Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics (46771 Views)

What's Your Pick?? Team Marvel Comics Or Team DC Comics. / Marvel Cinematic Universe / Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by georgesylva(m): 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
In news that will probably baffle comic book fans and normal people alike, it was revealed that Thor (yes, the Mighty Thor) is no longer worthy of his title and will be replaced by a woman in an upcoming comic storyline.

Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics.

Before:[img]http://thenypost.files./2014/07/thor1.jpg[/img]

After:

But don't call her a goddess.

Here’s Why a Female Thor Makes Total Sense
From now on, the comic book character Thor will no longer be represented as a man in Marvel comics. ABC’s The View announced Tuesday that future stories will feature the god— not goddess — of thunder as a woman.
“This is not She-Thor,” senior writer Jason Aaron said in a Marvel release. “This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is THOR. This is the THOR of the Marvel Universe. But it’s unlike any Thor we’ve ever seen before.”

According to an impressively comic jargon-filled tweet, the female depiction will still wield Thor’s weapon of choice:
.@ Marvelannounces that Thor is no longer worthy of Mjolnir, and now a woman will be wielding the mighty Uru Hammer!

Thor’s character was introduced in 1962.
According to a release by Marvel:
“The inscription on Thor’s hammer reads ‘Whosoever holds this hammer, if HE be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.’ Well it’s time to update that inscription,” Marvel editor Wil Moss said in a release. “The new Thor continues Marvel’s proud tradition of strong female characters like Captain Marvel, Storm, Black Widow and more. And this new Thor isn’t a temporary female substitute – she’s now the one and only Thor, and she is worthy!”

Marvel said this would be its 8th title to star a female character.

[img]http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:public.articles.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/tumblr_mfpf2lyPKQ1qg8ggio1_500.png?width=480&quality=0.85[/img]isn't she hot? grin

4 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Guykhena(m): 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
If this is implemented,then Marvel has officially fvcked up the Thor character...
I mean wtf

**Edited***
This doesn't mean the Known "Thor" is being transformed to a woman,it is just stated that Thor is no longer worthy to hold the Mjolnir Hammer,and "She-Thor" becomes the new Hammer holder.
Remember what is inscripted on the Hammer,"Whosoever holds this hammer,if HE be worthy shall possess the Power of Thor", in real sense She's the new worthy one(rumours say she is the half elder sister of Thor and Loki). Well we'll just have to wait for the comic to be released,and get what's about smiley to clear our minds,Phew,,that was close..

29 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by georgesylva(m): 11:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
I am so pissed angry. The male makes more sense.
OMG! I made FP!
I want 2 1st of all give a big shout out 2 God almighty. Lol, it is not an easy somethings. 2ndly mr seun 4 allowing dis story make FP, it is my 1st in the few i have posted but there would be more. Lastly all of una jare 4 viewing n commenting.
*dancing shoki on the top of my roof*

17 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Djicemob: 12:03am On Jul 16, 2014
Gotta be kiddin me mehn!!! Am done with this thor sh#t if this goes thru.

5 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by IAmBhijay(m): 12:17am On Jul 16, 2014
WTF?!. Definitely not a good idea!.

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by RayMcBlue(m): 5:17am On Jul 16, 2014
Loved the Idea. They should also make Hulk bluish while they are at it. grin

DC Universe all the way.

4 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Guykhena(m): 7:22am On Jul 16, 2014
RayMcBlue: Loved the Idea. They should also make Hulk bluish while they are at it. grin

DC universe all the way .
Ya right,we know DC works with Transgender superheroes, check out their star hero(supes) who wears red panties ,batman black panties,Green lantern leggings,so its not new to them

7 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by RayMcBlue(m): 9:00am On Jul 16, 2014
Guykhena:
Ya right,we know DC works with Transgender superheroes, check out their star hero(supes) who wears red panties ,batman black panties,Green lantern leggings,so its not new to them

Who would have guessed that the mighty Thor is nothing but a Tran (A female with a dîck) all these years?

Startling. shocked

Thanks for finally coming out of the closet Thor, that's truly inspiring. Hulk and the rest of Marvel's Freak show can now draw inspiration from that bold move and reveal their true colors (pun intended) to the world. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by prof800(m): 9:43am On Jul 16, 2014
WTH?
Is Marvel going nuts? ?

This is a conspiracy!

DC Conspiracy and I don't want to believe it unless Mynd44 sad is somehow involved with the conspiracy theory.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by UjSizzle(f): 9:49am On Jul 16, 2014
Oh screw Marvel! What the hell is "strong female character"? Like women weren't strong before? undecided
There's a reason the Buffy character will always be an all time favorite for me.

Let them just leave our male Thor. I kinda like Chris Hemsworth playing that character, and he is sexy as sin cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Mynd44: 9:52am On Jul 16, 2014
No be Marvel?
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Kezifils(m): 11:57am On Jul 16, 2014
Who came up with this ridiculous idea? Thor can and will never be a woman.

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by JEITO: 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
I wonder how you can change the gender of an already established character.
Well, maybe this is just a move to gain a market among the Feminists.

5 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by RayMcBlue(m): 5:49pm On Jul 16, 2014

This is what Thor would look like in future Marvel movies. grin grin

Kinda hot...

6 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Guykhena(m): 7:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
RayMcBlue:

This is what Thor would look like in future Marvel movies. grin grin

Kinda hot...
Looking hot..
More than you can say for the below DC Whor.e(wonder woman)
lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by RayMcBlue(m): 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
Guykhena:
Looking hot..
More than you can say for the below DC Whor.e(wonder woman)
lipsrsealed

Lolz. Nah, that's just a Marvel Comics fan playing dress-up at Comic-con.

The real Wonder Woman.

Somebody call 911 cuz this Lady is SO BLAZING HOT she might ignite the atmosphere.

10 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by RayMcBlue(m): 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
Next on the agenda: Blue Hulk.

Marvel Comics: what a Joke. tongue
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by RayMcBlue(m): 8:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
No Marvel comics creation is as prominent in popular culture as the man of steel: Superman, the genius vigilante: Batman, the lightening: Flash Gordon, hawk eyed Green Arrow, the talented Green Lantern and the irrepressible Wonder Woman.

Do you know that Batman is so popular and iconic that a town in Turkey was named after him. #Respect

6 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by georgesylva(m): 9:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
Blue halk, female Thor. These guys have lost it 4 real. Bt she hot sha shocked shocked shocked
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Csami(m): 9:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
My favorite marvel character will soon become a woman, GREAT!
While they will be working on blue hulk and that character no one seems to relate to. I mean, no one favorite hero(captain america), then this will be the new face of iron man.

4 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by RayMcBlue(m): 9:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
Double post.

2 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by georgesylva(m): 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2014
Csami: My favorite marvel character will soon become a woman, GREAT!
While they will be working on blue hulk and that character no one seems to relate to. I mean, no one favorite hero(captain america), then this will be the new face of iron man.
Guy wetin happen na? Lol

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by RayMcBlue(m): 9:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
Think it's only Thor that will be remodelled as a female? Wrong. Iron man will be undergoing a sex change as well.

Iron Maiden will be the new name.

4 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by RayMcBlue(m): 9:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
[img]http://3.bp..com/-yStzihm5b6k/ThJD2PSewxI/AAAAAAAABD8/y2Nvby7CmaA/s640/comi22.gif[/img]

The next Captain America. Marvel, you have my support on this future projects. The Sky is the limit now. wink

6 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by prof800(m): 11:58am On Jul 19, 2014
RayMcBlue: [img]http://3.bp..com/-yStzihm5b6k/ThJD2PSewxI/AAAAAAAABD8/y2Nvby7CmaA/s640/comi22.gif[/img]

The next Captain America. Marvel, you have my support on this future projects. The Sky is the limit now. wink
WARNING! grin
D.C guys please steer clear oooo...
lwkmd!!! grin
wicked!

btw, you're wrong because our new 'Captain America' is gonna be a BLACK dude;

...not that ridiculous fat puppy you posted just to mock Marvel and fans.
tongue

3 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by philfearon(m): 12:20pm On Jul 19, 2014
They said The former Thor made a Colossal mistake and so is now unworthy to wield the Mjolnir,...
You can't be Thor if u can't wield what makes you Thor!!
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by drnairalov: 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
d sales wud be low now ..trust me
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
A female Thor was introduced by Marvel sometime this week now.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
What happened to the famous adage "if something is working,don't change it... ' this folks must be high on kunu.

3 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ichidodo: 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
That is very comical, so Thor son of Odin is now a woman?? Will be expectin Jesus Christ son of God to change sex very soon...

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by RayMcBlue(m): 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
prof800:
WARNING! grin
D.C guys please steer clear oooo...
lwkmd!!! grin
wicked!

btw, you're wrong because our new 'Captain America' is gonna be a BLACK dude;

...not that ridiculous fat puppy you posted just to mock Marvel and fans.
tongue

Different Ship same difference. At the end of the day, Captain Ridiculous is still getting remodelled. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Anthony0094(m): 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2014

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet Tayo, Nigeria's Second House Mate In Big Brother Hotshot. / Kaisha & Lucy Fight At The Big Brother Reunion Show / Full List Of Winners At #AMVCA2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.