also want to buy more than 50acres I can hook you up king and baales who will sell to at a cheaper rate of 50k per acre,am also happy to inform you. That hastom nigeria. Limited has release a fund of. 8million naira to acquire some equipment start a cassava processing company,they will be processing garri,starch,chips. Etc..ill create a different trend. For that when we start work on site, its a good new for us because they are ready to sign mou with us to buy all our cassava harvest,the company will be sited in tewure ogbomoso...so. Far we have achieved a lot we met with lots of nairalanders all over the country some which am already managing there cassava farm in ogbomoso..kindly follow this trend has I start posting pictures of how we start and where we are presently..ill appreciate comments. from fellow cassava farmers,and people who are yet to start also..call me on 07032056416 or 08072261485 email sunmonuolawale@gmail.com or bbm 24d031f7
If u are advertising anything on this section, u must be transparent. All we need is ur picture, pictures of ur products, or services & u on d field. Be informed that there are spies all around u confirming ur claims. If u fall into d fraudster category, u will be dealt with both online & offline.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by chimah3(m): 9:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
Any serious farmer based in Imo or Enugu state here?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Osisinakpo(m): 8:49am On Jan 20, 2015
DrIsa, thank you very much. I started reading this trend from page one till it get to page five.

Am very much interested in casava planting, I base in Warri, udu to be precise.

I have a half plot of land measuring 100 ft by 50 ft, I intend to start from there and cultivate it plant and learn from that before venturing into large scare. But my fear is will it yield well in delta state considering the fact that the land is like a mold soil and secondly where can I get TME 419 species around me here in warri, okpe, ovwie and udu LGA axis of Delta state?

Thank you.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Chukslar: 4:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
chimah3:
Any serious farmer based in Imo or Enugu state here?

Chimah3, I am Resident in Owerri Imo state and I have been researching about cassava farming and I am ready to invest in Cassava Farming.

Are you looking for partners or a cooperative?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by captainamiedi1: 6:50am On Mar 09, 2015
Do you have fresh cassava tubers for sale?? Please contact me on captainamiedi1@gmail.com
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by amarawa: 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2015
captainamiedi1:
Do you have fresh cassava tubers for sale?? Please contact me on captainamiedi1@gmail.com
Available, 5 hectares around Keffi.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by johnny4u2(m): 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
doctorisa:
to cultivate a acre of land leasing of land is 3k per year,uprooting and clearing of trees is 3500 , 1st and 2nd plough is 7000, application of herbicides 4000,survey 1000,buying of cassava stems per acre is 8000, planting 3500 ...what I state above apply for a acre of land...a acre of land planting TME419 should yield 10tons averagelly selling of a ton depends on season also..but within 14-22k. Management fee is 6k per month
Hi Doctorisa, are you doing this for people or it is just your suggestion of what is applicable? If the former is the case, cay you set something up at Ifo Ogun state?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by captainamiedi1: 11:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
amarawa:

Available, 5 hectares around Keffi.
Please contact me through my email so we can discus
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by noblefarm: 12:43am On Mar 10, 2015
captainamiedi1:

I have 4acres in Oro, kwara state, how much are u buying per ton, my cassava is ready for harvest. ignobiz@gmail.com
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by noblefarm: 12:45am On Mar 10, 2015
pls who knows about this new vitamin A cassava, is it hybrid, where can I get the stem in Ilorin?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by ptoall1000: 3:10am On Mar 10, 2015
noblefarm:
pls who knows about this new vitamin A cassava, is it hybrid, where can I get the stem in Ilorin?
IITA,ibadan. google them
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by GreenAcres(m): 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2015
This is specifically for all the cassava gurus - doctorisa, lesgupnigeria etc

Please how is harvesting done on a large cassava farm? I have seen manual harvesting in small sized manageable farms, but farms on say 5 hectares! Please enlightened me o. Am developing interest in agriculture, especially cassava, and am wondering if there are mechanised methods of harvesting.

Thanks all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Planting Ugu This Month On An Acre Of Land / ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry / See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.