Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) (61984 Views)

Top 20 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2016) / Here Is The List Of The Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria. / Top 100 Best Universities In Nigeria - 2014 Universities Ranking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
slydog:

I don't get your point on gp or intellect. My point is if given the right environmnet, I am sure of my self anywhere, be it private or federal, uniport or oau. I hope u know that in msc, anything less than a c is fail, and the course is to be repeated, so even if a lecturer plans to shave marks, belive me, pple will still pass. I don't settle for less, the sky is not the limit but the starting point.

My point is that given the conditions that I mentioned, I do not think most first class graduates from private universities in Nigeria will graduate with a first class in a public university (esp OAU) and that these conditions are absent/minimal in Post-graduate programmes, hence the "post-graduate and undergraduate programmes are miles apart" assertion in my previous post.

When I talked about intellect, I was just trying to prevent you getting the wrong message, that since public schools' GP are better than private schools', then a Public school graduate is better than a private school graduate provided they are in the same award class (1st class, 2nd class upper...), which isn't what I meant.

This is my argument: A first class student from a private school could come to a public university and still graduate with a first class, obviously, but the percentage will be very minimal but a first class from an OAU, is a first class anywhere in Nigeria (even a 2nd class upper, terms & conditions apply cheesy).

*I wish I could get 100 people with two degrees, one from a private Nigerian university and the second from a public university (especially federal). My sociology brain yearns for this data.*
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by TheRealAdonye(m): 7:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
No, it isn't..

datfairboy: Very correct ,I school in Babcock university ....Babcock is the most expensive
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Funjosh(m): 7:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
This what I called radarada.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by benedictac(f): 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
Yungwizzzy28: Nor be the same God create those people wey dey go these schools??

where my papa dey when their father dey hustle??

him be dey chase ur Mumsy up and down
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by solihu(m): 7:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
I just feel for parents, students and the country in general. All my tuition fees to the point of graduation wasn't up to 10,000 naira.

Which way Nigeria!
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
egbaguy: check bro......even ivy league schools dnt cost ten thousand dollars a year.

They do, the top ones harvard and yale are about $45000-$51000.

But the deal is, there are a lot of conditions attached to these fees, like parents wage range: a parent earning less than $60k per year will be exempted from paying some fees, plus native students there get a lot (when say a lot I mean a lot) of grants, free money, not loans of up to $16k

So in the end up paying about $18k-$25k or so.

And these conditions I do not think include foreigners especially Africans, so when you want to send your child there be ready to pay $50k
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by slogozer(m): 7:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
Apatheist: Ironically, most of them are owned by churches whose members finance, and at the end of the day they can't afford to send their children there.

The people that finance those schools do not cry as much as people that want to exploit the Vision of the Church. If a whole federal Government can not sustain schools that are heavily run by subventions, international fundings and different world bank support, where and how do you want this churches to keep up to standard.

If trully your parents are poor, then you should learn to sit and read and win the scholarship opportunities made available by the same Church for indigent students. No, you will not but rather paint the great ideas of such men in bad picture.

If you think the church is wrong to ask for what they think is sufficient to keep them alive and afloat, go and start ordinary primary school and make it free. Tell me the location and the quality so I can bring my children.

Don't be an ingrate.

2 Likes

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by MightySparrow: 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
- Socrates
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by egbaguy: 7:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
Promhize:

They do, the top ones harvard and yale are about $45000-$51000.

But the deal is, there are a lot of conditions attached to these fees, like parents wage range: a parent earning less than $60k per year will be exempted from paying some fees, plus native students there get a lot (when say a lot I mean a lot) of grants, free money, not loans of up to $16k

So in the end up paying about $18k-$25k or so.

And these conditions I do not think include foreigners especially Africans, so when you want to send your child there be ready to pay $50k
u are so on point bro. But is their post grad also diz expensive?
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by DJMONACO(m): 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
most xpensive fed uni....oau...75k
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by shagzee(m): 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
is that one determing quality education?
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by AdelokikiMr(m): 7:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
zurine: covenant university is still the best university in the world
. Ahh ahh ahhh grin
zurine: covenant university is still the best university in the world
. Ahh ahh ahhh. In a clown voice cause u must be joking
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
egbaguy: u are so on point bro. But is their post grad also diz expensive?

Hmm, I don't know. Its the MBA that I know is outrageous.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by chinex276(m): 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
In phyno's voice*Men pasa no'obem e gah fu na'ha bu ALOBAM*
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by picoba(m): 8:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
[size=28pt]
What about fee for

Federal University of Boko Haram, Sambisa Campus

[/size]
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by donnish(m): 9:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
HARDUBUY: Post jamb rejected students are those u find in private skools these dayz..
lol....abi
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by afrolearn: 9:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
jaypee100: All this private uni. particularly those own by mission. the church make the congrigation pay all manner of levies, tithe, buildin fund, offerings etc. the poor pay all these levies. their leaders then build schools and make them so Expensive just to denial the very people that saw to the building. how justify are this fees?

Hian!!! What is this?
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by wordcat(m): 9:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
Yungwizzzy28: Nor be the same God create those people wey dey go these schools??

where my papa dey when their father dey hustle??

And make sure u don't allow your children to ask same question.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by michaeltotti(m): 9:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
It nt about price.it about quality

thier facilities cnt b compared to d like of oau,unilag,uniben,unilorin where u wont finish 150k tl u graduated
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by michaeltotti(m): 9:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
If na play stop am.OAU AND FUOYE DEY COMPETE 4 DT PLACE.FUOYE ALSO 75K
DJMONACO: most xpensive fed uni....oau...75k
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Handcuff: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
Apatheist:
I'm atheist.
Since my teenage years I've been agnostic.
ok
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by nwasteve(m): 10:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
Not too surprise, Daniel foretold it as one remarkable signs of the end time
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Kunlayd: 10:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
So much for Naija's half baked education grin
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Handcuff: 10:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
LeSulk:
Babcock subsidised the fees for Adventists in the High School while I was there(2005-2009). I dont know if they still do it
ok
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
Promhize:

Bro, I don't know about University of Port-harcourt, but Post-graduate programmes and Undergraduate programme in all ramification are miles apart in a school like OAU.

I'm in my finals in OAU and I would not advise anyone school here. I'm serious.

You did not address a specific point anyway, however, intellectually I do not believe public school graduates are better than those from private schools but the grades (GP) I believe are. (I do not believe intellectual capacity can be measured by one's GP).

You see a lot of things causes lower grades in public universities. And try to explain by mentioning simple occurrences and experience: lecturers subtracting at least 15marks from our scores because we were too much that passed SSC 103 in 100level (and most of us ended up with B's); a lecturer not marking a students script and automatically giving him an 'F' (after so much confrontation he just changed to an 'E'); lecturers telling to your face that nobody will score above 40marks in an exam of a possible 60marks; in dept of Political science it is so bad they'd tell you the best student would get a B; in english from part 1, you already know a first class is impossible even if have the ability.

Note, I argued not on intellectual ability, facilities or quality
of teaching, but on grade quantity.
Bros thats true, buh i also know of sumone dat finished wit a cgpa of 3.49 in a private uni too.. how bad can it be?
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by valkaka(m): 11:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
Yet most of der engineering graduates students especially madonna uni cnt write a simple c program.....very gross!!......ghana private universities re d best in west africa.to say the very least.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by penny01502: 11:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
educational facilities in those schools are not better than government universities

its just that there admission is cheaper, no cut off mark for UTME no post UME. with your money admission is guarantee, no stress.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by victorazy(m): 11:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
Apatheist: Ironically, most of them are owned by churches whose members finance, and at the end of the day they can't afford to send their children there.

U no go close ur dirty mouth, u like saying what u don't know.
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by legendsilver(m): 11:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
HARDUBUY: Post jamb rejected students are those u find in private skools these dayz..
u no lie jawe, God bless ur facts
Re: Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (2014) by olushowunm(m): 11:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
@ALL... My comment here is just for enlightenment purpose because i have read a lot of posts against churches owning Universities and about their affordability... First, we all complains everyday of our Education system and when we see people trying to fix it, we still criticize them. By virtue of what i know about higher education administration... Its not cheap to run a standard university, even those in it are yet to make any profits. Let's all look at costs alone: If you are running 3 faculties ( science, business and humanities) Lets say you have have 8 programmes under each which makes it 24 programmes.. If you have average student of 30 students per class, it will all come up to 720 students. Lets assumed they paid 1milion per session. We will have 720million Naira!
Lets just look at staffs, lets say each programme have 1 professor, 2 senior lecturers, 2 lecturer 1 and 3 lecturer 2, plus 1 Graduate Assistant. And a Professor earns 4.8m p.a, Senior Lecturers earns 3.6m p.a Lecturer 1 2.4m p.a...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Universities That Accept 2.2 And 3rd Class Graduate For Masters Degree / Susan Eboh: Death Of A Uniben Queen (A Pharmacist Gone) After Gunshot / See How Lazy Students Reason In Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.