Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,456 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' (21354 Views)

Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes / Catholic Bishop Of Aba Diocese Most Rev Vincent Ezeonyia Passes On. / Monsignor Matthew Hassan Kukah Now Catholic Bishop Of Sokoto Diocese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by jadelyn007(f): 7:18am On Jul 16, 2014
Nigerians with their holier than thou attitude, they forget that the bible says all liars shall have their part in the lake of fire, same with fornicators, murderers, adulterers,malice, wrath, envy, evil speaking, jesting, coveteousness, lust, greed. Same goes for homosexuals, so befor u start casting jugdement on any fellow human, look deep down into ursef n ask, am I guilty of any sin that will place me in the same hell as d homosexual?
Take the case of the adulterous woman brot to the Lord Jesus, he told the self righteous pharisees, let anyone without sin be d first to cast a stone den he told the woman, I donot condemn u, go and sin no more.
So let us not condemn the sinner rather let us condemn the sin while bearing in mind that the sin of homosexuality is the same with every other sin we commit in our day to day lives in the eyes of the almighty God.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by danot1030: 7:19am On Jul 16, 2014
But wot is d news about dis and who doesn't know dat roman catholic is d hub of sodomy? Roman catholic is a satanic sect dat worship idols, occultism and blood ritualism is prevalent among d members, apart from d fact dat fathers relief their libido wit those nuns call sisters the practice of homosexual and lesbianism is high among them, even their pope Francis is a homosexual.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by searay(m): 7:21am On Jul 16, 2014
Jbenue: If the Catholic church is not carefull they will end up like the Anglican Church a watered down version of christianity who are sometimes scared to aknowledge God himself
can you prove this pls.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by dinachi(m): 7:21am On Jul 16, 2014
This can only come from a Bishop of Satan! This is a man who baptised the daughter of a Lesbian couple. He is a strong advocate of homosexuality, he is just bidding his time. When the worlds first homosexual Pope Francis (current pope) comes out of the closet, this Bishop of satan will follow suit. The homosexual lobby has succeeded in frightening governments and even the Roman Catholic Church to submission. The American government is being manipulated by homosexuals. How come the same bishop cannot preach this same message about pedophilic priests in his church? He is the hypocrite!
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Noneroone(m): 7:22am On Jul 16, 2014
blackpanda:

Since you know howhow to quote bible very well, I hope u are also very perfect in your ways!
You must follow the laws of bible to the latter. because if you dont, your own part of hell will be the hottest!
one must not be perfect in order to condemn a sin. Stop intimidating people's anti-sodomy stance by attacking their jugular. sin is sin whatever perspective. There is God!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 16, 2014
texanomaly: What is LGBT?

lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender and along with heterosexual they describe people's sexual orientation or gender identity.

Source: google.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 16, 2014
Jbenue: If the Catholic church is not carefull they will end up like the Anglican Church a watered down version of christianity who are sometimes scared to aknowledge God himself
buahaha they hv bn saying since 17th century. what ppl dnt knw is catholic church is big but universal and one.the bishop clearly stated his oppinion which is very good.no body support their act but all he is asking is compassion for the gay ppl,which we should understand because he is from a third world country.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 16, 2014
dinachi: This can only come from a Bishop of Satan! This is a man who baptised the daughter of a Lesbian couple. He is a strong advocate of homosexuality, he is just bidding his time. When the worlds first homosexual Pope Francis (current pope) comes out of the closet, this Bishop of satan will follow suit. The homosexual lobby has succeeded in frightening governments and even the Roman Catholic Church to submission. The American government is being manipulated by homosexuals. How come the same bishop cannot preach this same message about pedophilic priests in his church? He is the hypocrite!
hahaha see how your comment lack basic fact.learn to respect people's opinion

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 16, 2014
Noneroone: one must not be perfect in order to condemn a sin. Stop intimidating people's anti-sodomy stance by attacking their jugular. sin is sin whatever perspective. There is God!

LOL! You are with sin and you are condemning another sin.

You ought to be perfect before you can do that. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by ZUBY77(m): 7:30am On Jul 16, 2014
The only constant thing in life is change
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by jadelyn007(f): 7:38am On Jul 16, 2014
tevinsolt: 1 Corinthians 6:11
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

1 John 1:9-10
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

James 2:10
10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.

Romans 3:10
As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one;
The most reasonable post I have seen on this thread, now judging by these scriptural verses, which of us is better than any homosexual?

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Amaechi5(m): 7:41am On Jul 16, 2014
pope john paul that died in 2005,and u are still referring about him being a pope un 2011.What a wrong info u are giving to the people and I think u are sick too @op.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by 1stola: 7:42am On Jul 16, 2014
ddippset: i think his message is simple; hate the sin, dont hate the sinner- hate the homosexuality dont hate the homosexual.
Silly deduction.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by mizjules(f): 7:42am On Jul 16, 2014
ddippset: i think his message is simple; hate the sin, dont hate the sinner- hate the homosexuality dont hate the homosexual.

Yea right, so now I can love a criminal, kidnapper,BH n whatnot but hate their crime right? Smh that's not it, won't jugde them though,we only can pray for them n try to change them, because I believe that's not who they are, not not by turning blind eye to their crime or try to make them comfortable with it

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by CharlieMaria(m): 7:44am On Jul 16, 2014
texanomaly:

Haha very funny... undecided

I'm serious. I guess "L" and "G" are lesbian and gay. What is the rest?
Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by vickyO(f): 7:45am On Jul 16, 2014
tevinsolt:

you are sick, not because you stand for what is right but cuz you lack simple comprehension skills. yes the bible calls it an abomination/a sin, but you are a self righteous hypocrite who needs to start reading his/her bible worth clarity of mind.

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

You need to have more grasp at understanding. I said homosexuality in people is a sick trait. Or do you have a problem with the word, sick or just a general miscomprehension of my point? I term homosexuality in people as a bad trait just as I would term fornication or murder or deceit in people as a bad trait. Capisce?
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by rezy15(m): 7:46am On Jul 16, 2014
MEILYN: Don't deceive people. God hates the sinner until he or she comes unto repentance. Apostle Paul taught that we should not be seen in the midst of the ungodly. We all have the right to choose, the bible says God hated Esau, why? Because of his inequity, the bible also says God abhor sinners. So I wonder where you got such points from
bible expert! Hw then does evangelism work? Didn't the missionaries reach out to your Idol worshipping fore fathers with their barbaric sacrifices for them to be converted. Your are clearly the ignorant one. Stop quoting ur verses out of context cos paul was one of the foremost preachers to the gentiles. How on earth did he do dat?

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by blackpanda: 7:48am On Jul 16, 2014
Noneroone: one must not be perfect in order to condemn a sin. Stop intimidating people's anti-sodomy stance by attacking their jugular. sin is sin whatever perspective. There is God!

I am not intimidating u, neither am I going for your jugular....thats just your conscience.
And if sin is sin as u say, that what makes u better than a homosexual.
Unless you are telling me u do not sin?
Thats the reason Jesus advocated for love, not condemnation. You are not the holiest, and therefore possess no right to condemn anybody.
Face your own salvation, and let people find theirs.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 16, 2014
mizjules:

Yea right, so now I can love a criminal, kidnapper,BH n whatnot but hate their crime right? Smh that's not it, won't jugde them though,we only can pray for them n try to change them, because I believe that's not who they are, not not by turning blind eye to their crime or try to make them comfortable with it

WOW! Silly deduction.

Those one is a threat to your life you know? undecided

Why am I even typing

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Noneroone(m): 7:56am On Jul 16, 2014
FrancisTony:

LOL! You are with sin and you are condemning another sin.

You ought to be perfect before you can do that. undecided
Two wrongs can never make a right. I think the greatest mistake christians make is their quest to approach religious issues with conventional wisdom and logic. Some gay apologists are not even gay themselves but are people who are afraid to defend their faith and convinction in order to avoid being "uncivilized".
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 16, 2014
Noneroone: Two wrongs can never make a right. I think the greatest mistake christians make is their quest to approach religious issues with conventional wisdom and logic. Some gay apologists are not even gay themselves but are people who are afraid to defend their faith and convinction in order to avoid being "uncivilized".

Atleast, if you wanna bash or criminalise Gays, criminise all sins.

We ain't better than USA that legalise gayism and that doesn't mean more Nigerian will make heaven more than Americans. Atleast we have Nigerian hypocrite sinners.

I am not saying it's good to be GAY but they deserve thier freedom.

I notice that most anti-gays who hide under protection of their culture and bible/quran, watch lesbian indecency and advocate for it.

So, how does that protect our culture or bible/qu'ran.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by rezy15(m): 8:05am On Jul 16, 2014
Bennyberry: U CAN GO ND DIE.WHO CARES ABT U MAKING HEAVEN OR NOT.#proudofyourfoolishness
behold a 'christian' talking. No wonder islam is the fastest growing religion today. Obviously christians with their hate attitude like urs is getting something wrong. So u will feel ntin if he doesn't make heaven and u do? Den guy ur already roommates wherever hes going

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 16, 2014
I don't like the sight of homosexuals and their acts. However, what they do is none of my business. In the same vein, what a drug consumer does too should none of anyone's business...Until it happens to your relative (Gotcha!)
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 16, 2014
jayseehe: this man is sick. doesn't he have a bible
y will u say dat? He is trying to say dat he is not God, he can't not condemn anyone rather u pray for them.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by rezy15(m): 8:28am On Jul 16, 2014
egbe4real: y will u say dat? He is trying to say dat he is not God, he can't not condemn anyone rather u pray for them.
babygirl don't you know we have gods and P.As to God here on earth??!!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by InesQor(m): 8:30am On Jul 16, 2014
beryl04:
"It would seem that the only moral rules deal with condemning same-sex couples and abortions. You do that and you’re the perfect Christian."

The nub of a sad story.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Noneroone(m): 8:53am On Jul 16, 2014
blackpanda:

I am not intimidating u, neither am I going for your jugular....thats just your conscience.
And if sin is sin as u say, that what makes u better than a homosexual.
Unless you are telling me u do not sin?
Thats the reason Jesus advocated for love, not condemnation. You are not the holiest, and therefore possess no right to condemn anybody.
Face your own salvation, and let people find theirs.
salvation is not meant to be personal otherwise you wouldnt have become a christian!
Again love is so widely misinterpreted that i need to ask you what you mean by it. My point- a christian has a duty to condemn a sin.
let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins. JAMES 5:20
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by klensx: 8:55am On Jul 16, 2014
Brand new octa core phones & Tablets running Android 4.4.2 kit Kat from N15000 up, O8IO8I3I92O, https://www.nairaland.com/1801065/klens-global-cheapest-pre-order
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by ddippset(m): 8:58am On Jul 16, 2014
mizjules:

criminal? Crime? Against who? Crime against you or against humanity? I know you have a boy friend or had a boy friend, did anyone hate you or call you a criminal in your days of fornication? All they do is fvck themselves not kill or steal. Our problem is that we think that those of us that criticize them the most on social media, are the ones that hate homosexuality the most. Never, I hate it more than you do trust me.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by stag: 9:10am On Jul 16, 2014
RedClay: Coming from a Bishop? Gush this is disgusting and annoying.

Very.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by hummerwise(m): 9:48am On Jul 16, 2014
FrancisTony:

I am catholic and OP doesn't even have a SOURCE.

But, what do you mean by this statement?

Bishop message is clear "hate the act and don't hate the person"

Bible said "Love your neighbour as yourself" and when you go against that, you should know that you're ending in the same pit of hell with homosexuals.

You gerrit? undecided

Got ur message sir,
But you seem to 4get somthn, if your standing for something you should be crystal clear on it, don't you think the most thing he would and done or said was to criticise the act firmly instead of trying to beat around the bush in othr 2 make his point...

My point is that,
criticising the act should have come first before lecturing us not to condemn them..
I am not condeming them tho, but the act should be treated as utmost because its an act of anti-christ

Tank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? / TB Joshua: SCOAN Worshippers Celebrate Founder’s First Memorial, Legacies. / Man Dies As Bulletproof Charm Fails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.