Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Idleness After Youth Service. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Idleness After Youth Service. (5659 Views)

I Am Tired Of Joblessness And Idleness / Idleness Is Tearing Me Apart / Uncommon Job Offer.(idleness After Graduation Is Incompetency) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by whytepawn1(m): 10:27am On Aug 08, 2014
Dammysweet: i also passed out on the 5th of june though i'v a job that i'm doing now but i'm not happy because i think i still need time to relax after the nysc stress. i'v always wanted to start work by september or october but the fear of being jobless if i resign is the beginning of wisdom. nothing is easy in this country my fellow ex-corpers
you should be glad you have something doing, there is Nothing fun in staying idle.

1 Like

Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by Valmesk(m): 10:46am On Aug 08, 2014
This is a pathetic situation,It's not your fault but you can't continue to be leaving in self pity,pls try out these tips(1) register for the Federal Government Graduate Internship Program,if luck comes your way,you will be linked to a firm for a training stipend monthly,(2)As Secondary Schools will be reopening by September,there will be vacancies within and outside your environment,apply and start from there,also start a tutorial class,this is to keep you busy while you go for your job hunting,(3)Have you ever taught of self employment,there are many needs in our environment that are not attended to,its just for you to study your environment or the one nearby,discover a service you can offer that is not existing or done in the wrong way,start it,package it very well,i tell you, you will for ever love to be your own boss.

5 Likes

Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by MissJennifer(f): 3:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
whytepawn1: have you gotten something doing lady Jennifer?..

Not yet,how about you?
Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
I've got less than 7months left to serve(batchA), started my own lil importation business & also applying for jobs too... I noticed teaching jobs re readily available, will advice y'all to start frm dere... Nothing is too small oo.

1 Like

Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by obiscolly(m): 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2014
@MissJennifer, So many are in that situation, myself inclusive. Infact, if you secure a job within the first three months after service, count yourself as VERY lucky and give glory to God. This is my sixth.
I'm convinced it's all for a while and we'll smile at last. Just find anything doing to develop yourself pending when you get the job.

Persistence is key!

1 Like

Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by MissJennifer(f): 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
obiscolly: @MissJennifer, So many are in that situation, myself inclusive. Infact, if you secure a job within the first three months after service, count yourself as VERY lucky and give glory to God. This is my sixth.
I'm convinced it's all for a while and we'll smile at last. Just find anything doing to develop yourself pending when you get the job.

Persistence is key!

Thank you dear, we share our testimonies very soon IJN!
Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by obiscolly(m): 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
MissJennifer:

Thank you dear, we share our testimonies very soon IJN!
Amen smiley

1 Like

Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by whytepawn1(m): 6:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
MissJennifer:

Not yet,how about you?
same here. still surfing and applying.

1 Like

Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by MissJennifer(f): 8:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
whytepawn1: same here. still surfing and applying.

Don't be discouraged, very soon something will click
Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by whytepawn1(m): 9:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
MissJennifer:

Don't be discouraged, very soon something will click
I like the sound of that. thanks alot, very soon all this will be history, we will look back ,reminisce and smile. #life =hope.
Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by MissJennifer(f): 2:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
whytepawn1: I like the sound of that. thanks alot, very soon all this will be history, we will look back ,reminisce and smile. #life =hope.

Exactly.Then we'll encourage others, cos we know how it feels
Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by whytepawn1(m): 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2014
MissJennifer:

Exactly.Then we'll encourage others, cos we know how it feels
yes, can't wait for that day when I will say bye to the unemployment market... on the lighter side,hope you didn't bathe with salt solution the other day?
Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by whytepawn1(m): 4:01pm On Aug 09, 2014
Valmesk: This is a pathetic situation,It's not your fault but you can't continue to be leaving in self pity,pls try out these tips(1) register for the Federal Government Graduate Internship Program,if luck comes your way,you will be linked to a firm for a training stipend monthly,(2)As Secondary Schools will be reopening by September,there will be vacancies within and outside your environment,apply and start from there,also start a tutorial class,this is to keep you busy while you go for your job hunting,(3)Have you ever taught of self employment,there are many needs in our environment that are not attended to,its just for you to study your environment or the one nearby,discover a service you can offer that is not existing or done in the wrong way,start it,package it very well,i tell you, you will for ever love to be your own boss.
applied for the FG internship stuff ,still waiting to hear from them. teaching is not a bad idea, that too Is already in the pipeline. Self employment sounds easy but it doesn't really materialize that quick, it depends on the environment one stays. God help us.

1 Like

Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 10, 2014
Cashier 12k,.location Oshodi, knowledge of sport an advantage call 070857495.

1 Like

Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ticketing officer- 08069208283.

1 Like

Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
Murrphy waters is currently recruiting for :
Customer care representative :#40000
Factory workers:#30000
Packagers Drivers :#30000
Motor boys :#25000
Interested persons should contact
08144727171 for details

1 Like

Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by enesty(m): 12:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
Pls I just finished service too and would love to start this importation bisness,pls how do I go about it and also am abuja based,thanks
Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by whytepawn1(m): 2:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
thanks for the post, would be grateful if jobs domiciled in kaduna is posted.
Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by liliangmail(f): 3:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
location of d job advert is important....location?
Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by MissJennifer(f): 3:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
whytepawn1: yes, can't wait for that day when I will say bye to the unemployment market... on the lighter side,hope you didn't bathe with salt solution the other day?

Lol,nah.......It jus did not sound right to me, am I the only one that's not frightened? how about you,did you bathe with it?
Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by martinz1: 4:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
Getting job is a job in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by whytepawn1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
MissJennifer:

Lol,nah.......It jus did not sound right to me, am I the only one that's not frightened? how about you,did you bathe with it?
I didn't bathe with it. was startled from sleep with phone calls very early in the morning.. it sounded rather ludicrous to Me. but I can assure you that more half of the populace did perform the "ritual " of salt water bathe.
Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by oyeludef(m): 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
Actually im a fresh graduate goin for nysc by novembr but i promised myself never to sit at home. i discovered dat those private sec schools r under staffed so i didnt face any problm getin a job there(d day i submitted my cv i knew i wld strt workin there) . even though d pay isnt anytin fr a degree holder i see it as a rehabilitation process cos (secondary schl is different frm uni where all we did was la cram la pour) GMAT questions r based on what i teach nd i give my best knowin it will surely payoff someday. in summary get a flexible teachin job while u r still hopin for dat dream job

2 Likes

Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by whytepawn1(m): 6:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
oyeludef: Actually im a fresh graduate goin for nysc by novembr but i promised myself never to sit at home. i discovered dat those private sec schools r under staffed so i didnt face any problm getin a job there(d day i submitted my cv i knew i wld strt workin there) . even though d pay isnt anytin fr a degree holder i see it as a rehabilitation process cos (secondary schl is different frm uni where all we did was la cram la pour) GMAT questions r based on what i teach nd i give my best knowin it will surely payoff someday. in summary get a flexible teachin job while u r still hopin for dat dream job
I feel you.
Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by MissJennifer(f): 8:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
whytepawn1: I didn't bathe with it. was startled from sleep with phone calls very early in the morning.. it sounded rather ludicrous to Me. but I can assure you that more half of the populace did perform the "ritual " of salt water bathe.

Very true, aside from me and my dad who didn't believe, every other person in my house did it.....lol
Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by whytepawn1(m): 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
MissJennifer:

Very true, aside from me and my dad who didn't believe, every other person in my house did it.....lol
lol....my siblings too did fall for the prank. funny how rumour travel in this country. well safe practices like frequent washing of hands with alcohol based Sanitizer wouldn't be out of place. take care.. especially if you are resident in Lagos.
Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
United Nations (UN) in June 2013 put Nigeria's population at 174million. Of this, the number of those in youthful age bracket is put at 68million with a staggering 41.5million unemployed and. 4.5million entering the labour market annually. The most important consideration for the few vacancies declared now is who the applicant's godfather is rather than the skills, competence, experience or qualifications. Source Vanguard, Monday, August 11, 2014.
Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by whytepawn1(m): 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
artisticallyart: United Nations (UN) in June 2013 put Nigeria's population at 174million. Of this, the number of those in youthful age bracket is put at 68million with a staggering 41.5million unemployed and. 4.5million entering the labour market annually. The most important consideration for the few vacancies declared now is who the applicant's godfather is rather than the skills, competence, experience or qualifications. Source Vanguard, Monday, August 11, 2014.
aint that scary... all the same, we are survivors and we shall overcome.
Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by joeace2020(m): 5:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
if you have a laptop and love to write... join Google fiverr.com. Find out how you can register and start offering your service on it. Visit fivercycle.biz as well as join the fiverr marketing forum on facebook. 5 months after service, living in lagos far from home, i fend for myself and have recently purchased almost all my music studio equipments with the music side expected to start buzzing soon. I couldn't have had life easier

1 Like

Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by ghostwritter(m): 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
I've got one more month to go from service.....I'M SCARED!!!!! undecided
Re: Idleness After Youth Service. by whytepawn1(m): 7:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
joeace2020: if you have a laptop and love to write... join Google fiverr.com. Find out how you can register and start offering your service on it. Visit fivercycle.biz as well as join the fiverr marketing forum on facebook. 5 months after service, living in lagos far from home, i fend for myself and have recently purchased almost all my music studio equipments with the music side expected to start buzzing soon. I couldn't have had life easier
wow, this sounds good. if you could furnish me with more info, will appreciate. what do you guys write about..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Entry Level Salary For LIRS And Ministry Of Commerce, Lagos / Get An Oil And Gas City And Guilds Certification In Nigeria / I Need 5 Peeps With Bsc 2:2, With Proficiency In 2 Local Languages! URGENT!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.