Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,082 members, 7,814,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? (15130 Views)

You've Been Throwing Out The Healthiest Part Of Avocados Your Entire Life / Whats The Healthiest Nigerian Food ? / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 24, 2009
Olive oil.
2 tablespoon a day.

I'm not sure if Vegetable Oil is healthy, but thats what I use o
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:49am On May 25, 2009
groundnut oil, nothing makes suya any sweeter
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by bsanya(f): 12:05pm On May 25, 2009
KINGS !
GINO !!
4 the naija's
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by olelle: 11:03pm On May 29, 2009
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Bragg Brand.
Olive oil is high on calories though. Must be cooked at very low temperatures and not too long.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by rubi(f): 12:59am On Jun 01, 2009
Extra virgin olive oil is very very good and healthy
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by anayoez: 1:43am On Jun 01, 2009
soyabean oil is the best any day, anytime, anywhere no cholesterol filled with the essential vitamins and plant proteins,

Palm oil(natural) in as much as we have gotten the industrial palm oil, the natural  one is no match to any form of oil, when it is cooked in it's natural form and not when the nutritive contents have been bleached,
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by stormy98(f): 2:24pm On Jun 02, 2009
Olive oil but it's so damn expensive. Alternatively, i use vegetable oil (it's not healthy though).
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by tpia5: 7:01am On Nov 05, 2013
never heard of nigerians using animal oil to cook, sounds strange and unlikely imo.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Incrizz(f): 4:58pm On Nov 10, 2013
SUN FLOWER OIL -no cholesterol wink
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by mariM(f): 11:21am On Nov 12, 2013
Any oil without cholesterol is good for the body.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by firestar(f): 4:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
Canola oil I've discovered, is economical.
Moringa too.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by 4tunebest(f): 8:13am On Jan 07, 2014
firestar: Canola oil I've discovered, is economical.
Moringa too.

Canola oil is actually the best (same in rank or second, only to olive oil). It has a very high smoke point; much better than soybean oil.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by firestar(f): 10:37am On Jan 07, 2014
Yes it is. Also 0% cholesterol.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
Canola oil isn't healthy for cooking. Olive oil isn't either; it's much
healthier to put it in food without heating it. When cooking with
oil, Coconut oil IS the healthiest oil to use.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by 4tunebest(f): 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
Yield: Canola oil isn't healthy for cooking. Olive oil isn't either; it's much
healthier to put it in food without heating it. When cooking with
oil, Coconut oil IS the healthiest oil to use.

Although coconut oil is low in cholesterol, it isnt healthier than canola or olive oil which are much lower in cholesterol. Any oil which is extremely high in saturated fat as coconut oil isnt heart friendly and so, isnt considered healthy
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
4tunebest:

Although coconut oil is low in cholesterol, it isnt healthier than canola or olive oil which are much lower in cholesterol. Any oil which is extremely high in saturated fat as coconut oil isnt heart friendly and so, isnt considered healthy
Nah, not true. I had a talk with a a Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist two weeks ago and both confirmed it. Canola oil and olive oil are both cheap, but not healthy. As for olive oil, like I said, it's best to put it/sprinkle it in food, as you get the benefits from it that way, not when heated. Coconut oil trumps both.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by 4tunebest(f): 10:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
Yield:
Canola oil and olive oil are both cheap, but not healthy. Coconut oil trumps both.

I would have stated my opinion on the quoted part of your post but I dont engage in 'e-arguments'. It is a free world my sister, to each one his own.
Re: What Is The Healthiest Cooking Oil You Use? by UyiIredia(m): 8:02am On Jan 09, 2014
Una dey confyse person so ! Till then it's Gino and palm oil.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recipe For Ofada Rice / Ways To Catch A Chicken / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Fish Roll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.