Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised (10100 Views)

Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” / One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by mej67: 7:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
More:

Ukamaka Ugwu Reply
July 11, 2014 at 10:23 am
What a hack job by a paid amateur. Ndigbo and the whole of Nigeria have universally acknowledged the unbelievable transformation of Enugu State. No wonder the whole of Enugu State thank God for the gift of Sullivan.Do not cry for Enugu State, cry for prostitution masquerading as journalism, cry for Nigeria.

July 11, 2014 at 7:26 pm
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
Hi Mr Ukamaka Ugwu, do see what people are saying.
You may be living in a fools paradise with your sweeping generalisation: the whole Nigeria and Igboland, the whole Enugu people. Or is that what you like to tell yourselves?
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
spikesC:

Who said education is not free in Enugu. But for you to say that Sullivan pioneered it is the greatest form of deception grin
And like i said, them still get small small fee they pay. ah ah, no be 9ja government again?

If they collect small things thats more of corrupt practices okay!

Afterall bail is free wink
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 8:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
"The difference
between my sins and yours is that when I
sin I know I'm sinning while you have
actually fallen prey to your own fabricated
illusions...

...Check yourself (Unemad) – hypocrisy doesn't just
wound, it kills permanently." CharleyBoy 2014

https://www.nairaland.com/1809014/charly-boy-talks-gov-rochas

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 8:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
spikesC:

Who said education is not free in Enugu. But for you to say that Sullivan pioneered it is the greatest form of deception grin
And like i said, them still get small small fee they pay. ah ah, no be 9ja government again?

Now that u have agreed that Sullivan gave free education till jss3 level why not tell us what the previous administration did in that regard or forever remain a lair.

Demenu!!!!
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spikesC(m): 8:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
Unemadu:

Now that u have agreed that Sullivan gave free education till jss3 level why not tell us what the previous administration did in that regard or forever remain a lair.

Demenu!!!!

Jeez, is it that you don't understand English or what. Free education has been in Enugu since the previous administration, being when i could remember oooo
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 8:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
otil1: "The difference
between my sins and yours is that when I
sin I know I'm sinning while you have
actually fallen prey to your own fabricated
illusions...

...Check yourself (Unemad) – hypocrisy doesn't just
wound, it kills permanently." CharleyBoy 2014

https://www.nairaland.com/1809014/charly-boy-talks-gov-rochas

No need to check myself Nwanne. Maybe u have not travelled round Nigeria. u just want to criticize but it should constructive.

All Naija has the same problem but some govs still try and Chime tried simple.

Swear that Lagos the best performing state in the Sw
doesn't have terrible places and security problems with some dilapidated schools and health facilities

Swear that Anambra doesn't have poverty sharing the same bed with opulence.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 8:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
spikesC:

Jeez, is it that you don't understand English or what. Free education has been in Enugu since the previous administration, being when i could remember oooo

if u cant show proof that enugu state govt gave free education till jss3 level during the previous administration then u will forever remain a lair.

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spyder880(m): 9:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
spikesC:

I wish I could continue this exchange with you, but the way you lace your points with insults is not what I can descend into. I ignored your reply to me up there. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by passion007: 9:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
spyder880:

I wish I could continue this exchange with you, but the way you lace your points with insults is not what I can descend into. I ignored your reply to me up there. Have a nice day.

That's exactly why I ignored him also.
The exchange has become childish, with great disdain for truth.

Meanwhile, Enugu still repping on the FP:
https://www.nairaland.com/1809154/president-jonathan-commissions-324-housing

2 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spikesC(m): 10:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
spyder880:

Oga, i don't believe i insulted you anywhere. Infact you were the only one who had a normal convo with me.
But if you believe you were let down of any kind, i am sorry.

passion007:
That's exactly why I ignored him also.
The exchange has become childish, with great disdain for truth.
Meanwhile, Enugu still repping on the FP:
https://www.nairaland.com/1809154/president-jonathan-commissions-324-housing

lol, i insulted you too. Like seriously?
Even if i did, you defo deserved it.

I gave you my points and all you could do was call me a southwesterner, a tribalist, etc. etc. just cos i countered you from all angles.

Yes, i came back on peeps here.
And all those i did were premeditated and those who actually insulted me, thinking they were talking to their fellow tribalists.

If you are a reguler poster fighter in the Nairaland politics section, and i came too hard on you.
I am not sorry, it was premeditated angry

Ya'll killing the south east people you think you're defending
Ya'll killing the supposed matured debate that should be happening here
Ya'll killing Nigeria as a whole

I always visit this section without commenting. But today, i got my chance to tell ya'll the truth.
And am happy i did

For development and progress to occur in Nigeria, it has to start from the grass root level
Stop comparing yourselves to the south west.
If you must compare, use Europe. That way, you strive for the betterment of your people and a high standard of living

Not the mediocre we see here

2 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
Unemadu:

Demenu!!!!

You know this is ridiculous, don't you?
The way you keep hammering on free Jss education as an 8 year achievement makes one to wonder whether the fees used to be exorbitant .
How much were the jss tuition fees before now? Well, our last born paid school fees in this administration, so I don't even get where u are coming from.
If you want to sell Sullivan, don't talk about education again.
And please, don't compare this administration to that of Nnamani, as far as education is concerned, his predecessor made a mark in that sector which is going to last for decades: primary, secondary and tertiary.

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
spikesC:

Oga, i don't believe i insulted you anywhere. Infact you were the only one who had a normal convo with me.
Bu[b]t if you believe you were let down of any kind, i am sorry.[/b]

I gave you my points and all you could do was call me a southwesterner, a tribalist, etc. etc. just cos i countered you from all angles.

I always visit this section without commenting. But today, i got my chance to tell ya'll the truth.
And am happy i did

This quite a mature response and should be emulated and encouraged. Pls guys, no harm intended. I can completely disagree with you and still share my (now hard to find eba) with you.

Spyder880 and Passion007 pls do the needful. I humbly enure you to accept (or at the very worst acknowledge tendered apology). Check out his misty puppy eyes, oh dear. Pls just accept.

One day, it is possible that we agree

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by eaglechild: 11:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
spikesC:

And all those i did were premeditated and those who actually insulted me, thinking they were talking to their fellow tribalists.

If you are a reguler poster fighter in the Nairaland politics section, and i came too hard on you.

And am happy i did

For development and progress to occur in Nigeria, it has to start from the grass root level
If you must compare, use Europe. That way, you strive for the betterment of your people and a high standard of living

I am inclined to be sympathetic with your cause.
Inasmuch as I have a soft spot for Sullivan, it will be suicidal to tow the path of sycophancy.

The article has a lot of half truths and outright lies, however, the present era of politicians are mostly deaf to soft criticisms constructive or not.

They only seem to respond to harsh "threats" and criticisms that threaten their future ambition.

Thus, I have to say that so far the facts are clear, then the criticisms should rain down harshly.

Sadly, most people pointing fingers tend to have alterior motives.

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spikesC(m): 11:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
eaglechild:

I am inclined to be sympathetic with your cause.
Inasmuch as I have a soft spot for Sullivan, it will be suicidal to tow the path of sycophancy.

The article has a lot of half truths and outright lies, however, the present era of politicians are mostly deaf to soft criticisms constructive or not.

They only seem to respond to harsh "threats" and criticisms that threaten their future ambition.

Thus, I have to say that so far the facts are clear, then the criticisms should rain down harshly.

Sadly, most people pointing fingers tend to have alterior motives.

The facts are so clear that i wonder how he has survived for good 8 years without much media attention, as experienced by the federal government.
But then, most people in Enugu central do not travel out to other parts of the state, most Igbo people are not interested in what the government can and should do for them and the worst is that, the ones that do are more concerned on what happens in the south west even when their own homeland is raving with fire.

For the OP, i have already given him his own zobo to drink.
And from the look of things, e don belle full am

I look towards the day our government campaigns will be to woo us with intellectual debates on National Television, and not with bags of rice angry

3 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by passion007: 11:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
@otil1
I'm not asking anyone to apologize to me. I don't need spikesC's apology.

While you enjoy your eba, appreciate the constant electricity in the rural Enugu community that produced it, the impeccable road networks that delivered it to your doorstep. Now you enjoy your dinner, safe and secure...the Enugu State Police patrolling your street.
I'm hoping you will have some dessert...tonight's suggestion: HUMBLE PIE!
Good night otil1.
Good night spikesC.

2 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spikesC(m): 11:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
passion007: @otil1
I'm not asking anyone to apologize to me. I don't need spikesC's apology.

While you enjoy your eba, appreciate the constant electricity in the rural Enugu community that produced it, the impeccable road networks that delivered it to your doorstep. Now you enjoy your dinner, safe and secure...the Enugu State Police patrolling your street.
I'm hoping you will have some dessert...tonight's suggestion: HUMBLE PIE!
Good night otil1.
Good night spikesC.

Good night oga me. Make you still no vex eeeh
Our country has a lot of problems that hits the nerve once in a while

BTW, Sullivan has the honor of restoring security.
That is the greatest feat he has achieved, and i must not fail to commend him on that.

[size=2pt]But you can lie o. Which constant electricity? Which oku electric did we produce[/size] grin
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by christejames(m): 11:33pm On Jul 11, 2014
otil1: @ Chritjames. you deserve not admonition for you spoke kindly and from your heart.

Amaechi (Rivers) once said that we (political leaders) steal cos you allow us.

looks like he is right afterall.

now when can we as a people feel begin to feel bold to say to power, no this is not right.

you advocate that we take whatever is thrown at us and be joyous.

so how can things change?

Sullivan has succeeded pattering and painting the roads in Enugu metropolis only, where he will be plying his powerful armoured range rovers. and if you live off this race track like inside Emene or Nsukka town or our various villages, whatever u see u take.

is that what we need in a democracy. a mild from katsina or bornu can as well continue ruling us and we just sit and hope for the best.

education, healthcare, agriculture, industrial sectors are in crisis answer all a governor could boast of in 8years is beautofication? and for that he is best performing?

we don't even know when we use our mouth to invite bad omen.

think it brought/sis

quite insightful and thoughtful... I just wish Sullivan can perform better but he is handicapped. Because the allocation from FG (which other states look forward to) which would have been used to transform the state randomly is very meagre. There is nothing we can do again but to hope and pray for better successor because his (Sullivan's) tenure is gradually coming to an end. May God be with us!!!

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 1:05am On Jul 12, 2014
Evergreen123:

You know this is ridiculous, don't you?
The way you keep hammering on free Jss education as an 8 year achievement makes one to wonder whether the fees used to be exorbitant .
How much were the jss tuition fees before now? Well, our last born paid school fees in this administration, so I don't even get where u are coming from.
If you want to sell Sullivan, don't talk about education again.
And please, don't compare this administration to that of Nnamani, as far as education is concerned, his predecessor made a mark in that sector which is going to last for decades: primary, secondary and tertiary.

Lol.... o girl na wa o u have come again with this Chimaroke the alleged criminal /murderer.

Have u forgotten how criminals were on the rampage during his tenure

or how he milked the state dry only to set up private business right under our noses

Well i know efcc will still release the criminal becos this is Nigeria

And what did he achieve in a whole 8yrs pls enlighten
me.

2 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spyder880(m): 6:24am On Jul 12, 2014
spikesC:

And am happy i did

Welcome Oga, I know you have some very valid points, but my stand is that the man did enough to merit a good appraisal. Some states in Nigeria don't even know their left from their right.

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 12, 2014
Unemadu:

Lol.... o girl na wa o u have come again with this Chimaroke the alleged criminal /murderer.

Have u forgotten how criminals were on the rampage during his tenure

or how he milked the state dry only to set up private business right under our noses

Well i know efcc will still release the criminal becos this is Nigeria

And what did he achieve in a whole 8yrs pls enlighten
me.

But u agree with me the criminal performed better than ur saint in the area of education or was that not u asked?

Crime was on the loose in all parts of nigeria pre-2010 times spanning from lagos to Calabar, Enugu wasnt an exception.
The criminal milked the state dry and set up investments in Enugu state, tell me where sullivan is investing his own loot.
U too, tell me what ur saint achieved with the federal allocations and igr coming to Enugu for 8 years, sector by sector.
I had said this earlier at the Enugu thread but its obvious no be only me waka come this time.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spikesC(m): 10:42am On Jul 12, 2014
spyder880:

Welcome Oga, I know you have some very valid points, but my stand is that the man did enough to merit a good appraisal. Some states in Nigeria don't even know their left from their right.

quite agree cool
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spikesC(m): 10:47am On Jul 12, 2014
Evergreen123:

But u agree with me the criminal performed better than ur saint in the area of education or was that not u asked?

Crime was on the loose in all parts of nigeria pre-2010 times spanning from lagos to Calabar, Enugu wasnt an exception.
The criminal milked the state dry and set up investments in Enugu state, tell me where sullivan is investing his own loot.
U too, tell me what ur saint achieved with the federal allocations and igr coming to Enugu for 8 years, sector by sector.
I had said this earlier at the Enugu thread but its obvious no be only me waka come this time.

Any person who has lived in Enugu since the time of Jim Nwobodo that wants to argue on what Chimaroke did, either has a myopic memory or blatantly wants to make arguments. And that, i would not entertain wink

He can do his research if he really wants to know
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
Evergreen123:

Mtcheeeeeww!!! stop defending criminals.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
Unemadu:

Mtcheeeeeww!!! stop defending criminals.

but u started it.
U were defending a criminal.

U didn't even answer any of my questions
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
spikesC:

Any person who has lived in Enugu since the time of Jim Nwobodo that wants to argue on what Chimaroke did, either has a myopic memory or blatantly wants to make arguments. And that, i would not entertain wink

He can do his research if he really wants to know

I have asked u Chimaroke foot soldiers wat he achieved but you cant come up with anything. Even ngozievergreen his mistress cannot point to anything.

Now its obvious wat u guys will point to as his achievement which is Esut and parklane, two institutions that existed since Anambra State.

only diff is he moved one to his home town and built a few blocks which the present administration still continued to upgrade

please tell me what he achieved again

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 12:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
Unemad!

My mad otimkpu.

Thot there was an unwritten code to let this matter rest.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
What I will not do is to compare worse to bad and then reach a conclusion that bad is good.

I've explained my position: that a 16iyear old is old enough to say I want indomie and not ogi.

We've had 16 about of uninterrupted democracy. Chime's performance is far from what can be called "good" and as a benchmark for next administration.

Comparing him with Chimaroke is Shere mischief and a cheap way to continue to wallow in self-deceit that a duly elected governor of Enugu State Nigeria ended 8years as Mayor of Enugu city.

Chimaroke clearly had his shortcomings. He also operated in a time capsule, inheriting the mess created by the military junta of that era. So let it be there.

because going there will open worse issues, like Chime inherited a better system of mgt. And should have done better. Plus budgetary allocation bigger today than then.

Chime's performance is making Chima look good despite the many shortcomings
Btw: GS101

Criminal | Define Criminal at Dictionary.com
criminal (ˈkrɪmɪn ə l) —n: 1. a person charged with and convicted of crime

Unemadu:

I have asked u Chimaroke foot soldiers wat he achieved but you cant come up with anything. Even ngozievergreen his mistress cannot point to anything.

Now its obvious wat u guys will point to as his achievement which is Esut and parklane, two institutions that existed since Anambra State.

only diff is he moved one to his home town and built a few blocks which the present administration still continued to upgrade

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spikesC(m): 1:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
otil1: What I will not do is to compare worse to bad and then reach a conclusion that bad is good.

I've explained my position: that a 16iyear old is old enough to say I want indomie and not ogi.

We've had 16 about of uninterrupted democracy. Chime's performance is far from what can be called "good" and as a benchmark for next administration.

Comparing him with Chimaroke is Shere mischief and a cheap way to continue to wallow in self-deceit that a duly elected governor of Enugu State Nigeria ended 8years as Mayor of Enugu city.

Chimaroke clearly had his shortcomings. He also operated in a time capsule, inheriting the mess created by the military junta of that era. So let it be there.

because going there will open worse issues, like Chime inherited a better system of mgt. And should have done better. Plus budgetary allocation bigger today than then.

they asked me not to go to unverifiable facts but he's quick to label him a criminal

let him keep living in self denial. As he is the only one who asks for proof of chimaroke's development, i would not bother to oblidge him
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
Unemadu:

that was myopic, thinking that its all about esut n parklane.
Sullivan didn't upgrade anything in esut, stop lying.
Esut was moved to a new site and IMT was given a better learning environment, not that mundane analysis u gave up there.

Is that not a more lasting legacy than free jss talk.
I was a sec school student under chimaroke, so I know what am talking about.
I only asked u to break down how 90b naira was spent and all u kept telling me was free jss education, what does that say about ur defence?
U can't keep shouting low igr abi allocation, when the little is spent on who.res.
Dude you are defending did not fund any project in enugu
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
Evergreen123:

that was myopic, thinking that its all about esut n parklane.
Sullivan didn't upgrade anything in esut, stop lying.
Esut was moved to a new site and IMT was given a better learning environment, not that mundane analysis u gave up there.

Is that not a more lasting legacy than free jss talk.
I was a sec school student under chimaroke, so I know what am talking about.
I only asked u to break down how 90b naira was spent and all u kept telling me was free jss education, what does that say about ur defence?
U can't keep shouting low igr abi allocation, when the little is spent on who.res.
Dude you are defending did not fund any project in enugu

Ngo baby give it up!! No one is saying Sullivan is a saint buh he tried from what i can see.

Enugu recieves one of the least allocation but a comparism with other states will make u appreciate wats going on in Enugu trust me.

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 7:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
otil1: What I will not do is to compare worse to bad and then reach a conclusion that bad is good.

yeye long story. u said Chime is Mayor of Enugu urban meanwhile he has opened up my community by giving us a brand new higher institution.
i have seen an exponential rise in business activities just from this move.

I just dey laugh u because im in my village now and can see for myself.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by millionaireman: 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
otil1:

Gbam!!!

Something as basic as water, Enugu doesn't have. Water tankers everywhere you look. No single new water source in Enugu city, just coating and painting roads. Tufiakwa!! 8yrs

Contract for water pipes digging and laying for no water. Is distribution more important that water production? Odeh govt.

When I said dat last time, lttle did I know that others were watching too.

And nwanemad, d mad otimkpu will want us to shut up. Never! We will say d truth bros. U can't fool all of us

Untreated water from private family water boreholes can be toxic at times. Supply of treated pipe-borne water by govt to citizens is a very expensive undertaking, but it is the number one responsibility of a state govt to the citizens of a state.

Good, as observed here, that Enugu people hold their state govt to account for supply of treated pipe borne water. In imo state, you are judged weird by today's govt and its praise singers if you bring the state govt to account for water supply to citizens. Other Igbo governors need not join in the diversionary buck-passing policy of making water supply a private affair in their states. Such policy translates to families digging their private water boreholes, and water tankers selling waters of unknown source.

Before govts abroad privatize water supply, the govts must have, for many decades, laid fundamental infrastructures for public water supply on ground. People need not relent in asking the state governments in Igboland to provide their people with treated pipe-borne water before roads,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obasanjo Steps Out For African Youth Governance To Promote Girl Education(pics) / Abeokuta Flood: Amosun Warns Against Indiscriminate Building Of Houses, Refuses / Gbajabiamila Floors Past Parliamentary Heads To Emerge Legislative Personality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.