Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

When Räpe Is Her Fault? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / When Räpe Is Her Fault? (6689 Views)

See How 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air / Do You Say 'sorry' All The Time, Even When It's Not Your Fault? Is This Politene / Help: My Boyfriend Is Generous To A Fault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by red101(f): 1:48am On Jul 22, 2014
R.ape is a weapon of oppression. This is what happens to women who are raised to believe that r.ape is their fault. they disappear. their freedom is stripped from them. they live in a state of perpetual bondage. When a woman is r.aped in a society like this, she remains silent and cannot speak out because she will be punished or stoned for "adultery." A woman cannot dress freely, she cannot walk freely, she cannot use color. how is she not being stripped of her freedom, dignity and human rights? R.ape is nothing short of being a weapon of oppression.
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 2:00am On Jul 22, 2014
So, is she never at fault?
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by red101(f): 2:06am On Jul 22, 2014
all victims of crime "attracted" the criminal one way or another.
have you ever been a victim of armed robbery?
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 2:13am On Jul 22, 2014
That isn't true. Armed robbers have attacked poor homes that were very unlikely to yield them any rewards. Some people are broken that bad.
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by red101(f): 2:19am On Jul 22, 2014
women who cover up modestly have also been victims of r.ape. 92 yr old wrinkly old women have been victims of r.ape. Even innocent girls who are not even old enough to have their periods have been victims of r.ape. so what's your point?
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by TheBigUrban2: 2:21am On Jul 22, 2014
red101: all victims of crime "attracted" the criminal one way or another.
have you ever been a victim of armed robbery?

He has already claimed that a victim is at fault for the robbery

https://www.nairaland.com/1083809/muskeeto-ihedinobi-lb...lets-talk-here/4#12993460
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by red101(f): 2:25am On Jul 22, 2014
^ridiculous. then he should create a topic with the title "when armed robbery is his fault"

ihedinobi2, this is your work? now it all makes sense.
https://www.nairaland.com/1796883/christian-chatbox-dressing-women-discussion
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 6:20am On Jul 22, 2014
red101: ^ridiculous. then he should create a topic with the title "when armed robbery is his fault"

ihedinobi2, this is your work? now it all makes sense.
https://www.nairaland.com/1796883/christian-chatbox-dressing-women-discussion
I'm glad it does. I hoped it would soon. Did you manage to read anything on this particular thread before it did? Or did you see quotes from the Bible on the other and suddenly receive the light?

By the way, what's ridiculous about that? You yourself just said that all crime victims "attract" crime to themselves one way or another, didn't you? I only pointed out that there are ways that one may make themselves more susceptible to crime than they would ordinarily be. Is that a lie?
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 6:33am On Jul 22, 2014
red101: women who cover up modestly have also been victims of r.ape. 92 yr old wrinkly old women have been victims of r.ape. Even innocent girls who are not even old enough to have their periods have been victims of r.ape. so what's your point?
The very same I have been making all along: that while räpe cannot be totally eliminated, it can be reduced and avoided in some cases. You really should have read this thread before pulling out the knives to come at me.
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by coogar: 11:18am On Jul 22, 2014
ihedinobi2: A poster, MissMeiya, on a recent thread (www.nairaland.com/1808414/friendzone-picture-photos/8#24615408; www.nairaland.com/1808414/friendzone-picture-photos/7#24615227 ) compared räpe to murder and implied that just as it is improper to accuse a murder victim of culpability in their murder, a woman who was räped can never be considered accountable for it. It cannot be her fault no matter what she did or how she dressed.

There are times however when a killing is ruled excusable. Murder is killing no more than manslaughter is, for instance. But each killing is examined to see if it is excusable. Depending on what is found out, one may be termed a murderer or just a victim of circumstances (self-defence or accidental death) or a manslayer. Generally, the part of the victim of a killing forms a major part of these enquiries.

Thus, the part a woman plays in her räpe matters, at least according to MissMeiya's logic. If we compare with murder, it matters a tremendous deal indeed.

This is not being insensitive at all. Personally I advocate letting people be. I would not advise killing people because they want to kill you any more than I advise that a man should räpe a woman for any reason at all. Still, we cannot have our cake and eat it too. If you cause something and suffer an effect, pointing fingers will only harden you in a position of self-destruction.

At least, that's where MissMeiya's logic leads. What's yours?

you are preaching to the wrong crowd here cos the average nigerian cannot see beyond his/her nose. the IQ of the average nigerian is less than 16......when an average nigerian sees the word "rapê", his mind can only process the extreme cases where an innocent woman was clubbed in the head by a total stranger while walking on the streets.

however, only 10% of all räpe cases happen that way. far majority of victims of rapë know their attackers & i agree with you in 50% of the cases, both the victims & the attackers are to be blamed. as it happens in the west. a woman gets drunk irresponsibly. she flirts with a man who is also pissy-drunk. she seduces him, takes him to bed & they have sex. the next day, she feels guilty & sees the consensual technicality angle as a loophole & then screams räpe!!!

how's she blameless in what happened? if she's drunk & her "attacker" is also drunk, how is she blameless? at best, both of them should be charged with räpe but the law is such an asš that when a man gets drunk & have sex, it's räpe, when a woman gets drunk & have sex then she was taken advantage of. the trend is changing a bit though, more people are beginning to see there are different kinds of räpe these days.

1 Like

Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by lanaVello1(m): 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
MrAnony1:

Good now consider this scenario presented by InesQor

" I will drop a really very subtle one here; the case of a woman [b] THAT LETS A MAN HAVE HIS OWN WAY without any physical resistance because she is desperate for a child. But she does not actually consent to the se'x. . .

E.g. the woman has a husband/partner who she'd rather sleep with, but someone else is taking advantage of her because she is facing pressure about having no children. She may then not physically resist the attacker (in her desperation) even though she is entirely disgusted by the means to her end. For some victims, when rap'e is set into motion, they cope with the event by forcing their minds to think of themselves as third party observers. This is the only way their minds can deal with the violation they are experiencing. Such as this example would often involve such a coping mechanism. But never forget that rap'e is always about CONSENT. Not purpose."[/b]

Is this scenario above different from the one involving John? If so how? Secondly, would you say that the woman has been raped in this scenario? If so why?
To me,the statement in capitals has already connoted an element of consent

1 Like

Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by MrAnony1(m): 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
lanaVello1: To me,the statement in capitals has already connoted an element of consent
My point exactly.
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by coogar: 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
lanaVello1: To me,the statement in capitals has already connoted an element of consent

no, it doesn't
a woman has to say yes to sex to qualify it as consensual sex. lack of resistance does not suggest consensual sex. lawyers will use the technicality that she was too scared or too shocked to resist. this is why i said rapë cases are very complex cases.

1 Like

Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by TheBigUrban2: 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
Rap£ is complex.

If there arent signs of forced entry/struggle or an inconsistency with the victim's story, the rap£ might be deemed to be false.
http://www.cotwa.info/p/false-rape-allegations-assault-on.html
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by lanaVello1(m): 8:32pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

no, it doesn't
a woman has to say yes to sex to qualify it as consensual sex. lack of resistance does not suggest consensual sex. lawyers will use the technicality that she was too scared or too shocked to resist. this is why i said rapë cases are very complex cases.
of course rape cases are always technically complex as per d suspected rapist is innocent until shown otherwise and its always hard to prove that she didnt consent to the s£x in cases like this.
Excuses that she was too shocked to resist get rebutted mostly and cases where they are tolerated are highly elusive
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by lanaVello1(m): 8:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
TheBigUrban2: Rap£ is complex.

If there arent signs of forced entry/struggle or an inconsistency with the victim's story, the rap£ might be deemed to be false.
http://www.cotwa.info/p/false-rape-allegations-assault-on.html

YAGA!
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by coogar: 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
lanaVello1: of course rape cases are always technically complex as per d suspected rapist is innocent until shown otherwise and its always hard to prove that she didnt consent to the s£x in cases like this.
Excuses that she was too shocked to resist get rebutted mostly and cases where they are tolerated are highly elusive

don't be too hasty to say excuses of shock to resist get rebutted. in the UK, if the woman didn't say yes, the accused cops a rapë charge.

a woman took her husband to a UK court that she was räped. the agreement was that husband should not ejäculate into her. hubby got carried away and did otherwise. the judge agreed she was räped because what was agreed prior the sëx act was breached by the hubby.

so my friend, räpe in my neck of the woods is very delicate. men here practically put a tape recorder somewhere in the room before proceeding & we make sure we ask 20 times before doing the do. if she does not say yes verbally, no sensible man should proceed otherwise.......

1 Like

Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by lanaVello1(m): 9:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

don't be too hasty to say excuses of shock to resist get rebutted. in the UK, if the woman didn't say yes, the accused cops a rapë charge.

a woman took her husband to a UK court that she was räped. the agreement was that husband should not ejäculate into her. hubby got carried away and did otherwise. the judge agreed she was räped because what was agreed prior the sëx act was breached by the hubby.

so my friend, räpe in my neck of the woods is very delicate. men here practically put a tape recorder somewhere in the room before proceeding & we make sure we ask 20 times before doing the do. if she does not say yes verbally, no sensible man should proceed otherwise.......
actually i tot we were referring to african jurisdictions? btw...thats jez one case,a particular judge's decision that could have been appealed against until i see the facts...evennif its on tape and u say yes to the man due to coercion,she can still make her case because she said yes under duress....all that matters s a good counsel,solid evidence and a really good judge/jury
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by coogar: 9:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
lanaVello1:
actually i tot we were referring to african jurisdictions? btw...thats jez one case,a particular judge's decision that could have been appealed against until i see the facts...evennif its on tape and u say yes to the man due to coercion,she can still make her case because she said yes under duress....all that matters s a good counsel,solid evidence and a really good judge/jury

that's why it's on tape.
from the whole conversation since she got into the bedroom to the actual do, a sensible prosecutor would deduce if she was coerced or gagging for it. prosecutors would quickly strike off the case before their client gets charged for claiming false rapë.

it wasn't one case - this was in a high court. lord judges sat down & examined the case and they all agreed the woman was räped since she was deprived of choice with the consequence that her consent was negated.

1 Like

Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by traware(m): 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

you are preaching to the wrong crowd here cos the average nigerian cannot see beyond his/her nose. the IQ of the average nigerian is less than 16......when an average nigerian sees the word "rapê", his mind can only process the extreme cases where an innocent woman was clubbed in the head by a total stranger while walking on the streets.

however, only 10% of all räpe cases happen that way. far majority of victims of rapë know their attackers & i agree with you in 50% of the cases, both the victims & the attackers are to be blamed. as it happens in the west. a woman gets drunk irresponsibly. she flirts with a man who is also pissy-drunk. she seduces him, takes him to bed & they have sex. the next day, she feels guilty & sees the consensual technicality angle as a loophole & then screams räpe!!!

how's she blameless in what happened? if she's drunk & her "attacker" is also drunk, how is she blameless? at best, both of them should be charged with räpe but the law is such an asš that when a man gets drunk & have sex, it's räpe, when a woman gets drunk & have sex then she was taken advantage of. the trend is changing a bit though, more people are beginning to see there are different kinds of räpe these days.

Sir,I would like to congratulate you for possessing a functioning brain.Great posts
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

I actually googled the term räpe and just as I expected, it couldn't be defined clearly by many of the experts anymore. If a woman says 'no' while a man is, well, 'working' her, it's räpe too. Gee! Talk about ridiculousness at its heights and those were not Nigerians writing either (I don't agree about the IQ part though. I personally think it's Westerners that are growing incredibly dull around the gills).

It's very telling that women can even be confused about when they've been räped. I don't think it was difficult before the 21st century. There's just something so weird about this century that I think is worth study. Why is nothing definite anymore?
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by TheBigUrban2: 10:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I actually googled the term räpe and just as I expected, it couldn't be defined clearly by many of the experts anymore. If a woman says 'no' while a man is, well, 'working' her, it's räpe too. Gee! Talk about ridiculousness at its heights and those were not Nigerians writing either (I don't agree about the IQ part though. I personally think it's Westerners that are growing incredibly dull around the gills).

It's very telling that women can even be confused about when they've been räped. I don't think it was difficult before the 21st century. There's just something so weird about this century that I think is worth study. Why is nothing definite anymore?

In reality, the line between right and wrong is not clear. But in your christian fairytales, it is clear. Your objective morality isnt absolutely objective.

Furthermore, it seems Westerners are advancing and we Africans are reetarding away.

If you have a good lawyer, you can escape a fraudulent rap£ charge.....just like the nonsense one Coogar mentioned.

Ejaculation is at the tail end of se.x. The woman didnt exactly withdraw her consent and secondly it depends on how the man ejaculated...if he tried his best to ejaculate outside with just only little entering her, then he can make a case for innocence.
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by coogar: 11:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
ihedinobi2:

according to whoopie goldberg, there's räpe-räpe. then there's also gray räpe, "nonconsensual" sëx, etc. feminists are the ones pushing the boundaries & it's so confusing now.

before 2013, only the consent angle carried weight. after 2013, they included the penetration angle. two teenagers are making out. the girl unzips the boy's trousers & grabs his manhood. the boy returns the gesture by sticking a finger in. since she didn't consent to that particular act, he has räped her.

this is another good point!
there are so many technicalities now attached to it. may God save teenage boys of the 21st century. many of them are walking on land mines without being aware.
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by lanaVello1(m): 11:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

that's why it's on tape.
from the whole conversation since she got into the bedroom to the actual do, a sensible prosecutor would deduce if she was coerced or gagging for it. prosecutors would quickly strike off the case before their client gets charged for claiming false rapë.

it wasn't one case - this was in a high court. lord judges sat down & examined the case and they all agreed the woman was räped since she was deprived of choice with the consequence that her consent was negated.
sighting the case wud be rily helpful if u dnt mind.
My point remains until proven that her consent wasn't given to the action,d r@pe thingy remains a claim
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

In reality, the line between right and wrong is not clear. But in your christian fairytales, it is clear. Your objective morality isnt absolutely objective.

Furthermore, it seems Westerners are advancing and we Africans are reetarding away.

If you have a good lawyer, you can escape a fraudulent rap£ charge.....just like the nonsense one Coogar mentioned.

Ejaculation is at the tail end of se.x. The woman didnt exactly withdraw her consent and secondly it depends on how the man ejaculated...if he tried his best to ejaculate outside with just only little entering her, then he can make a case for innocence.

I don't mean to sound insulting, but you should probably reread your post and see if it makes sense to you.

Westerners are advancing so much that they don't know what räpe is anymore? Ejäculation is the ice breaker? What else are we going to hear? Please, the West is going nuts.

Again, you say a good lawyer would unravel a fraudulent räpe charge. Well, couldn't they also successfully push one? The West is not advancing, my friend, it's degenerating.

And the two above aren't even what's wrong with your post. If the line between right and wrong is clear for us Christians, how is our objective morality not objective? You can say that it is losing popularity, but it is still what it is. And what good is all the confusion doing those who are throwing out clear limits and delineations? How much money do Western systems waste on frivolous law suits that center around ego and greed? Money that you people work hard to get to contribute as tax to the government.

Anyway, it's your headache. You should be deciding whether to smoke or chew your panadol, not me.
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by lanaVello1(m): 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
Actually d thing is most african countries focus their definitions of rape on consent and its really tough proving lack of consent
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by TheBigUrban2: 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I don't mean to sound insulting, but you should probably reread your post and see if it makes sense to you.

Westerners are advancing so much that they don't know what räpe is anymore? Ejäculation is the ice breaker? What else are we going to hear? Please, the West is going nuts.

Again, you say a good lawyer would unravel a fraudulent räpe charge. Well, couldn't they also successfully push one? The West is not advancing, my friend, it's degenerating.

And the two above aren't even what's wrong with your post. If the line between right and wrong is clear for us Christians, how is our objective morality not objective? You can say that it is losing popularity, but it is still what it is. And what good is all the confusion doing those who are throwing out clear limits and delineations? How much money do Western systems waste on frivolous law suits that center around ego and greed? Money that you people work hard to get to contribute as tax to the government.

Anyway, it's your headache. You should be deciding whether to smoke or chew your panadol, not me.

You know nothing about the law and you are just spouting your usual drivel. I was talking about e.jaculation as regards to the case Coogar cited.....and not in general

You can not even agree with what the bible is saying among your fellow christians in church and on nairaland, yet your morality is clear and objective. Delusions

Only an ignorant African christian would look at Western society and claim that it is degenerating, while ignoring decayed sheithole that is his african continent
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 11:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

according to whoopie goldberg, there's räpe-räpe. then there's also gray räpe, "nonconsensual" sëx, etc. feminists are the ones pushing the boundaries & it's so confusing now.

before 2013, only the consent angle carried weight. after 2013, they included the penetration angle. two teenagers are making out. the girl unzips the boy's trousers & grabs his manhood. the boy returns the gesture by sticking a finger in. since she didn't consent to that particular act, he has räped her.
I actually lol'ed at this. I did read something like it too in the silly instances they were giving of when an event is räpe but reading it again somehow doesn't wipe out the ridiculousness abeg. grin

this is another good point!
there are so many technicalities now attached to it. may God save teenage boys of the 21st century. many of them are waking on land mines without being aware.
I think they should just start making Mars habitable so that the two genders can go their separate ways and meet only after they've signed very elaborate contracts.
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by lanaVello1(m): 11:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:
after 2013, they included the penetration angle. two teenagers are making out. the girl unzips the boy's trousers & grabs his manhood. the boy returns the gesture by sticking a finger in. since she didn't consent to that particular act, he has räped her.
in what jurisdiction is the boldened act criminalized as rape
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by TheBigUrban2: 11:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
lanaVello1: in what jurisdiction is the boldened act criminalized as rape

Coogar can lie grin grin
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 11:19pm On Jul 23, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

You know nothing about the law and you are just spouting your usual drivel. I was talking about e.jaculation as regards to the case Coogar cited.....and not in general
Your claim to prove. As for ejäculation, I was also addressing it accordingly. It is as ridiculous in one case as it would be as a general rule. And the fact that it went to court is proof of the rank idiõcy running your judicial systems.

You can not even agree with what the bible is saying among your fellow christians in church and on nairaland, yet your morality is clear and objective. Delusions
It was you who said that the line between right and wrong is clear for us. It is also you who are saying now that it isn't. It's your integrity to do with as you please.

Only an ignorant African christian would look at Western society and claim that it is degenerating, while ignoring decayed sheithole that is his african continent
I'm not ignoring my continent. But even if I were, the West would not be doing better merely because Africa is doing badly. That's just weird reasoning.
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by coogar: 11:19pm On Jul 23, 2014
lanaVello1: sighting the case wud be rily helpful if u dnt mind.
My point remains until proven that her consent wasn't given to the action,d r@pe thingy remains a claim

are you kidding me?
consent was given to the act, consent wasn't given for the man to ejacülate. she told her hubby to pull out but the hubby refused telling her "i am your husband and i shall do what i please". she got pregnant as a result & she took the matter to court.

at first hearing, the case was dismissed then it went to the high court & 3 lord judges deliberated and re-examined the case. this time they came with a verdict that it was räpe since her choice was taken away from her. i will look into my archives later & send you the link. even british women were embarrassed with the ridiculousness of the verdict & how it's a mockery to the genuine victims of räpe.

ihedinobi2:
I actually lol'ed at this. I did read something like it too in the silly instances they were giving of when an event is räpe but reading it again somehow doesn't wipe out the ridiculousness abeg. grin

just so you know - a woman can never räpe a man in the west. at worst, she can only get sëxual assault. the only instance women get charged for rapë is when she's an accomplice to a man räping another woman.

so if a woman spikes your drink & mounts you without your consent, it doesn't amount to räpe. the explanation is only a man carries an organ that can penetrate so women cân never râpe.

I think they should just start making Mars habitable so that the two genders can go their separate ways and meet only after they've signed very elaborate contracts.

you are right bro!
in this century, it's a criminal offence on it's own to be male. cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Classic Pictures Of The Ever Changing Face Of Akwa Ibom State. / Congratulations To Alabi Pasuma For His Private Jet / You Need To Watch This!!! (A 6 Year Old Girl Gives 5yr Old Boy Lap Dance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.