Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,380 members, 7,861,047 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:05 PM

#bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn (15473 Views)

CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina / SHOCK As #bringbackourgirls Founder Gets A Pat On The Back From Buhari / Security Forces Burst Boko Haram Intelligence Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by biomedixexcel(m): 6:48am On Jul 10, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:50am On Jul 10, 2014
blizard44: Ma'am Ogar, I hold it that you're clueless and only dancing to the heat arising from the pressure orchestracted by the Northern political film-makers and their rented crowds via the BBOG campaign....

It's all a waste of time and fund.

No Girls Were Kidnapped!
Why are you this adamant? Even GEJ himself has accepted the fact that girls were kidnapped based on the report of the presidential committee. what are you trying to prove? If indeed no girl were kidnapped then GEJ goverment stands indicted for gross ineptitude .

2 Likes

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by BrokenTV: 6:51am On Jul 10, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
this sounds so stewpid! why am I doing this to myself na!
You need psychiatric help.
Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by lummiedee: 6:53am On Jul 10, 2014
Ogar is right, they are being paid to protest.
Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:57am On Jul 10, 2014
ademega: Why are they this so much concerned about different protesting groups than bringing back the girls . When u bring back the girls all protest automatically dissolve . But i guess the only energy left is to attack the protesters who are not all bad and cut across towns ,cities within and outside Nigeria .
I wonder o!
Is this how Nigeria want to match through the 21st century ? By having leaders who never want to be held responsible for anything ? Leaders who are always pointing fingers at the opposition for everything that goes wrong ? I shake my head for the black race !

3 Likes

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by udemzyudex(m): 7:01am On Jul 10, 2014
spot on..

This people know exactly what they are doing,the white supporting the #bringbackourgirls thing,have stop because they discovered that no girl was actually missing. The USA know this,that was why till this moment they have not seen these girls.

Oga GEJ knew this,that was why he didn't put much interest in this until he was pressured to do so..

We are not blind,at least we can reason well and can aslo differntiate between what is good and bad.

they know the issue is dying,thats why they doing everything possible to bring up the matter,today you will hear that some children were rescue and tomorrow hunters rescued the girls yet we don't see their pic,the other day they said 63 women escape from bokoharam and i wonder if its that easy to escape from your captor,knowing how deadly this people are..

Anyway,let the season film continue,i still dey watch.

3 Likes

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:04am On Jul 10, 2014
BrokenTV:
You need psychiatric help.

Okay....things are getting clearer now . You are one of the computer-savvy GEJ arse-lickers , hun ? why did you forge my comment to suit your dastardly purpose ? how did you get into my account ? You are a thieve , BrokenTV, just like your masters! may Sango strike you dead !!!

3 Likes

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by Wisdytech(m): 7:10am On Jul 10, 2014
DSS! I Pray o
Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by dustydee: 7:17am On Jul 10, 2014
The SSS is now becoming partisan. Where was she when the campaigners warned the public not to donate money to anyone on behalf of the #bringbackourgirls campaign? I remember they warned that fraudsters were soliciting for funds from the unsuspecting public. The SSS and other security agencies failed to make any arrest and weeks later turned around to accuse the organizers of having an account and soliciting for funds. These people make me sick a times. Do your job and stop trying to please some people for personal interests.

7 Likes

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by BrokenTV: 7:19am On Jul 10, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

Okay....things are getting clearer now . I am one of the online paid agent arse-lickers , hun ? why did I forge my comment to suit my dastardly purpose ? how did I get into my account ? I am a thieve , Oduduwa boy , just like my masters! may Sango and Amadioha strike me dead !!!
Someone should send this rage savage lunatic to yabaleft before he quench.
Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:21am On Jul 10, 2014
Professionalism has been bästardized by those trying to cover the cluelessness of GEJ. First, it was the ICPC chairman saying stealing is not corruption after the President made that blunder on a live transmission. Now, it is Merilyn Ogar saying the motive of the #BringBackOurGirls is not genuine. Is this not the same woman that said Shekau is dead?

7 Likes

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by angela98(f): 7:22am On Jul 10, 2014
Very embarrassing that all this is happening in my naija. Hope your facts are right Marilyn. lipsrsealed
Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 10, 2014
Who can get me the Marylin number.. I submitted my credentials at.. ermmm tell her to call me
Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by jaypee100: 7:37am On Jul 10, 2014
I would want to ask a functional question.
that is. Of all the protest ,, what hv we gained?. The bringback our girl compaige is a complexity to the effort of the security agencies to finding and rescuring the girls. The compaign is diversionary sponsored by intrest groups to stellmate the early release of the girls..
The compaigners shd go to Borno state gov
The school principal.
The home mistress and ask for the girl. Not remine in Abuja thousands of kilometers where the problem is. Thery say if you want to solve a problem: get to the root of the matter. ladies and gentlemen, Borno is the root.
Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by wellmax(m): 7:41am On Jul 10, 2014
GenWOJUOLA: At first dey said dere was no kidnap, "it was stage planned by the opposition.." boko haram corrected them, then, "the #bringbackourgirls protest is sponsored by d opposition..." Michelle Obama corrected them, later we saw "boko haram is being financed by anti-GEJites..." America corrected them, now we are seeing "#bringbackourgirls protesters have sinister motives..." chei, all dese lies u people are sharin @ DSS, diaris God ooo, diaris God oooo

grin grin grin Spot on

3 Likes

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by Demdem(m): 7:42am On Jul 10, 2014
Very foolish talk from this witch.
If the girls have been rescued, will there even be protests at all? Rescue the girls first and see if the protest will continue.

4 Likes

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by fasbat(m): 7:44am On Jul 10, 2014
iterator25: Abuja - Marilyn Ogar, of the Department of
State Services (DSS), said the motive of the
various groups protesting and mounting
pressure on the Federal Government to free
the Chibok girls were not genuine.
Ogar, spokesperson of DSS stated this on
Wednesday while responding to a question
at the National Information Centre on
whether the groups had a franchise to
protest.
“I think you are right if you refer to the
group as a franchise, security forces know
exactly what they are up to.
“If it is an ordinary movement seeking to put
pressure on government and security forces
to release these girls, there will be no need
for the groups to have tags.
“Insisting that you must have a tag, you
must be properly registered.
“Security forces know that they have bank
account, they also know that they want to
go to Asokoro extension to simulate
movement that they are marching into
Sambisa and Chibok,’’ she said.
Ogar further alleged that the group had
arranged and brought in some foreign media
to cover the false march.
She said that security forces were also
aware that the groups had brought in some
foreign experts to come and teach them how
to beat security operations when they
demonstrate.
“We also know that they have divided
themselves into groups and zones, giving
each other specific assignments.
“When there is a genuine struggle, it must
be done transparently, no need for you to
ask people to register, who is a member or
not, and to pay monthly dues, I mean it is
getting very ridiculous.
“You do not go and hire people to claim
parenthood of a child that they did not give
birth to, so it is a franchise, we know,’’ she
said.
Ogar accused the groups of carrying smear
campaign against certain government
officials, adding that they were aware that
they paid visit prominent people soliciting
funds. (NAN)

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/bringbackourgirls-security-forces-know-motive-marilyn/
APC is behind them, Madam Ogar?
Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by nkpommpko(m): 7:46am On Jul 10, 2014
Bokoharam has exposed the inadequacies of our security agencies, an immediate upgrade is needed urgently!!!

4 Likes

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by texazzpete(m): 7:56am On Jul 10, 2014
And we know who the SSS are. Incompetent failures that have failed in their responsibility to protect Nigerians.

Such a shame that a Nigerian security agency that is funded by taxpayers money will always turn around to attack taxpayers. She sure had no comments to make when that Twitter user was illegally detained for tweeting about the SSS base attack.

4 Likes

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by platz(m): 8:09am On Jul 10, 2014
is that all
Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by BotherMleeper(m): 8:26am On Jul 10, 2014
This fat bloated and piss ugly old hag is at it again. Sometimes I wonder whether these people, with all their Harvard MBAs and so called training abroad are actually insane. This witch doesn't know that she works for the Nigerian people and not the Nigerian government, abi? OK assuming they are sponsored, they are registered, they have bank accounts etc. Sounds like a committed pressure group. Even in the great US (which is always our point if reference) pressure groups are political and funded.

I mean, politicians run the show, so counter pressures must be political to succeed.

And shouldn't their greater concern be freeing those darn girls?

DSS fail#

6 Likes

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by Ahuitzotl: 8:27am On Jul 10, 2014
She is already statin the obvious as it is an open secret the hashtag is the brainchild of the APC propaganda machine headed and very well funded by thieffnubu who owns considerable media interests.A classic case of synchronization as one well funded APC wing goes on a murderous spree,the other propagates these actions,a larger context to that which is #bringbackourgirls…All in the efforts to bring down the Government of the day for parochial interests...

1 Like

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by usten: 8:35am On Jul 10, 2014
when people say the kidnap is staged,the same people should also say the bomb blasts are staged...any thing our security agencies say,i take it with a pinch of salt...the same agency said 90% of the girls where recovered the day after the were kidnapped...last week soldiers burnt buses in Lagos and what we heard :the area boys are responsible ....

4 Likes

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by femikay149(m): 8:39am On Jul 10, 2014
blizard44: Ma'am Ogar, I hold it that you're clueless and only dancing to the heat arising from the pressure orchestracted by the Northern political film-makers and their rented crowds via the BBOG campaign....

It's all a waste of time and fund.

No Girls Were Kidnapped!

People like u needs to be sacrificed to boko haram

1 Like

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by HAH: 8:44am On Jul 10, 2014
The very day SSS started giving press conference ,and riding in branded vehicles intelligence went to the dogs.

Don't be surprised may be SSS these days carry complimentary cards. All in the class struggle with other agencies and corruption.

I remember the good old days when no one knows who is SSS sometimes they even turn to madmen,

The present day SSS are just a branch of PDP. Very partisan

6 Likes

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by indoorlove(m): 8:44am On Jul 10, 2014
me think you should have put more effort to bring back those girls before crying fowl

3 Likes

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by sainty2k3(m): 9:08am On Jul 10, 2014
Our SSS has spent so much time and energy to find out details about the protest and the protesters while they spend less on finding chibok Girls or preventing the multiple explosions in Abuja so far

2 Likes

Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by porka: 9:30am On Jul 10, 2014
oduastates: This one sound like a tomato seller in upper iweala or at mile -12 market spreading village square gossip than a top spy.
Maybe all the oyinbo people protesting abroad are fake as well.
For the clueless literates I referred to in my post last night ,simply read the comment above me.
pathetic really.

Ogbeni, always do a simple study of anything before you come to your conclusion.

It's better that way.

Oyinbo have used our simple mindedness to do mischief and make money for millennia.

Oyinbo people protesting abroad all have their various motives; some very egregious, some political, some for business etc.

Don't bank on these guys much my friend.

Imagine how much this woman has raised using Nigerian girls "plight".

When you read this woman's story, you won't be surprised the role CNN played (and still playing) in the Chibok, "abduction tales."

Oga, if you do not know, you better know now, Chibok girls "kidnapping" is one of the greatest conspiracies in human history.

http://powderroom.jezebel.com/how-ramaa-mosley-and-girl-rising-tried-to-co-opt-a-move-1574111776

How Ramaa Mosley And Girl Rising Tried To Co-Opt A Movement

NinjaCate
Filed to: BRINGBACKOURGIRLS
RAMAA MOSLEY
5/09/14 2:21pm

Ramaa Mosley, a film director and documentarian, gave several interviews (on ABC, CNN and MSNBC that we know of so far, though reports have mentioned interviews on NPR and ET as well) claiming credit for launching the hashtag #BringBackOurGirls and starting a global movement. I've previously written about this here and here, but here's the information all in one place.

Video: US Mom's Social Media Push to Save Nigerian Kidnapping Victims

Ramaa Mosley didn't even know what a hashtag was before using #BringBackOurGirls.

Read on abcnews.​go.​com

The story was framed as a "simple LA mom, who didn't even know what a hashtag was(!) was so moved by the story that she decided she HAD TO DO SOMETHING."

Despite the fact that twitter's own analytics tools, as well as several other sources made it clear that the hashtag was in fact created in Nigeria, by Ibrahim M. Abdullahi and largely amplified by Dr. Oby Ezekwesili, and her 126K followers, Mosley shamelessly positioned herself as the leader of a movement.

Twitter users who had been actively promoting the hashtag in the United States and pushing for greater US coverage for several weeks prior, quickly took notice of the fraud, and brought attention to it.

The Most Obvious Co-opting of #BringBackOurGirls I've Seen Yet
It's great that she wanted to help in some way, and it's awesome that she really is…

With research, twitter users were able to discover that Ramaa Mosley was not the "simple LA mom" she was presenting herself as, but rather a documentarian with a film to promote entitled Girl Rising for which she received $500K from CNN. The movie will be screening on CNN on Sunday night. According to the Wall Street Journal:

The complex web behind the origin of the #BringBackOurGirls hashtag

The real tale of how a Twitter hashtag grew into a rallying call for more than 200 Nigerian…

In fact, Ms. Mosley also helped direct the film "Girl Rising," a well-received documentary about the global struggle to educate girls, and her effort to draw attention to the kidnappings is part of a push by The Documentary Group, a for-profit company, to promote the project world-wide.

CNN Films paid $500,000 last year for three years' rights to the film, and will air it again on CNN International this weekend.

CNN had no comment.

Further research showed that Tom Yellin, the executive producer of Girl Rising was also an executive at ABC News.

Now, to add insult to injury, Ramaa Mosley and Girl Rising are actively soliciting fraudulent donations in the name of #BringBackOurGirls. Girl Rising has already collected almost $14K dollars in donations.

The BBOG movement is in fact, NOT raising funds, as it is completely self funded.

Dr. Oby Ezekwesili has repeatedly called out both Ramaa Mosley and Girl Rising for their fraudulent fundraising, but there has been no response from either party.

Why should any of this matter? It matters because almost 300 Nigerian girls have been kidnapped and possibly sold into sexual slavery, and a US based documentarian felt that it was appropriate to capitalize on the real pain being felt by hundreds of families to promote her project. These girls are experiencing something that many of us cannot fathom, while she uses it as a springboard to her payday.

Holly Gordon, founder of the Girl Rising project, was quoted as saying that "the Nigeria kidnappings provide "an important moment for us to promote our film."

This is not okay. It is yet another incident to add to the long list of ways that white feminism tramples over black women in its journey to the top.

This Is What I Mean When I Say "White Feminism"
Well this is a post I've been meaning to write for a while.

Not only did Ramaa Mosely use this tragedy to boost her career, she did so under false pretenses, and with the full complicity of at least two major news networks.

It cannot be allowed to continue.

Update: Ramaa gave another interview with Larry Elder where she perpetuated her fraud, and also appeared on Katie Couric to do the same. Even in the face of massive backlash, she is doubling down.
Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by zicky(m): 9:30am On Jul 10, 2014
Ok madame Ogar we agree, d protest is not genuine, dey are sponsored by the opposition, dey are blah blah blah, and the only way to stop dem is to #bringbackourgirls
Re: #bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn by pheesayor(m): 9:30am On Jul 10, 2014
Since the kidnap of the Chibok girls and the beginning of the #BringBackOurGirls protests, the FG has hired crowd to protest against the protest(LOL), it failed, they payed touts to intimidate and even threaten protesters, it failed, used police to intimidate, it failed, used threat & bomb scare it failed.Now outright lies.It will also FAIL

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Update Of Igbo Traders/yoruba Hudlums And Agberos / NNPC Has Flooded Ejigbo Depot With Fuel - IPMAN / Katsina Emirate Bans Open Grazing In Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.