Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) (61994 Views)

Top 20 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2016) / Here Is The List Of The Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria. / Top 100 Best Universities In Nigeria - 2014 Universities Ranking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Mbkite(m): 4:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
pls where is UNIZIK on d list. I paid 20k dollars per session.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by gebest: 4:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
D POOR DAT PAID THEIR TITHES AND OFFERINGS TO BUILD THESE UNIVERSITIES HOW CAN THEY BENEFIT FROM THIS SKYROCKET SCHL FEES. I LL CALL IT UNIVERSITY OF D RICH BUILT BY D POOR.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
Handcuff:

It seem you are no longer a christian ?
I'm atheist.
Since my teenage years I've been agnostic.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
WhyAWhy:

Yes until we hear someone who can confirm that a gun was held to his head to part with his hard earned cash for the sake of a university project

Wetin consain university fees with project and robbery?
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by mcfarlin(m): 4:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
feran14:
yeah... like that
K guess ill stop commenting on threads like these and leave f'uctards to their f'uckdom
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by seribroo56(m): 4:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
HARDUBUY: Post jamb rejected students are those u find in private skools these dayz..
this mentality will not get you far. how did you knw jamb rejected them.. is there any stat to back up ur claims..

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by dahfweshdude69: 4:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
I will rather study abroad than go to those universities... waste of money... still graduate with useless certificate

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by bong4(m): 4:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
Apatheist:
Am I lying?

My dear let us face fact, these private schools don't receive a dime from government. They can only be maintained by what's generated within. Remember they have professors and doctors on their payroll and you wouldn't want to hear of a prof earning 10k to 20k because you are a missionary school and fees must be low. The truth remains, the way public schools are even increasing their fees (oau of recent), if government subvention is removed, their school fees will be higher. As 'low' as unilag school fees is, how many people can afford? If Govt and university administrators manage our education resources well, no one will go to private universities.
By the way, how secure is abti america university in yola that boko haram hasn't paid them a courtesy visit?

5 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
mcfarlin:
K guess ill stop commenting on threads like these and leave f'uctards to their f'uckdom

yeah... do that
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by seribroo56(m): 4:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
hannne: Is the certificate different from the ones collected in fed uni nd will i be a given a job immediately i gradute.
Am sure some fed students are better than them with all this money been paid.i pay 20k in my sch.dia fees can train me in sch 50 times

you paid 20k then and you espect 20k to become a constant..
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by madamoringo(f): 4:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
Apatheist: Ironically, most of them are owned by churches whose members finance, and at the end of the day they can't afford to send their children there.

Some of you don't even think before you write! What do you mean by they finance it? Is it by tithes and offering? Or you're just looking for any opportunity to take a dig at any Christian or religious organization that runs a school? Fhools like you cannot understand that if a business, even the most basic business, runs only at cost price or a single naira below cost price per customer per day, well that business concern is done: it will evaporate within a few months or years! Besides running costs to higher better than average personnel, it needs to spend millions on things like insurance, partnership agreements for example that allows it's library, students and staff to access premium research papers and journals in any part of the world, that does not care if the school is running at a loss! I schooled in a foreign university and I've seen some journals dropped for some others because of fees! Accessing the latest publications for Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology will never be possible in any university in Nigeria or similar journals in physics, chemistry, medicine, etc because it is NOT FREE to create the content!

The conferences that produce these bodies of knowledge cost millions of dollars to bring together 1000 top researchers and students in a resort in Las Vegas or Rome, accommodations for them, multiple halls for different sessions over period of 3 - 4 days, flight tickets, meals, etc. After another 3 months and selected papers are published, how much should the schools which you claim are paid for by members (by tithes and offerings) pay to access these contents? N 1? N 0? This is why Nigerians remain poor in common sense and reasoning!

In my country, as a graduate student, you pay about 50% or less of the fees charge to foreign students, should it not be free because I pay my taxes? Should it not be free because the schools get millions of dollars in donations from the public, so when their children is accepted to the school, they don't need to pay school fees. Are you hearing how dumb you sound? Some universities charge as much as 30,000 USD per annum yet they still have to reject many applicants who have that money, which means there are reasons why it is in such demand: quality of academic programs, prestige, quality of research output, etc. These schools are already over a hundred years old, so why are they charging so much money since the initial investment is probably already paid for, is this not excess profit? Again, this is how Nigerians like you think and that is why almost everything in Nigeria is low class or zero class!

Fhools like you should not be allowed to make offensive comments on the internet! As fhoolish as the dumb Ph. D president!

6 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by datfairboy(m): 4:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
Very correct ,I school in Babcock university ....Babcock is the most expensive
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by olayanju22(m): 4:15pm On Jul 06, 2014
Muslumi\Muslimah,

You are welcome to the Holy Month of Ramadan!!!

Bearing in mind the change in your daily meal plan, we at Tito’s Small Chops and Cocktails, have put together a special Month long Menu for pick up at the shop, or delivery to you at your convenience that would cater for your needs at breaking of fast/Iftar:

Order your savory vegetable spring rolls, Beefy Samosas, Massa, Kosei, Puffs, Peppered Chicken, Skewered Prawns, Snails, gizzard, Fish in batter, Sandwiches, Corned beef and Sweetcorn wraps, Meat-pies amongst other items on the menu – all at friendly prices!!!

You may also book for a daily budget based platter to be delivered to your home or office all through the month.

*Free delivery within #Abuja City Center.

Please contact us on these lines:
BBM 2B94F7EC
Or email: titoschops@yahoo.com

RAMADAN KAREEM!

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Tupacx: 4:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ok
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lagos state university is the most expensive state university while obafemi awolowo university tution fee is becoming outrageous these days.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by bong4(m): 4:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
mcfarlin:
Like what...that its right to be r'etarded and become a taxpayer(tithepayer) in a church whose main aim is maximizing profit...such blockheadedness is killing nigeria as a whole....these pastors(charlatans)live in opulence with funds sourced from their businesses(churches) begun with free capital(gotten from dumb headed peeps who pay tithe in the 21st century)...the zenith of fuckery if you ask me.

At least, we know where private missionary universities get the funds to establish their schools. Tell me where Atiku, IBB, Obasanjo and their like got money to establish theirs?

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Orikinla(m): 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
REDEEMER’S UNIVERSITY IS THE BEST BY ACADEMIC STANDARDS.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Jubilee275: 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Get this straight....universities are very very expensive.

It is only in Nigeria that we think that universities are like glorified secondary schools, where we sit down and just attend lectures,pass exams and get our paper qualification after four years.

Well, Universities also exist to do research.....and all sorts of research. That means facilities that are far in excess of any secodary school. Universities also exist to train not only undergraduates,but post-grads, and even people in employment. Plus they have hundreds of workers who must be paid at rates comparable to the Federal Universities.....or else they walk...and we haven't even talked about their pensions, or about how much it costs to maintain facilites in said universities.

Plus , universities must provide good housing for their students....and the fact is if a student is not living in good accommodation, he/she won't do well. (I studied in a Federal Univerisity....until my final year before I had a room to myself....for the last two months of my student career. At one point, I was sharing a room with six students).If a student is not well fed., he/she won't do well. And all that costs money.

Plus most of the church run universities can only get some funding for their activities from the parent church. You think that Oyedepo, for example, takes all the tithes and offerings in his church and pours it into Covenant? As if he does not have numerous pastors, church branches, missions, welfare, etc that he has to fund as well. Plus, churches like the Adventists that have parent churches in the West can only get some funding from the Parent church oversea....and not all of it goes into the university....they have hundreds of other obligations.

Let's be honest....university education is expensive. If you want to produce world beater graduates you have to pay for it. No excuses. Add the fact that Govt does not fund private universities....they just give you the land and registration and that's it.....and you see why they have high fees.

You, my friend, are very wise. The only logical, reasonable and realistic comment thus far
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by zurine(f): 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
covenant university is still the best university in the world
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by dridowu: 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
egbaguy: i will rather send my kid abroad than spend millions on naija university
Fact Fact Fact

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
zurine: covenant university is still the best university in the world

world ke....
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Jubilee275: 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
droid007: Private universities do not benefit from the Tertiary Education Trust Fund. That is why they have to be expensive. Running a university is no small feat and I'm almost sure some of these private schools have not turned a profit.

You should be thanking these private unis for the increased capacity of Nigerian university admission, and not deriding them. If you want these universities to be cheaper, tell your government to give them access to the Tertiary Education Trust Fund.

God bless you!!!
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by dridowu: 4:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
zurine: covenant university is still the best university in the world
am 100% sure the urine you drink is affecting your typing

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Tval(m): 4:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
Apatheist:
A Pentecostal church.
forgotten the name.
one of the fire and brimstone ones.
oga live story jor
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by EldaTimba(m): 4:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
1.@OP, you are a liar. How on earth will u say babcock pay 3 million naira. My sis skul in Babcock and the pay 850 for almost all courses except mbbs(2million) i.e ben carson college of medicine. Don't be deceived by linda ikeji and the rest. Go to the skul website and see for ur self.
2. To be frank, private uni are relatively cheaper than state uni cos feedin, book, accommodation etc are embedded in it. Private uni degree are more respected outside Nigeria. Ask an admission agent if u doubt. CU is affiliated wif MIT in sum program. BU has ben carson as its medical skul adviser.
3. For the past two year, CU 1st class students have been winning the presidential scholarship as the overall best. When NUC said this at FUNAAB we all criticized him.
N.B: I hate blind argument. Fault my point with proof. You can research on my points.
BTW I rep FUTA.

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
Its only d poor or som1 wif a poor mindset dat'll despise anything expensive or dat has 2 do wit d rich, ow pathetic. Jealousy is anoda form of hatred, hating som1 4 aving wat u don't av
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by loswhite(m): 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
feran14:
on a serious note, i'm tired of hearing this same line everytime a private university is brought up... Say something else
block your ears undecided
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by kaima1984(f): 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
HARDUBUY: Post jamb rejected students are those u find in private skools these dayz..
hahahahah,u wunt kill me wit laugh ooooooo
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
loswhite: block your ears undecided
i would if I could, but that would just stop me from hearing the good ones too
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
ge best: D POOR DAT PAID THEIR TITHES AND OFFERINGS TO BUILD THESE UNIVERSITIES HOW CAN THEY BENEFIT FROM THIS SKYROCKET SCHL FEES. I LL CALL IT UNIVERSITY OF D RICH BUILT BY D POOR.
Wats d proof dat d uni's r built by d poor, its nt only d poor dat contributed d rich also did. Besides tithes r nt enof 2 build somfin big, derz somfin called pledges n commitments, solicited for by d church n dose interestd will pledge wat dey av 2 support d growth of d chch its no big deal
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Kennyfancy(m): 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
Yungwizzzy28: Nor be the same God create those people wey dey go these schools??

where my papa dey when their father dey hustle??
ur papa dey find women then jst lik u dey do nah
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
dont know of others but I know thats not in covenant.. cos they just ended their post utme yesterday while private universities havent even started

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets / Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos / See How Lazy Students Reason In Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.