Stats: 3,152,501 members, 7,816,192 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised (10102 Views)

Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” / One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 10:39am On Jul 11, 2014
Obiagelli: before some of us finish a sentence, they will attack us, truth will always find its way out. This is supposed to be the best pdp governor after akpabio. Concentrate on repainting roads

Yes infact some of the paints are worn off and it will be repainted. Now go and die.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Activity77(m): 11:24am On Jul 11, 2014
Why can't we as igbo criticise contructively,enugu state belongs to us weda u were born dia or nt.developmnt or underdevelopmnt wil affect us all.so claiming am 4rm anambra,imo abia wunt help pls.chime tried his best wit scarce resources.bikonu

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 11:33am On Jul 11, 2014
Dear Passion, I praise you for being honourable in this matter, admitting issues not addressed in healthcare and education when our focus has not even reached there.

To be honest with you, this exchange should not be about Sullivan. Sullivan's administration is going to be history in a few months. He is just a reference point for us as residents and citizens to begin to engage with whoever wishes to ascend to that post.

The matter therefore is: should Sullivan's performance be a model for next governor to follow? Not fail or pass mark.

There's water in New Haven and no water in immediate adjoining Independence layout; is that the sound of depth is provision of utilities?

There is 4-point agenda of which infrastructure is 1 of and taking stock of work done it is only is Enugu metro. Is dat a model to copy and propagate? Just infrastructure o.

Now Rural Devt cum Rural Industry is another of the 4-point agenda. How far?

You helped to showcase that core and essential Social Service -Healthcare and Education are below mark.

So where is the performance? Announcing 4-point agenda and scratching on 1 in a whole 8years, is dat what next administration should deliver to us? There is an integrity issue here.

On the 3km, yes I intended to be definite and I truly am serious. Try and encircly Enugu urban, and from any point from the fringe, do 3km and let's see.

E.g. Start from the airport junction, head to emenite. From across the rail, total absence of road magic. No attn to Emene town. From base of Ugwu Onyeama, head out you hit 9th mile, a lost opportunity. From Nike lake, you are heading out to Nsukka via Igbo Etiti. Nsukka is a shame. Why would there be no proper medians and street lighting in Enugu rd and all thru Nsukka town, d no 2 city in Enugu?

So pls, next team needs not copy failure.
We need to be more demanding than making excuses for obvious lapses and total lack of drive.

passion007:

Your grouse is that you have to buy water---that's stressful.
In New Haven, just adjacent to Independence Layout, water flows from our taps, and I mean water from Water Corporation.

But you mention that 3km away from Enugu, one is confronted with poverty and decay... Hmmm. That's the sound of propaganda.
3km is a precise and small distance, so I assume you were speaking metaphorically. But what do you mean precisely?

I agree Sullivan has underperformed in Education and Healthcare. But that's not enough to fail him. Keep in mind that in 2014, Enugu State will be getting the least allocation of all states in the SE--yes, even lower than Ebonyi!

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2014
I don't know why he is sounding so pugnacious, looking for who to spar with and who to mudfight with.

otil1: Dear Passion, I praise you for being honourable in this matter, admitting issues not addressed in healthcare and education when our focus has not even reached there.

To be honest with you, this exchange should not be about Sullivan. Sullivan's administration is going to be history in a few months. He is just a reference point for us as residents and citizens to begin to engage with whoever wishes to ascend to that post.

The matter therefore is: should Sullivan's performance be a model for next governor to follow? Not fail or pass mark.

There's water in New Haven and no water in immediate adjoining Independence layout; is that the sound of depth is provision of utilities?

There is 4-point agenda of which infrastructure is 1 of and taking stock of work done it is only is Enugu metro. Is dat a model to copy and propagate? Just infrastructure o.

You helped to showcase that core and essential Social Service -Healthcare and Education are below mark.

So where is the performance? Announcing 4-point agenda and scratching on 1 in a whole 8years, is dat what next administration should deliver to us? There is an integrity issue here.

On the 3km, yes I intended to be definite and I truly am serious. Try and encircly Enugu urban, and from any point from the fringe, do 3km and let's see.

E.g. Start from the airport junction, head to emenite. From across the rail, total absence of road magic. No attn to Emene town. From base of Ugwu Onyeama, head out you hit 9th mile, a lost opportunity. From Nike lake, you are heading out to Nsukka via Igbo Etiti. Nsukka is a shame. Why would there be no proper medians and street lighting in Enugu rd and all thru Nsukka town, d no 2 city in Enugu?

We need to be more demanding than making excuses for obvious lapses and total lack of drive.

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 11, 2014
otil1: Dear Passion, I praise you for being honourable in this matter, admitting issues not addressed in healthcare and education when our focus has not even reached there.

nna, I agree with u.
All these 'low allocation and igr' mantra won't lead us anywhere.

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by passion007: 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2014
otil1:
There is 4-point agenda of which infrastructure is 1 of and taking stock of work doneit is only is Enugu metro. Is dat a model to copy and propagate? Just infrastructure o.

This half-truth has been oft-repeated. The Abakpa Nike - Opi highway was built from scratch, making Nsukka (hitherto the farthest from Enugu city) closer to Enugu than most parts of Enugu. The same road gives an offshoot that connects to Isi Uzo, and from there, there's Ikem-Obollo highway that connects to Igboeze.
I would also love for Nsukka inner roads to be in good shape, but I know that costs money... moreso for a state receiving one of the least allocations.

Admit it or not, Enugu has come a long way from that insecure, sleepy town beset with sectional leaders such as Nnamani and Nwodo. Chime has introduced a unique form of leadership; there is hardly a community that hasn't benefited in one way from the states scarce resources.

Education has been suboptimal, yet that didn't stop our kids from coming third nationwide in the Unity schools entrance exam. That didn't stop our SSCE students from recording the highest pass rate in our history. Think what will happen if Education eventually receives her due.

Finally, yes I think the next governor should do well to emulate aspects of Chime's prudent and far-reaching style of governance.
Think of that woman from my Isi Uzo LGA who used to be all covered in dust before she could reach Enugu. Today, she reaches Enugu sparkling as the noonday sun (And, yes, our women are that pretty smiley )But still, we implore Chime to hasten up the road to connect Eha Amufu, and then to Nkalagu borderland.
But unlike you, I'm not going to say he's a failure in order to achieve that.

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spikesC(m): 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
Chai, i came late.

I have been saying it time without number, people living in Enugu central are all blind cheesy

We have so many blind people in Enugu that they all concentrate on criticizing the federal government than the immediate state and local government which they should hold responsible for many of the shortcomings in the state.

The highest con men in Nigeria are all in the state and local government.

Most Nigerians don't even know the duties of their local government. Everything must be done by GEJ.
They don't even know the federal and state government roads.

Chai, illiteracy is killing us.

Back to that idiat called Sullivan Chime

Thank you for blinding them for 8 years with yellow over priced cabs, street lights and a few kilometer road patches.
I don't blame you sha, you didn't even campaign for your first election. Na dash wey dem dash you Governor.

#patientlyWaitingForBlindPeopleToTalkNonsense

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spikesC(m): 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
passion007:

This half-truth has been oft-repeated. The Abakpa Nike - Opi highway was built from scratch, making Nsukka closer to Enugu than most parts of Enugu. The same road gives an offshoot that connects to Isi Uzo, and from there, there's Ikem-Obollo highway that connects to Igboeze.
I would also love for Nsukka inner roads to be in good shape, but I know that costs money... moreso for a state receiving one of the least allocations.

Admit it or not, Enugu has come a long way from that insecure, sleepy town beset with sectional leaders such as Nnamani and Nwodo. Chime has introduced a unique form of leadership; there is hardly a community that hasn't benefited in one way from the states scarce resources.

Education has been suboptimal, yet that didn't stop our kids from coming third nationwide in the Unity schools entrance exam. That didn't stop our SSCE students from recording the highest pass rate in our history. Think what will happen if Education eventually receives her due.

Finally, yes I think the next governor should do well to emulate aspects of Chime's prudent and far-reaching style of governance.
Think of that woman from my Isi Uzo LGA who used to be all covered in dust before she could reach Enugu. Today, she reaches Enugu sparkling as the noonday sun (And, yes, our woman are that pretty smiley )But still, we implore Chime to hasten up the road to connect Eha Amufu, and then to Nkalagu borderland.

Sullivan is a sectional leader and he is as incompetent and clueless as any politician in Nigeria.
Education has not only been sub-optimal under him, education has been literally left unattended.

When was the last time you been to a public school in Enugu grin
Been long ofcourse, Nigerians are not interested into affairs that does not relate directly to them.

Sullivan, evidently, is not interested in the educational sector (pls don't mention the school general transport bus grin ).
I better not go deep into what i cannot prove to you at the moment wink

Coming to the roads, how many roads where developed by Sullivan from scratch.
How many roads were really patched grin
And how many linked to multiple places.

Development is not when everything is jam packed in one area. It is not when one residential area benefits from a certain privilege nor even when substandard bridges are built angry

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Ikology(m): 12:35pm On Jul 11, 2014

When you continue to say no pipe borne water in independence layout, what streets oar areas are you refering to? All streets adjoinning Nza street, all streets adjoining Bisala road, Agric bank areas including WAEC etc all have pipe borne water. though some of these areas have water before water Chime came.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spikesC(m): 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2014
ojimbo: Am not from enugu, am an anambrariang, i had my school time in enugu. You have said it all, chime made enugu what it is today than the past criminal that govern enugu state....

This is what am talking about. Illiterates and ignorant morons.
You are not from Enugu and you do not live here but you sabi Enugu pass those that were born and bred in Enugu grin

Oya, list 10 public infrastructures your so called governor from heaven did for you.
Make i list 10 from Chimaroke Nnamani.

Infact, you can add any development of your choice grin

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spikesC(m): 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ikology: When you continue to say no pipe borne water in independence layout, what streets oar areas are you refering to? All streets adjoinning Nza street, all streets adjoining Bisala road, Agric bank areas including WAEC etc all have pipe borne water. though some of these areas have water before water Chime came.

Enugu has always had water problems.
Since i was a kid, one thing we notice is that water corporation digs the ground and repairs pipes, but we have never had water come out from there grin

Go to Abakpa, Trans Ekulu, Emene and Coal camp.
These are all heavily populated areas.

New heaven and Independence layout benefit just a little.

Now, we were only talking of Enugu metropolis oooooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy

Now find all the names of all cities, LGA and villages in Enugu and ask them how they get water grin
If you do not source for water on your own, you'll die. Shikena sad

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by mej67: 1:14pm On Jul 11, 2014
I believe it's clear that not all are fooled.

I dare summarize Chime's reign as follows:

"Nothing goes for nothing"
1.Beautifying Enugu metropolis: that's where Chime stays and where he entertains his visiting colleagues. From landing at the airport to govt house excellent and drive around.

2. Street lighting in Enugu is for night life in the centre, for him mainly (oringo chief) and his night parties

3. Apakpa-Nsukka rd, excellent, tho existing road reopened is to give a feeling of friend of Nsukka plus ready to "dash" them governor by zoning. But because Nsukka town is never his route, he completely forgot to also touch a whole 1st university town in Eastern Nigeria showing lack of real interest.

4. Link to Isi Uzo is to link to his friend Amb Kinsley Ebenyi now house of rep member

5. Old road 9th mile to Udi to Oji is oga excellency's way home. Same with Udi Ozalla. Can he boast of same from 9th Mile to okpatu to Umulumgbe, no! Same road o.

6. 9th Mile to Umulokpa is to oga farm (post retirement thinz grin. Ask me abt that later).

7. Old airport road is thinkers corner revampment, Ugbo Chime thinz grin. We initially Thot it was to give dose poor people in Ugbo Chime access way until they were all thrown out like weavils and worms.

For the masses:
Industry (jobs)-Zero. Even presidential hotels has completely collapsed throwing over 300 employees to d job market. E concern him. Nigersteel, Nigas, Ikenga hotel Nsukka all comatoes and completely deleted from Govt literature
Rural communities -Better go an die, nothing for u if u live in rural areas. Igwes have been "settled" with old model Hyundai (which cost is being deducted from their salaries -nothing goes for nothing bro grin). Most live in Enugu city anyway.
Public schools -poverty is a disease. If you can't send your children to better school (Pine Crest way), na u sabi
Healthcare: forget healthcentres, forget general hospitals (even Udi general hospital sharing wall with Oga governor LGA HQ), come to Parklane (perfectly Udinized)
Food: forget it. My father no be farmer. Enugu marketing company has been empowered to import rice from Thailand (instead of marketing Enugu produces to the world as originally designed by Okpara)

Little wonder he is never bold to face the press. Ugly questions can come

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
I've never seen so much dirty undies in public like these ones being spread by ndigbo on this thread grin yuck grin yuck grin yuck grin

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spikesC(m): 1:38pm On Jul 11, 2014
mej67: I believe it's clear that not all are fooled.

I dare summarize Chime's reign as follows:

^^^^Gbameesssssssssst cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This guy lives in Enugu.
These are the kind of people you should listen to.

I never wanted to analyse to those things i could not prove. Next people will say you're spreading false rumors and propaganda.

Na only person wey dey, wey go know.

Na today we dey see the idiat for Night clubs?
Who doesn't know what he's doing there.

Na today the picanto distribution start grin

Nsukka is starting to benefit because he will hand over the governorship election to that other idiat wink

He don distribute Hyundai cars to those devilish people that no one talks at all.

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
TribalEAST: I've never seen so much dirty undies in public like these ones being spread by ndigbo on this thread grin yuck grin yuck grin yuck grin

Let it be .
Its for our own betterment,
Who knows? This might be what prevented our places from being backward and looking like ancient ruins ( as is found in we-know-where).
U ppl keep covering for laid back Ibadan, osogbo,ekiti till I saw them with my eyes.
*spits*

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spikesC(m): 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2014
Infact, i am even ashamed that an Nsukka person will rise up and defend him.
Jeeez, after all these years, na this year he come remember una cheesy cheesy cheesy

Even people of Udi, his hometown, waged media war on him before he started renovating their roads

Chai, chai, chai....

The truth must always prevail cool
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
passion007:

Nobody is diverting the thread; the Anambra detour was to keep Chino and his other monikers from criticizing seeing as he's not open to criticism himself.

Your grouse is that you have to buy water---that's stressful.
In New Haven, just adjacent to Independence Layout, water flows from our taps, and I mean water from Water Corporation. In fact, PAYG Meters and taps have all been installed, and presently awaiting commissioning.
My village also has potable water, and electricity.

But you mention that 3km away from Enugu, one is confronted with poverty and decay... Hmmm. That's the sound of propaganda.
3km is a precise and small distance, so I assume you were speaking metaphorically. But what do you mean precisely?
I agree Sullivan has underperformed in Education and Healthcare. But that's not enough to fail him. Keep in mind that in 2014, Enugu State will be getting the least allocation of all states in the SE--yes, even lower than Ebonyi!
@bolded. Why the lower allocation?

@topic. I just observed, quietly, to get the motive behind this thread and where it's heading. Now, i have, it's not worth my energy.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
Evergreen123:

Let it be .
Its for our own betterment,
Who knows? This might be what prevented our places from being backward and looking like ancient ruins ( as is found in we-know-where).
U ppl keep covering for laid back Ibadan, osogbo,ekiti till I saw them with my eyes.
*spits*
but you cretins have always made us to think south east was heaven, how come you are all now arguing on whose pant is dirtier?

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by mej67: 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
While d debate is on:
See how little seed sowing can change lives. Read
http://theadvocatengr.com/new/?p=2234

Ekweremadu battles adult illiteracy in Enugu
* 5,000 adults get First School Leaving Certificates under Ikeoha Foundation Adult Literacy Programme

“I lost an opportunity to go to school early in life due to early marriage.  I dropped out of Primary 4 when my parents gave me out for marriage and since then I have been lamenting my illiteracy until another opportunity was created for us by Senator Ike Ekweremadu.  Through his Adult Literacy programme many of us in the villages can now read and write and I am very grateful to Ikeoha for restoring my hope, now I can read and write,” elated 40 year-old Mrs. Maria Nwaroh from Aninri Local Government Area of Enugu State told newsmen during the graduation ceremony for the first and second batches of the Ikeoha Foundation Adult Literacy programme
Mrs. Nwaroh, a mother of six children the first of who is 25 year-old, who escorted her to the ceremony, showered praises on Senator Ekweremadu for his interest in uplifting the downtrodden in the society.

“This senator is a blessing to us.  Apart from providing infrastructures in our local communities especially road, water and electricity, he has extended his good gestures to educating those of us who have lost hope of being educated from our childhood either due to the inability of our parents to train us or as a result of early marriage.  May God bless him,” said Mrs. Nwaroh, who promised to continue his education to secondary school level..

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by IGBOSON1: 2:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
centje: @bolded. Why the lower allocation?

@topic. I just observed, quietly, to get the motive behind this thread and where it's heading. Now, i have, it's not worth my energy.

^^^I knew from the initial post what this thread was all about! It's all politics!!

Chime remains the best Governor in the South East......anyone wey no like am fit go swim with the sharks! wink

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spikesC(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^I knew from the initial post what this thread was all about! It's all politics!!

Chime remains the best Governor in the South East......anyone wey no like am fit go swim with the sharks! wink

Ofcourse he is, ya'll are more interested in the south west than the open fraud in your homeland.
That's why politics section is filled with negative tribalism and intellectually inept individuals.

And that's basically why Nigeria is a sitting duck wink

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
IGBOSON1:

chino and other anambra people are easy fooled by the ofe.sullivan is the best governor in southeast.maybe obiano will rival him later coming from anambra person

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by passion007: 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
centje: @bolded. Why the lower allocation?

My brother, I'm yet to find an answer.
Anambra: 145 billion
Imo: 138 billion
Abia: 115 billion
Ebonyi: 99 billion
Enugu: 93 billion

It's 10 billion up from last year, but still...
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
TribalEAST: but you cretins have always made us to think south east was heaven, how come you are all now arguing on whose pant is dirtier?
we want more
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by IGBOSON1: 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
spikesC:

Ofcourse he is, ya'll are more interested in the south west than the open fraud in your homeland.
That's why politics section is filled with negative tribalism and intellectually inept individuals.

And that's basically why Nigeria is a sitting duck wink

^^^I'm not prepared to join issues with you paid bitter hacks!

Like i said b/4, you can go sleep with the fishes if you don't like our Sullivan!

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
mej67:

Enugu: The Ugly Side Of Sullivan Chime’s Administration
http://247ureports.com/?p=54113

Governor of Enugu state Mr. Sullivan Chime, in some quarters is referred to as a “silent achiever.” He is so called because in his habit he does not take seriously advertising whatever modest achievement his administration makes. Investigation has however revealed that Chime could be running away from being noted as governor who only concentrated efforts within two out of the seventeen local government areas in the state.
Even at that, the major achievement of the Chime administration concentrated within Enugu metropolis in his urban renewal agenda are mostly on resurfacing of township roads, streets and traffic lights, road cautions and just aesthetic beautification of few radius of the capital city out of 12,440 square kilometres land mass of Enugu state.
For the sake of revealing the ugly side of the Chime administration, it will be most appropriate to take the 17 local governments areas of the state one after the other and examine the much touted achievements of the seven and a half years administration of Chime and x-ray projects executed in those areas. We shall also look at what were not done and match them up for a critical analysis of the administration.

ENUGU NORTH LGA

Enugu North local government area is hearth of Enugu metropolis, it the hub of the state upon which the state government house, otherwise known as Lion building rests.

Embarrassing ditch at the every busy Holy Ghost area in heart of Enugu metropolis

Part of bad Goly Ghost road

Still on Holy Ghost roads
In this metropolitan area, there is undoubt-able presence of performance by the administration. When Chime assumed office in 2007, he met bad portions of road all over the metropolis and tackled them with passion. He also dualized roads in the metropolis and extended other major roads like the upper Presidential road, upper Independence avenue, among others. There was water reactivation that increased water supply to areas as the old GRA, New Haven. There was also lightening of the streets and improved security but beneath the facade of the aesthetics are unemployment and deprivation in other social infrastructure.

Udi siding road suffering from negelect by the Chime administration
In the area of health for instance, there was significant development in the sector. The parklane hospital where Chime’s predecessor, Chimaroke Nnamani, built massive infrastructure, there has not been further medical equipment of the specialist hospital, there has not been improvement in hostel facilities for the growing students while there has been mass exodus of doctors migrating to UNTH and other better welfare packaged hospitals. The politics of leadership of the Parklane also contributed in destroying the renowned hospital. Shortly Chime came into government, the former Chief Medical Director of the hospital, Dr. Ude retired and by hierarchy, Dr. Ezugwu from Nsukka was supposed to replace Udeh but Chime made sure that his kinsman from Udi took over and since then, everything in the hospital has been “Udinized”.

‘One year one block’ proposed Diagnostic centre that has eluded Governor Chime
Significantly, the Chime administration conceived the idea of building a diagnostic centre and commenced the structure at old trade fair ground facing market garden. That project for over five years has not been able to come up to the level of roofing the house, raising concerns that Chime is not interest in developing health sector but would rather travel abroad to receive treatment each time he fall sick. The much touted free maternal care for pregnant women never worked as women are subjected to producing tax clearances before they could benefit and eroded the down trodden opportunity of such policy that would have been laudable. The Asata and New Haven heath centres are shadows of themselves.
In the area of schools management, Chime gave out buses to secondary schools and tried to initiate free bus rides for students but was short leaved. Though secondary students of JSS 1 to 3 don’t pay school fees in the state there class rooms are all in adequate, filled to the brim and over stretched that teachers can’t find where to stand to deliver lectures. Examples of such schools are bound such as the GTC Enugu, it’s nearby comprehensive secondary school at the old trade fair ground, New Haven secondary school, just to name but a few. The primary schools in the metropolis are different either. At St. Peter’s primary school Ogbete in Coal Camp, the pupils study under uncondusive old building erected by the colonial masters, same is the case at St. Bridget’s primary school Asata, Obiagu road Primary school has been taken over by auto mechanics and so on and so forth.

Undeserving and neglected Obiagu primary school in Enugu

Ancient and mordern St. Peter’s primary school, Ogbete, coal camp Enugu taken over by heaps of refuse
On tertiary institutions, the Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT), is still shopping N100b to complete infrastructure at the permanent site in Agbani while the ESUT school fees is now beyond the reach of the poor. The management of ESUT complains that the state government is not giving the institution tangible subvention to sustain the university and that was the reason why it resorted to generating money through the students. The Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) is a similar story with ESUT. In IMT most students leave off campus paying outrageous rents and the Chime administration failed to expand hostel facilities to ameliorate the sufferings of students.
The waste disposing system which Chime tried to start well soon than he started it went comatose as even the intolerant personnel of Enugu State Waste Management Authority (ENSWMA) resorted to killing innocent children for no justifiable cause. The substandard Chinese disposing truck acquired at the early stage of the Chime administration soon packed up and today heaps of refuse have returned to conspicuous places like Holy Ghost, coal camp, Obiagu, just to mention but a few in Enugu north local government area.

Heaps of refuse litter coal camp, Enugu
On water provision, it is only some locations within Enugu north LGA that experience running taps once but not more than twice in a week. Such places are New haven, GRA, Ogui New layout and that’s it. Taps don’t run in the High brow Independence layout where the government house is located and where most government institution and senior citizens reside.

Residents of Bunker, Ngenev, Obed camp scoop water from abandoned coal mines

Residents of Onoh quaters GRA scoop water from open Ekulu river

Obed camp, Ngeneve communities of Enugu metropolis drink water from abandoned coal mines
Even in the much talked about roads infrastructure that the administration is assumed to have done well, portholes have returned to majority of the streets among which the most noticeable include market road (Holy Ghost area). Other roads with serious and large potholes are Abakalili road by Ogui junction, Upper Ogui road, Okpara square area, Achi Street by ESBS junction. Just to mention few prominent ones. What is quite discernable from the road failures is that the roads where never done to high standards contrary to the jubilations that greeted the resurfacing of the metropolitan areas, otherwise quality roads are supposed to last a life span of not less than 20 years as is evident in road constructed by Dr. Chris Ngige in Anambra state.
Even at that many roads suffer neglect in Enugu north local government. Several roads Udi siding, Independence layout, Ogui-Nike, Enugu-Ngwo, GRA are yet to receive the attention of the state government. It is however remarkable to note that the state government does roads in partnership with local governments and so the state cannot receive all the glory for ones that were done at their usual low standard.
On electricity, it is not on record that the state government in the past seven and a half years procured transformers to help energize any part of the metropolis that some areas experience low shading electricity just like no know industry has sprang up in the area. Whereas the capital territory authority knocks down the property of innocent residents, the Chime family has been expanding their territory by erecting multi-billion naira estates in a parcel of land reserved by the state for future public use. The estate is a common site behind Enugu press centre and close to the Conference centre which has abandoned to rot away.
-
Still on Enugu metropolis, a review of Chime’s administration and how it affected Enugu South local government will shock you. Watch out for next edition.

mej67: While d debate is on:
See how little seed sowing can change lives. Read
http://theadvocatengr.com/new/?p=2234

Ekweremadu battles adult illiteracy in Enugu
* 5,000 adults get First School Leaving Certificates under Ikeoha Foundation Adult Literacy Programme

“I lost an opportunity to go to school early in life due to early marriage.  I dropped out of Primary 4 when my parents gave me out for marriage and since then I have been lamenting my illiteracy until another opportunity was created for us by Senator Ike Ekweremadu.  Through his Adult Literacy programme many of us in the villages can now read and write and I am very grateful to Ikeoha for restoring my hope, now I can read and write,” elated 40 year-old Mrs. Maria Nwaroh from Aninri Local Government Area of Enugu State told newsmen during the graduation ceremony for the first and second batches of the Ikeoha Foundation Adult Literacy programme
Mrs. Nwaroh, a mother of six children the first of who is 25 year-old, who escorted her to the ceremony, showered praises on Senator Ekweremadu for his interest in uplifting the downtrodden in the society.

“This senator is a blessing to us.  Apart from providing infrastructures in our local communities especially road, water and electricity, he has extended his good gestures to educating those of us who have lost hope of being educated from our childhood either due to the inability of our parents to train us or as a result of early marriage.  May God bless him,” said Mrs. Nwaroh, who promised to continue his education to secondary school level..

IGBOSON1:

add electric fish and crocodile to the list grin
The above is the real motive behind the thread. Other motives are there, but secondary. While, Criticism, especially when it's objective or constructive, is good, spreading lies is just a cheap way of gaining political support. Such option is usually taken up by bird brains, who can't strategize.

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spikesC(m): 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^I'm not prepared to join issues with you paid bitter hacks!

Like i said b/4, you can go sleep with the fishes if you don't like our Sullivan!

Ofcourse, everyone is paid grin
Even those who don't post on the politics section. As far as they oppose you, they are paid.

Our sullivan indeed. Did he dash your father a hyundai elantra grin
I think you must have benefited from one of his extravagant bribery cheesy

If you want to be a good citizen of Nigeria, leave the southwest alone, come down to your hometown and hold those thieves accountable.
Charity begins from home. And that is why i don't join ya'll lazy intellectually inept individuals in your tribalistic endeavors tongue

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
spikesC:

Ofcourse, everyone is paid grin
Even those who don't post on the politics section. As far as they oppose you, they are paid.

Our sullivan indeed. Did he dash your father a hyundai elantra grin
I think you must have benefited from one of his extravagant bribery cheesy

If you want to be a good citizen of Nigeria, leave the southwest alone, come down to your hometown and hold those thieves accountable.
Charity begins from home. And that is why i don't join ya'll lazy intellectually inept individuals in your tribalistic endeavors tongue
hw many igbos are in south west? Number of igbos home still trumps their population outside southeast

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spikesC(m): 3:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
centje:
add electric fish and crocodile to the list grin
The above is the real motive behind the thread. Other motives are there, but secondary. While, Criticism, especially when it's objective or constructive, is good, spreading lies is just a cheap way of gaining political support. Such option is usually taken up by bird brains, who can't strategize.

For the fact that the OP started marketing another cheap stunt does not mean the truth should not be stated.
He is just like you all who roam about the politics section. They pick up the negative remarks of a particular person, state or region. Add pepper and salt and front another political tout as God sent.

Sullivan is a fraud. An incompetent, clueless and morally starved politician, as is most of them tongue

You didn't make a comment, even a constructive one, because you feel it will give the other regions boost.
You felt they would come and laugh at you, mock you and degenerate your intellect, just as you always do to them.

Therefore, you are as guilty as the criminal lord because you hid the truth, defended your erring brother and kept mute from questioning and suggesting better alternative to the current administration.

Ya'll political section bigots are the reason why the country is not moving forward as it should angry angry angry tongue tongue tongue

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by spikesC(m): 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
presher: hw many igbos are in south west? Number of igbos home still trumps their population outside southeast

Am not talking about migration here, am talking about what goes on in the politics section of Nairaland.

The defending my brother syndrome and destroying the opposition angry

Which doesn't solve any damn thing in the country
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
spikesC:

Am not talking about migration here, am talking about what goes on in the politics section of Nairaland.

The defending my brother syndrome and destroying the opposition angry

Which doesn't solve any damn thing in the country
if enugu have huge allocation ,chime will turn enugu to london,enugu city is the best in southeast,you cannot compare enugu to any south west city ibadan,oshogbo,illorin, except lagos
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 3:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
Yeye op just gave himself away.

We thank Sullivan for opening up most communities

we thank him for revitalizing our state capital

we thank him for the various projects undertaken.

we thank him for his unique style of governance

The next gov should build on that.

Demenu!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Group Worried About The Influx Of Ex-Governors Into Senate / Danger!! Unclad Men Tattoo With Biafra Flags Appear In Aba Dare Soldiers-pics / EKO Atlantic Has Erected Fences To Keep Nigerians Out. Is This Good?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144