Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,037 members, 7,863,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:08 AM

Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area (14426 Views)

How Is The Light Situation In Your Area / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? / "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by Roliks09: 11:45am On Jul 11, 2014
Deiok: They are loadshelding ours here three hours three times a day, which make it 9hours light everyday.
sounds like Benin GRA. Now, na calculation a dey take do things now
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by jamanuka: 11:47am On Jul 11, 2014
Chief Amadi street,Mile 4,Port Harcourt....it is very poor...like 2 hours once in 3 days
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by Evanscoth(f): 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
dobys: instead of paying nepa bills u can use meters dt use cards its cheaper cus if ders noo light 4 one mnt d meter aint running till dey bring back d light sooo no nid of dashin PHCN moni 4 noffing.

Really..................have u forgotten meter maintaincea fee. U buy 2k- 200 units for eletricity consumption which is not suppose to last upto a month in areas with constant power supply, u end up using it for ten months cos of erratic power supply. Ugo back to PHCN and 900 x 10 months ie d no of months it took u to exhaust d 200 units before they be able to sell anoda unit top u.mmmmm

Either way Pre paid or no pre paid PHCN has bn fraud since 18z0
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by Tex42(m): 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
Have never xperienced such consistency in power supply in naija b4.Here in Awka(deeper live axis),it's 20hrs-22hrs on...blasting p-square's Testimony on ma LG HT.
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by latola05(m): 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
I have always doubted the authenticity of the fact that Ghana enjoys constant power supply not until i came here for a visit. Its seriously an embarrassing moment for Nigeria that we are still struggling to enjoy uninterrupted power supply for a whole year.

Since I arrived here in Accra on the night of 6th July, light was taken for only 2 mins and later restored. Until we take our future into our hands, Nigeria will never improve especially by calling for ban on generators and heavy plants. The bad leaders are seriously benefitting from the importation of generators and sale of petrol and diesel at the expense of poor masses. Can we please organise ourselves and stage this protest once and for all? Seun, please act and be a better pathfinder by knowing how to organize nairalanders and other youths to call for ban on importation of generators. They will sit up if all of us sleeps in darkness. God heal Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by portable86(f): 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
I have to commend them oo,in my area for the past 4yrs,we have experienced at least 22hrs power supply on a daily basis.ask anyone living in aba around azikwe and ngwa road axis.
Up nepaaa!!! grin
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by musicwriter(m): 12:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
Electricity wher they promised since 1960?.

Listen to "Na Dem Dem" on youtube. Enjoy your electricity and good road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rebwLLyzrr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNLDFmJ9K0w
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by dolandi: 12:38pm On Jul 11, 2014
I can boldly tell you that light in VGC has been 24/7. occasional outages but never last above 10mins.

For over six months, it's been steady electricity. Amazing
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 11, 2014
in my area in lagos , ojo we use to have light 1hour or 2hour max every 7days but since i came to benin city its being a different story , i stay at sapele road and we use to have light 22hours daily and something they dont even take it for straight 5days , people here are enjoying seriously
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by bassdow: 12:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
I have said this time without numbers - We Nigerian's are the architect of most of Our problems. If NEPA or PHCN doesn't give Us light, then it's Our fault and not theirs.
Take for instance; What would You say of a lady/woman who complain of her Man (Husband) not wedding her and paying for her Bride price when you find out She's living with the Man and have given Him about 2 or more children. Then it's certainly not the Man's fault because of what use is it to pay for what you have already gotten for free (and at your disposal).

Now You keep complaining about NEPA / PHCN not giving you light yet you keep paying. Then it's absolutely your fault because you aren't motivating them to do their job. Of course of what use is it for them to stress themselves rendering a service (giving you light) when they also can get paid for not working also. Not until We learn this simple things, We would continue being cheated by this Waste Products called government.
It's funny seeing people who don't have light bribe NEPA/PHCN officials so they don't disconnect their wires.

NB: It's not surprising that generators are also used in NEPA/PHCN offices.

PS: Not until We learn to reject and ignore most misleading laws made by the crooks in government, We shouldn't ever expect something good. Mind You even a mad man can't plant a yam and expect to harvest an Orange.

3 Likes

Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by egariyi(f): 12:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
In Phc especially Mgbuoba, Rumuokoro, Choba, its been total darkness since more than 4 months now. Its now 1 day of 2-3 hrs supply and one week of absolute darkness. This has always been attributed to vandalisation of their transmission system which they dont care to fix. Afterall, there is always the fixed monthly rate to be collected.

On a second note, why is the private investors always attributing their inefficiencies to vandalism and gas supply. These issues were there when phcn/nepa were in charge and yet we got better supply. why is it worst now even at private management? :oIn
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by oseyomo: 12:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
Good for them in Akwa Ibom, in my place, we've not seen light for over Three Months running ( not joke) in Association Avenue and its environs in Oke-afa Oposite Jarkande gate in Isolo, Lagos. The officials keep promising today or tomorrow. Its so frustrating that in this century power outage can still be this overwhelming issue.
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by lwise(m): 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2014
We do enjoy power supply in my area but now before you pack your clothes out for ironing,the light will be off.
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by Revolva(m): 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
see na wao since end of may some dude tried to fight nepa officials who came for their bills till date we never see light for two months i swear d worldcup na fuel each day n going to hotels to chill n watch ...i dey para ooo why should nepa take away our fuse in the transformer away for two months wat a shameful wiked nation no matter wat d boys did its not theoir right to do dat
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by Btruth: 12:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
2-3 hours X 2 times in a week in my area. We are under the Ibadan Municipal whatever power holding. But they've really been holding the light since inception. To be honest, I'm bothered about electricity in Nigeria. I've concluded that no government can get it right again in this our generation.
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by Anowax(m): 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
YoungDaNaval: Nigeria is bleeped up, In Germany There Use To Be Light 24/7!!
Breaking news

1 Like

Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by RazziP(m): 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
Great nairalanders please i cant find my comment, if you see it contact me. Thank you
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by luluosas(m): 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
Terrible! Yola South LGA, Adamawa State.
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by juwoonn(m): 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
In Isanlu, Kogi state. There has been no light for the past 3 months. So terrible...
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
There's been noticeable improvement where I stay in abuja. Even though sleeping with electricity is usually the norm, at least light has been less erratic during the day. I will be hesitant to praise any one yet knowing that power is usually decent around this period( rainy season).
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by ElPhenomenal(m): 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
I hvnt seen power here in sagamu for the past three days
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by meltech(m): 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
In port harcourt, borikiri to be precise, we don't see light at all. God help us!
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by Amhappy(f): 1:22pm On Jul 11, 2014
I never see light for my house since Jan and this is the 7th month of the year. Daris God ooooo
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 11, 2014
today is making a month and two weeks no electricity in my community. some local govt are lucky to have two hours light some days
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by juwoonn(m): 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
MOD pls tell Oga Seun to investigate my username and unban me in the business section or else I will pray and fast for another NL attack o

Bcs I didn't do anything
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by Philistine(m): 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2014
juwoonn: In Isanlu, Kogi state. There has been no light for the past 3 months. So terrible...
Hmmn! Yagba East lg! U make me remember my Nysc days.

1 Like

Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by juwoonn(m): 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
Philistine: Hmmn! Yagba East lg! U make me remember my Nysc days.
U're still lucky, I served in a worse lga. Echumofana, Yala LGA of Cross River State where there were no electricity poles and wires not to talk of power. It was blackout al through my 12months of NYSC. And I had a bushcut on pop day to show I was coming from a bush. Lol

Fast forward 7years, I still keep contact and not a single pole till today. Naija I hail

1 Like

Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by Themandator: 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
It has significantly improved in my area of Calabar... 8th miles technical roundabout area
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by Seun(m): 1:59pm On Jul 11, 2014
juwoonn: MOD pls tell Oga Seun to investigate my username and unban me in the business section or else I will pray and fast for another NL attack o

Bcs I didn't do anything
Mail Mods.
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by Deiok(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
Roliks09: sounds like Benin GRA. Now, na calculation a dey take do things now
its actually Benin.
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by nwaobitex: 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
my own na low current wey no fit carry fan for kano
Re: Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area by juwoonn(m): 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2014
Seun: Mail Mods.
Thnx bro... But, how am I gonna do that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case / PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result / Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.