Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,158 members, 7,845,815 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple (70865 Views)

Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? / Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype / Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Temmytea70(m): 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2014
Onlinebizexpert:

please for those already in this predicament and those who are trying to take the risk should listen tome

a medic reporting.......

first and foremost OP do not listen to people that are telling you to have faith in GOD because even GOD being so powerful instructed us as follows " Thou shall not TEMPT the LORD your GOD"" he is aware that one over zealous christian one day would jump from high tension cable and expect ANGELS to come and carry him to safety

it is also written that "HEAVEN helps those who help themselves" dont bother trying to risk it it is not worth it

even when the disciples were with JESUS, they still ate food why did'nt they have FAITH and GO HUNGRY.........it is called being LOGICAL

before anybody attacks me I AM A BIBLE BELIEVING CHRISTIAN

now to your question OP

from scientific calculations if two AS couple have intercourse they would have children with the following genotype
AA AS AS SS

though in some cases i have seen all the children were either AA or AS in some worst case scenario the children were all SS

the AA an AS children are not the problem , its the SS child whoma I PERSONALLY refer to as a VISA to HOSPITAL, POVERTY and MARRIAGE BREAK DOWN

VISA to HOSPITAL the SS child has set a record of always falling ill to the slightest provocation and most of these children do not live long, with this child the best thing is to relocate to a house near a hospital, THIS IS ONE REASON WHY AS AS marriage is seriously preached against

VISA TO POVERTY many people do not know that it takes about an average of 25,000 naira per week to manage an SS child, this amounts to about a 100,000 naira per month, imagine such an expense for a couple that has a salary of like 150,000 naira. just calculate 100,000 naira per month for like 10 years of marriage.. brethren that is poverty knocking at your door, this is another reason to avoid such marriages

VISA TO MARRIAGE BREAKDOWN: most marriages with SS child are always in turmoil, the LOVE is strained, everybody becomes angry at any provocation, each parent feels that it is the other persons fault that they are in this predicament, some even start cheating or considering SUICIDE.......this is why I personally advise people to enter a marriage that they might never enjoy

WHAT CAN I DO IN SUCH A MARRIAGE

adopt

ivf

stem cell transplant

prayer

ADOPT simply decide with your wife that your marriage is not for procreation rather it would be for companionship, the adopt a child/children and treat them the way you would have treated your own actual offspring... its not easy but its worth it

IVF in vitro fertilization, here your wife is fertilized with the sperm of a donor, the advantage of this is that you get to choose the characteristics of the donor that you wish to see in you child like tall, handsome, STRONG FACE grin etc.....

STEM CELL TRANSPLANT here your own child would undergo a process which can lead to genotype change...

NOTE: it is an expensive process and to be sincere i can vouch for nigeria as the best place to do this

PRAYER I am not telling you to pray to GOD to change your child's genotype, rather pray for things like GRACE,LOVE MONEY etc that will help you manage your family

WARNING for those about to enter such a marriage

1. na suffering get you
2. that LOVE that is making you not to be logical will fizzle out with years of suffering and then it will be too late to do anything

ANY PASTOR THAT IS ADVISING YOU TO ENTER SUCH A MARRIAGE IS SIMPLY TRYING TO USE YOU TO ENRICH HIS MINISTRY THROUGH YOUR TITHES AND PRAYER FACILITATING OFFERING

PERSONALLY, my GF is AS same as me, but we both know that it is not leading to the altar, I LOVE her very well and that is why I am not going to wed her into suffering and frustration

this should be the same for those yet to marry

I HOPE MY LITTLE EPISTLE WOULD HELP A FRIEND HERE......LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR TESTIMONY

Pls am confused,I need d bible passage of "heaven help those who help themselves"....just curious though
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by egopersonified(f): 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2014
Op, I would advice you look for a couple with an ss child and get to know them, if u feel u can get over their challenges, then go ahead, but my honest opinion is u both shd split up.

Do u ve 1-2m for flyingdutchman's method? Will u b able to literally kill all foetus that are SS, how long do u think yr wife would keep doing that? Even miscarriage of two months pregnancy is like losing a child to women. Would u b comfortable with IVF or adoption? Do u ve enough faith to pray and believe God for a change?

Pls consider all these. U can break up now and seek other partners while u still ve the time.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by toprealman: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2014
Adoption and huge investment in contraceptives.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
flyingdutchman: Pre Implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD). Its done after your sperm cell has been merged with the female egg, the result is the Embryo. This Embryo is tested for any sign of Sickle cell. The one(s) without the disease is/are replanted into your wife's womb and vuala! I could give you the link to good Clinics where its done, but you'd have to indicate your interest first. Before some ignorant, know-it-all, daft person condemns it

The only intelligent thing I have read on this thread

5 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by xhero: 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
LIVE TESTIMONY!!!....plz wots all dis talk abt? I come frm a family of 7 kids and only last 2 ended up being SS.howeva dey changed my perception abt SS coz I've always heard stories and seen other people's situations but in their case u'll hardly knw d difference.all they usually require is less stress and a regular dose of b-complex and folic acid.they r as strong and brilliant as ever.rarely fallin sick and always on d go.my younger brother is 28 and d last born is 22.these r people I live with and dey r my testimony to d world. I'm nt sayin every1 shld go all out to create such situations but its really nt as bad as most of ya'll really tink.thank God for a mum like mine...I'm AS by d way and is my wife ends up bein AS I certainly won't wory.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by frebor(m): 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
arsetalks: Let's not play religion with this. The good LORD gave us brains so we don't have to come to him every now and then. It is not about the lack of faith. It is about doing the right thing.

And let's not forget that it is a sin to not do the right thing even when we know what the right thing is.

Also, our level of faiths are different. I know a couple in my church both AS but never had SS children. It is advised that AS and AS should not marry because when you know and you do it deliberately, you are tempting GOD.

@op, take heart, I once found myself in that shoe of yours. If you must marry that person, consider adoption. You will only be putting smiles on the face of some orphans and that can't be a bad thing.

rutchiekens:

Your statement is very rare that I have to ask if u've seen the children's medical report.

Some parents wouldn't want to disclose the genotype of their children especially if the children are sicklers because of stigma.

It happens, and I'm a living witness. The story of the church couple will be incomplete without stating the number of children they have.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
zz

1 Like

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by TemmyTee82(f): 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
I guess SS children are what people of old used to refer to as Ogbanje (Abiku) out of their ignorance. Thank God for the Oyinbos!!

1 Like

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by frebor(m): 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
rutchiekens:

The number of children doesn't matter. Any child can be a sickler its just luck AS carriers can't choose what blood their children will form with.

That's just luck. Some sicklers rarely have crisis if they don't do too much physical stress.
Besides u're not telling the full story.

Do u know that folic acid has some side effects that affect both healthy people and sicklers.

Look at your mouth like "regular dose", its bad to live a life taking drugs daily.

From your comments, you are lacking a clear sense of judgement. You are asking for medical records to believe a story and yet you dislodge comments asking for a clear standing, what if the church couples had only a child? Na double standards dey disturb you.

You have not been in these situations, so you won't understand what it all entails. You make conclusive generalisations like all the statistics from medical cases don't count.

What will you say about Pelumi? E get luck?
holhuwaphemie:
Speak little of that which u know not. Am a sickler and am sorry to tell u dat ur analysis here doesn't apply, u make it sound like an expensive death sentence. I live an absolutely normal life bro.

O boy, face the facts and leave all sentiments out.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by thegoodone2(m): 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mynd44:
Why?

Isn't it funny that the same pastors that preach "Faith" and that "There is no situation that God can't change" are the ones writing this off? Is this a lack of Faith or a limitation of the abilities of "God"?

I believe God gave us the knowledge of medical science for our use and so we can make our lives better. He does not have to show up in our lives, he gave us knowledge so let's use it.

@OP,
IVF and/or Adoption

It is a lot better to have that and marry the person you love and you are happy with than leave that person and be miserable with the person you settle down with
if two of u are AS pls. domt marry each other my brother is SS and i know what it mean to be SS.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by arsetalks(m): 1:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
frebor:

It happens, and I'm a living witness. The story of the church couple will be incomplete without stating the number of children they have.
They so far have 3 kids. 2 girls and one boy and have done the right thing. Put an end to production.

It is a common knowledge in my church and said person is a nairalander. The wife is a semi popular gospel art.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Belexy(m): 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2014
Adoption, IVF, or choose to remain childless.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by arsetalks(m): 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
rutchiekens:

U're wrong,

u can't know just by looking at them.. Unless the parents are not taking care of the child very well.

The stats doesn't say 1 in 4.

I know someone whose first child is a sickler.

stop using stats cos that's gambling with a child's future.

You're living a healthy life so why would want a child to suffer.

U said your uncle bcame strained financially so I guess your reason is financial not out of selflessness.

Since u are not a sickler u'll never know/feel what your cousin felt.

Just so u know anyone can health problems so your reason should not be financial.
I admit I am wrong. Writing this with the greatest feeling of disappointment ever. Lost my ex few months ago but met this girl last week who I hope can go out with once I overcome the shock of losing my ex. She looks healthy but she is telling me she SS.

I would have said she is lying if she was not the one who did the asking.

Simply told her ( very rudely) that are parents are stupid and yes they are as she confirmed they knew.

Must be the most unlucky in the world. Another reason why considering a white makes sense.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by xhero: 1:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
rutchiekens:

The number of children doesn't matter. Any child can be a sickler its just luck AS carriers can't choose what blood their children will form with.

That's just luck. Some sicklers rarely have crisis if they don't do too much physical stress.
Besides u're not telling the full story.

Do u know that folic acid has some side effects that affect both healthy people and sicklers.

Look at your mouth like "regular dose", its bad to live a life taking drugs daily.
belive it or nt dats d full story. Its nt an argument call it luck or woteva u want.u dnt av any experience and a large number of y'all r speakin based on wot uve heard or tink u knw. I'm just tellin my own story bro.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Belexy(m): 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
xhero: I'm AS by d way and if my wife ends up bein AS I certainly won't wory.

And den u might end up having kids dat are SS and always in and out of hospital bcoz of crisis. Can u live with the fact dat u could av prevented ur kids from such pain or early death if u had applied a little bit of common sense.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by arsetalks(m): 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
Temmytea70:

Pls am confused,I need d bible passage of "heaven help those who help themselves"....just curious though
not a bible verse. It is a Shakespear book that many have accepted as bible verse.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by xhero: 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
Belexy:

And den u might end up having kids dat are SS and always in and out of hospital bcoz of crisis. Can u live with the fact dat u could av prevented ur kids from such pain or early death if u had applied a little bit of common sense.
dude if ure just waking up feel free to re-read my story. I aint a novice. Its peeps like u dat stigmatise HIV patients and drive dem to their early deaths by talkin witout reasoning. If u marry an AA cheating or nagging wife dat frustrates u and ur children isn't it d same or worse?

1 Like

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by dayooye(m): 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
tatiana009:

The only intelligent thing I have read on this thread
seconded
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by benswagtt(m): 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mynd44:
Why?

Isn't it funny that the same pastors that preach "Faith" and that "There is no situation that God can't change" are the ones writing this off? Is this a lack of Faith or a limitation of the abilities of "God"?

I believe God gave us the knowledge of medical science for our use and so we can make our lives better. He does not have to show up in our lives, he gave us knowledge so let's use it.

@OP,
IVF and/or Adoption

It is a lot better to have that and marry the person you love and you are happy with than leave that person and be miserable with the person you settle down with
ma pipul perish cos of lack of knwledge
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by talima(m): 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mynd44:
Why?

@OP,
IVF and/or Adoption

do not tempt the Lord your God.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by yomiyatty: 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
Pls stop talking trash. Have you heard of pre implantation genetic diagnosis? They do it in more than 20 centres in lagos and with a very high success rate. Stop discouraging people because of your ignorance. AS couple can marry without having a sickle cell diesease children with PGD. Pls get some information before you start talking rubbish here.

6 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by bjdon: 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
Please understand the risks. It's not as some have said that if you have 4 kids one will be a SS. It is a 1 in 4 probability so there is the very real chance that you could have 4 kids and ALL will be SS or none.

The only option you have is IVF, were the embryo's will be screened for their genotype. Some people also do a genotype test at about 3 months of pregnancy but there is a risk there of causing a miscarriage and you also need to be clear in your mind if you would abort the baby if it's SS.

My advice to you is if you are in Nigeria or plan to live in Nigeria with your kids, then please both of you need to find new life partners. If you are the developed world then you can talk with your doctors to consider your options

1 Like

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by talima(m): 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
Is 50/50. Is possible that all your children can be SS or AS or mixed. But my suggestion: dont marry such. Unless ur faith can carry you.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Sirmuell(m): 1:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
berem: If you are gonna have four kids,one of the kid is going to be a sickler. Two will be carriers and one normal:

AA AS AS SS

Its likely the fourth child will be the sickler but its not in all cases
Ode ni eleyi oh, what school or teacher taught you that theory you stated above? It is totally wrong pls. Each child they have has a possibility of coming as any of the four but strongly SS. Lastly, Pls dont test God. AS and AS arent just meant to be! Except if only God says so.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by kennynelcon(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
I love u no dey this one o
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
Sirmuell: Ode ni eleyi oh, what school or teacher taught you that theory you stated above? It is totally wrong pls. Each child they have has a possibility of coming as any of the four but strongly SS. Lastly, Pls dont test God. AS and AS arent just meant to be! Except if only God says so.
you should have corrected me instead of throwing insult? Se ni tori yen o n pe mi l'ode?

1 Like

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by AdeniyiA(m): 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
kbshow100: Just make sure you pay your tithe regularly and have faith in God. Everything will be alright

are you being sarcastic? if not i'd like to tell you that God does not condone stupidity nd that's why He gave us brain angry
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by yebokos(f): 2:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mynd44:
Why?

@OP,
IVF and/or Adoption

....Going into such marriage is not faith but Tempting God...cos u its a deliberate act when u already knows what can be d outcome...By d time such marriage produces child or children of SS...seeing them in pain during their crisis period or even losing them(God forbid)both parties will blame and regret marrying each oda...even d child can say to ur face Dad Mum why did u bring me in2 dis world to suffer...ONE word of advice pls rethink b4 going into such marriage.(Talking From experience).Peace
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by bebek: 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2014
Personally am disappointed in those under rating Gods ability in this matter.
God is almighty n can do all things. Dear if ur faith can carry you pls go ahead

1 Like

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by odingidiong: 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
bigmodo: What options are available for a couple with the same A.S genotype so they wont produce S.S children, please assist us.
pls i nid more educatin on ds blood types,their function,their advantage n dsadvantages
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Belexy(m): 2:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
xhero: dude if ure just waking up feel free to re-read my story. I aint a novice. Its peeps like u dat stigmatise HIV patients and drive dem to their early deaths by talkin witout reasoning. If u marry an AA cheating or nagging wife dat frustrates u and ur children isn't it d same or worse?

Oga its not d same ting. . . And nobody is talking abt stigmatization here. We are talking abt u not bringing kids into the world to suffer wen u cud av prevented it by applying wisdom.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by sholasys: 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2014
I want to give glory to God Almighty again and again. He is Wonderful and His name is Wonderful.
My self and my Wife are both AS. We knew when it was about 3months to our wedding, we had done intro.
We agreed to get married and Glory be to God, we have 2 wonderfully children male and female 5yr/3yr no SS.
We have stop and planned to adopt one when our first child is 10yr. If you are already in this my advise for you is to pray and fast very well. My wife fasted every day of the ninth month till delivery And God granted our request.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Parents Gone Wild: Bleaching Children's Skin / Photo Of A Pretty Young Mother And Her Son Which Has Gone Viral . / Laye Ajube, The Mother Of The 10 Children Whose Photo Went Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.