Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,102 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person (30011 Views)

My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife / MY BROTHER IS Cheating On His Wife / 6 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by bigheaddey: 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
lawa18: for those asking, I am a guy. U guys don't get it, My problem is not that they are in love. Where am concerned is that under normal circumstance they cannot marry because of the incompatibility in there genotype. they r both AS. God knows I am not bothered when they started despite the alienation. How can they marry in this situation. My brother was looking for a wife before he met this gal
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by justi4jesu(f): 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2014
jhidey08: go and die

Hhahaha i don try am e no work grin tongue
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by freecocoa(f): 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
Damyion: Instances? Like what? Make she go phuck person wey get SS?
I don't know what you are yapping about but I believe any sensible person will understand what I meant.
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by proudly233: 6:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
'Op, cool your temperature, your brother is are chopulate konomie'.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Vikky014(f): 6:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
jhidey08: . Think am well na
owk,so i shld nt share a true life related story?go & end d relationship nah,mtcheeew,,.*runs out of thread*
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by jhidey08(m): 6:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
justi4jesu:

Hhahaha i don try am e no work grin tongue
lwkmd. Ahswear u af mad... Ahswear.
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Damyion(m): 6:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
freecocoa: I don't know what you are yapping about but I believe any sensible person will understand what I meant.
kk.
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by streetzdreamz(m): 6:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
lawa18: tnx for ur advice n wisdom. U r among those that understand the issue at hand. I wonder y everyone is crucifying me.
cuz dey either don't av siblings n understands wat "family"means or dey chose to reason wit dia ass!!like seriously I think d lady in question won't do ur bro any good she'l rada bring him badluck,aside dia genotype incompactibility,a lady dat makes his fiancee or hubby distance himself from his family witout any known cause s evil n dat alone wudnt mk her a good wife..ur bro myt b willing to take d risk involved wit d genotype ish buh @ d long run its still gonna tell on him,cuz from all u sed d lady is in control of d relationship just keep praying for him n chip in ur views in a more subtle way rada dan confront him upfront cuz he'l neva listen to ur pleas.....I wish he listens n takes d right step b4 ts too late though.
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by millionboi(m): 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
If i say women have power....som wil tink is muscle power.op sori oo
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by freecocoa(f): 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
I don't understand most people saying "leave him alone, mind your business".

I mean I get leaving an adult to his business and decisions but not when it will prolly mar his life, especially when the said person is family.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by angela98(f): 6:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
Its like you folks are meddling too much into your brothers relationship. I do think your brother could use a bit of privacy here. Whether the girl attitude is not in agreement with urs or her genotype did not match with that of ur brother, the truth is that your brother loves her dearly. This thing called LOVE is a very strong thing o. It can cause an irrational behavior. Particularly if the girl Sabi touch your brother at the right spots. I think the best way to go about this thing is to try and befriend the girl. You could take her as a younger sister you know, and help support their relationship.. Just my opinion. cool

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by delishpot: 6:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
lawa18: My fellow nairalanders, am writing this bc I want to lessen the load that has been pressing down my heart for long now by pouring out to its entirety wt has been transpiring between me and my only brother and I earnestly wish u help me out on wt to do.

I am a fresh graduate hoping to serve come Nov and .mmy brother came back from service in 2011, luckily for him, he got a job with WAEC, immediately after serving. He rented a one room apartment n I visited him in 2012 when I did my industrial training. During my stay, I noticed he doesn't allow our relatives n friends to visit us which became more pronounced when he got a girl friend called Ada. Ada started to visit us gradually till she now visits on daily basis. It became serious dt from daily visiting she started sleeping over and later started living with us. Landlord and the wife complained and quarrelled wt my brother over her sleeping with us but nothing changed. The landlord even slapped my brother amidst a quarrel and the wife once abused the girl but she wouldn't learn her lessons. My brother later relocated to a new apartment ( a room and parlour) abandoning a remaining 6months in the old apartment. The girl moved in with him.

Before I now visit, I v to write an application letter giving him like two weeks notice talk more of any other relative or friend visiting. My Dad only visited once and it was an uphill task bc he has to keep postponing it to avoid Dad knowing about the girl he is harbouring likewise when my mum once visited. Each time I visited from sch, the gal must be there with her clothes and shoes all over the wardrobe. All these gave me little worry until he started talking about marrying the girl.

My dear, I think the only problem you have is the fact that you dont want your bros to be in a relationship now so that he can spend his money on family instead of a woman since you believe the family could use some extra help from him and his salary isnt big enough and secondly you do not like a woman living with a man she isnt married to.
From Adam your bros never liked having family around, the fact that a woman is living with him made him even more cautious and reduce the eay family visits which your family obviously like doing.
See the whole thing is tied to the fact that a babe is living with him that he isnt married to and he knows your parents wont approve of the relationship. So even if he xhanges babe, he has to get one thar will not live in.
As for pregnancy even those that just did ONS aka one night stand may fall pregnant. The fact that she doesnt live with him does not mran she cant get preggers.
Well, I think your best bet now is to report to mumsie and let her use wisdom to handle the issue. But be sure your mom is not tge explosive type if she is sha, you must ler her know this case requires wisdom and patience if she doesnt want the possibility of her son saying cao.
All in all, I dont think its the girl making your bros reject family visits I think its his sin he is trying to hide that is responsible for that.
Biko SS no be joke o. He should not creat a baby that will come to tgis world and surffer because of love for his woman o. The pain tgose kids go through is heart breaking for the parents to watch. He will wish he never took it beyound hello , hi with the woman.
Pkele. Just call mom and make her relax and explain the problem to her or tell your dad if you tgink mom is dynamite.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by iphedahyor(m): 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
To all the f.ools here posting trash,may God let you marry a girl or boy whose genotype isn't compartible wit urs and give birth to a sickle-celled offspring.......shout a thunderous amen dumbass....mtchewww.
@op,don't mind those f.ools,they don't undastnd.Love happens,it's a mistery that can never be compretend and dat is my definition of love.The truth involves two things,it's either your brother is in love or Okija jazz is working on him.My advice is that you talk to your mum in particularly,mums do knows how to solve issues like this.You can't just go into a marriage tho u're free to fall in love..Pray to God and talk to your parent.
......abeg watch b4 u quote me o cuz thunder dey strike widout rain....

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by claremont(m): 6:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
@OP: Your brother is 30 years old, he IS a full-grown man who has the emotional maturity to make his own mistakes and learn from them. I would advise you to leave him and his girlfriend alone. So what if he and the girl are both AS genotype?! He is an adult and can choose to still continue with the relationship regardless of the perceived consequences.

Something tells me that you are against this relationship for purely selfish reasons and not for the altruistic reasons you espoused.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2014
Sum niggahs sha..well @ OP;allow him 2 make his mistakes..its his life

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by mechanics(m): 6:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
Just kip praying 4 hm, some men can b stubborn o, dont b surprise dey may marry o.
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by LaurelP(m): 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
All of u telling him to mind his business shut d fcuck up. Dis is his blood broda we re talkin abt here, and dis Africa, nay Nigeria not America. We must be our fcuckin broda's keeper.

My mind tells me dat dat girl has done sth fishy to ur broda @ OP. Many ladies do it dis days, conjure some stuffs and put in a man's food and b4 u say Jack Robinson, d guy forgets where he's coming from and focus only on dem and dia family members.

D gud thing here though is dat they are not yet married. I advice u to continue fighting. U can't allow dis strange woman to destroy ur brother's life cos he might not know wat he's doing. He might not be in his right senses.

Does d girl cooperate with ur family Is she good to ur family members If she's not den don't let her come into ur family, she's gonna destroy ur family I can tell u. Talk to ur parents and if possible oda elders in ur family abt wat is happening now before it gets out of hand.

*my finger aches*

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 12, 2014
Lmao...that's the power of love. grin

Leave ol'boy alone, being a love is a great thing, and it seems the chic also loves him.

Power of a woman and love is a beautiful thing.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by OLAJADON: 6:28pm On Jul 12, 2014
lawa18: My fellow nairalanders, am writing this bc I want to lessen the load that has been pressing down my heart for long now by pouring out to its entirety wt has been transpiring between me and my only brother and I earnestly wish u help me out on wt to do.

I am a fresh graduate hoping to serve come Nov and .mmy brother came back from service in 2011, luckily for him, he got a job with WAEC, immediately after serving. He rented a one room apartment n I visited him in 2012 when I did my industrial training. During my stay, I noticed he doesn't allow our relatives n friends to visit us which became more pronounced when he got a girl friend called Ada. Ada started to visit us gradually till she now visits on daily basis. It became serious dt from daily visiting she started sleeping over and later started living with us. Landlord and the wife complained and quarrelled wt my brother over her sleeping with us but nothing changed. The landlord even slapped my brother amidst a quarrel and the wife once abused the girl but she wouldn't learn her lessons. My brother later relocated to a new apartment ( a room and parlour) abandoning a remaining 6months in the old apartment. The girl moved in with him.

Before I now visit, I v to write an application letter giving him like two weeks notice talk more of any other relative or friend visiting. My Dad only visited once and it was an uphill task bc he has to keep postponing it to avoid Dad knowing about the girl he is harbouring likewise when my mum once visited. Each time I visited from sch, the gal must be there with her clothes and shoes all over the wardrobe. All these gave me little worry until he started talking about marrying the girl.

Though l didn't like d idea, I kept silent over the issue. When I thought God has answered my prayers was the day he to told me that their genotype did not match after they did a genotype test not knowing dt things will become worse. The intimacy started like never before despite d test. I had to confront him one day concerning d girl, giving him several reasons why he should let go of the girl like:

1. Risk of pregnancy and abortion.

2. D girl will prevent him from finding a wife since he said he wants to marry.

3. His reputation n dt of the family will be dragged to the mud.

4. His spiritual life is in jeopardy as he no longer prays since the girl came into his life unlike before

5. Dt the gal has alienated him from our relatives and friends.

6. He is spending on the wrong person and so many other reasons.

After, he insisted that he knows wt he is doing, in fact I should stop telling him dt he is ready to bear the consequences if anything goes wrong. He celebrated his 30th birthday last month, he is not too financially buoyant, he has many family responsibilities but is wasting his future with a stranger.

They have lived for over two years now, they now bath together, he helps the girl in cooking and atimes cooks for her, he accepts anything she says and live his life to please the girl only (she recommends the movie to be watched), she takes call from her other suitors in his presence but my brother cannot. What a world!

I happen to be the only person that knows wt is happening, not even my parents are aware. Am confused. Could it be that they want to take the risk and get married or my brother is just wasting his time waiting for her to get married before he starts looking for a wife.

My parents r hoping dt soonest their son will marry. I don't knw wt to do n whom to seek advice from. I love my brother so much and wouldn't want anything to go wrong in his life. I don't even want people to knw wt he is doing so as not to v problem wt him or taint his image. I solicit for ur help pls

u brother nid spiritual help, i dnt think that is ordinary, dat ma view tho

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2014
I don quote you;i never see any sign of thunder;neither rain..abi ur own thunder na ASUU strike?
iphedahyor: To all the f.ools here posting trash,may God let you marry a girl or boy whose genotype isn't compartible wit urs and give birth to a sickle-celled offspring.......shout a thunderous amen dumbass....mtchewww.
@op,don't mind those f.ools,they don't undastnd.Love happens,it's a mistery that can never be compretend and dat is my definition of love.The truth involves two things,it's either your brother is in love or Okija jazz is working on him.My advice is that you talk to your mum in particularly,mums do knows how to solve issues like this.You can't just go into a marriage tho u're free to fall in love..Pray to God and talk to your parent.
......abeg watch b4 u quote me o cuz thunder dey strike widout rain....
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmm, hmmmmmmmm hmmmmm the gal used jazz, broda mind ur biz, genotype a problem, many opinions. Sowy dear broda b4 I can give my opinion I nid to hear oda sides of d story. ( Ur broda s or his gals side) or______ u kn wat comes next.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Engen(m): 6:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
BankuTilapia2:

What time is the match between Brazil and Holland. Fuckkkk ur brother

Silly Gaynian guy... Check out all the idi0t posts
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
Oga poster abeg go and tell your parents what's happening to your brother. Infact,tell your parents specifically that the Ada girl is AS. I guess they know your brother is AS too.That alone will make your parents object to the union.
They say prevention is better than cure. That union must not be allow to see the light of the day because the children who will be born from the union will be the ones to suffer from sickle cell.
Please let your parents know!
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by laykhorn(m): 6:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
Donkunxex:
u don't av a sibling ..do u...cos u don't undastand wat a family iz
well, I've got something close to this but I still mind my business.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Ngokafor(f): 6:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
..@op apart from the genotype issue,it looks like you never liked your brother's girlfriend from the get-go so kindly stop all these genotype blabs here..

..well i really hope that if your brother eventually leaves his present girl for another to marry,you wont be all up in their faces with a truck-load of reasons why the new girl is 'bad' for your brother again...meddling in their affairs with complaints of her 'coming' in-between you like you intend to marry your brother to start with.

..as per your issues,except you intend to physically bundle the AS girl out of your brother's life or visit the jazzman's shrine,there is pretty much nothing a younger brother like you can do,especially if he is determined to hold on to this girl...so let your grown up older brother sort himself out.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by skyface00(m): 6:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
I can feel ur painz...but nothing u can do 2 stop dis....he will learn himself....i will advice u 2 stop talking 2 him about dis if u dont want 2 breach d relationship btwn both of u...since u r d only 1 closer 2 him u need 2 play along so he can open up 2 u in a little wayz...i pray he learn soon .... Even talk about family which is very momentous and once u av a woman dat never do anytin 2 bring u guyz 2gther but seprate u guyz bros watch out....2tinz maybe shes jst like dat or her parents faces in laws issuies....have seen a girl asking if my mother still alive i was shocked and ask her why and she said in law problem na.....since den i distance myself from her....ur broda hz semi sick i pray he get d right drugz soonest

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Vikky014(f): 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
jhidey08: 4rm d onset, I've knwn nothing gud can come out of an UGLY MAMIWATER lyk u. Bad mouthed gyal! grin
God bless u dearly,am new here,jst registerd ystaday,dnt ve ur tym jare,*Zooms off*

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by laykhorn(m): 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2014
jhidey08: do u use ur brain at all? Which stupid love? Is dat y dey shld endanger d lives of d unborn children? Don't u knw d possibilities of d kinda offspring dey'll produce? When tins lyk dis arise, u av 2 put luv aside and luk 4 sum1 who can correct ur genotype. To b forewarned is to b fore harmed u knw.
what else can he do than to explain the circumstances to him and try to talk him out. If he decides to go ahead, then, what more can he do
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
Write a letter to your brother. Address of the sender: Book haram commander. Give him 48 hours to send that girl packing or else..... Thank me later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Couple Who Have Been Married For 65 Years Share A Kiss In Beautiful Photos / UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset / Mum Falls Pregnant Via IVF Then Discovers She Was Already Pregnant With Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.