Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,545 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised (10105 Views)

Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” / One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by eaglechild: 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
otil1:

Yes Eagle child. Your right. My asking that question in there was wacky. Truth, I was totally unaware that that issue has been resolved. Many just lost interest. Me too. When Chime Thot that funding the college will add to his predecessors credit and ignored them for long.

My asking was to have an answer given.

So yes, our gov sat and kids spent 11 years for 6 years. And it's not only one set. All admitted behind the foundation students were affected so the backlog is being cleared, thank God.
I am a supporter of harsh criticisms and I actually think his performance in health is sub par but not to the degree you are painting it.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Ikology(m): 4:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
Pictures they say speaks volume, surpassing even a million words. @ Centj thanks.

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 5:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
centje: Damn! Dude, you don't even know Enugu state grin so Enugu state college of medicine took off in Chime's adminitration, and then under his watch the school couldn't get accreditation for period of 10years Which state are you from, please?

my dear, in as much as this is a faceless forum, we should still make some effort to respect our age, i suppose. What you wrote in this recent post is in contrast with your earlier false post. Here is what you wrote(the bolded)...

Centje, I am from Enugu State.

I've been admonished here for being too harsh and I have cautioned myself, ok.

I was just on my way to find Alomo bitters to take cool temper and you spin dis one.

When did I say that the college of medicine started in Chime time? It was by his predecessor who was clearly pro-medicine but d delay was caused by your man who refuse to fund the college on the premise that it will swell up credentials of his predecessor. That's what caused the 5plus years' delay. The kids where doing just fine in Chima's administration. In fact they were his baby's and he pampered the so much only for your man to come show them that khaki no be leather.

I've also sought forgiveness asking that question and it looked like an assertion. I honestly didn't know, because many of us tuned off.

Pls na, allow me go drink alomo.

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 5:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
eaglechild:
I am a supporter of harsh criticisms and I actually think his performance in health is sub par but not to the degree you are painting it.

For sure Eaglechild. Yes, you like it harsh but not too harsh. Yes. My girlfriend too. Ok, I will adjust as from dis moment. I promise
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by eaglechild: 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
otil1:

For sure Eaglechild. Yes, you like it harsh but not too harsh. Yes. My girlfriend too. Ok, I will adjust as from dis moment. I promise
grin grin grin
Lol!

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
otil1:

I was just on my way to find Alomo bitters to take cool temper and you spin dis one.

When did I say that the college of medicine started in Chime time? It was by his predecessor who was clearly pro-medicine but d delay was caused by your man who refuse to fund the college on the premise that it will swell up credentials of his predecessor. That's what caused the 5plus years' delay. The kids where doing just fine in Chima's administration. In fact they were his baby's and he pampered the so much only for your man to come show them that khaki no be leather.

I've also sought forgiveness asking that question and it looked like an assertion. I honestly didn't know, because many of us tuned off.

This is what happens when you vote selfish and self centered f.ools into power. They play politics with the future of the people. It better not be true that Chime abandoned the school of medicine just to spite Nnamani.

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by passion007: 6:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

This is what happens when you vote selfish and self centered f.ools into power. They play politics with the future of the people. It better not be true that Chime abandoned the school of medicine just to spite Nnamani.

Peter Obi is under siege, and you're more concerned with Enugu State matters... Hmm.
I richaagonu ego nwoke mmadu, wee ruo oru ya half-done. grin

3 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2014
otil1:

[s]When did I say that the college of medicine started in Chime time? It was by his predecessor who was clearly pro-medicine but d delay was caused by your man who refuse to fund the college on the premise that it will swell up credentials of his predecessor. That's what caused the 5plus years' delay. The kids where doing just fine in Chima's administration. In fact they were his baby's and he pampered the so much only for your man to come show them that khaki no be leather.[/s]

lol grin my guy. Go drink Alomo jare grin

[size=2pt]Chime no be my man, abeg. I just don't like false propaganda. So don't lie again[/size] tongue
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by jude2011: 6:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
chime should pls come to our aid in nkanu east. Apart from nara to isiogbo 8km road nothing for his idle deputy. The nkerefi agbani road is bad and i am sure oga Spyder880 cannot claim ignorance of this wicked neglect by chime. Chime has done more roads in enugu town than all other parts of enugu state it is supposed to be the other way round. Is this fair? To me,chime is indeed the mayor of enugu town.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ikology: Pictures they say speaks volume, surpassing even a million words. @ Centj thanks.
thank you dear!
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
passion007:

Peter Obi is under siege, and you're more concerned with Enugu State matters... Hmm.
I richaagonu ego nwoke mmadu, wee ruo oru ya half-done. grin

Guy,slow down; I visited Nigeria six months ago after eight years. I was in Anambra and with my eyes I saw the work that Obi did in my own Idenmili,Ngige stronghold. There is no where you go in Anambra that people don't speak good of Obi. Obi did the most dirtiest job in Anambra and sometimes feeble minded won't see this because it isn't concentrated in one place. There are thousands of developmental projects scattered around Anambra and you can't see it unless you are unbiased and and wanna see them. I'm not even an Apaga member,at least not yet but I know a good performance when I see one. The only reason why people criticize Obi is because he didn't pursue the development of Awka so aggressively but there is a reason for that. And Obi succeeded in all developmental indices.
Education.
Agriculture.
Sports.
Industrialization/jobs.
Roads.....I don't wanna keep talking about Obi. Go to YouTube and type" Peter Obi legacy" and see how the man spread development to every part of Anambra state. Not in just one area as if others don't count.

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spyder880(m): 7:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
jude2011: chime should pls come to our aid in nkanu east. Apart from nara to isiogbo 8km road nothing for his idle deputy. The nkerefi agbani road is bad and i am sure oga Spyder880 cannot claim ignorance of this wicked neglect by chime. Chime has done more roads in enugu town than all other parts of enugu state it is supposed to be the other way round. Is this fair? To me,chime is indeed the mayor of enugu town.

He did not do anything for Nkanu east but who else has ever done anything for us before. At least Sullivan provided electricity for my home town Nomeh, what did my brother Chimaroke give us? Even biscuits he did not buy for my hometown grin

Half bread is better than chin chin, onye mu riri ji nke ya bu okogbuo grin

3 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 14, 2014
eaglechild:

the only lie the critic gave was accreditation of medical students: esucom has graduated 3 sets now but that breakthrough was not attributed to Sullivan, the students had described how Sullivan was dulling the process till interventions of external factors became the last resort.
Same way upgrading the salaries of state health workers was hell.
I don't know what that dude called Sullivan smokes.
My own concern about these tnz lies in the funds .
Except for the Secretariat, this man has not funded shishi in Enugu state, all these ppl here talking about Enugu roads know that Enugu state govt did not fund them, Sullivan did not even source for the funds (but his predecessor,call him a criminal, he did it).
The question here is, what did Sullivan do with the so-called 'meagre' #90b naira accruing to Enugu state govt?
Road u no fund, education u no fund,public health sector collapsed ( go to rural LGAs),
rural devt........
8 years! and some ppl want me to rely on the 'low allocation ' mantra.
All his supporters do here is release articles, how does it prove anything on ground?

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 14, 2014
HappyJoe: If you guys had a governor like Theodore Orji, you won't even have the energy to talk.

Mehn I cant believe guys from Enugu are complaining about their governor..... what do we from Abia do

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 8:22am On Jul 14, 2014
otil1: I believe the only way to wake you, Unemad, is with a little jolt. Quite against my principle, I'm forced to say that you sound like a fool saying things you have no idea of jus to maintain your support for your paymaster.

Sullivan gave Iwollo what??!!!

Iwollo was a TTC town before I was born.

The College of Agriculture and Agro-Entrepreneurship inherited all the buildings of TTC Iwollo with a promise for renovation. But today what is the situation? No single new structure!!!!!!!!!!

No take off grant! And since the college was established, Sullivan has refused to fund it: no releases of its capital vote (budget allocations). Not for a single year. The provost is just fighting and sweating. This is the only higher institution in West Senatorial Zone mind you. I can txt you the no of the Provost. Call him and confirm this. Sullivan get issues o!

I'm shocked that it is your community and you did not see that the college is not what it should be. Shame on you Unemad!

What is blinding you to the many failings of this govt?? Emere gi ya eme?

I catch you here you shift there. So determined to continue to push a failed project.

Let me ask you Unemad, the mad otimkpu. Has Esut College of Medicine got accreditation? The foundation medical students are now going to year 10, Unemad! and you say you have a governor.

See neglect and decay everywhere:
Water supply, education, rural areas, food production, healthcare, industry/employment

Like i said i just dey laugh u because im in iwollo right now but all u rely on is the media for info. u said no single structure has been added to TTC/LTC? Chaiiii!!! there is God o!!! U said no budgetary allocation was made for the school?

Chai!!

Chai!!!
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 8:28am On Jul 14, 2014
Evergreen123:

the only lie the critic gave was accreditation of medical students: esucom has graduated 3 sets now but that breakthrough was not attributed to Sullivan, the students had described how Sullivan was dulling the process till interventions of external factors became the last resort.
Except for the Secretariat, this man has not funded shishi in Enugu state, all these ppl here talking about Enugu roads know that Enugu state govt did not fund them, Sullivan did not even source for the funds (but his predecessor,call him a criminal, he did it).
The question here is, what did Sullivan do with the so-called 'meagre' #90b naira accruing to Enugu state govt?
Road u no fund, education u no fund,public health sector collapsed ( go to rural LGAs),
rural devt........
All his supporters do here is release articles, how does it prove anything on ground?

At least u have agreed that Op and likes of otil are liars

Otil all liars will go to hell.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 8:53am On Jul 14, 2014
Chime upgrades Agric College
to Enugu Polytechnic
 Posted by: The Citizen  in Other News
 May 9, 2014
The Enugu State Executive Council has approved
the upgrading of Enugu State College of
Agriculture and Agro-Entrepreneurship at Iwollo,
Ezeagu Local Government Area, to Enugu State
Polytechnic.
According to the state Commissioner for
Information, Mr. Chuks Ugwoke who made this
know on Thursday, said that the council gave
the approval as it considered that technical
education is crucial to development and has
more guarantee for self-employment in Nigeria.
He said, “The polytechnic would offer the
citizens more opportunities for admission into
tertiary institutions and create access to
graduate students with skills for self-
employment.”
The commissioner noted that the state College
of Agriculture Laws 2009 would be amended to
embrace the upgrade and change.
Ugwoke said the council also approved the sum
of N252,450,000 only, as contained in the 2014
capital budget of the college, as take-off grant
to the proposed polytechnic for immediate
expansion.
He also disclosed that the council also
approved over N1.6m for other development
projects in the state.

Otil how much was the capital budget?
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 9:01am On Jul 14, 2014
Unemadu:

Like i said i just dey laugh u because im in iwollo right now but all u rely on is the media for info.

No, I don't rely on media. In fac, you av been posting the govt said here.

Let me educate you a little and then give you an assignment.

Budget allocation is not budget release

Approval of expenditure (announcing to press) is not expenditure.

After that media release which follows cabinet sitting, the responsible cabinet minister or commissioner writes for release of the approved sum which must be approved again by Gov. If he changes his mind or not enough money in treasury or allocation Abuja is low, no show.

So pls learn to compare and contrast and read in between lines.

Assignment:
The Provost of the College is from which community?

Upon answering above, if you are sure you are from Iwollo and visit Iwollo, cross over to him and get this gist right.

Feel free to post your findings for us to share
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 9:16am On Jul 14, 2014
An updated list of approved medical schools in
Nigeria is maintained by the Medical and Dental
Council of Nigeria (MDCN) .
FULLY ACCREDITED MEDICAL SCHOOLS IN
NIGERIA
College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Abia
State University, Uturu, Abia State
College of Health Sciences,Ebonyi State
University, Abakaliki.
College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Idi
Araba, Lagos State
College of Health Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo
University, Ile Ife, Osun State
College of Health Sciences, University of Port-
Harcourt, Rivers State
College of Health Sciences, Usman Dan Fodiyo
University, Sokoto, Sokoto State
College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Oyo
State
College of Medicine, University of Ilorin, Kwara
State
College of Health Sciences, University of Calabar,
Cross River State
College of Medicine, Lagos State University,
Ikeja, Lagos State
College of Medicine, Ambrose Alli University,
Ekpoma, Edo State
Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Jos,
Plateau State
Faculty of Medicine, Bayero University, Kano,
Kano State
Obafemi Awolowo College of Health Sciences,
Sagamu, Olabisi Onabanjo (formerly Ogun State)
University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State.
Faculty of Health Sciences, Imo State University,
Owerri, Imo State
College of Health Science, Madonna University
Okija
College of Medical Sciences, University of Benin,
Benin-City, Edo State
Oba Okunade College of Health Sciences
Igbinedion University Okada, Benin -City, Edo
State
College of Medicine, University of Nigeria, Ozara-
Ituku. Enugu State
College of Health Sciences, Nnamdi Azikiwe
University, Nnewi, Anambra State
Faculty of Medicine, Ahmadu Bello University
Zaria, Kaduna State
College of Medical Sciences, University of
Maiduguri, Borno State
College of Health Sciences, Delta State
University, Abraka, Delta State
College of Medicine, Enugu State University of
Science and Technology, Enugu, Enugu State

College Of Health Sciences, University of Uyo,
Uyo, Cross River State
PARTIALLY ACCREDITED MEDICAL SCHOOLS IN
NIGERIA
College of Health Sciences, Bingham University
Karu, Nasarawa.State
College of Health Sciences, Niger Delta
University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
College of Health Sciences, Benue State
University, Makurdi, Benue State
This list was updated on April 27, 2012 with
information available from the MDCN website .

Otil hope u don't need glasses to see that our dear Esutcom and health Sciences are fully accredited.

What other lie do u wanna vomit now?
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 9:20am On Jul 14, 2014
Unemadu:
u said no single structure has been added to TTC/LTC? Chaiiii!!! there is God o!!! U said no budgetary allocation was made for the school?

Chai!!

Chai!!!

Don't continue Chai ing when you can do smthn creative for this forum.

I asked you earlier, since you are now at Iwollo, stroll into the College, snap the admin building and post it.

That's how we know who is lying.

For complete avoidance of doubt, I said:
1. No single additional building aside old TTC's
2. No single release of College's capital vote in the State's budget
3. No take off grant given to the College

Ngwa, your work is crafted for you.

I await...

3 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 9:23am On Jul 14, 2014
otil1:

No, I don't rely on media. In fac, you av been posting the govt said here.

Let me educate you a little and then give you an assignment.

Budget allocation is not budget release

Approval of expenditure (announcing to press) is not expenditure.

After that media release which follows cabinet sitting, the responsible cabinet minister or commissioner writes for release of the approved sum which must be approved again by Gov. If he changes his mind or not enough money in treasury or allocation Abuja is low, no show.

So pls learn to compare and contrast and read in between lines.

Assignment:
The Provost of the College is from which community?

Upon answering above, if you are sure you are from Iwollo and visit Iwollo, cross over to him and get this gist right.

Feel free to post your findings for us to share

Otil Unem give it up. I already know u as a liar so u lack credibility.

Just to prove it to the world that you are a liar i will take a picture of an ongoing building project right in that school. I just wish i can upload it.

Demee!!
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 9:25am On Jul 14, 2014
Unemadu:

Otil Unem give it up. I already know u as a liar so u lack credibility.

Just to prove it to the world that you are a liar i will take a picture of an ongoing building project right in that school. I just wish i can upload it.

Demee!!

Thank God. I am waiting for it. Admin block first

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by eaglechild: 11:05am On Jul 14, 2014
Evergreen123:

rural devt........

I am kind of confused, about the road projects, who funded them?

I know that when it comes to health he messed up, he refused to implement CONMESS which led to very long doctors' strike etc.

Actually, Sullivan has a lot of shortcomings, (I think rural Enugu is still neglected) but he is a huge improvement when compared to his predecessor.

What he has done is make people more aware and demanding of good governance, a spirit that was snuffed out by Chimaroke and in some other states where people have acclimatised to bad governance.

This is a good thing because anyone who replaces him will be under pressure to even do better, just like Obiano vs Obi, unlike T. A. Orji for eg where any mediocre will be hailed.

2 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 7:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
otil1:

Don't continue Chai ing when you can do smthn creative for this forum.

I asked you earlier, since you are now at Iwollo, stroll into the College, snap the admin building and post it.

That's how we know who is lying.

For complete avoidance of doubt, I said:
1. No single additional building aside old TTC's
2. No single release of College's capital vote in the State's budget
3. No take off grant given to the College

Ngwa, your work is crafted for you.

I await...

u keep shifting ground. No need to argue with u.

and I'm not your errand boy to be looking for Admin block to snap. u said there's no single building added to ttc and ive snapped one as promised only it can't upload as i feared.
when i get back to base i will post it.

Demenu!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is This True About The Gala Sausage Roll?? A Must See!! Pics Included / Buhari Finally Bows To Niger Delta Avengers / Rochas Okorocha Celebrates His 55th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.