Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers (27250 Views)

MTN Latest Codes For Data And Calls, 500 Naira for 500MB and lots more / How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom Service Providers / Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Ayorh4you(m): 12:49am On Jul 10, 2014
They picked Akanni up one morning
Beat him soft like clay
And stuffed him down the belly
Of a waiting jeep.
What business of mine is it
So long they don't take the yam
From my savouring mouth?
They came one night
Booted the whole house awake
And dragged Danladi out,
Then off to a lengthy absence.
From my savouring mouth?
Chinwe went to work one day
Only to find her job was gone:
No query, no warning, no probe -
Just one neat sack for a stainless record.
From my savouring mouth?
And then one evening
As I sat down to eat my yam
A knock on the door froze my hungry hand.
The jeep was waiting on my bewildered lawn
Waiting, waiting in its usual silence.

5 Likes

Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by passionate88: 12:49am On Jul 10, 2014
No b say dm go even gi persin free airtime o, na so dm send me sms last year December say when I recharge #200 nd above, dm go gi me 100% bonus of d recharge, my brothers till now wey I dey type this post, I never see 0.01 kobo from MTN... Buncha thieves
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by pendusky(m): 12:52am On Jul 10, 2014
colonel20:
I tried it this morning, unfortunately after sending me a removal acknowledgment text, I got more messages from 5011,5021,5022

Modified... 2 more messages from 5031 angry
grin grin from fry pan to fire

3 Likes

Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by barackodam: 1:02am On Jul 10, 2014
chuxyz: All these network operators will come to a lawless country as Nigeria and do anyhow they like. Are they really doing all these in other countries? NCC should look into this. There should be a regulation on how they send all these unwanted messages. I receive not less than 10 of these messages per day. Most times they send a particular 3times in a day. Another thing is that they don't even care to know if such message is suitable to the a particular set of the general public. How should MTN for instance be sending a muslim to download prayers by Pastor Chris or Adeboye? That is total disturbance I tell you. They should categorize their audience, know what is suitable for who, know who or who wants this and does not want that, etc.

Did I hia u mention NCC. Ncc is part of dem naa.

U.s.eless body

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by slightlyMad(f): 1:09am On Jul 10, 2014
airtel will even call you everyday with 07080604008
height of madness and all ncc can do is defend them.
thanks jare OP, i go port go mtn then
rubbish country.
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by emyndukwe: 1:26am On Jul 10, 2014
Pls this 33111 will it also stop bank alert?
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by emyndukwe: 1:28am On Jul 10, 2014
Pls will this stop bank alert for mtn users?
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Everfrank(m): 2:02am On Jul 10, 2014
Cool.
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Godsknight(m): 4:51am On Jul 10, 2014
kekakuz: why would I use a phone to remove my sperm
no way.
my future wife needs it
is there any correlation btw d topic and ur comment? Young man, use ur brain for a second!
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Godsknight(m): 4:52am On Jul 10, 2014
kekakuz: why would I use a phone to remove my sperm
no way.
my future wife needs it
is there any correlation btw d topic and ur comment? Young man, use ur brain @ least for a second!
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Natural1986(m): 4:53am On Jul 10, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: wonderful work op, i followed your explanation and it worked but the problem now is that these network providers now call me on phone oooooooo angry

any remedy to that

FTC

interested in online importation business QUOTE ME

#interested
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Emmysteve(m): 5:38am On Jul 10, 2014
miracle4: This already seems to be the new trend in town, GSM Operators have assumed the position of spammers and marketing experts. Hardly can one have a peaceful 24hrs without getting those unwanted, unsolicited and extremely annoying text messages and calls from Telecom Service Providers.
As the yeah draws closer to a halt, we have figured out some really helpful insight to help you put this silly trend under control.

What seems to work already with “MTN Nigeria” Subscribers

Prior to this time, we have discussed in details (link here) what seems to be a solution to Nigerian subscribers using the MTN services.

What works for every other Mobile Telecom Service Providers

This set of solutions should work for you irrespective of your mobile telecommunication services provider. It takes into account; apps, tips and tricks to put this annoying marketing campaigns under control.

Using Nigerian based telecom services providers for example, you should already be familiar with these frequent occurring numbers; 4100 (usually from mtn), 4040, 8888 (usually from glo) and 8181 (usually from airtel).

These numbers don’t matter much, all you need do is to take note of the numbers that is frequently used by the telecom services providers as you will be making use of it in the proceeding step below .

Now that you have identified the numbers?

Now that you have figured out the regular culprits, blocking them completely will no longer be an issue. In this part of our tutorial, we are going to list out 3 proven methods to blocking this numbers from calling or texting your line.

1. By Using Apps

This method will only work with smartphones, tabs and phablets. It is achieved by installing recommended mobile apps based on your mobile phone operating system.

For Symbian – There is NetQin Mobile Security 5.0
For Android – There is call control
For iOS – There is iBlacklist
For Blackberry – There is call blocker pro & Call Control Too

Now that you have installed the proper apps based on your mobile operating system, you need launch and locate the blacklist options, then add all the offending numbers to the blacklist and save.

2. By Using Apps with support for Auto-blacklisting and Community Blacklist features

If you aren’t using your number for bank related activities, installing and activating this kinda apps should be the best option for you as it will block all private text messages, anonymous calls and SMS or calls from short code numbers and/or unknown sources.

Calls and Messages from Spammers,telemarketers, debt collectors, marketers, politicians, advertisers and other unsolicited calls’ offenders will be automatically blocked when this feature is turned on.

There are fewer apps with support for this feature for most mobile phone OS except for android that has a handful of such already including call blocker and Mr Number.

3. By Using the in-built phone Functions

Most phones including features phones has the feature to manually add numbers to your blacklist or “do not disturb” category. For smaller Samsung Java, Chinese Phones, Most Nokia and other feature phones that comes with this option, the settings can be found under settings ==> phone ==>Calls ==> blacklist, screen list or “do not disturb”.

For Samsung Smartphones, Tecno Android , Gionee Android, HTC and other brands that comes with this feature, the settings can be easily located by going to ==> contacts ==> click on the number you wanna block (or manually create a group containing this disturbing numbers)==> click for more options and locate reject list or similar. For most android smartphones with this feature, you can also ==> tap and hold the number you wanna block from your call log list ==> select add to reject list or similar.

[size=17pt]Article Source[/size]
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by miracle4(m): 5:54am On Jul 10, 2014
emyndukwe: Pls this 33111 will it also stop bank alert?
emyndukwe: Pls will this stop bank alert for mtn users?
Bank alert? Not at all, are you looking for ways to stop getting bank alert on your phone?
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by miracle4(m): 5:57am On Jul 10, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: wonderful work op, i followed your explanation and it worked but the problem now is that these network providers now call me on phone oooooooo angry

any remedy to that

FTC

interested in online importation business QUOTE ME
you can add the number they normally use to call you to your phone's blacklist
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by colonel20: 6:21am On Jul 10, 2014
pendusky:
grin grin from fry pan to fire
Surprisingly, they've not disturbed me for the past 12hrs. Seems it's working. Can't wait to start anticipating messages again wink

2 Likes

Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by omenka(m): 6:45am On Jul 10, 2014
Thanks for this op. Just about everyday I call the CC to reprimand them over those annoying spam msgs. They then text saying the problem has been resolved only to get same again coupla minutes later. Drives me nuts!!
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Mr9iceGuy(m): 7:07am On Jul 10, 2014
miracle4: What kinda device are ya using?

motorola,sometimes nokia 3310,in dry season I use sendo

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by snadguy007(m): 7:27am On Jul 10, 2014
Most tyms those messages dont have numbers, all u see is just MTN, how do we block those messages ??
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by josite: 7:41am On Jul 10, 2014
i just called mtn on 180,threathen them with a law suit and i was assured my line will be removed from their valued added nuisance and really it was done.ive been sleeping so well now.can u imagine mtn calling all those nonsense texts value added services.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by kekakuz(m): 7:44am On Jul 10, 2014
Godsknight: is there any correlation btw d topic and ur comment? Young man, use ur brain @ least for a second!

no I wount
av got better thing to use it for

ode
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by kekakuz(m): 7:48am On Jul 10, 2014
OgidiOlu3:

When do I get to laugh? undecided
when your dull brain tells you to
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Nsonaso(m): 8:05am On Jul 10, 2014
miracle4:
For Android – There is call control
iPhone - iBlocker
Bro please can you recommend a good app for Android and iPhone that those that job perfectly because I've tried some nd it's not working... Except MIUI ROM or MIUI Lite/EXPRESS that does it perfectly... But sometimes MIUI looks boring to me because not all my apps icons are optimized for the UI
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by sammydon24: 8:05am On Jul 10, 2014
Tanks dude,it worked for now
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by mystiqueDZ(f): 8:06am On Jul 10, 2014
Oh thank you!!mtn have dealt with me seriously....imagine getting textssssss in the midnight.ndi ara!

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by miracle4(m): 8:21am On Jul 10, 2014
snadguy007: Most tyms those messages dont have numbers, all u see is just MTN, how do we block those messages ??

The apps do have option to completely block unknown (all private names will be blocked) callers and text messages. This option will only affect you getting notification from your bank.

So it is best activated on your secondary sims.
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by snadguy007(m): 8:37am On Jul 10, 2014
miracle4: The apps do have option to completely block unknown (all private names will be blocked) callers and text messages. This option will only affect you getting notification from your bank.

So it is best activated on your secondary sims.
Alrite.......U do well
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by emyndukwe: 9:09am On Jul 10, 2014
Here is there reply to me *********You will be removed from our campaign database within 24hrs. Thank you
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Appswheel(m): 9:16am On Jul 10, 2014
I just visited your blog. Welldone!
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 10, 2014
Pls. Need that of etidalat n Glo.
Thanks for the info.
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Deeman87: 10:15am On Jul 10, 2014
Kk4: Thank you so much op. May the almighty God bless you tunu. But how can I stop the centenary sms 35777. They hv killed me with unwanted msg
Text STOP SET to 35777
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by adioolayi(m): 10:18am On Jul 10, 2014
I blocked incoming calls from airtel 07080604010 , but the number resisted the blockage...I tire ooo
Re: How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers by Kk4(m): 10:51am On Jul 10, 2014
Deeman87: Text STOP SET to 35777
Thanks G

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mtn To Mtn Free Call And Data. / The Nokia 6: Price And Full Specifications / List Of Android Phones With 4GB Ram Launched In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.