Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,291 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career (2939 Views)

Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty / Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final / Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career by raldsfield(m): 7:17pm On Jul 20, 2006
I don't waste my time reading negative comments.

just skip them cool
Re: Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career by bagoma(f): 9:51pm On Jul 20, 2006
i am patriotic and thats why i said i pray i am wrong. i truly wish mikel the very best.
i just dont think chelsea is the best choice but thats not important as there's no use crying over spilt milk.
i hope and pray my that i am proved wrong.
Re: Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career by Akolawole(m): 1:01am On Jul 21, 2006
bagoma:

i just don't think chelsea is the best choice but thats not important as there's no use crying over spilt milk.

Maybe Arsenal should be his choice just like Theo walcott.
Re: Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career by loyika(m): 10:19am On Jul 21, 2006
Today i am in a good mood so there will be less of the sarcasm cheesy.

But i must admit it's really annoying when a discussion always has to turn to petty arguements. No Nigerian, and i repeat "NO NIGERIAN" does not wish Mikel well in his Career, if he does well itwill be to the benefit of nigerian football. I don't like Bolton that much, but i always looked forward to Okocha's performance, same could be said of any other club that has a nigerian player among their ranks. And i trully think all nigerians adopt the same attitude.

Where we disagree is on the little details, like whether he was right to go to Chelsea instead of the club that wanted him in this case Man U. So i really do not see the need for petty insults like the one above about Arsenal and Walcot. Arsenal FC has nothing to do with this thread, but Gunners have their opinions like anyone else on the topic, and even if you don't agree with it, at least you could respect it and just post your own thoughts.

Mikel belongs to us all not only Chelsea, or where ever he decides to play in the future. So please (as much as i enjoy the little battles that go on btw fellow nairaland colleagues, which i believe is just for fun, as we are one people after all) i feel there is really no need to start unneccessary beef when there is no need for it. the thread is about what we feel about Mikel's progress with Chelsea.

Well lets see how the season pans out for him. i just hope he stays injury free, cause i know the manager he has and Maureen is not a baby sitter Roman A does not give him that leaverage to be, and the last time i looked Mikel's chick (if he has one) is not friends with roman's wife like Sheva's wifey, and neither does roman's son like Mikel, like the way he likes Roberto Carlos, who might come and play for chelsea just to fulfil some Richy Rich fantasy.
Re: Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career by amodu(m): 12:24pm On Jul 21, 2006
Loyika

N o one is insulting each other in here, you are in to share your opinion with everybody in the room.

i also feel the way you feel after my club CHELSEA i don not watch any other but clubs that involves nigerian players, i can die for them anyday, anytime.

so back to the issue of John Obi Mikel Mourhinho has a good plan for him and the rest of the player he as promised to make all the players happy and he said he wanted to have two players each for every position. So therefore no player will be left idle.
Re: Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career by koredey(m): 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2006
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color] smiley[size=8pt][/size]yeah 4 mikel is a wonderful player. and if he can countinue with is style of play he will be unstopable, invisible, & a great midfielder of all time,  cool  UP BLUE
Re: Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career by amodu(m): 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2006
Koredey

you are wellcome, so you be blue.
Re: Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career by Piddo(m): 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2006
My analysis is simple, That young man was ill advised. There was a position yearning for him at Man U after the departure of Roy Keane. He would have gotten all the play time required to achieve super stardom in no time. Take Rooney and Ronaldo for instance,  These guys are always on the pitch except when injured. After a couple of competitive years at Man U, I am sure Chelsea would still have gone for him. I wish him the best like we all do but I sincerely don't see him playing more than 5 games this season (as a sub ofcourse). That squad is far too loaded with "experienced " players for Mikel to get good play time.
Re: Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career by raldsfield(m): 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2006
Hope Mikel Obi doesn't change us all into Chelsea fans soon.

He has made his choice, all we can do now is seat back and support him.

Hey he is in the best premiership side.

I hope he becomes the heart of Chelsea team.

That will be good for our football image, lots of my friends down here want to see him play.
Re: Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career by Christino(m): 5:41pm On Jul 21, 2006
Let's wait and see, optimistic and patriotic of us though.
Re: Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career by lordimpaq(m): 9:14am On Jul 22, 2006
raldsfield:

Hope Mikel Obi doesn't change us all into Chelsea fans soon.

That will be good for our football image, lots of my friends down here want to see him play.

everyone wants to see him play even me,

but changing because of him, nah, then u like the player not the club,

a true supporter or fan of anyclub loves the club and the player,

for example, juve has gone down, it is now we see the true fans of juve, their level of patriotism has been tested, so far chxta and codec, have shown that, lets see if it lasts long.

and because beckham moved to real madrid, there was a small exodus of manutd fans to real madrid, now, those guys love the player not the club,

and if john utaka joined manutd and he plays fantastic football for them[b], i bet u, a mantud nigerian fanbase would skyrocket, trust me on that, [/b]
a true supporter sticks with the club ave u eva heard this before

[b], "we ride together, we die together, bad boys for life", [/b]thats how it is with me and arsenal,
Re: Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career by Jackal(m): 10:16am On Jul 22, 2006
@ Lordimpaq,
I never knew u love hip-hop or watch gangstar movies.
Club is the religion and not the players.
I am a Red Devil 4 life even Man Utd plays in the conference league.

U will be surprised at the number of people that will switch if for example, Chelsea suffers the same fate as Juventus.
Majority of 'em Chelski fans are just glory hunters.
Most of 'em moved from United to Arsenal and now to Chelsea.
Re: Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career by lordimpaq(m): 10:18am On Jul 22, 2006
for once, i agree,
Re: Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career by cabali(m): 6:42pm On Oct 02, 2006
@lordimpaq

so why do u think they started with man u!
Re: Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career by toun17(f): 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2006
[b][/b][i][/i][color=#550000][/color] im so proud of him
Re: Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career by cabali(m): 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2006
Am happy for mickel but honestly, he shoulda been to another club cos he just might burn out warming the bench often just like ma man shaun wright
Re: Mikel Obi Kicks Off Chelsea Career by chidichris(m): 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2006
walelead, u and other nigerians shld have learnt some football lessons from okocha's carrer.
Mikel is not stupid like u said. playing at the most competitive club in the world makes u very strong.
okocha for all we know was very good but we have to accept that he was always at the wrong clubs where he plays regular football.
Mikel is in chelsea and the only focus he shld have is that the work is hard there and we will appreciate the fact that it is only when the work is hard that we know the hard workers.
that God that sent him there has started the good work in him.
chelsea's coach and that of man u are world class coaches and both of them have seen something serious in the young man and they were ready to go to war for him yet nigerians never believed that the guy has what it takes.
no wonder our able Eguavon felt bad when the young man got his first award in Egypt by CAF.
woa, nigerians, all we owe this young man is prayers for progress .
go back to record all prominent players in all clubs have to wait for their time which will always come.
as i see mikel, he trusts his legs so much and he is not in a haste and i don't think he is under any form of preasure as the coach himself believe in the young man.
Mikel, na u biko

(1) (2) (Reply)

Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) / Liverpool(2) Vs Chelsea(0) On Sunday 1st February / The Green Gooner - An Arsenal Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.