Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here (34247 Views)

Farmers! Let's See You In The Farm. Post Your Pictures Here. / Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here / Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by soladel(m): 9:26am On Mar 17, 2015
GreenAcres:
This is specifically for all the cassava gurus - doctorisa, lesgupnigeria etc

Please how is harvesting done on a large cassava farm? I have seen manual harvesting in small sized manageable farms, but farms on say 5 hectares! Please enlightened me o. Am developing interest in agriculture, especially cassava, and am wondering if there are mechanised methods of harvesting.

Thanks all
When you want to Harvest large cassava plantation, one has to use mechanical harvester, In iita, we have different types depending on the topography of the land, the season you are harvesting and the spacing of your cassava when planted.
See me for more details.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by GreenAcres(m): 9:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
soladel:

When you want to Harvest large cassava plantation, one has to use mechanical harvester, In iita, we have different types depending on the topography of the land, the season you are harvesting and the spacing of your cassava when planted.
See me for more details.

Got your mail sir. Will surely see you. Thanks for being there
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by solonike1: 12:02am On Jun 20, 2015
Hello Doctor ,
I am new to this forum.
I am also interested in planting and processing gari in a standard way.Presently ,trying to setup with hiring land for planting and processing.
From my researches,I discovered that IITA has an improved cassava stems that can give farmers upto 45tons of root per H .
Named as IITA-TMS-I982132 and IITA-TMS-I011206. But with the official release, they are to be known as UMUCASS 42 and
UMUCASS 43 respectively.
Kindly confirmed if there is any and how to get this stems from Ibadan or Ogun state
Thanks
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by amarawa: 7:09am On Jun 20, 2015
You have to call IITA directly. Google them
solonike1:
Hello Doctor ,
I am new to this forum.
I am also interested in planting and processing gari in a standard way.Presently ,trying to setup with hiring land for planting and processing.
From my researches,I discovered that IITA has an improved cassava stems that can give farmers upto 45tons of root per H .
Named as IITA-TMS-I982132 and IITA-TMS-I011206. But with the official release, they are to be known as UMUCASS 42 and
UMUCASS 43 respectively.
Kindly confirmed if there is any and how to get this stems from Ibadan or Ogun state
Thanks
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by soladel(m): 8:03am On Jun 22, 2015
amarawa:
You have to call IITA directly. Google them
Call me on 08033540233.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by koolsammie(m): 7:03am On Jun 25, 2015
soladel:

Call me on 08033540233.
Oga Soladel, can u pls confirm how true his research is, and whether they are officially out?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Haroseng: 7:20am On Jul 11, 2015
fellow nairalanders the person who comment above is a consultant in IITA you can mail him if you have futher question or want to meet him in person adelekesola@
gmail.com ....Sir I hail ooo with merciful respect
seconded
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by WhoBeThisMan: 6:30pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hello house, is the doctor still here, it's been a while
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by kaymahn: 2:03am On Sep 13, 2015
I have some cassava stem for sale at cheap price. Any interested buyer can call me on this no 08169309733 or email me on dekayode@gmail.com. my farm is located along Ilesha ibaruba road, Saki, Oyo state. large scale farming
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by leadknight123(m): 10:39am On Mar 04, 2016
I want to go into cassava farming in kogi state, I have access to about one hectare of land, but I realise from reading the thread that all sales and marketing of cassava is done in Ogun and Lagos, is there anyone with ideas on where to sell produce in kogi and states surrounding it, these states are ekiti, ondo, kwara, Edo. Thank you, and is there any cassava farmer in kogi I can get in touch with. God bless you all
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by soladel(m): 1:04pm On Mar 04, 2016
leadknight123:
I want to go into cassava farming in kogi state, I have access to about one hectare of land, but I realise from reading the thread that all sales and marketing of cassava is done in Ogun and Lagos, is there anyone with ideas on where to sell produce in kogi and states surrounding it, these states are ekiti, ondo, kwara, Edo. Thank you, and is there any cassava farmer in kogi I can get in touch with. God bless you all

Dear Mr. Farmers to be, Siting and locating of your farm very close to your off taker market is very important, this will reduce the cost of transportation, Transportation in cassava production takes huge amount of money away from your profit and so you need to get a land, not only that , your market and target market.
More so, an Hectare is too small to produce for a big blue chip company. Why dont you prepare very well and get close to 10 ha. For huge cassava production, one needs big time land for it.
Call me to set more light in your path.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by ookunlola(m): 6:43pm On Mar 04, 2016
Very educating...
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by barajo1(m): 9:05am On Mar 05, 2016
Hi all, Mr. Odebiyi O. E. is my name and am the manager of a big farm in Ibadan city. Any one in possession of large quantity of cassava and ready to sell should call this number 08060311025 or send an e-mail to olaoluwaest1988@yahoo.com. We are ready to come down to your farm and pick it up at any location if u have up to 30tons.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by jephito(m): 4:54am On Mar 19, 2016
My cassava is ready for sale... Farm located in Epe, Lagos State.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Kanyesteve1(m): 9:49am On Mar 19, 2016
Good am people. Please did anyone know where I can get viable cassava stems?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Kanyesteve1(m): 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2016
In need of land to cultivate, either leasing or buying. Can anyone help plz? Urgent
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Kanyesteve1(m): 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2016
In need of land to cultivate, either leasing or buying. Can anyone help plz?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by leadknight123(m): 8:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
soladel:

Dear Mr. Farmers to be, Siting and locating of your farm very close to your off taker market is very important, this will reduce the cost of transportation, Transportation in cassava production takes huge amount of money away from your profit and so you need to get a land, not only that , your market and target market.
More so, an Hectare is too small to produce for a big blue chip company. Why dont you prepare very well and get close to 10 ha. For huge cassava production, one needs big time land for it.
Call me to set more light in your path.
thanks so much, I'll get in touch with you.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by tosyno85(m): 5:18am On Sep 13, 2016
Pls I need someone who can supply me good stem of cassava. U can call or whatsapp me on 08114868139
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by jstemmanex(m): 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2016
Pls house, I am planning a cassava plantation but d farm location os close to s forest and I am anticipating pest invasion, wat pests do I nod to b weary of nd hw can I mitigate against dem
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Mustack: 8:59am On Sep 18, 2016
Can cassava be planted in the dry season with the help of irrigation?
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Odufaikhimalo(f): 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2016
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by sosimple19: 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
please i want to buy cassava hybrid stem, my location is portharcourt . any body around should contact me on whatsapp 08038126856.
regards
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Mustack: 5:57pm On Oct 15, 2016
House am about to go for service hopefully next month and am planning to spend plenty of my time farming while am serving..
Can farmer pls recommend me all the region suitable for cassava farming in the map bellow.

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Zhadhorktor: 7:16am On Oct 22, 2016
Hello all. Please if you are not far from Kogi state and can deliver cassava upto 30tonnes and above, get at me. 09073065879. Thanks.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by heritagefarm: 7:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
If U're in Ondo state environment or can supply cassava tubers to Ondo state, kindly contact me on 08103119170 or mail me at michmolayan@gmail.com. For serious minded people only
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Kinikini: 3:57pm On May 17, 2017
Hello all,

Glad to find this post. Am looking at having a cassava farm. Having a good spirited big brother mentor would be appreciated to have practical exposure to cassava farming. Anybody who is keen on helping should please contact me on 08023161012 or better still drop your number and I will contact you.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by youngteajay: 5:39am On Jun 09, 2017
Am new here,just got my self a 5 acres of land somwhere in ogun state.odeda lcda.I want to go into cassava planting .I need an expert that can put me through from the beginning .I will really appreciate if I can get someone. My watsapp number is 08028555162

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by adeniyi65(m): 9:56am On Jun 20, 2017
barajo1:
Hi all, Mr. Odebiyi O. E. is my name and am the manager of a big farm in Ibadan city. Any one in possession of large quantity of cassava and ready to sell should call this number 08060311025 or send an e-mail to olaoluwaest1988@yahoo.com. We are ready to come down to your farm and pick it up at any location if u have up to 30tons.
are you still into the business? I mean buying cassava.
Re: Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hello, Please i need a reliable supply of quality cassava to my cassava factory along Idiroko expressway, Obere bustop. Just after winners chapel. Kindly reach me on 08134340780 should you have cassava for sale along this axis. One full truck. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Planting Ugu This Month On An Acre Of Land / See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm / Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.