Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped - Sports (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped (72767 Views)

Live Scores Of The Revamped Nigeria Premier League Aka Glo Premier League / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by chic2pimp(m): 3:13am On Oct 12, 2020
Arise SIR LEWIS HAMILTON!... It's only a matter of time before possibly Britain's Greatest Ever Sportsman gets His well earnt and deserved Knighthood.

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2020
FBS:

You have not pointed to any facts.
But below is an interesting fact for you.
Schumi 91 wins, LH 91 wins.
Argue with your keyboard bro.
When you have the fastest car for the last 7 years. He should have broken it sooner sef
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by omar22(m): 10:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
A40:
When you have the fastest car for the last 7 years. He should have broken it sooner sef
2017 - 2019 Ferrari had a faster car but vettel threw it away twice by crashing at Singapore and Germany in the wet and in 2019 they were fastest until they were caught cheating

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by omar22(m): 10:22pm On Oct 12, 2020
A40:
Can't keep a good man down

No Christian Hoener to do his dirty work
No Adrian Newey's aero rocket
No team order .....
Another kid to whoop Vettels candy
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 10:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
omar22:

2017 - 2019 Ferrari had a faster car but vettel threw it away twice by crashing at Singapore and Germany in the wet and in 2019 they were fastest until they were caught cheating
Stop telling these lies. In 17 and 18 the Mercs had a combined 25 poles. Seb did bottle it in Germany but he did that in spite of driving the slower car.

As for 2019. Lmaoooo. Fastest indeed
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2020
omar22:

No Christian Hoener to do his dirty work
No Adrian Newey's aero rocket
No team order .....
Another kid to whoop Vettels candy
And what have these people won since Vettel left their stable? Everyone benefits from a structured team. There is a reason Bottas is #2 driver for the Mercs not a Fernando Alonso or Nico Rosberg or Max Verstappen
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by omar22(m): 10:56pm On Oct 12, 2020
A40:
Stop telling these lies. In 17 and 18 the Mercs had a combined 25 poles. Seb did bottle it in Germany but he did that in spite of driving the slower car.

As for 2019. Lmaoooo. Fastest indeed

Oh please!!!! 2017 Mercedes built a long wheelbase car which was a mistake and it struggled in slow corners, Vettel led the season until singapore when he CRASHED during the first lap,

2018 with the double battery saga, oil burning that helped Ferrari until the FIA started investigating why they were covering the sensor on top of the car. Vettel had a 17 points lead into Germany, Hungary vettel had a poor qualifying in the wet, Spa Mercedes couldnt match Ferrari pace, Monza the same but Vettel spun, He spun again in Japan and Austin (I believe Kimi won that race)

In 2019 Ferrari backed the wrong horse until it was too late to realise that LeClerc was the faster driver at Monza the merc with the DRS still wasnt fast enough to beat Ferrari on the straight until when they found out that more fuel was going into the engine from a different source and all of a sudden their pace disappeared

Bear in mind Ricciardo beat Vettel and he took off like Ben Johnson to Ferrari
LeClerc is now making a mockery of Vettel ....
The Stroll family wont allow Aston Martin making their kid a number two driver to a has been

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by omar22(m): 11:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
A40:
And what have these people won since Vettel left their stable? Everyone benefits from a structured team. There is a reason Bottas is #2 driver for the Mercs not a Fernando Alonso or Nico Rosberg or Max Verstappen

And what has Vettel won since he stopped driving adrian Newey's aero rocket

Bottas has equal status with Lewis, whether he can beat Lewis is another story...
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 12:43am On Oct 14, 2020
A40:
ok.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 5:24pm On Oct 25, 2020

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
I have to add the one who nurtured him.

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 10:08pm On Oct 25, 2020
omar22:

Bottas has equal status with Lewis, whether he can beat Lewis is another story...
He can't possibly. You would not equally status Bottas and Lewis if you were Mercedes, and their compensation says they don't. Check their pay before responding please.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by chic2pimp(m): 11:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
A40:
https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/status/1320320015028113408?s=19

This guy has won me over. Respect

Welcome on Board Hombre. We are happy to have you.

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 11:43am On Nov 01, 2020
budaatum:
I have to add the one who nurtured him.
The role fathers play and the sacrifices they make should never be underestimated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 2:52pm On Nov 01, 2020
Perfect timing for LH to win a very dramatic race with the safety cars and all.
And Mercedes wins the Constructors Championship for the 7th time in a row. What.An.Achievement. Congratulations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 1:57pm On Nov 15, 2020
Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton for equalling Schumacher's record. Got his strategy spot on and sometimes you wonder if the F1 gods are just simply in his favor all the time because I struggle to remember when last his gamble didn't work

Glad to see my boy Seb get on the podium at least. Needs to finish strongly for next season

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 6:01am On Nov 16, 2020
What.A.drive.
What.A.race. I'd say the best so far this year. Anyone of those drivers could have won it.

Congratulations to Lewis. Dude was emotional. What an achievement. Respect.

Vettel played his part too, was first to congratulate him. Nice touch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 12:03am On Nov 27, 2020
You would think that the 2020 F1 season is over but it is not. cheesy

Not yet.....Bahrain Practise 1 in less than 12 hours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 12:21am On Nov 30, 2020
Roman G's crash was scary. Not sure I've seen a Formula 1 car decimated and then catching fire right on the opening laps.
Good to know he is fine.

And then Stroll hanging upside down. shocked

The sport dangerous oo.

In other news, LH wins again. Dude seriously not relaxing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by chic2pimp(m): 1:03am On Nov 30, 2020
Glad Grosjean is ok. My heart was in my mouth as I watched His car go up in flames. Happy He was able to make it out with minimal injuries.

It's a timely reminder that the sport we all love is still very much a dangerous sport. Thankfully, over the last decade or two technology has come on in leaps and bounds such that major life changing incidents are almost an after thought. Long may that continue I say.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 4:34pm On Nov 30, 2020

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 1:08am On Dec 08, 2020
Sunday's race was also crazy. Russell was sooooooooo sooooo close. Mercedes messed up on that one but good they apologised to Russell.
Abeg what is going on with Bottas? Loss of confidence or just no motivation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 4:11pm On Dec 08, 2020
FBS:
Sunday's race was also crazy. Russell was sooooooooo sooooo close. Mercedes messed up on that one but good they apologised to Russell.
Abeg what is going on with Bottas? Loss of confidence or just no motivation?
Mercedes seemed to have suffered from not having the Hamilton effect, which just goes to show how specially talented he is.

Bottas was the only lucky person in that race. If Russell had won it, Bottas would have had to go look for some other car to drive. I hear Volkswagen have a vacancy.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 11:41pm On Dec 08, 2020
budaatum:

Mercedes seemed to have suffered from not having the Hamilton effect, which just goes to show how specially talented he is.

Bottas was the only lucky person in that race. If Russell had won it, Bottas would have had to go look for some other car to drive. I hear Volkswagen have a vacancy.
you are not nice, rara. haha. cheesy
Yeah, I was just thinking, what is going on with this guy? You won pole position, damn go for it man especially with LH not there.
Anyone denying LH's talent is just hating. It's not easy to be that consistent even if you are driving the fastest car.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 9:01pm On Dec 18, 2020

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by chic2pimp(m): 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
Congrats Lewis the BBC SPORTS PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR 2020. It's only a matter of time before He gets given a Knighthood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 2:56am On Dec 22, 2020
Long overdue sef.
Looking forward to next season.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2020
chic2pimp:
Congrats Lewis the BBC SPORTS PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR 2020. It's only a matter of time before He gets given a Knighthood.
They don't show Formula One free to air in UK. You must pay Sky to watch it. I can't help wonder that if a Jenson Button or a David Coulthard was doing so much winning television will find the money to show it for free.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by chic2pimp(m): 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
budaatum:

They don't show Formula One free to air in UK. You must pay Sky to watch it. I can't help wonder that if a Jenson Button or a David Coulthard was doing so much winning television will find the money to show it for free.

They don't show it live but the highlights are shown on Channel 4. You get all the good bits anyways so I am not complaining. When I do decide to watch the whole thing however, I simply go the Sky route.

I highly doubt it tbh. F1 in it's current state is a cash cow for the Murdoch empire and that's in parts down to Lewis. Hamilton is a household name in the UK whereas both David and Jenson never were or should I say neither were as Big as Lewis. Using a football analogy, Lewis is Beckham whilst Button and Coulthard are Rooney and Gerrard.

In addition, Sky are too rich for everyone else. They'll easily outbid the other TV stations as their budget is biggest of them all. BBC tried to keep it but their hands were tied due to License freeze so they had to let it go. So unless there is a wane in it's popularity, we'll have to make do with watching the Highlights on Channel 4 till further notice.

The only sporting events currently off limits to Sky are the Big ones like the Olympics, the World Cup and Wimbledon. Once an event gains in popularity on terrestrial TV, Sky takes it over. They did to the Champions league, the Ashes, Darts and one or two others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by chic2pimp(m): 12:04am On Dec 31, 2020
News coming through says Lewis has been Knighted as part of the Queen's New Year's Honours List.

ARISE SIR LEWIS HAMILTON. Well earnt and deserved. It was only a matter of "When" not "If" if we were to ne honest. He is our Greatest ever Sportsman in my humble opinion so He deserves everything He gets and more ❤

2 Likes

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by sammycarz(m): 7:05am On Dec 31, 2020
Where can j get f1 Ferrari polo shirt in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (52) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Hungary: FIFA U17 World Cup (4 - 2) Full Time / Team Okocha Vs Carles Puyol - 2 - 5 (Full Time) / Cristiano Ronaldo, His Son & Georgina Rodriguez Attend FIFA Football Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.