Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person (30007 Views)

My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife / MY BROTHER IS Cheating On His Wife / 6 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 12, 2014
lynpetra:

Bia,I go drag ur pricck comot ur waist oooo angry angry
That native chewing stick wey u dey find fine gurl like me to put mouth,u no get respect?I go drag am comot ur waist ooooo angry cheesy tongue
Am jittery....i give up
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 12, 2014
chimoz: Goodnight people, UP NEPA

You be poor man sef. angry angry
Big man no understand say Nepa dey bring light. angry angry angry
I reject,cast,bind,any poor person,fire!fire!!fireeeeeeyaaaaaaa!!!!!
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 13, 2014
undecided
lynpetra:

You be poor man sef. angry angry
Big man no understand say Nepa dey bring light. angry angry angry
I reject,cast,bind,any poor person,fire!fire!!fireeeeeeyaaaaaaa!!!!!
undecided undecided kiss
Am a potential rich man oooooo, maga go soon pay grin
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Mintayo(m): 12:02am On Jul 13, 2014
kaima1984: Make I see all,make I kw all na em make bullet kill monkey
Itumo pls?cheesy
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 13, 2014
chimoz:
Am jittery....i give up
Good. tongue
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by cronsberg: 12:02am On Jul 13, 2014
I just can't understand african parents and relatives sometimes, they must just interfere and control your life anyhow. They want to choose a name for you, they want you to go to the school they choose, they want to pick out friends for you, and as if thats not enough, they want to choose who you fall in love with and marry. I wonder, when then do i get to live my own live? do my own things? make my own decisions? when?
In saner climes, as soon as a guy hits 18years of age, he moves out of his parent's home, find a place he likes for himself, choose for himself who to fall in love with, and when he wants to marry, notify his parents if they like they attent, if not their loss, he will just gather a few friends as best men and marry her anyway.
But in africa, they must choose for you or else they blackmail you that they gave birth to you, raised you, fed you, schooled you, now you want to show them you have grown up by disobeying them(making your own decision). Forgetting that its their duty to do that, and that a time comes when you have to be independent of them(decision wise, financially e.t.c) They lived there own lives o, but they just won't allow you to live yours. Not that am encouraging disobeying of ones' parents o, but sometimes its absolutely nesecarry to say NO to them, to follow your own instincts, thats not disrespect but showing them their boundries. I personally believe that a 25year old guy(not to talk of 30) has gone through enough in life and gathered enough experience to make his own decisions, like who to love and who to marry, and doesn't need anyones "permission" to be with the one they love.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 13, 2014
chimoz: undecided undecided undecided kiss
Am a potential rich man oooooo, maga go soon pay grin

cry cry
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 13, 2014
Onlinebizexpert:

since i began entering the place, no body don call am chewing stick, unless say na well ur honey pot be

Yea na well e be.
Go collect Wetin go enlarge your "hotdog" tongue

Why go for toycar when I ve got bulldozer ? tongue cheesy kiss
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Amhappy(f): 12:09am On Jul 13, 2014
@OP this was how one of my friends moved in with one Alhaji (already married to 3wives) after youth service all in the name of true love. A girl from a good Christain home. Well, her sister didnt mind her business but reported to their parents who battled for her soul. Now she is happily married with 2kids to her own man. Your brother should not be living with a girl for two years without bringing her home. Let him officially marry her if thats what he wants. His soul is at stake.
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Onlinebizexpert(m): 12:10am On Jul 13, 2014
lynpetra:

Yea na well e be.

i just hope say all these things no be just mouth
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by KelvinGraphics(m): 12:12am On Jul 13, 2014
lynpetra:

Yea na well e be.

shockedshockedshocked
Aunty U are spoiling me ogrin
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 13, 2014
Onlinebizexpert:

i just hope say all these things no be just mouth

Na u know oo...
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 13, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
shockedshockedshocked
Aunty U are spoiling me ogrin

Nope cheesy
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Onlinebizexpert(m): 12:23am On Jul 13, 2014
lynpetra:

Na u know oo...

lyn why you no dey reply my whatsapp msgs again
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 13, 2014
Hmm... I smell foul play, as in JAZZ. Ur broda is a gooner;(
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 13, 2014
Onlinebizexpert:

lyn why you no dey reply my whatsapp msgs again

Changed my sim.
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by tpia1: 1:36am On Jul 13, 2014
Abel202: [b]OP, the signs are clear. Do everything in your power to ensure that your brother does not marry that girl or any of her type. Inform your parents immediately. Raise all the dust you can NOW BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.
Your brother is either stu.pidly in love or is being diabolically controlled. Whichever way, if he marries that girl now, He will surely and certainly regret later. And when your brother messes up his life, he has also roped in the family in a life-long mess.
I am saying this because if I knew what I know now, I would not have allowed certain things to go wrong with a few people in my family.
I have an uncle who destroyed his life due to this kind of glaring issues. The family tried, but he insisted on having his way, today he is long gone and the wife is a big lady. I have a sister who also refused all our advises and insisted on marrying her "lover" because she said she was an adult that knows what she was doing. Today whenever I see my sister I cry. I wount go into details but she is permanently messed up. we tried dissuading her from that marriage but she wouldnt listen.
But with hindsight, if I knew that the signs we saw then would bring her to her sorry state now I would have done everything humanly possible, even divinely possible to make sure that the marriage never took place. But she & my uncle are now used as lesson in the family.
So OP NOW IS THE TIME TO SAVE YOUR BROTHER & FAMILY FROM A LIFE OF AGONY THAT MIGHT END IN MISERY FOR HIM & FOR YOUR PARENTS. DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO STOP THAT UNION. EVEN IF PEOPLE ACCUSE YOU OF TOO MUCH MEDDLING, ITS BETTER LIKE THAT THAN FOR YOU TO SEE YOUR BROTHER LATER IN LIFE IN THE STATE AM SEEING MY SISTER PRESENTLY. He that has ears Let him hear !!!!![/b]

its too late for all these.

the family has already been penetrated, the only thing they can do now is pray for the brother and ask God's protection for their own selves so they [family] are not wiped out.

e dey sound unbelievable o, but thats how it is.
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by tpia1: 1:39am On Jul 13, 2014
Amhappy: @OP this was how one of my friends moved in with one Alhaji (already married to 3wives) after youth service all in the name of true love. A girl from a good Christain home. Well, her sister didnt mind her business but reported to their parents who battled for her soul. Now she is happily married with 2kids to her own man. Your brother should not be living with a girl for two years without bringing her home. Let him officially marry her if thats what he wants. His soul is at stake.

your friend's case is easier because its more glaring. Either the alhaji or the other three wives will move her out after a while, the consequences of that kind of union are mostly born by the perpetrator, in this case your friend.

the op's example is far more insidious.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by anitank(f): 2:14am On Jul 13, 2014
The fact that they are both AS is more than enough reason to discourage the relationship, no matter how in love they are. That love will turn to anger, depression and frustration when they give birth to a sickler child that could cost them their entire income on hospital bills, including the sleepless nights when the child starts having their bone marrow crisis. No couple wants to go thru that

Then again, a lady who loves a man would never keep him away from his family or cause troubles between them, she'd rather want to amend things as a potential member of the family. And if for the two years they have been together the man's parents don't know anything about the girl and she's ok with it, then she's definitely the wrong girl for him

And no, don't mind your business. He is your brother!! He may not see what he's getting himself into because he's "in love" (in stupidity I'd say). If he ends up messing up his life tomorrow, it's you and your family that would feel the pain the most, not the people advising you otherwise

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 13, 2014
redcliff:

It seems you cannot read properly.. his relationship with the girl is disrupting so many other things in his life and most importantly his family..once this starts to happen its a serious red flag for the future..

Op your brother is in a state of krinkrumkrankum otukopia sabalis.

On a serious note, nobody can talk him out of this..not even your parents. Until he has a first hand experience of what she's actually doing to him. There is real power in phusi.

They can talk him out. He is still human but in a coma...
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 2:25am On Jul 13, 2014
fijiano202: dumbass this is a point of view from the sister,if it was really after meeting the family the relationship got sour the parent would have suspected a foul play...u cant give a solution where theres no prob

Don't comment on what you don't understand.

If everything he said here is true, that girl is a very wrong person for him to date or marry.

It is only a bad woman who forces her husband to forget his family

Talk of the lady's habit of entertaining calls from numerous men while his brother cannot.

The guy needs deliverance. He is dating a control freak...
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 2:27am On Jul 13, 2014
anitank: The fact that they are both AS is more than enough reason to discourage the relationship, no matter how in love they are. That love will turn to anger, depression and frustration when they give birth to a sickler child that could cost them their entire income on hospital bills, including the sleepless nights when the child starts having their bone marrow crisis. No couple wants to go thru that

Then again, a lady who loves a man would never keep him away from his family or cause troubles between them, she'd rather want to amend things as a potential member of the family. And if for the two years they have been together the man's parents don't know anything about the girl and she's ok with it, then she's definitely the wrong girl for him

And no, don't mind your business. He is your brother!! He may not see what he's getting himself into because he's "in love" (in stupidity I'd say). If he ends up messing up his life tomorrow, it's you and your family that would feel the pain the most, not the people advising you otherwise

Well said !

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Nobody: 2:42am On Jul 13, 2014
egopersonified: Op, op, op, how many times did I call you? Leave these people alone, you go and look for your own girlfriend.

See their type don show...
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by Ariyke: 4:57am On Jul 13, 2014
iceberylin: live and let live
really so is he gonna bear the consequence alone when it starts?

OP I think you should pray ur brother realize what the consequence will be in time, I tell you a sick child is not easy to keep, I have an uncle going tru it and if I had the opportunity of letting him knw then, our lives wouldn't av been the same
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by dmitroika(m): 5:28am On Jul 13, 2014
PAGAN9JA: [size=28pt]CONVERT TO TRADITIONAL RELIGION AND BE SAVED![/size] (from 419 jesus & boko muhamad)

[img]http://mccoy.lib.siu.edu/jmccall/jones/igbo/arunsi20.JPG[/img]

"Those that serve them would look like them"
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by jackpot(f): 5:58am On Jul 13, 2014
ElGuapo: @Op, Bar the genotype incompatibility, is there anyother concrete reason you have for your bruh not to get married to his fiancee?

If your answer to the above question is a capital NO then I'd advice you to let 'em be.

Listen, I once met a lady who had every feature I craved for in a woman. To me, she puts the P in perfection but dang! She was a sickler.

Friends expected me to back off at this point but man I didnt, for pete's sake she's got what I need in a lady, do I have to lose gold just b'cos of a lil scratch? She could be the last of her kind, so I couldn't allow people's views get to me - theories were propagated anyway and one was that El Guapo is serving some serious Ogoja spell cheesy

Your bro could be in such situation and I dont see your opinion or that of your parents changing anything.

I'd advice that you lot stray off his union. Instead of the incessant interferance, support him and his decision, they could become the perfect couple earth has been searching for aeons.

You dont have to push the emergency button when there aint any hazard. cool
didn't you see where he said the brother's girlfriend takes call from other suitors in his presence? The girl in question is using the brother to wait for Mr Right, and she's probably baaaanging outside the friendship.
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by jackpot(f): 6:06am On Jul 13, 2014
lawa18: The whole advice boils down to the fact that I should let them be. God knws am jst concerned about his future happiness. I promise to always remember them in prayers n let them be
come ooo

do not leave them alone as most people said, because if your brother don't make it in life and you made it, then people will expect you to help him out.

If he ends up with her, the breeze of the psychological trauma they will bear in treating the (almost possible) sickler child of union will certainly reach your side. Remember if (God forbid anyway) your brother leaves this world anytime before you, the job of taking care of his family will rest squarely on those you and your family (especially if the girl doesnt have any ''meaningful'' work).

Come on, disclose at least the fact that their genotypes doesn't match to your parents. They deserve to know!
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by MightySparrow: 6:11am On Jul 13, 2014
Love is blind: you or your bother or both are blind by love or lack of love.
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by ldonjibson(m): 6:53am On Jul 13, 2014
Mintayo:
if your fear is just the genotype, then i think you shld let them be. I am sure ur bros knws d consequence of incompatibilty in genotype.
Btw,at the begining of your Op,your concern was not based on genotype incompatibility.
HE MENTIONED THAT CLEARLY BRO.... THO I FEEL HE FEELS HE IS LOSSING IS BRODA TOO SOMEONE WHO KNOW NOT THE BACKGROUND... PRAY WELL FOR HIM.. SUCH IS LIFE
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by laykhorn(m): 7:54am On Jul 13, 2014
jhidey08: no vex man, I'm sori.
Awww! Its not a problem, its normal in here. So how is Ramadan going?
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by laykhorn(m): 7:58am On Jul 13, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: Op afta God d next strongest power is dat of pew.see , try & taste d gal tin if u stil have ur sense afta d event den ur broda can be saved....if d tin sweet die den no say ur bro don go kpatakpata ......interested in online importation biz quote me
interested
Re: My Brother Is Stupidly In Love With The Wrong Person by betatalk: 8:36am On Jul 13, 2014
Your bro is old enough to make his choices. He is only guilty morally. You sound like the girl is standing in between d family. Your bro wld soon marry mayb nt her2sum one else. That wil b his primary responsibility and he won't v time for u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Husband Wants Divorce After Taking My Late Husband’s Possessions – Wife / Couple Who Have Been Married For 65 Years Share A Kiss In Beautiful Photos / UK Divorce Court Awards Woman 65% Of Husband's Asset

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.