Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,458 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) (61993 Views)

Top 20 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2016) / Here Is The List Of The Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria. / Top 100 Best Universities In Nigeria - 2014 Universities Ranking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
i think most of these values are wrong. i have a friend who studies international law in babcock and she told me it's #800,000 today. i wonder why 2million is there for law, even though they're slightly different i think it's not correct.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Jubilee275: 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
seribroo56: this mentality will not get you far. how did you knw jamb rejected them.. is there any stat to back up ur claims..

Please help me ask him. The ones jamb did not reject still end up going to Private University because of facilities they know they can not get from non-private Unis.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
feran14:
dont know of others but I know thats not in covenant.. cos they just ended their post utme yesterday while private universities havent even started
U dey mind am, ppl jst wana talk so dey can make odas feel dey among evn wen its balls dey are yarning, dey jst talk by generalizing tinz falsely
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by SpartanQueen: 5:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
The level of ignorance on Nairaland is sad.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Lyoncrescent: 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
Abeg Let's be Objective.
For those that attend Public Universities trust me when I say you are all on scholarship. State and Federal Government subsidize your fees so much. If you know how much billions is spent on public unis you will know your platry school fees doesn't do anything more like a drop in an ocean.Secondly how do these public unis generate revenue internally ? By selling postume form for 5k and selling result card 5k to check ur result ? Education is expensive and because the Government foots most of the bill doesn't mean your education is worth what you pay as school fees.If government stops subsidizing public unis, even with their population some of their school fees will be higher than some private unis and the value for money will be lower.

4 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Perfecter4real(m): 5:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
Apatheist: Ironically, most of them are owned by churches whose members finance, and at the end of the day they can't afford to send their children there.
there you go again,SMH.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
Perfecter4real: there you go again,SMH.
Again? What did I do last time?
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by youngice(m): 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
tensazangetsu: a third rate US university would cost nothing less than 4 million naira a session I don't even talk of the ivy league quality education isn't cheap
this poster can lie, i school at university of essex everthing was £10000
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
youngice: this poster can lie, i school at university of essex everthing was £10000

10,000 pounds is 2.8million naira.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by youngice(m): 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
bushdoc9919:

10,000 pounds is 2.8million naira.

u said 4m ,that is a 40% increase smiley
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by tuffgongjo(m): 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
No wonder they keep producing half baked first class students.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by mkoabiola: 5:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
No automatic job after graduation
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
egbaguy: i will rather send my kid abroad than spend millions on naija university

Your head is there, but if you are talking about Ivy league schools, you gotta double/triple 3million. smiley
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by slydog(m): 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
Am still waiting to see a comment that will say something on the quality of graduates been churned out by the "so called private" universities by those who think and call the private universities advanced secondary school. Rather than argue with facts and constructive points, they only end up saying poos like church member tithes, this that this
Forgeting that the best schools in the world like Harvard is privately owned and one of the most expensive school.

Now talking about quality, lemme throw in a lil.

I graduated from a private university and served in kano, of course there will always be a time when we'll gist of how 'difficult every corps member school is' and when I tell them where I graduated from and how I made second class upper, most times, you find out that the ones who are quick to tell you your school is an advanced secondary school are the ones who graduated with 2.2 or even 3rd class.

I took it upon my self to test the waters of these (rather than go abroad for master) public schools for a masters degree to confirm if my cgpa of 3.93/5 in a private university was fluk, thus I enrolled in uniport immediately after service, today I have graduated with an msc degree with cgpa of 4.14/5, I and the course rep having the highest cgpa, and frm my dept, we were only 5 eligible to proceed to phd based on minimum requirement of 4point out of a class of 30,passing all courses @ one sitting.

Even better than what I made in a private univeristy.
So, let's argue with facts, not the little rantings of laymen with not constructive thinking aptitude.

4 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
tensazangetsu: a third rate US university would cost nothing less than 4 million naira a session I don't even talk of the ivy league quality education isn't cheap

Bros you can lie o, Harvard's school fees per year is just $51000, which will be about N8million.

How then can 'third rate' universities be 4mill/yr?

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by egbaguy: 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
Promhize:

Your head is there, but if you are talking about Ivy league schools, you gotta double/triple 3million. smiley
check bro......even ivy league schools dnt cost ten thousand dollars a year.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by myspnigeria: 6:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ooshey .... money good o
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nicepoker(m): 6:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
Watz my business. Afterall na standard 3 I crash out for school
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by ukandi1(m): 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2014
Apatheist:
A Pentecostal church.
forgotten the name.
one of the fire and brimstone ones.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by alpha75(m): 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2014
Apatheist:
A Pentecostal church.
forgotten the name.
one of the fire and brimstone ones.
. Lol! @fire and brimstone. Guy u funny
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by jaypee100: 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
vicero001: intereing
All this private uni. particularly those own by mission. the church make the congrigation pay all manner of levies, tithe, buildin fund, offerings etc. the poor pay all these levies. their leaders then build schools and make them so Expensive just to denial the very people that saw to the building. how justify are this fees?
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by ukandi1(m): 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nicepoker: Watz my business. Afterall na standard 3 I crash out for school
hahahahahahahahahaah... Wow we have many credible candidates for night of a thousand laugh here.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 06, 2014
Yungwizzzy28: Nor be the same God create those people wey dey go these schools??

where my papa dey when their father dey hustle??

More reason why you have to work hard and send your kids to Harvard,Cambridge,Oxford,Yale...May your kids not ask the same question you asked here....

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Libkid(m): 6:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
We payed dix payed dat.our parents contributed to d building of d skul via offering and donation yet we cant afford to attend d same skul.is it fair dia ris God o.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
slydog: Am still waiting to see a comment that will say something on the quality of graduates been churned out by the "so called private" universities by those who think and call the private universities advanced secondary school. Rather than argue with facts and constructive points, they only end up saying poos like church member tithes, this that this
Forgeting that the best schools in the world like Harvard is privately owned and one of the most expensive school.

Now talking about quality, lemme throw in a lil.

I graduated from a private university and served in kano, of course there will always be a time when we'll gist of how 'difficult every corps member school is' and when I tell them where I graduated from and how I made second class upper, most times, you find out that the ones who are quick to tell you your school is an advanced secondary school are the ones who graduated with 2.2 or even 3rd class.

I took it upon my self to test the waters of these (rather than go abroad for master) public schools for a masters degree to confirm if my cgpa of 3.93/5 in a private university was fluk, thus I enrolled in uniport immediately after service, today I have graduated with an msc degree with cgpa of 4.14/5, I and the course rep having the highest cgpa, and frm my dept, we were only 5 eligible to proceed to phd based on minimum requirement of 4point out of a class of 30,passing all courses @ one sitting.

Even better than what I made in a private univeristy.
So, let's argue with facts, not the little rantings of laymen with not constructive thinking aptitude.

Bro, I don't know about University of Port-harcourt, but Post-graduate programmes and Undergraduate programme in all ramification are miles apart in a school like OAU.

I'm in my finals in OAU and I would not advise anyone school here. I'm serious.

You did not address a specific point anyway, however, intellectually I do not believe public school graduates are better than those from private schools but the grades (GP) I believe are. (I do not believe intellectual capacity can be measured by one's GP).

You see a lot of things causes lower grades in public universities. And try to explain by mentioning simple occurrences and experience: lecturers subtracting at least 15marks from our scores because we were too much that passed SSC 103 in 100level (and most of us ended up with B's); a lecturer not marking a students script and automatically giving him an 'F' (after so much confrontation he just changed to an 'E'); lecturers telling to your face that nobody will score above 40marks in an exam of a possible 60marks; in dept of Political science it is so bad they'd tell you the best student would get a B; in english from part 1, you already know a first class is impossible even if have the ability.

Note, I argued not on intellectual ability, facilities or quality of teaching, but on grade quantity.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
@op, its a lie. The first licensed private university in Nigeria is Madonna university okija, licensed on 10th may 1999. Infact the founder was the first person that ever thought of opening a private university in Nigeria.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by slydog(m): 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
Promhize:

Bro, I don't know about University of Port-harcourt, but Post-graduate programmes and Undergraduate programmes are miles apart in all ramification are miles apart in a school like OAU.

I'm in my finals in OAU and I would not advise anyone school here. I'm serious.

You did not address a specific point anyway, however, intellectually I do not believe public school graduates are better than those from private schools but the grades (GP) I believe are. (I do not believe intellectual capacity can be measured by one's GP).

Should I talk about lecturers subtracting at least 15marks from our scores because we were too much that passed SSC 103 in 100level (and most of us ended up with B's), a lecturer not marking a students script and automatically giving him an 'F' or lecturers telling to your face that nobody will score above 40marks in an exam of a possible 60marks, in dept of Political science it is so bad they'd tell you the best student would get a B, in english from part 1, you already know a first class is impossible even if have the ability.

Note, I argued not on intellectual ability, facilities or quality of teaching, but on grade quantity.

I don't get your point on gp or intellect. My point is if given the right environmnet, I am sure of my self anywhere, be it private or federal, uniport or oau. I hope u know that in msc, anything less than a c is fail, and the course is to be repeated, so even if a lecturer plans to shave marks, belive me, pple will still pass. I don't settle for less, the sky is not the limit but the starting point.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by LeSulk(m): 6:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
Handcuff:

which church ?
Babcock subsidised the fees for Adventists in the High School while I was there(2005-2009). I dont know if they still do it
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by BigBossMan(m): 6:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
Apatheist: Ironically, most of them are owned by churches whose members finance, and at the end of the day they can't afford to send their children there.
You lie! Quality comes at a price.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
No! You spoke the bitter truth.

Apatheist:
Am I lying?
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by TheRealAdonye(m): 6:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
MUCH.MORE.EXPENSIVE
Get your facts right.

AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA (ABTI)

ABTI is the first Nigerian university with American structure and curriculum. It is in north eastern Nigeria, Yola, capital of Adamawa State. At ABTI, students pay as much as N1,378,500 to receive quality education. Parents, however, pay in dollars.

For tuition: $6,600 (N990,000), meals: $1,900 (285,000), four in a room: $500 (N75,000), private room: $1,900 – N285,000). In total, it amounts to N1,378,500 per annum.

Accommodation and feeding are taken care by the school.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lol I didn't attend a private university but I smell envy in your post.
However, I regret going to that shit hole called Uniabuja! I attended a seminar organised by Rotaract in UNN last week and cursed Unibuja the more. Rubbish school angry

HARDUBUY: Post jamb rejected students are those u find in private skools these dayz..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Law School First Class Graduates Reveal Their Secrets / Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos / See How Lazy Students Reason In Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.