Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Schengen Visa Not Used - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Schengen Visa Not Used (10854 Views)

Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy / Can I Fly To Any Schengen Country Without Stopping At The Country Of Issuance? / Can The Holder Of Uk Visa Travel To Other Eu Countries? Like Schengen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Schengen Visa Not Used by justwise(m): 7:33am On Aug 19, 2014
chuksbogus: JUSTWISE
i expect you to be wise but reading through your argument here am some how disappointed .its a very big problem WHEN U DONT KNOW AND DONT KNOW THAT YOU DONT KNOW.can't u get what this guys are saying ? you rather want to prove noting. they have given instances and u have not even shown us one.It might not be a crime but they all said The Officers FROWN AT IT simple pls always be ready yo learn u don't know every thing.am expecting your insult!!

You are not making any sense so stop getting worked out, if you are issued a visa for a trip and you did not make it for whatever reason you don't have to contact the embassy about that, when you are applying again at the same embassy simple state that you were issued a visa before but for some unforeseen circumstances that you were unable to use it. You will not refused a visa simply because you did not use the previous one.

1 Like

Re: Schengen Visa Not Used by DBestDoc(f): 9:31am On Aug 19, 2014
chuksbogus: JUSTWISE
i expect you to be wise but reading through your argument here am some how disappointed .its a very big problem WHEN U DONT KNOW AND DONT KNOW THAT YOU DONT KNOW.can't u get what this guys are saying ? you rather want to prove noting. they have given instances and u have not even shown us one.It might not be a crime but they all said The Officers FROWN AT IT simple pls always be ready yo learn u don't know every thing.am expecting your insult!!

Thanks for this.
Gosh!

4 Likes

Re: Schengen Visa Not Used by juliansame: 2:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
I need some enlightment. I have paid for 6wks language course in germany and I have been sent the receipt and confirmation of payment so I want to know what other documents I need to add to it so I can take them to the embassy and get my visa to germany. My courses starts on nov 3 pls I need response asap. Thank tsetse fly
Re: Schengen Visa Not Used by justwise(m): 3:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
juliansame: I need some enlightment. I have paid for 6wks language course in germany and I have been sent the receipt and confirmation of payment so I want to know what other documents I need to add to it so I can take them to the embassy and get my visa to germany. My courses starts on nov 3 pls I need response asap. Thank tsetse fly

Post this question here https://www.nairaland.com/676173/german-embassy-visa
Re: Schengen Visa Not Used by 3sha4lyf: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
elonilintl:
@ 3sha4lyf
Firstly, i have to thank you for your comportment and your choice of words. Indeed, you have made my day.
I have been following this thread carefully and I have only observed one thing; some people always want to be heard and their suggestions taken and when they are not they will start fighting instead of admitting because no one knows it all except God.
Currently, I had similar case like yours;
I was issued a Student residence Permit for my M.Sc program in Sweden by the Swedish Migration Board through their Embassy in Pretoria and something happened that made me to change my mind to defering my admission for the next year Autumn Semester. So i put a call through to the Visa officer at the Embassy of Sweden in Pretoria and made my intentions known to her that i would want to place a hold on my permit or as well as re-apply next year and she replied saying:
'' Just notify me when you had reached a decision whether you would be traveling to Sweden for your programme this year or not, through a letter stating your reasons as you had explained to me, so that I would inform the Migration Board on your behalf. So that it will be understood when you apply for the Residence Permit next year''
And I asked her: Is there any possibility that it may not be given to me next year when I apply?
Visa Officer replied: Yes, that is why i must inform them when you notify me because Student Residence Permit decisions are made by the Migration Board in Sweden only and RP cards sent to us for collection.

Cutting the long story short, please 'POSTER' try and inform the embassy that issued the visa to you because they have the final say on this issue.
As a Nigerian ,don't forget that whatsoever that is worth doing at all is worth doing well!

As for myself, I ended up not defering my admission and neither did i postpone my study trip to Sverige (Sweden) as was planned.

Good luck!
May God bless Nigeria and no other place!

Very well said
The poster was smart enough to err on the side of caution.
Once bitten, twice shy, but once beaten, always alert.
Tx for this.

3 Likes

Re: Schengen Visa Not Used by Lucasbalo(m): 10:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
justwise:

You are not making any sense so stop getting worked out, if you are issued a visa for a trip and you did not make it for whatever reason you don't have to contact the embassy about that, when you are applying again at the same embassy simple state that you were issued a visa before but for some unforeseen circumstances that you were unable to use it. You will not refused a visa simply because you did not use the previous one.
Try that with the American Embassy and tell us the outcome.

1 Like

Re: Schengen Visa Not Used by 3sha4lyf: 1:16am On Aug 21, 2014
Lucasbalo: Try that with the American Embassy and tell us the outcome.

You got me ROTFLMAO. Ha ha ha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Schengen Visa Not Used by justwise(m): 10:39am On Aug 21, 2014
Lucasbalo: Try that with the American Embassy and tell us the outcome.

Nothing will happen, its not a must to travel when issued a visa and if you changed your mind about the trip you don't have to communicate that with the embassy as well.

1 Like

Re: Schengen Visa Not Used by wiseonemomoh(m): 12:04pm On Aug 21, 2014
justwise:

Post this question here https://www.nairaland.com/676173/german-embassy-visa
this was how u gave me a link, tin now,I did not get any reply in dat link.if u have any idea,share it.some times,people in dat link does not have wat to say
Re: Schengen Visa Not Used by justwise(m): 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
wiseonemomoh: this was how u gave me a link, tin now,I did not get any reply in dat link.if u have any idea,share it.some times,people in dat link does not have wat to say

i'm not under any obligation to help you.

1 Like

Re: Schengen Visa Not Used by elonilintl: 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
@juliansame, please with the documents that you have now just visit the website of the embassy of Germany in Nigeria and you will see their checklist for all the visa application category, study the checklist of your own selected category very well and provide the documents listed there and then check also on the website to see if their embassy requires you to book for an appointment before visiting them for submission.
If they do, then also you will see from the website on how to go about booking an appointment then you carry your documents to them for submission and if you are successful you will get your visa for sho.
For the embassy of Germany in Nigeria's website, just google it by typing this on google:'Embassy of Germany in Nigeria website' then search and concentrate on the first link.
I hope this information will help you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Core Function Of Lastma On Our Roads. / COVID-19: FG Approves N10 Billion Survival Fund For Transport Sector / Travelling To Ghana- Advice Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.