Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised (10101 Views)

Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” / One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by naijaking1: 2:48am On Jul 13, 2014
Enugu Mayor is the best description of Chime I have found here! Quite apt.
Enugu State is a different ball game to him. He failed it 100%

4 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 8:48am On Jul 13, 2014
I believe the only way to wake you, Unemad, is with a little jolt. Quite against my principle, I'm forced to say that you sound like a fool saying things you have no idea of jus to maintain your support for your paymaster.

Sullivan gave Iwollo what??!!!

Iwollo was a TTC town before I was born.

The College of Agriculture and Agro-Entrepreneurship inherited all the buildings of TTC Iwollo with a promise for renovation. But today what is the situation? No single new structure!!!!!!!!!!

No take off grant! And since the college was established, Sullivan has refused to fund it: no releases of its capital vote (budget allocations). Not for a single year. The provost is just fighting and sweating. This is the only higher institution in West Senatorial Zone mind you. I can txt you the no of the Provost. Call him and confirm this. Sullivan get issues o!

I'm shocked that it is your community and you did not see that the college is not what it should be. Shame on you Unemad!

What is blinding you to the many failings of this govt?? Emere gi ya eme?

I catch you here you shift there. So determined to continue to push a failed project.

Let me ask you Unemad, the mad otimkpu. Has Esut College of Medicine got accreditation? The foundation medical students are now going to year 10, Unemad! and you say you have a governor.

See neglect and decay everywhere:
Water supply, education, rural areas, food production, healthcare, industry/employment

Unemadu:
yeye long story. u said Chime is Mayor of Enugu urban meanwhile he has opened up my community by giving us a brand new higher institution.
i have seen an exponential rise in business activities just from this move.

I just dey laugh u because im in my village now and can see for myself.

3 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
otil1: I believe the only way to wake you, Unemad, is with a little jolt. Quite against my principle, I'm forced to say that you sound like a fool saying things you have no idea of jus to maintain your support for your paymaster.

The College of Agriculture and Agro-Entrepreneurship inherited all the buildings of TTC Iwollo with a promise for renovation. But today what is the situation? No single new structure!!!!!!!!!!

No take off grant! And since the college was established, Sullivan has refused to fund it: no releases of its capital vote (budget allocations). Not for a single year. The provost is just fighting and sweating. This is the only higher institution in West Senatorial Zone mind you. I can txt you the no of the Provost. Call him and confirm this. Sullivan get issues o!

I'm shocked that it is your community and you did not see that the college is not what it should be. Shame on you Unemad!

I catch you here you shift there. So determined to continue to push a failed project.
seems i have to break my silence. The lies are getting out of hand. All these lies just to project your master, Ekweremmadu, and to give opportunity for haters to rubbish Enugu. I seriously pray that all the lies you've littered on this thread will,someday, strike you back like karma.

The Iwollo College of Agriculture and Agro Entrepreneurship in Ezeagu Local Government Area have been upgraded to a polytechnic. The Commissioner for Information, Mr Chuks Ugwoke, announced the development in Enugu on Monday and said that Enugu State College of Agriculture Law 2009 would be amended to reflect the change.

The commissioner said the government had already approved N252.4 million for the expansion and take off the proposed polytechnic as contained in the 2014 Appropriation. The commissioner said it would offer the citizens more opportunities for admission as well as create access to graduate students with skills for self-employment. 

Ugwoke said the government had also approved the establishment and replanting of forest reserves and other trees at 10 selected locations in the state. He added that the government had set aside N46.2million for the completion of the project. http://enugustate.info/?p=344

[img]http://enugustate.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/iwollo4.jpg[/img]

Let me ask you Unemad, the mad otimkpu. Has Esut College of Medicine got accreditation? The foundation medical students are now going to year 10, Unemad! and you say you have a governor.

Water supply, education, rural areas, food production, healthcare, industry/employment

ESUT college of medicine has graduated 2-3(not sure of the exact number) sets of doctors and you're here talking rubbish. Keep spreading lies. Here is MDCN link: http://www.mdcn.gov.ng/index.php/training/accredited-medical-institutions

Also check the bolded,below...

PROFILE OF THE GOVERNOR

Sullivan Iheanacho Chime hails from Udi, in Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State, Nigeria. Born on April 10, 1959 to the family of First Republic Parliamentarian and Traditional Ruler of Udi, Igwe Elias Aneke Chime and Theresa Ekpeluchi Chime, Sullivan started his early life in Enugu. He attended the College of Immaculate Conception C. I. C. Enugu from 1971 – 1976 from where he proceeded to the University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus to study law.Graduating in 1980 he proceeded to the Nigeria Law School, Lagos, where he finished with a B. L. Second Class, Upper Division and was called to Bar. on July 10, 1981. His primary assignment in the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC programme took him to the Legal aid Council and this was the beginning of a fulfilling and robust legal practice in Enugu which
also took him all over Nigeria. When Nigeria returned to democracy in 1999, Chime was appointed Special Adviser, Legal Matters to then Governor of Enugu State, Dr Chimaroke Nnamani. As Adviser, he distinguished himself so creditably that he was elevated to the position of Honourable Attorney general and Commissioner for Justice Enugu State, in December, 2001. Sullivan Iheanacho Chime, true to type, comfortably fitted into his new role as Chief Law Officer of Enugu State and decisively undertook the giant task of reforming the justice system.

One of the landmark achievements of Chime as Attorney General was the establishment and commissioning of Enugu Citizens Right and Mediation Centre, geared towards conflict resolution and arbitration. In concert with the Department for International development, DFID he articulated the Access to Justice, A2J also known as Justice Social Reforms. Governor Chime as Attorney General was key to the production of the highly acclaimed laws of Enugu State and the completion of the new Judiciary Headquarters Complex which brought relief to the accommodation problems of the Enugu State Judiciary. In 2007 after emerging as the flag bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Enugu State, he won the April Governorship Election and was sworn in as Governor of Enugu State on May 29, 2007. Since assumption of office in May 29, 2007, Sullivan Iheanacho Chime has embarked on the rebranding, reclaiming, recreating, restoring and renewal of Enugu State, through a massive and aggressive focus on infrastructural, human resource development and security of lives and property.

Chime also invested in statewide security. He has donated hundreds of vehicles and ulta modren communication equipment to the Police and other security agencies in the state, In the second quarter of 2013, he donated 100 units each of Kia Rio and Hilux vans equipped with communication gadgets to the Enugu State Police Command for urban and rural policing respectively (despite this being a Federal Government concern). Enugu State was, under his administration, declared to have the least crime rate, and one of the safest places in Nigeria. Since coming to office, Governor Chime has invested heavily in road rehabilitation and re-construction, culminating in the construction of over 346 kilometers of urban roads in Enugu and Nsukka. Today, Enugu the Coal City is wearing an impressive new look as virtually all the dual carriageways including the popular Ogui Road, Abakiliki Road, Okpara Avenue, Presidential Road, Bissala Road, Airport Road, Okpara Square roads and others were re-designed and re-constructed with drainages, concrete-paved pedestrian sidewalks and functional street and traffick lights. He has awarded over N18 billion contracts for the construction of rural roads of which over 251 kilometers had been completed as part of a fresh initiative to link the State capital with most of the local government headquarters in Enugu State Still in the transport sector, the Sullivan Chime administration is pursuing a public transportation programme designed to ease mass transit within Enugu and Nsukka. An innovation in this regard is the Coal City Cabs scheme, under which 50 luxury buses and 700 brand new air-conditioned cars were purchased and deployed to the streets under a subsidized high-purchase arrangement that has eased mass transit and also provided jobs to hundreds of youths. Governor Chime has also embarked on a massive programme of provision of street lights in all the dual carriageways and major streets in Enugu metropolis, traffic lights at strategic junctions just as directional signages have been erected at every street entrance in the city.

Education is another area where His Excellency, Sullivan Chime has made a lot of impact. On taking over the mantle of leadership he made the first nine years of education free. Currently, there is free education at Primary and Junior Secondary levels. Also, all manners of levies and dues have been outlawed in Enugu State. He also injected funds into the State’s tertiary institutions especially Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) and ESUT College of Medicine. [size=15pt]Consequent on this financial intervention virtually all the courses offered by these institutions are today accredited and the college has recently graduated its first set of Medical Doctors after more than five years of delay.[/size] Since the inception of his administration in 2007, Education has been free for all children in the state up to the JSS 3 level while fees for the Senior Secondary level have been pegged at only N1,000. In the same direction, Chime brought smiles to the faces of millions of residents and indigenes of Enugu State with the introduction and implementation of free medical services for pregnant women and children below five years. This development has led to a sharp drop in maternal and infant mortality in Enugu state and has brought accolades to the government. Under Governor Chime, the agricultural sector has witnessed a total turnaround. In his bid to mechanize agriculture and boost food production in the state, he distributed sixty seven (67) tractors to farmers in the state, established a new tractor assembly plant to make tractors affordable to farmers, and also contributed over One billion Naira as counterpart fund to enable farmers in the state benefit from many agricultural programmes funded by the federal government and international agencies.

To produce middle-level manpower in the sector, Governor Chime established State College of Agriculture and Agro-Entrepreneurship which took off in September 2009. Also, Governor Chime’s administration has trained over 300 youths from the state under the USAID market project as well as at the Songhai Regional Centre in Benin Republic to become the drivers of the State Mechanized and Commercial Farm Project targeted at producing twenty one rural green cities in Enugu State by 2012. Perhaps one of the high points of the Chime administration is the industrial peace that has existed between the Government and Labour Organizations. This, the governor achieved through his worker-friendly policies. This readiness to partner with the working people has seen the recall of thousands of workers disengaged by the previous government, the increase in workers’ salaries, the diligent payment of monthly salaries on the 25th of every month, the settlement of arrears of allowances and other entitlements and the prompt implementation of the new N18,000 Minimum wage law. With the same zeal, Governor Chime confronted the problem of waste disposal in the urban centres of the state. Enugu State waste Management Authority (ESWAMA) in the government’s effort towards urban renewal, have been provided with 15 Waste Compactors and 1,000 dumpsters. The state has recently purchased another 1000 dumpsters and sweepers.This development has not only made Enugu wear a new and enviable look but has also provided job opportunities for over a thousand people.

Governor Sullivan Chime has also made a huge impact in the housing sector. Since the inception of the Chime administration many housing units of different sizes have been completed with others still under construction. Of particular note is the Coal City Gardens Housing Estate, with about 100 housing units of 4 and 5 bedroom duplexes completed within the first one year. The Maryland Estate comprising 324 units of 2 bedroom flats for middle level income earners is at advanced stage of completion while the Lake View Estate at Sun City Layout (239 units) is being executed under a Public Private Partnership (PPP). Also, massive infrastructural development (roads, drainages and streetlights) have been completed at the Ekulu East Estate (Zoological Gardens), while work is on-going Liberty Estate, the RCC Estate, the CBN Estate and the Mechanic Village at Akegbe-Ugwu.

The Governor has taken his drive for the renewal of all institutions of government to areas hitherto forgotten for years. A recent example is the provision of 10 fire fighting vehicles, 5 Toyota Hilux trucks and one water tanker, for the operational efficiency of the Enugu State Fire Service which was hitherto incapacitated by lack of basic tools to respond meaningfully to any fire outbreak or emergencies in the State. All these epic efforts have not escaped the attention of foreign and local investors who are rushing to establish their various ventures in Enugu. Today, two of the world’s largest retail chains, Shoprite and Game have outlets in Enugu just as the hospitality industry is bustling with the establishment of scores of new fives star hotels and resorts. For the first time in many years the people of Enugu State are witnessing true development in the rural areas through the guidance and visionary leadership of Mr. Chime. This outstanding lawyer and administrator has received several awards in the area of law, security, housing, rural development and good governance. Some of these include Honorary Doctorate Degrees from the University of Nigeria Nsukka, Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Federal University of Technology, Owerri and the Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu He is married to Her Excellency, Clara Chime and is blessed with five children.

7 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
Centje, you are welcome.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by passion007: 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
^
Centje, my jaw actually drops with each sentence of otil1's posts. He started out well but has since caught propaganda fever from spikesC.
When people start to resort to falsehood to make a point, then it's best to leave them be.
Not to mention that this is all about Ekweremadu.

6 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
Your co-Otimkpus have been held down here for empty propaganda and self deceit.

That's what it is. Anybody in Enugu State of today claiming any progress is engaged in self deceit.

And here you are pumping in more propaganda.

Question: of the amount you pasted for the college (now to be polytechnic), how much has been released?

Another Question: I asserted that since the commencement of the College, no single capital release to it. Can you pls refute that?

I stated that since commencement, no new block of building added except the old TTC buildings which the college provost sells smoked fish to get in IGR to refurbish. Can you refute that?

Announcing money approved is not same as money released. People are awake now.

Dumping packaged governor's profile here says nothing bro.

And the eye-service picture of a little maize farm is for what purpose, Centje? Even a blind man can see that it's just a photo op cos u don't need that many people in that small farm at any point in time.

Centje, pls try another trick.

2 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
"Say the truth today in Enugu State and you are branded Ekweremmadu. But the truth shall surely prevail" -Otil1

Yes grin

passion007: ^
Centje, my jaw actually drops with each sentence of otil1's posts. He started out well but has since caught propaganda fever from spikesC.
When people start to resort to falsehood to make a point, then it's best to leave them be.

2 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
passion007: ^
my brother, i tire for some people o. I thought our generation is looking forward to having a democracy closer to that of countries with advanced democracy. But it seems ours will even be worse. If you don't like Chime administration, criticize it, everyone is entitled to such freedom. But spreading lies, is just too cheap. Governments are steered by humans, and so cannot be devoid of failures. If the achievements are far more than the failures, i can't but give a pass mark. Chime administration is a big upgrade from governance as we used to know it in Nigeria, and Enugu in particular. If the next governor can improve on Chime's style then we did be very close to the type of democracy we've always dreamed of.

5 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
otil1: Your co-Otimkpus have been held down here for empty propaganda and self deceit.

That's what it is. Anybody in Enugu State of today claiming any progress is engaged in self deceit.

And here you are pumping in more propaganda.

Question: of the amount you pasted for the college (now to be polytechnic), how much has been released?

Another Question: I asserted that since the commencement of the College, no single capital release to it. Can you pls refute that?

I stated that since commencement, no new block of building added except the old TTC buildings which the college provost sells smoked fish to get in IGR to refurbish. Can you refute that?

Announcing money approved is not same as money released. People are awake now.

Dumping packaged governor's profile here says nothing bro.

And the eye-service picture of a little maize farm is for what purpose, Centje? Even a blind man can see that it's just a photo op cos u don't need that many people in that small farm at any point in time.

Centje, pls try another trick.
i have explained everything with prove. The person from the community, whom you've been calling names, have tried telling you the state of things in the college, yet you continued with your lies....having exposed your lies on college at iwollo and enugu state teaching hospital, now you've shifted. My friend, quit spreading lies, it's not healthy.

3 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
centje: If the next governor can improve on Chime's style then we did be very close to the type of democracy we've always dreamed of.

You can call above our point of departure. Every other thing is embellishment.

I say, let next governor recognise the failure of Chime's utopian policy of undue concentration on Enugu city centre beatification and show deft effort at core issues of ndi Enugu State -employment, food, healthcare, education and spread devt, howbeit to our hinterlands.

Mind you Sir, since next Gov will be of Nsukka stock, improving on Chime style of leadership means take Nsukka township, make obodo oyibo and ignore Enugu city (of course Chime ignored Nsukka), ignore Oji, Agwu, 9th Mile, Agbani and all of our over 360 communities.

That possibility scares me. I can't tell you how scared I am of that. And guess what, a precedence has been established. That is why we must all come out and say noooooooo, that's not the right style of leadership vis-a-vis what we need as of today.

3 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spyder880(m): 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
otil1:

I say, let next governor recognise the failure of Chime's utopian policy of undue concentration on Enugu city centre beatification and show deft effort at core issues of ndi Enugu State -employment, food, healthcare, education and spread devt, howbeit to our hinterlands.

Mind you Sir, since next Gov will be of Nsukka stock, improving on Chime style of leadership means take Nsukka township, make obodo oyibo and ignore Enugu city (of course Chime ignored Nsukka), ignore Oji, Agwu, 9th Mile, Agbani and all of our over 360 communities.

That possibility scares me. I can't tell you how scared I am of that. And guess what, a precedence has been established. That is why we must all come out and say noooooooo, that's not the right style of leadership vis-a-vis what we need as of today.

Most of us are not scared of anybody taking the whole government apparatus, including the government house to Nsukka, but what will annoy us is if Nsukka at the end of the day is not as serene and organized as Enugu city. That is the one that will annoy me. Nsukka getting prominence is not bad, it's also our place since I am an Enugu state indegene, I will be very proud just as I am proud of Enugu town.

Long live Enugu state as a whole, (how much is a good plot of land in Nsukka, I may like to start taking my positions now grin grin before others discover the gold) grin

Moral of the story; whatever you do, do it well!

4 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
otil1:

I never posted for you to accept it. I posted to expose your lies.

otil1: I say, let next governor recognise the failure of Chime's utopian policy of undue concentration on Enugu city centre beatification and show deft effort at core issues of ndi Enugu State -employment, food, healthcare, education and spread devt, howbeit to our hinterlands.

This idea of 'concentrating on Enugu', you guys invented is just appalling. That you come into Enugu and meet it 'beautified' (that's not even beautification,to me) doesn't mean rural enugu were left out. The work of the government is to provide enabling environment for investors which will create employment. When Chime administration start bearing fruits, i pray we all will be here to witness it. Adani rice farm, polo mall, pineapple farm, these establishments provided jobs. It is a known fact that nigerian govt. doesn't do well with establishing industries, not even schools, hence the current wave of privatisation. What govt has adopted was to create enabling environment for private investors. Which is exactly what Chime is doing. The past administration invested heavily in education and Healthcare at the expense of other sectors. Those sectors were the main focus of Chimes administration. Am sure each administration will adequately cover every sector if Enugu sate had allocation a little close to that of say delta.

DEVELOPMENTAL STRIDES OF GOVERNOR SULLIVAN CHIME’S ADMINISTRATION IN ENUGU STATE: AGRICULTURE [By Afam Okereke]
In 2008, the government of Enugu state in partnership with the 17 council chairmen in the state procured 17 Heavy duty road construction equipments (Bulldozers & Roller) to assist them in rural road reconstruction.  Currently work is ongoing in about fifteen rural roads in parts of the state including the new secretariat complex the new Lion Building Abuja Governor’s Lodge among others. In the area of Agriculture, the administration designed a programme of mechanized agriculture and acquired about seventy farm tractors, some grating machines for cassava processing and attracted a contract of N1.6billion naira from the Federal Government for the rehabilitation of Adarice farm at Uzo Uwani.  

It also established state college of Agriculture at Iwollo Ezeagu local government for the training of middle level manpower in that sector of the economy.  Government also sponsored the training of more than 100 graduate farmers at Bene republic under the Songai/Enugu initiative to transform the state and improve on the socio-economic well being of the people.  Presently the graduate farmers have been empowered to store their own small holder farm production including rice production, piggery, poultry, cassava production among others.  The Henieke Lake farm is being developed while some farm inputs and seedlings and fertilizers are being sold to farmers at highly subsidized rate. 

[img]http://2.bp..com/-aLCUx_YmoVU/UlZSuefjyZI/AAAAAAAAAqs/2fqliBTPWuM/s280/DSC_7472.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-CFbdTXwKHzg/UlZSurhRotI/AAAAAAAAAqw/-G1w_inLHc8/s280/DSC_7475.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-_TCDe203Wi8/UlZSusRbnBI/AAAAAAAAAq0/QBdSRDkcHr0/s280/DSC_7680.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-b7UY9AbJImo/UlZSy5F-VzI/AAAAAAAAArE/SwCPnWgvsng/s280/Tractor+Assembly+Plant,+Enugu.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-qEweDPUwUJU/UlZSzZDLBtI/AAAAAAAAArI/M0Py6dqOS7o/s280/Tractors+for+rural+farming+(2).jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-EQaVW_fFT6E/UlZSzhLI8bI/AAAAAAAAArM/Q6L9e39o24g/s280/Tractors+for+rural+farming.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-87oXuda075g/UlZTiSFKS3I/AAAAAAAAAro/xVPDxDTKp1I/s280/2008_12_24-28+001.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-XEfZddDoEAo/UlZTk_Thi3I/AAAAAAAAAr4/thGQXA3QoFI/s280/adani+rice+farm.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-YE53-mVK1KA/UlZThOblEgI/AAAAAAAAArc/Siic2xe-ZOI/s280/Bulldozers+for+rural+roads+rehabilitation.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-llMgXvr6isc/UlZTiajRMpI/AAAAAAAAArk/A4CXD8-ytL0/s280/IMG_2271.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-udCLQriMasA/UlZTkoms_jI/AAAAAAAAAr0/vefQeZxNgCA/s280/IMG_2315.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-mzxvivAfyI4/UlZTl0MjR9I/AAAAAAAAAsE/dskDgoMoKMg/s280/tradtors+for+farmers+(1).jpg[/img]

Presently, the Enugu State Government is spending Four Hundred and Sixty Seven million Naira for the establishment of a pineapple industry in the state. The pineapple industry which is in partnership with San Carlos Farm Industry, Mexico is located round  Oji, Awgu and Udi local government areas covering more than three thousand hectares of land. Already, about five hundred hectares of the farm had been cultivated with irrigation facilities provided. It is expected that about two hundred workers will be employed to work in the industry.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-guS6mTfG6nQ/UlZUKKneNuI/AAAAAAAAAsM/wj5fxFsVj4Q/s280/DSC_0057.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-6dhJ4QUfn8o/UlZUMKwe4VI/AAAAAAAAAsY/jg2bDSfu7CQ/s280/DSC_0067.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-KgfPNI775xE/UlZUOs9RFpI/AAAAAAAAAsk/sjpdNMio5WQ/s280/DSC_0070.jpg[/img]

L-R: Chief of Staff, Enugu State Govt House Mrs Ifeoma Nwobodo, Enugu State Governor, Barr. Sullivan Chime, Commissioner for Commerce & Industry, Dr Jude Akubilo, former SPA Agriculture Hon Victor Agbo & Mr San Carlos on an inspection tour of the pineapple plantation recently. 

[img]http://1.bp..com/-A1Zfrg-wOQ4/UlZUSBsStrI/AAAAAAAAAss/bhbcMkw4MxQ/s280/DSC_0076.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-I1-QMxdOexg/UlZUSgTriPI/AAAAAAAAAsw/G0BUGj0nRPg/s280/DSC_0081.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-FBMLi5KIh6I/UlZUX_sWOeI/AAAAAAAAAtM/yr_VGefMgGU/s280/DSC_0110.jpg[/img]

otil1: Mind you Sir, since next Gov will be of Nsukka stock, improving on Chime style of leadership means take Nsukka township, make obodo oyibo and ignore Enugu city (of course Chime ignored Nsukka), ignore Oji, Agwu, 9th Mile, Agbani and all of our over 360 communities.

Oh yeah undecided just the same way GEJ has move federal govt revenue to bayelsa Enugu state is has a law, and masses to cast vote. Chime is among the few Governor of Enugu who never segregated. Even communities of his opponents got a share of his projects. Chime, as shown in the pic, provided equipment for every local govt, to construct road for their area, but as usual some local govt chairmen sat on their seat, farthing throughout their tenure. Chime contructed a good number of road in Nsukka, not to mention the one that leads into the UNN through the 'green house gate'. If the next governor upgrade Nsukka, as the major town in enugu, its all good, provided other satellite towns in enugu were touched like chime did. Right now, people can enter the state capital with 30-45mins from any part of the state. That this man doesn't advertise himself shouldn't be an opportunity to tarnish him.

otil1: That possibility scares me. I can't tell you how scared I am of that. And guess what, a precedence has been established. That is why we must all come out and say noooooooo, that's not the right style of leadership vis-a-vis what we need as of today.
don't develop hypertension yet, it's all good for Enugu state. We are on the right track. I assure you. Step-wise improvement is what we need. We're not there yet, chime is not going to be the best. The next governor should try and beat the standard he has set.

3 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 2:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
wow! Wow! I've been dealing with small small masquerades. Centje the real big one has entered the scene. They must have run to call you in to save the situation. wow! The govt propanganda machine is on this matter now just because I asked some specific questions. Egwu di kwa!

Ok lets take the 'lies' one by one.

On agriculture, good photos of Mexican magic man, San Carlos. I thought You were going to show the Songhai farms. The promise of rural green cities in every local government and a bigestest mother farm, how far? Did it become a scam? That's the govt's flagship agric programme. I pray that this is not another front for some big man behind. You guys are actually giving him all that money N467million? What did he bring while coming? His brief case? grin grin grin grin

Now, I said no capital release, not a single one to Enugu College of Agriculture (ESCAI) and say you what? Diversionary articles. I've read all that from Afam Okereke. That earned him mayor of Nkanu West.

I show you below aerial ESCAI in 2010 and as it is today, just downlloaded and tell me if it looks like where govt focus is. You are showing me pictures of a lucky oyibo man's private venture, who succeeded in getting a mumuish govt to fund his business while the Agric College which should generate and disseminate knowledge is ignored.

Can you spot the difference?
Essential history:
Oct 2009 –Opening of The College
April/May 2010 Staff Recruitment

2 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 2:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
Upgrade of ESCAI to polytechnic.

Do you know that it is an Nsukka man that is pushing that? Do you really know the motive behind it or should I educate you?

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
^^you are entitled to whatever you want to call the projects. You're free to criticize them the way you want but don't litter the internet with lies about our governor.

I came to expose your lies and the angle now is that they went to call me to the thread, Lol grin i have posted on this thread before but i never wanted to engage in this, 'cause it doesn't put food on my table. The lies was just getting out of hand.
Like i said earlier, i am not posting for you but to expose all your lies.

3 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2014
I am not yet done Sir.

The pride of any institution is its administrative building. In 2009 a designated admin building was being worked on ind in 2014, see below the status. Pls ask Unemad who you claim is from Iwollo to go snap it today and post.

Does it show any deep interest by your idol, Chime? But there is N467million to give to Carlos the Mexican solve it all.

And you say it is a lie? Show your facts and stop hiding behind sentiments.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 3:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
See below

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
otil1: I am not yet done Sir.

The pride of any institution is its administrative building. In 2009 a designated admin building was being worked on ind in 2014, see below the status. Pls ask Unemad who you claim is from Iwollo to go snap it today and post.

Does it show any deep interest by your idol, Chime? But there is N467million to give to Carlos the Mexican solve it all.

And you say it is a lie? Show your facts and stop hiding behind sentiments.

Which sentiments, please I countered every of your post with prove. I am not sentimental my dear. I refuted your lies on Enugu state college of Medicine. If i don't have facts i don't post, my dear. And whenever, i want to criticize Chime administration i do so with facts not lies. I just wish we could get pictures of the said college. It quite difficult to get pictures, the college is outside Enugu, even the Iwollo, i had only visited it once. I know for sure that the college of education, which is in the city centre, is getting some touches.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
otil1:

Nawaa ;Ndi Enugu are in big trouble....this is what is gonna happen. Soon as the next governor comes in he will direct all the state finances to his town/local government ignorant the rest of the state. Enugu need a leader who sees everybody as one and very important.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by HappyJoe: 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
If you guys had a governor like Theodore Orji, you won't even have the energy to talk.

5 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Nawaa ;Ndi Enugu are in big trouble....this is what is gonna happen. Soon as the next governor comes in he will direct all the state finances to his town/local government ignorant the rest of the state. Enugu need a leader who sees everybody as one and very important.
chime never despised any community. Even his town didn't get special attention. Go ask how his kinsmen attacked him for not favouring them.

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by passion007: 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
centje: chime never despised any community. Even his town didn't get special attention. Go ask how his kinsmen attacked him for not favouring them.
I have taken my Isi Uzo community as a case in point. Chimaroke only used us for Nkanu expansionism, yet did nothing. Sullivan took up the road, and the rest is history. but guess what? The propagandists said the road was built as Govt largesse to former Ambassador Kingsley Ebenyi. Lol.
Otil1, you're in the know; no administration is/has been/will be perfect. If you look for plot-holes, you'll find them. But that don't mean the movie won't win an Oscar.

2 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
College of Medicine,
Best and brightest brains go to. In a democratic setting, our governor is supposed to be from amongst us (unlike Milad that could be posted from hellfire).

Against that background I asked, how can we have a democratically elected governor and our best kids will spend 10years in medical college without graduating? What sort of doctors will they become? Traumatised doctors?

And you post your rebuttal (in bold) that they have graduated after over 5 years of delay.

Who is lying here? You actually admitted a worse carnage because 6years of normal medical college plus over 5years delay is 11plus years!!!

Bro where did I wrong you?

centje: Which sentiments, please I countered every of your post with prove. I am not sentimental my dear. I refuted your lies on Enugu state college of Medicine. If i don't have facts i don't post, my dear. And whenever, i want to criticize Chime administration i do so with facts not lies. I just wish we could get pictures of the said college. It quite difficult to get pictures, the college is outside Enugu, even the Iwollo, i had only visited it once. I know for sure that the college of education, which is in the city centre, is getting some touches.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by passion007: 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Odenigbo, quick!
Ndiofe- they're dressing down your paymaster here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1811073/why-peter-obi-denied-ministerial

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
passion007:

Odenigbo, quick!
Ndiofe- they're dressing down your paymaster here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1811073/why-peter-obi-denied-ministerial

Obi can't be touched....He is like a god amongst the Anambra elites.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by eaglechild: 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
otil1: I believe the only way to wake you, Unemad, is with a little jolt. Quite against my principle, I'm forced to say that you sound like a fool saying things you have no idea of jus to maintain your support for your paymaster.

When you start mixing lies with your criticisms you lose credibility.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by passion007: 4:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
eaglechild:

I tire o.
My cousin, a foundational student of the school, has been a licensed doctor since 2011. He must have left his alter ego behind.

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by passion007: 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Obi can't be touched....He is like a god amongst the Anambra elites.
O di mma. undecided
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 4:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
eaglechild:

Yes Eagle child. Your right. My asking that question in there was wacky. Truth, I was totally unaware that that issue has been resolved. Many just lost interest. Me too. When Chime Thot that funding the college will add to his predecessors credit and ignored them for long.

My asking was to have an answer given.

So yes, our gov sat and kids spent 11 years for 6 years. And it's not only one set. All admitted behind the foundation students were affected so the backlog is being cleared, thank God.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by eaglechild: 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
HappyJoe: If you guys had a governor like Theodore Orji, you won't even have the energy to talk.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
Damn! Dude, you don't even know Enugu state grin so Enugu state college of medicine took off in Chime's adminitration, and then under his watch the school couldn't get accreditation for period of 10years Which state are you from, please?

otil1: College of Medicine,
Best and brightest brains go to. In a democratic setting, our governor is supposed to be from amongst us (unlike Milad that could be posted from hellfire).

Against that background I asked, how can we have a democratically elected governor and our best kids will spend 10years in medical college without graduating? What sort of doctors will they become? Traumatised doctors?

And you post your rebuttal (in bold) that they have graduated after over 5 years of delay.

Who is lying here? You actually admitted a worse carnage because 6years of normal medical college plus over 5years delay is 11plus years!!!

Bro where did I wrong you?

my dear, in as much as this is a faceless forum, we should still make some effort to respect our age, i suppose. What you wrote in this recent post is in contrast with your earlier false post. Here is what you wrote(the bolded)...

[size=15pt]
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Ikology(m): 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
Pictures they say speaks volume, surpassing more than a million words. @ Centj thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sen Philip Aduda Refuting The Rumour That He Is Decamping From PDP To APC / Group Worried About The Influx Of Ex-Governors Into Senate / Danger!! Unclad Men Tattoo With Biafra Flags Appear In Aba Dare Soldiers-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.