Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,595 members, 7,801,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

A Thread For Keyboardists - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Keyboardists (195144 Views)

Help Me With The Use Of Deminished Chord My Fellow Keyboardists. / Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) / *****all Keyboardists/pianists/interested Folks, Click Here!***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 8:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
Feel free to share what you've learnt, your questions about the keyboard and also business related questions...I'm also a keyboardist leggo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by SaintAlbert53: 8:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
I play all kind of songs,bt can't play makossa very well without the help of bass guitar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 9:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
SaintAlbert53: I play all kind of songs,bt can't play makossa very well without the help of bass guitar
Ohh you can try listening to songs and learning the bass lines...that's the way
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by SaintAlbert53: 10:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
Dramadiddy: Ohh you can try listening to songs and learning the bass lines...that's the way

songs like?
i knw how to play makossa,BUT i wn't b able to freestyle like d way i play odas.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 11:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
SaintAlbert53:

songs like?
i knw how to play makossa,BUT i wn't b able to freestyle like d way i play odas.
Listen to nigerian praise...not all those computerized music o...fresh natural one...listen to sammy okposo, tim Godfrey....the bass lines in these people's music are killing!!!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 16, 2014
guy u shall won mk front page sha ni.i won learn how to play keyboard

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by SaintAlbert53: 10:56am On Jul 16, 2014
Dramadiddy: Listen to nigerian praise...not all those computerized music o...fresh natural one...listen to sammy okposo, tim Godfrey....the bass lines in these people's music are killing!!!

Timz agidigba iz notin to me,even my younger broda playz dem like craze..likewise most of hiz songs..
Sammy okposo does nt sing makossa nau,he has his own kind of genere..
I AM TALKIN OF MAKOSSA BRO
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by emilo26(m): 12:30pm On Jul 16, 2014
Other instrumentalist fit join the thread abi na only keyboardists?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
SaintAlbert53:

Timz agidigba iz notin to me,even my younger broda playz dem like craze..likewise most of hiz songs..
Sammy okposo does nt sing makossa nau,he has his own kind of genere..
I AM TALKIN OF MAKOSSA BRO
Lol...go buy all these french songs...there's enough bass lines bro!

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 9:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
emilo26: Other instrumentalist fit join the thread abi na only keyboardists?
na only for keyboardists o but you can ask a general musical question and I'll answer...I know say u be drummer I no sabi strokes and chops
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
hmmm... interesting thread, i play keyboard as well amd i must say its an interesting instrument... I'm thinking some gurus here could record some sturvs and upload for we learners nau... stuffs like bass lines, soloing, etc(buh wit keyboard only)

"daramiddy wat do u think?'
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
lilhansome: hmmm... interesting thread, i play keyboard as well amd i must say its an interesting instrument... I'm thinking some gurus here could record some sturvs and upload for we learners nau... stuffs like bass lines, soloing, etc(buh wit keyboard only)

"daramiddy wat do u think?'
Yeah but I thnk that shd be in reply to someone's question...maybe if you don't understand what a major chord is then you can compose a voice note to clear the question...besides recordings of mre than 250kb can't be uploaded here... What level are you lilhansome?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 17, 2014
Dramadiddy: Yeah but I thnk that shd be in reply to someone's question...maybe if you don't understand what a major chord is then you can compose a voice note to clear the question...besides recordings of mre than 250kb can't be uploaded here... What level are you lilhansome?
i just dey play ni oga mi, i no dey do level nau:/
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 6:56am On Jul 17, 2014
lilhansome: i just dey play ni oga mi, i no dey do level nau:/
okay sir
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by 2rhymestharap(m): 9:25am On Jul 17, 2014
I, I know evritin got keyboard.. Major , Minor , Augmented, Diminished, Major3rd, major 7th.. Like I sabi play musical notes... But I don't know how to play keybaord still... Like.. When people are singing so I follow up by playing what they are singing I can't play it.. But if you gie me musical notes e.g Yanny's scales.. I can play them but I can't play keyboard like people singing and me playing to it... Like I don't know the works of those chords, how they connect and progression.. You gott me?h

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 6:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
2rhymestharap: I, I know evritin got keyboard.. Major , Minor , Augmented, Diminished, Major3rd, major 7th.. Like I sabi play musical notes... But I don't know how to play keybaord still... Like.. When people are singing so I follow up by playing what they are singing I can't play it.. But if you gie me musical notes e.g Yanny's scales.. I can play them but I can't play keyboard like people singing and me playing to it... Like I don't know the works of those chords, how they connect and progression.. You gott me?h
you need to learn the original song first..if u can get the original song, learn it and all will be fine
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Tymax(m): 7:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
2rhymestharap: I, I know evritin got keyboard.. Major , Minor , Augmented, Diminished, Major3rd, major 7th.. Like I sabi play musical notes... But I don't know how to play keybaord still... Like.. When people are singing so I follow up by playing what they are singing I can't play it.. But if you gie me musical notes e.g Yanny's scales.. I can play them but I can't play keyboard like people singing and me playing to it... Like I don't know the works of those chords, how they connect and progression.. You gott me?h
You sightread?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 17, 2014

what's yanni scale? Did you study music?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 11:51pm On Jul 17, 2014
kolawaxxy:

what's yanni scale? Did you study music?
yanni is a composer....i dont knw wat he meant by yanni's scale?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 10:54am On Jul 18, 2014
Can someone please give me some rhythm the ones I know is becoming stale. sad
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
Karleb: Can someone please give me some rhythm the ones I know is becoming stale. sad
Pls explain...are you a keyboardist?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
Dramadiddy: Pls explain...are you a keyboardist?

Yes I am, an intermediate at that.

What mean by rhythm is something like: d m r d, r f m r, m s f m, r m r... that we all use to learn keyboard.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 6:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
Karleb:

What mean by rhythm is something like: d m r d, r f m r, m s f m, r m r... that we all use to learn keyboard.
I still don't get you
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by cbrass(m): 8:07pm On Jul 18, 2014
Karleb:

How come you do what I do grin
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 8:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
cbrass:

How come you do what I do grin

grin
Bros you also play keyboard, that one be say I don get Godfather for keyboard niyen.

**dancing galala**

Wooow. Pls help me explain to Dramadiddy what rhythm means.
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by cbrass(m): 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2014
Karleb:

grin
Bros you also play keyboard, that one be say I don get Godfather for keyboard niyen.

**dancing galala**

Wooow. Pls help me explain to Dramadiddy what rhythm means.

Lol anyway na hymns and Jazz I play sha
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
cbrass:

Lol anyway na hymns and Jazz I play sha

Ok.

But do you play in church?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by cbrass(m): 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
Dramadiddy what Karleb is tring to define is Chord that 3 or more agreeable notes played together eg Do Mi So, Fa La Doh, So Ti Re Do
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Karleb(m): 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2014
cbrass: Dramadiddy what Karleb is tring to define is Chord that 3 or more agreeable notes played together eg Do Mi So, Fa La Doh, So Ti Re Do

Bros just one question, are you yoruba? Do you know Orlando?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by cbrass(m): 10:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
Karleb:

Bros just one question, are you yoruba? Do you know Orlando?

Yes nw from Osun state based in lag. Yes I know him

Oh I think I know what you mean nw.lol
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 2:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
Karleb:

Ok.

But do you play in church?
I know what rhythm means, if he was a drummer it would have been more clear...according to cbrass, what you're looking for is vamping styles right?
Re: A Thread For Keyboardists by Dramadiddy(m): 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
cbrass:

Yes nw from Osun state based in lag. Yes I know him

Oh I think I know what you mean nw.lol
Bro please share some good jazz tunes you listen to

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply)

Romantic Yoruba Songs / Download Mp3: Wiz Khalifa - Something New Ft. Ty Dolla $ign / Play And Download Music Video For Free @ Www.naijamusic.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.