Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,170 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' (21351 Views)

Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes / Catholic Bishop Of Aba Diocese Most Rev Vincent Ezeonyia Passes On. / Monsignor Matthew Hassan Kukah Now Catholic Bishop Of Sokoto Diocese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
The world is civilising. Homozex has been accepted and legalised. Next on the list is iincest and pedophilia. Rejoice for progress.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
jayseehe: this man is sick. doesn't he have a bible

Bulletin
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
beryl04:

Epic!
Datz all I can say.
You know what will be more epic? Legalisation and acceptance of sibling sexx and permission to sleep with underage kids. smiley
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by beryl04(m): 3:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
freshdude2: You know what will be more epic? Legalisation and acceptance of sibling sexx and permission to sleep with underage kids. smiley

Well dear, in this your sick country the latter is legal while the former is the norm,so, u go figure.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
beryl04:

Well dear, in this your sick country the latter is legal while the former is the norm,so, u go figure.
well, we will have to be patient till it's an all comers affair. smiley
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Alleinad(f): 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
So much hate. Its scary because we claim to be followers, evn children of the God of love. Where is the love that christianity was built on? And other religions for that matter? Verbal abuse, physical abuse, cyber bullying, intolerance of one another, lynching fellow poor men, raping girls as punishment for crimes, etc. Let's live love. Let's preach love. Let's love!

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by beryl04(m): 4:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
freshdude2: well, we will have to be patient till it's an all comers affair. smiley

Doesn't it seem like an all comers affair to u already with d nigerian situation?
Is naija not on a free-fall already?
Abeg,sing me another tune jare!
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
beryl04:

Doesn't it seem like an all comers affair to u already with d nigerian situation?
Is naija not on a free-fall already?
Abeg,sing me another tune jare!
Not yet. We are yet to add iincest, bestiality et al. Slow and steady they say.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by beryl04(m): 4:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
freshdude2: Not yet. We are yet to add iincest, bestiality et al. Slow and steady they say.

U are clearly not following!
Up north people molest animals and do they go to jail ,no!
Down here in d south and all over this God-forsaken country,iincest happens everyday and no one baths an eyelid.
We have as a people come to chose we term as sin and disgusting and then deserve death and condemnation.so little wonder the 'lawless' country is spiralling out of control.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by beryl04(m): 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2014
@freshdude,btw,why are u not adding ra..pe? D other day sum1 raped a girl and d link was given us here on nairaland .it was quite disgusting but did anybody do anything about it?no.
So to us ra..pe is normal undecided
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by bidexolumanish(m): 4:36pm On Jul 16, 2014
searay: I love NL. Please I don't have any reasonable comment.

.quote me or die!
oloshi
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by iamjane(f): 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
ddippset: i think his message is simple; hate the sin, dont hate the sinner- hate the homosexuality dont hate the homosexual.
Fight the murder not the murderer. Crystal clear
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Onyii90(f): 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
U just made sense
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by texazzpete(m): 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
coachwilcox:

Bros. First I think you're clearly deluded and confused. Calling me an slowpoke when you've not even seen me before smacks of your ridiculously low IQ.

All the acts in the scripture above are clearly condemned and we are urged to desist from them if we want to inherit the kingdom of God. Now, condemning people is one thing, condemning the act they engage in is another. Nowhere in my post did I say homosexuals are condemned. I said clearly that homosexuality is condemned by the bible and those who engage in the act will not inherit Gods kingdom. I stated the obvious based on the bible.

That doesn't mean people who practice it are condemned only IF THEY CHANGE!!!

I never stated that I hated a homosexual as well as any other act there. The Leviticus quote was God's law to the Israelites as to the judgement to be meted out to those who practiced homosexuality. Jesus took away the burden of that law and practiced tolerance; even eating and dining with sinners, tax collectors etc.

Now check out the said Bishops quote

The Church needs to come to them not with condemnation, but with dialogue. We cannot cancel out a person’s richness just because of his or her intimate preference. That is sick, that is heartless, that is lacking common sense.

El País notes that in the past, Vera’s advocacy for oppressed people, including gay people and the poor, had gotten him into trouble with the church’s hierarchy.

As much as Jesus tolerated sinners he clearly informed them to desist from their acts but the clergyman above is outright baptising their child as a sign of encouragement.

Pls my bro be more logical and reasonable and less passionate/dumb before commenting.

And the same Bible you quote happily also tells you that the sins of the Father are not visited on the son (Deut 24:16)

Yet here you are, complaining and whining piteously that an innocent baby was baptised because the parents are sinners. An Innocent Baby!

You are no Christian, you wicked fiend. There is no love, no Holy Spirit in you, else you would not join forces with the devil to spew doctrines of hate.

Considering the fact that your claim that 'I do not condemn homosexuals, I condemn homosexuality' is pretty much what the good Bishop is saying, I will assume you have severe difficulties comprehending written English. Please re-read the OP again and have the grace to apologize for wasting my time.

PS: I still cannot get over the fact that you wanted the Bishop to deny baptism to a little baby. You're not a good person at all.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by EbuGeneral(m): 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
publicenemy: The bishop reads his Bible upside down abi?

when last did u read ur bible? Why don't we also hate fornicators?
Whether fornication or Homosexuality, sin is sin.. Condemn the sin and and convince the sinner.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by noskybanj(m): 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
Some people sef. D Man gave a clear msg. D act in itself is bad, bt don't condemn people. Dats just wat he is saying. Its a clear msg. Y condemn somebody u should save n lead 2 d path of right

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by iamjane(f): 5:32pm On Jul 16, 2014
adedayourt:

Christ, I know to be the Judge of all, denomination inclusive

Who or what gave you the Power to cast such misplaced words on The Anglican communion I don't kno

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by publicenemy(m): 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2014
EbuGeneral:

when last did u read ur bible? Why don't we also hate fornicators?
Whether fornication or Homosexuality, sin is sin.. Condemn the sin and and convince the sinner.

Bros abeg read the story or thread or topic again and deduce what its about. Please.

And try checking up the meaning of "homophobe" in a dictionary before you attack anyone.
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by searay(m): 5:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
bidexolumanish: oloshi
Whatever this means, you don sign your death warrant. Lols
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by iamjane(f): 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
FrancisTony:

WOW! Silly deduction.

Those one is a threat to your life you know? undecided

Why am I even typing

WOW! Roof deduction! What a SAGE!!! See beyond the ROof?
There's a threat to life as there's a threat to existence.
Don't achieve greatness by downgrading another.
BTW

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by mizjules(f): 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
elampiro:

Well said. I guess you are a Catholic?
Yes I am
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
Why anyone can dedicate his/her time to hating gay people is beyond me. We have some that go all over Nairaland, looking out for gay people they'll bash.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by lanaVello1(m): 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
Atmmachine: They are really sick.. why would someone fork holes full of shits with his dicckk shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
why would someone concern himself with another's activities in the closet?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
dinachi: This can only come from a Bishop of Satan! This is a man who baptised the daughter of a Lesbian couple. He is a strong advocate of homosexuality, he is just bidding his time. When the worlds first homosexual Pope Francis (current pope) comes out of the closet, this Bishop of satan will follow suit. The homosexual lobby has succeeded in frightening governments and even the Roman Catholic Church to submission. The American government is being manipulated by homosexuals. How come the same bishop cannot preach this same message about pedophilic priests in his church? He is the hypocrite!

LOL.

I love it when you guys rant about a particular religious leader being of Satan. hehe.

As if you know what your own Bishop/Pastor is doing behind closed doors.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by lanaVello1(m): 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2014
freshdude2: The world is civilising. Homozex has been accepted and legalised. Next on the list is iincest and pedophilia. Rejoice for progress.
homosexuality is being legalized coz it most probably dpesnt affect you in any way,i'm not sure incest is a crime anywhere as it is not a justifiable offence. But paedophilia is another bal entirely,that encroaches on the rights of innocent kids so stop being sarcastic unnecessarily!
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by lanaVello1(m): 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
beryl04:

where in your country is that legal?
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
lanaVello1: where in your country is that legal?

So marrying of under-aged girls is illegal in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by lanaVello1(m): 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
masonkz:

So marrying of under-aged girls is illegal in Nigeria?
i think the position of the law is silent regarding that
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2014
lanaVello1: i think the position of the law is silent regarding that

To the young girl whose innocence may have been taken away, nope it is not only silence, but outright denial of her right to marry whom she wants to.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by GSKing: 6:55pm On Jul 16, 2014
Why most nairalanders think everyone should be judged according to the christian doctrine is beyond my imagination.

Let's stop infusing religion(christianity/paganism/islam precisely)into our every single post, it pisses some people off, not everyone worships God.

Rational elucidation please. Thank you all.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by lanaVello1(m): 7:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
masonkz:

To the young girl whose innocence may have been taken away, nope it is not only silence, but outright denial of her right to marry whom she wants to.
thats most prolly due to d ;arents' greed,anyways pple are advocating for anti-pedophile laws
Re: Catholic Bishop Calls Homophobes 'sick' by MrT2011(m): 1:05am On Jul 17, 2014
lordmayor4: AND OTHER BISHOPS ARE TURNING TO HIM FOR GUIDANCE, MEANING THEY ARE GAYS? undecided embarassed iDunno.....

Shot up! - Corrupt & evil minded soul.

...meaning guidance to how to govern their own Arch Diocese.

Monkey take banana.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? / TB Joshua: SCOAN Worshippers Celebrate Founder’s First Memorial, Legacies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.