Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! - Literature (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! (106026 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview / Who Do You Guys Think Is The Best Writer Here on Nairaland / Business Proposal/ Speech Writer/ Idea Consultant/ Magazine Proposal Writer Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 7:39pm On Mar 20, 2015
okwilliams:
I vote domawoleyeI vote domawoleyeI vote domawoleye
Thanks Williams
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by dupsai(f): 8:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
I vote CANDY for the best writer.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 20, 2015
I vote candy as best writer.

I vote bluestarry as d upcoming writer.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by amtalkin(f): 11:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
I vote candy 4 best writer
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by amtalkin(f): 11:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
Best New Comer DOMAWOLEYE
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by stuff46(m): 7:28am On Mar 23, 2015
I vote candy
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by flow1759: 12:39pm On Mar 23, 2015
What are the bases for qualification? Make una no vex.

Because i wonder at the unfamiliar names i hear.

Is it a clique thing?
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by hassan85(m): 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2015
Candy got my vote
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 1:16pm On Mar 26, 2015
hELLO pEOPLE, vOTINGS WOULD BE ENDING TOMORROW, 27TH maRCH AND THE RESULTS ANNOUNCED LATER. IF YOU HAVENT VOTED YET, PLEASE ENDEAVOUR TO DO SO

MY VOTES:
BEST NEW COMER:
BLUESTARRY.

WRITER OF THE MONTH
FLAKKYDGIRL

@FLOW1759
NO, ITS NOT A CLIQUE THING AT ALL, THE CRITERIA AND OTHER INFO YOU SEEK SHOULD BE ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THIS THREAD. IF THERE'S ANYTHING ELSE YOU DONT UNDERSTAND, JUST MENTION ME WITH YOUR QUESTIONS.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 26, 2015
princesa:
hELLO pEOPLE, vOTINGS WOULD BE ENDING TOMORROW, 27TH maRCH AND THE RESULTS ANNOUNCED LATER. IF YOU HAVENT VOTED YET, PLEASE ENDEAVOUR TO DO SO

MY VOTES:
BEST NEW COMER:
BLUESTARRY.

WRITER OF THE MONTH
FLAKKYDGIRL

@FLOW1759
NO, ITS NOT A CLIQUE THING AT ALL, THE CRITERIA AND OTHER INFO YOU SEEK SHOULD BE ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THIS THREAD. IF THERE'S ANYTHING ELSE YOU DONT UNDERSTAND, JUST MENTION ME WITH YOUR QUESTIONS.
wow, you voted for me? A nice feeling to know you have my name in your brain not to talk about voting for me. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Onemansquad(m): 7:12pm On Mar 26, 2015
I vote 4 mama candy
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by sammyomotola: 4:37am On Mar 27, 2015
I vote 4 candy all d way
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by CYclone1(f): 7:58am On Mar 27, 2015
I vote Candy for best writer of the month
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Divepen1(m): 8:12am On Mar 27, 2015
I vote Candy, my Mumsy ( in writing) as the best writer
I know the two newcomers but I know Domawoleye's writings well

He deserves it...

Writer of the month: Candy
Newcomer of the month: Domawoleye.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 10:00am On Mar 27, 2015
Divepen1:
I vote Candy, my Mumsy ( in writing) as the best writer
I know the two newcomers but I know Domawoleye's writings well

He deserves it...

Writer of the month: Candy
Newcomer of the month: Domawoleye.
Thanks Divepen! I feel so honoured.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 27, 2015
We are in the voting season...lols

I vote ma humble self jor...

Candy for BW of the month tongue
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by kingphilip(m): 10:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
best new comer DOMAWOLEYE

best writer
candy
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Skimpledawg(m): 12:02am On Mar 28, 2015
candy:
We are in the voting season...lols

I vote ma humble self jor...

Candy for BW of the month tongue

jxt tel ya hubby to arrange a trailer load of champagnes n wines..,ah wil do d sharing!
#udeserveitcandy
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 12:34am On Mar 28, 2015
Thank you all for voting this month and not making me lose hope for the month. Result will be announced anytime later today.

Vote right, vote without sentiments and stay out of violencesmiley
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 10:10am On Mar 30, 2015
The results please, apologies for the delay.

Best New Comer
Bluestarry - 5
Domawoleye - 23
Mollusco - none

Writer of the month.
Adegwurulez - 3
candy - 71
Simonhabby - 1
Kizzzykeziah - 2
Flakkydgirl - 1

The winners are:
Domawoleye and Candy respectively. Congratulations to you both, and I will get in touch with you both.

Thanks for those who voted still, by Wednesday we shall commence that of April.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by D9ty7(m): 10:18am On Mar 30, 2015
Congratulations Candy. But I think the gap is just too much. 71 - 3 = 68.
This was caused by the fact that voters are voting for just one writer. You all can vote three writers at once and believe me, the competition makes it a lot more interesting. The challenge is no longer there, those days when a writer will as at five days to the end of the month be trailing at No 5, only to be the eventual winner at the end of the month. But now, from the day voting starts, you know the winner.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 10:47am On Mar 30, 2015
[quote author=princesa post=32163024]The results please, apologies for the delay.

Best New Comer
Bluestarry - 5
Domawoleye - 23
Mollusco - none

Writer of the month.
Adegwurulez - 3
candy - 71
Simonhabby - 1
Kizzzykeziah - 2
Flakkydgirl - 1

The winners are:
Domawoleye and Candy respectively. Congratulations to you both, and I will get in touch with you both.

Thanks for those who voted still, by Wednesday we shall commence that of April.[/quote

wao! Wao! I feel goooood! Thanks to all my Gs that made this happen. God bless you all so much! Thanks Princea for nominating me .

1 Like

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 30, 2015
Wow!! Congrats to candy and domaleye

Princesa,if i can make a suggestion

Please,we need the list for the upcoming writers,so that we can check out their works and not vote out of sentiment

We need time to view their works, so that we can vote in time

Thanks!!
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 30, 2015
princesa:
The results please, apologies for the delay.

Best New Comer
Bluestarry - 5
Domawoleye - 23
Mollusco - none

Writer of the month.
Adegwurulez - 3
candy - 71
Simonhabby - 1
Kizzzykeziah - 2
Flakkydgirl - 1

The winners are:

Thanks for those who voted still, by Wednesday we shall commence that of April.
Wow! I am overwhelmed, really. To say we finally did it!

Thanks, princesa for keeping this alive, and thanks to the person behind all this!
Keep doing the good job.

Btw, please PM me, I will respond with a new email addy. I'm having issues with the other one. I don't want what happened last month to repeat itself *winks*

For everyone who voted for me, I can't thank you enough. I pray that God in His infinite mercy will give me and the other writers the grace, the soundness of mind and the physical well-being to continue to entertain you, and He will give you in same measure, the grace and well-being to continue to read, comprehend and comment!

I got nothing but love for you all!

1 Like

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 30, 2015
D9ty7:
Congratulations Candy. But I think the gap is just too much. 71 - 3 = 68.
This was caused by the fact that voters are voting for just one writer. You all can vote three writers at once and believe me, the competition makes it a lot more interesting. The challenge is no longer there, those days when a writer will as at five days to the end of the month be trailing at No 5, only to be the eventual winner at the end of the month. But now, from the day voting starts, you know the winner.

I think the major problem with this is awareness. Many readers and writers alike, don't know about this thread! I myself didn't get to know until late last year.

We can make this right by creating more awareness. If writers A, B, C and D creates awareness on their threads, the readers will go and vote for them. But if only A is creating awareness, they will go and vote only for A!

I hope this thread can be more popular. It's not just about the monetary gift, it's also about the euphoria of winning. Some wonderful readers have taken it upon themselves to publicise this award thread, we need more of them.

We can work towards making it more competitive from next month.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by D9ty7(m): 11:59am On Mar 30, 2015
candy:

I think the major problem with this is awareness. Many readers and writers alike, don't know about this thread! I myself didn't get to know until late last year.

We can make this right by creating more awareness. If writers A, B, C and D creates awareness on their threads, the readers will go and vote for them. But if only A is creating awareness, they will go and vote only for A!

I hope this thread can be more popular. It's not just about the monetary gift, it's also about the euphoria of winning. Some wonderful readers have taken it upon themselves to publicise this award thread, we need more of them.

We can work towards making it more competitive from next month.
I couldn't have said it any better. Aside creating awareness, voters will always be voters. I remember early this year, I went from thread to thread, explained the voting procedures i.e vote for one writer as the best newcomer. Vote three as the writer(s) of the month. People still voted for one person on each category. Some even voted in one category. I think the cause of this is simply the fact that readers have preference. The same way booklovers will always read John Grisham books and turn blind eyes to Hadley Chase books. Readers in this section have one or two writers they like and they will never check other writers out. That's the main problem. But April will be a lot better.
But seriously, Aunty you are selfish o. Kilode! You alone 71 votes, you can't even give out about 20 votes to the writer that came second. In my own opinion, I think you came 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th... As a matter of fact, you also took the last position.
Congrats once again.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by jezuzboi(m): 12:47pm On Mar 30, 2015
A big congrats 2 d March winners.
I can imagine the feeling of victory.
Kudos!
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 12:53pm On Mar 30, 2015
kitnah:

Wow!! Congrats to candy and domaleye

Princesa,if i can make a suggestion

Please,we need the list for the upcoming writers,so that we can check out their works and not vote out of sentiment

We need time to view their works, so that we can vote in time

Thanks!!
Sure, suggestions taken and please keep em coming. I will try to make the nominees available by tomorrow.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2015
D9ty7:

I couldn't have said it any better. Aside creating awareness, voters will always be voters. I remember early this year, I went from thread to thread, explained the voting procedures i.e vote for one writer as the best newcomer. Vote three as the writer(s) of the month. People still voted for one person on each category. Some even voted in one category. I think the cause of this is simply the fact that readers have preference. The same way booklovers will always read John Grisham books and turn blind eyes to Hadley Chase books. Readers in this section have one or two writers they like and they will never check other writers out. That's the main problem. But April will be a lot better.
But seriously, Aunty you are selfish o. Kilode! You alone 71 votes, you can't even give out about 20 votes to the writer that came second. In my own opinion, I think you came 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th... As a matter of fact, you also took the last position.
Congrats once again.

you're right in that aspect.
The vote this month was uni directional. What do you guys suggest? I'm very open to suggestions.

This is not my affair alone
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by jezuzboi(m): 8:28pm On Mar 30, 2015
princesa:

you're right in that aspect.
The vote this month was uni directional. What do you guys suggest? I'm very open to suggestions.

This is not my affair alone
The rule is; Vote in 1 BEST NEW COMER, & at most 3 BEST WRITER(S) for each month.
Any vote that is not in compliance with the rule should be quoted and tagged disqualified with the reason for the disqualification duly stated, and also enlightening the voter on how to vote properly in case he/she has doesn't know or has forgotten in order to make sure that the voter casts his/her vote again properly. It's gonna be much work for the one who'll handle that responsibility but might record as much result as the card reader has recorded so far in the elections. Lol.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 9:52pm On Mar 30, 2015
jezuzboi:

The rule is; Vote in 1 BEST NEW COMER, & at most 3 BEST WRITER(S) for each month.
Any vote that is not in compliance with the rule should be quoted and tagged disqualified with the reason for the disqualification duly stated, and also enlightening the voter on how to vote properly in case he/she has doesn't know or has forgotten in order to make sure that the voter casts his/her vote again properly. It's gonna be much work for the one who'll handle that responsibility but might record as much result as the card reader has recorded so far in the elections. Lol.
lol, indeed it might.

But on a serious note, I was actually thinking along that line but thought it might come out too harsh. Now that you've mentioned it, i guess its a possibility.

@d9ty7 and Divepen1, @all
please tell me what you both think
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 9:56pm On Mar 30, 2015
jezuzboi:

lol, indeed it might.

But on a serious note, I was actually thinking along that line but thought it might come out too harsh. Now that you've mentioned it, i guess its a possibility.

@d9ty7 and Divepen1, @all
please tell me what you both think

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (69) (Reply)

A New Creation. (A Story By Donkross1 And Oyinprince) / The Club a story - #nlwriters / Love Really Is Strange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.