Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,090 members, 7,957,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:49 AM

Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators (2835 Views)

APC Tweets About Money AIT Got From GEJ's Administration. Do You Agree? / Festus Keyamo Tweet On Fuel Scarcity During GEJ's Administration / How Would You Rate GEJ's Presidential Media Chat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by deesquarediddy(m): 6:21pm On Jul 12, 2014
Based on a long-standing research program of the World Bank, the Worldwide Governance Indicators capture six key dimensions of governance (Voice & Accountability, Political Stability and Lack of Violence, Government Effectiveness, Regulatory Quality, Rule of Law, and Control of Corruption) - In Measuring the quality of governance in Nigeria, using the above indicators, and the underlying data behind them...How will you rate our president? Will you vote GEJ for second term?
Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by egift(m): 7:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
I will rate him graphically grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
All of the above you mentioned,he has failed woefully!!

4 Likes

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
70 over 100

3 Likes

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by PhockPhockMan: 7:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
Op, I fit piss here.......?

This thread stinks.
Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Ngwakwe: 7:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
I cannot guess or rate his performance using your so-called world standard but one thing I know, is -

He is better than Barack Obama and nowhere near Angelo Merkel but can be grouped with Nicolas Hollande

This is my assessment.

5 Likes

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Safari29: 7:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
I don't have problem with gej but his governance. I ll rate him 4 over 10.

3 Likes

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by 1United1: 7:51pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ngwakwe: I cannot guess or rate his performance using your so-called world standard but one thing I know, is -

He is better than Barack Obama and nowhere near Angelo Merkel but can be grouped with Nicolas Hollande

This is my assessment.

grin grin angry Sarcasm I guess?

3 Likes

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2014
1United1:

grin grin angry Sarcasm is I guess?
which sarcasm
that is the problem with apc, they want people to view every matter with their hypocritical LEN'S

4 Likes

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ngwakwe: I cannot guess or rate his performance using your so-called world standard
that moment when you are about to defend a failed project.

6 Likes

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Ngwakwe: 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
Obiagelli:
that moment when you are about to defend a failed project.

You mean Nigerians are failed projects?

Like father like son and mother like daughter(s)

1 Like

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ngwakwe:

You mean Nigerians are failed projects?

Like father like son and mother like daughter(s)
i thought thread was about our failed president.

6 Likes

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Ngwakwe: 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
Obiagelli:
i thought thread was about our failed president.

Depending on your perception?

Hate or like him, he is a Nigerian and has considerable supporters from within the electorate to see him through a second term if he so desire to contest.

Democracy is about the wishes and choice of the majority and not of the vocal minority, though they will have their say while the later have their way.

4 Likes

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 13, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Hate or like him, he is a Nigerian and has considerable supporters from within the electorate to see him through a second term if he so desire to contest.

Democracy is about the wishes and choice of the majority and not of the vocal minority, though they will have their say while the later have their way.
you are still missing the point of this thread, i have learnt to judge performance with results not sentiments, from the OP's indices, the President have failed woefully.

2 Likes

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by huptin(m): 10:01am On Jul 13, 2014
using the above matrices, Gej has failed woefully, but I agree that he is better than Barrack Obama, that guy is the biggest definition of cluelessness in all its ramifications.

2 Likes

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Swizdoe(m): 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2014
30/100.... Anyone that wants to quote me must not be a party agent whether paid or unpaid because am delivering my opinion about gej's administration as a concerned nigerian citizen and not as a pdp or apc apologists.... So please think twice before quoting me

2 Likes

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by deesquarediddy(m): 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2014
PhockPhockMan: Op, I fit piss here.......?

This thread stinks.

You need a brain...not all that roam the street are mad.
Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by deesquarediddy(m): 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ngwakwe: I cannot guess or rate his performance using your so-called world standard but one thing I know, is -

This is my assessment.

On what basis do you want to rate his performance?
Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by deesquarediddy(m): 3:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ngwakwe:

I opened this thread for Nairalanders who are not politically biased or loyal to any political party (PDP or APC). Only few who will view issues the right way as a concerned Nigerian and make reasonable comment.

Left to me, GEJ will score below average in most of these indicators. Therefore he doesn't deserve promotion (second term). However, i'm also concerned about whom should come into power by 2015 if not GEJ (a better alternative) considering the fact that the current crop of politicians we have in power are all political jobbers mortgaging the future of our dear country. Both PDP and APC are two rotten apples, so no one should talk about party ideologies here.

1 Like

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
deesquarediddy:

I opened this thread for Nairalanders who are not politically biased or loyal to any political party (PDP or APC). Only few who will view issues the right way as a concerned Nigerian and make reasonable comment.

Left to me, GEJ will score below average in most of these indicators. Therefore he doesn't deserve promotion (second term). However, i'm also concerned about whom should come into power by 2015 if not GEJ (a better alternative) considering the fact that the current crop of politicians we have in power are all political jobbers mortgaging the future of our dear country. Both PDP and APC are two rotten apples, so no one should talk about party ideologies here.
if Nigerians can't find and support a better candidate amongst our poliiticians then we are our own problem.

Btw i hate this saying of Nigerians that don't have bias for any party. Are you looking for leaders from heaven.

1 Like

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by deesquarediddy(m): 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2014
Obiagelli:
if Nigerians can't find and support a better candidate amongst our poliiticians then we are our own problem.

Btw i hate this saying of Nigerians that don't have bias for any party. Are you looking for leaders from heaven.

I refer to Nigerians who are not politically biased as people who will under no circumstances allow their political affiliations/interests becloud their judgments.

Also, I did not at any time make that statement that we can’t find a better candidate among our politicians. I only talked about the current people in power (PDP) and the potential people who might serve as alternative (APC, the opposition members). In all of them you will find common qualities… greediness, corruption, cluelessness regarding how governance should be delivered except for few. These politicians (PDP and APC, the two giants as case study) lack internal democracy if you study their party structure and activities, so how do we even expect them to perform.

So, are you saying there are no politicians outside this category (the ones we don’t see as big fish, the ones we see as mere technocrats/professionals) or politicians from parties we see as unpopular who will outperform these thieves? We tend to look at only candidates from PDP/APC/LP as credible when we talk about whom will lead this country. Are there not other politicians? We forgot that majority of members from these political parties are all the same people in power since 1999. (Changing from one party to another)

Nigerians, funny people…we crave for change, yet we see the political jobbers as the real politicians, we support them and vote them into power and cry for 4 years thereafter. When people like utomi contested for president, how many of us voted for him? Remember Late Gani Fawehimi once contested the Presidency, how many people voted for him? Wole Soyinka has a registered political party, with patriotic and nation building ideologies, what is its membership strength? We will continue to get the kinds of leaders we deserve. We need to change our ideologies and a lot of re-orientation is required on the part of the citizenry before we can get it right in this country.

1 Like

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2014
deesquarediddy:

In all of them you will
find common qualities… greediness, corruption,
cluelessness regarding how governance should be
delivered except for few.
now can we work on this few so we can achieve our aims and stop categorising all of them as same. In case you didn't know the same qualities of greed that you mentioned above is obtainable in high percentage in every political parties in the world but guess what, the electorate ensure that they (the parties) provide their best for election or they loose woefully for many years.

The criminal ones here (Apc and PDP) have programmed you to accept/believe nothing good can come out of them. I. E scare away the good guys with the help of the electorate, help them to see that we are all bad hence bother less about voting them in or out. ALL OF THEM ARE THE SAME.
Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
deesquarediddy:

Nigerians, funny people…we crave for change, yet we see the political jobbers as the real politicians, we support them and vote them into power and cry for 4 years thereafter. When people like utomi contested for president, how many of us voted for him? Remember Late Gani Fawehimi once contested the Presidency, how many people voted for him? Wole Soyinka has a registered political party, with patriotic and nation building ideologies, what is its membership strength? We will continue to get the kinds of leaders we deserve. We need to change our ideologies and a lot of re-orientation is required on the part of the citizenry before we can get it right in this country.
the names you mentioned above, i would add Buhari (my personal opinion) contested almost as independent candidates but you and i rejected them, we proved to them that they needed strong platform to win elections but we (electorates) wouldn't even allow them thrive in the only 2 available platforms, so what are talking about?

Question to you is how then do we get these people to win election. Waiting for your response.
Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 14, 2014
deesquarediddy, It would be a shame if you don't reply me, i saw your viewing a moment ago.
Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by deesquarediddy(m): 7:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
Obiagelli:

Question to you is how then do we get these people to win election. Waiting for your response.

Like i said earlier, the average Nigerian citizens deserve the kind of leaders we get; we have this abnormal way of supporting mediocrity.

What is wrong with Politics in Nigeria? We don’t act with reason rather we allow factors such a religion, ethnicity, language differences come first all above normal reasoning when making our choices. I know these factors cannot be neglected in a country as diverse as ours but we can rise above it with adequate knowledge of what democracy means, proper reorientation and above all…change in our mentality.

So, how do we go about it? Education! Education!! Education!!!

The way some graduate (tertiary education) reason, it will amaze you they are just schooled and are not in any way educated. Not to talk of the masses who did not go to school at all and these number constitute the majority (they have the highest voting power). How do we educate them to know that voting should not go to candidates who can distribute money and bags of rice? The money/rice will not last for a week but hardship will last for four years. In Nigeria of today, you only need two things to win an election; police and soldiers on your side if you’re in power or thugs if you’re not in power and above all, money.

And, just when you’re trying to deal with that, you’re truck with our so called graduates who work for these thieves may be as thugs or political e-dog (they are all over Nairaland) all for financial gains not minding if they implemented the policies they promised in previous elections.
It’s a pathetic situation that will push any concerned Nigerian to the verge of loosing hope. It’s not all about today; the big question is…what does the future hold for you and me, our children and children’s children?

I'm afraid if things did not change for good, this crop of people we talked about will never win an election in Nigeria because by today's standard...they are politically disadvantaged.
Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by deesquarediddy(m): 7:12pm On Jul 14, 2014
Obiagelli: deesquarediddy, It would be a shame if you don't reply me, i saw your viewing a moment ago.

LOL…i was preparing my reply and I had to attend to something in the office.
See, I understand the whole point you’re trying to make about we not throwing the baby away with the bath water all because we feel the water is bad but should we continue to thrive in this hardship, oppression, imbalance all because we want to stick to doing things the same way we have been doing it for years when it’s not yielding results?
Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 14, 2014
deesquarediddy:

Like i said earlier, the average Nigerian citizens deserve the kind of leaders we get; we have this abnormal way of supporting mediocrity.

What is wrong with Politics in Nigeria? We don’t act with reason rather we allow factors such a religion, ethnicity, language differences come first all above normal reasoning when making our choices. I know these factors cannot be neglected in a country as diverse as ours but we can rise above it with adequate knowledge of what democracy means, proper reorientation and above all…change in our mentality.

So, how do we go about it? Education! Education!! Education!!!

now you see the APC and the pdp is not the problem but education. These parties will continue to give us what we ask for either by our silence or inaction.

Education is what people like me have been doing at the risk of being called paid agent by folks who will do not but point fingers and in the end vote these bad eggs or not vote at all.
There are those we can work with in these parties to achieve our goal (better leadership), let us demand that they give us those people or we punish them at the polls.

2015 is my last shot at Nigeria, if we don't get it right, i am gone before i end up in a refugee camp. The earlier we realized that I lives depends on it the better. Ask the victims of today's terrorism.
Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 14, 2014
deesquarediddy:

LOL…i was preparing my reply and I had to attend to something in the office.
See, I understand the whole point you’re trying to make about we not throwing the baby away with the bath water all because we feel the water is bad but should we continue to thrive in this hardship, oppression, imbalance all because we want to stick to doing things the same way we have been doing it for years when it’s not yielding results?
What other solution do you have than to pressure political parties with your vote. I love solutions.
Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by ogbronx(m): 8:31pm On Jul 14, 2014
deesquarediddy:

I refer to Nigerians who are not politically biased as people who will under no circumstances allow their political affiliations/interests becloud their judgments.

Also, I did not at any time make that statement that we can’t find a better candidate among our politicians. I only talked about the current people in power (PDP) and the potential people who might serve as alternative (APC, the opposition members). In all of them you will find common qualities… greediness, corruption, cluelessness regarding how governance should be delivered except for few. These politicians (PDP and APC, the two giants as case study) lack internal democracy if you study their party structure and activities, so how do we even expect them to perform.

So, are you saying there are no politicians outside this category (the ones we don’t see as big fish, the ones we see as mere technocrats/professionals) or politicians from parties we see as unpopular who will outperform these thieves? We tend to look at only candidates from PDP/APC/LP as credible when we talk about whom will lead this country. Are there not other politicians? We forgot that majority of members from these political parties are all the same people in power since 1999. (Changing from one party to another)

Your last paragraph revealed your personality as simple, intelligent, realistic and objective . These are the traits lacking in many of Nigerians making the country stagnant.
Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Genius100: 8:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
deesquarediddy:

The few that are not greedy and corrupt are well known to anyone that chooses to be honest. Buhari, Ribadu and Ezekwesili are not greedy and corrupt. The simple solution is to vote and educate people to vote for one of these candidates instead of proposing solutions that are not actionable in the short term...
Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Genius100: 8:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
ogbronx: Your last paragraph revealed your personality as simple, intelligent, realistic and objective . These are the traits lacking in many of Nigerians making the country stagnant.

There is nothing actionable about a call for Nigerians to change their ideologies and be re-oriented. That is a long term project that will be accomplished most likely when you have a leader that is demonstrably not corrupt, and severely punishes corruption. Only when people are consistently and routinely punished for their corrupt ways will the mentality of the populace change..

1 Like

Re: Rate Gej’s Administration Based On The Worldwide Governance Indicators by Genius100: 12:34am On Jul 15, 2014
Obiagelli:
now you see the APC and the pdp is not the problem but education. These parties will continue to give us what we ask for either by our silence or inaction.

Education is what people like me have been doing at the risk of being called paid agent by folks who will do not but point fingers and in the end vote these bad eggs or not vote at all.
There are those we can work with in these parties to achieve our goal (better leadership), let us demand that they give us those people or we punish them at the polls.

2015 is my last shot at Nigeria, if we don't get it right, i am gone before i end up in a refugee camp. The earlier we realized that I lives depends on it the better. Ask the victims of today's terrorism.

Kpom

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! Nigerian Air Force Helicopter Crashes In Borno State! / PHOTOS: TAN Nationwide Zonal Rallies Kicks off in Awka / Meaning Of "Status Quo": Court Ruling On Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.