Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,481 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics (46749 Views)

What's Your Pick?? Team Marvel Comics Or Team DC Comics. / Marvel Cinematic Universe / Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ichidodo: 3:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
vislabraye:

It's a comic, what do you expect ? grin.
Yeah, i guess so...
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by CodeHouse: 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
No more Thor Now whor.e undecided
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by nannyo(f): 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
Thor is now a woman As for me,t I have mixed feelings abt this. But I would have prefrered they acted it that when Odin-all father, threw the hammer, Thor was no longer worthy, then a woman raised d hammer n became thor. Makes more sense

2 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Oahray: 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
runzlord:
is there something im missing?
the power of thor is not in the man its in the hammer. and anybody as in ANYBODY worthy enough to lift it automatically becomes thor. it does not matter if its a female or male. the only mistake mavel made is they would had made it a story. sort of thor died and his daughter took over. Instead of the sudden change. so it really does not matter that thor is now a female
dude do yourself a favour and read up Norse mythology so you can update your knowledge. Thor doesn't begin and end with marvel comics. It's like movie producers making Achilles female.

Start by searching the "meaning of Thursday"

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Godfullsam(m): 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
Na him sabi lipsrsealed
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by TopsyKrete: 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
Wait o, has Masashi Kishimoto taken up job with the Marvel comics?

Female Thor and Kagura of Shippudeen look alike

...cant supply u wit d pishurs

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by idris4eva(m): 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
ichidodo: That is very comical, so Thor son of Odin is now a woman?? Will be expectin Jesus Christ son of God to change sex very soon...
ur stupdity has raise to power 2..Ode grin
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Bawss1(m): 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2014
DAvIt0: Disney | Marvel TeamUp pushed this movement

This has nothing to do with Disney.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by UyiIredia(m): 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2014
I see that liberals are really stepping up on achieving their desires to rid the world of conservatives. First openly gay and atheist characters in their comics and now the feminists have PROBABLY gotten to 'em.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by ichidodo: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2014
idris4eva: ur stupdity has raise to power 2..Ode grin
What concept of the phrase "jump and pass" do you not understand....Mr Dumb motherfuccker?!...
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Bawss1(m): 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
Oahray: dude do yourself a favour and read up Norse mythology so you can update your knowledge. Thor doesn't begin and end with marvel comics. It's like movie producers making Achilles female.

Start by searching the "meaning of Thursday"

The public's interest here is on Thor the marvel character not the Norse mythology. Marvel can do whatever they wish with their characters, they need not adhere to the mythological storyline.

2 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Izunwa(m): 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
Like seriously, Seun don't tell me you allow children that still read comic books to register on Nairaland . No no no!!! This is unacceptable. Some are even cryin dey swear dem no go read marvels comic novel again becos of THORITA I give up cheesy
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Bawss1(m): 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2014
mfm04622:

You still read comics?

Nobody should be ashamed of reading comics. It is a respectable pastime like watching movies or reading books. Besides it is one of the best ways to put tablet computers to good use. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2014
whosoever holds this hammer, if HE be worthy (HE ohh!!), should posses the power of Thor....

even Lord Odin doesn't give consent to this mistake.. anyway, na dem get their thing.them no go con force me read or watch am na.

3 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by UjSizzle(f): 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2014
Oahray: well that's not the reason the idea is silly. Thor is not original to Marvel comics. They built their character around the Thor son of Odin, of Norse mythology. Making him female now just to patronise the feminists, is just silly.

The other day, some movie producers tried to portray Jesus as homo, we know the reaction from all who heard it (myself included). Well Thor is a religious figure for some people too.
So let the Norsk fight their own battles undecided
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by firestar(f): 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2014
Comical.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Oahray: 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2014
Bawss1:

The public's interest here is on Thor the marvel character not the Norse mythology. Marvel can do whatever they wish with their characters, they need not adhere to the mythological storyline.
Thor the marvel character exists because there is a mythological Thor. If you are going to be original, be original. But if you are going to adapt a storyline, stay true to the basic building blocks.

Comic is a flowing line, the characters' present has to proceed from the past. Characters are even treated like real people. When you make sudden senseless changes, you lose that effect on your fans.

What of the past marvel comics on a male Thor and his Asgard people? They need not adhere to that too?

1 Like

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2014
UjSizzle: Oh fvck you all jare angry Why can't powerful Thor be a woman? ! angry

because women cannot lift the hammer!
I'll forward ur case to Odin- all father though
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
weired.... "Female with a large sledge hammer.''
just like an hulk with a spoon.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by UjSizzle(f): 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
Rajan04:

because women cannot lift the hammer!
I'll forward ur case to Odin- all father though
undecided Seriously go away so people who have something really worthwhile to say can comment.

3 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by UyiIredia(m): 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
amnestylaw1: Wetin consain me, as far as dem no tosh Sango Olukoso, no problem.
Shey. We , Africans also knew a god of thunder before the whites came.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by moneyallowed(m): 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
it'll be funny referring to a woman as "Thor Odinson".
That aside tho, I don't see what all the fuss is about. Marvel are obviously exploring how to make the best use of their comic properties; they're also making Captain America black - Sam Wilson "Falcon" takes the mantle. Whether or not this move backfires I don't see it doing any lasting damage. Thor'll definitely be back with balls by 2018 @ least.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by amnestylaw1(m): 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
UyiIredia: Shey. We , Africans also knew a god of thunder before the whites came.

Na so o my broda. Me I believe say na for our side oyinbo dey do copy copy.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Oahray: 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2014
UjSizzle:
So let the Norsk fight their own battles undecided
ok o. I hope no one cries foul when someone someday tries to be creative with traditional/historical Nigerian stories, or world mainstream religious stuff.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Bawss1(m): 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
Oahray: Thor the marvel character exists because there is a mythological Thor. If you are going to be original, be original. But if you are going to adapt a storyline, stay true to the basic building blocks.

Comic is a flowing line, the characters' present has to proceed from the past. Characters are even treated like real people. When you make sudden senseless changes, you lose that effect on your fans.

What of the past marvel comics on a male Thor and his Asgard people? They need not adhere with that too?

Yup, the writers are under no compulsion to depict their characters in accordance with the myths. Besides this change is understandable given the context (as revealed so far). Thor is said to have committed a grave mistake and deemed unworthy of weilding Mjolnir. The woman who takes over does so because she is worthy of the hammer... Thor the son of Odin still exists but he is without Mjolnir.

Personally I'm not thrilled with this change but thats for totally different reasons than expressed on this thread. I believe that all portrayals of the female sex, even in the arts, should be in line with their delicateness. A woman weilding a hammer as a weapon... undecided But that's a discussion for another day.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by oshokay(m): 4:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
Bullshit srew marvel......and they wonder why I like dc characters
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Bawss1(m): 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
Seems people aren't bothered much with Steve Rogers giving up the Captain America mantle - or should I say shield - to his ally Sam Wilson AKA the Falcon.
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by moneyallowed(m): 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
Csami: My favorite marvel character will soon become a woman, GREAT!
While they will be working on blue hulk and that character no one seems to relate to. I mean, no one favorite hero(captain america), then this will be the new face of iron man.
no one seems to relate to Hulk?? nigga puhleese! check out Planet Hulk sometime.....there's Red, blue etc & the fans sezly love it. The campaign for the next Hulk movie to be a Planet Hulk movie gained so much ground until Ruffalo pissed on the idea ( such a douche)
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by kevoh(m): 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
Thor actually had a daughter called Toruun who continued his Legacy. The older Avengers except Iron man and Hulk were actually killed by a super villain called Ultron. It was after this that the children of these Avengers , including Toruun, were being raised and mentored in secret on an Island by Tony Stark (Iron Man).

So the depiction of a female wielding that hammer is not far fetched.

2 Likes

Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
YahuZa!!!!! Cute and deadly!!!
georgesylva: In news that will probably baffle comic book fans and normal people alike, it was revealed that Thor (yes, the Mighty Thor) is no longer worthy of his title and will be replaced by a woman in an upcoming comic storyline.

Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics.

isn't she hot? grin
The h*ll she is! cheesy

YeaYeaNot
Re: Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics by moneyallowed(m): 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
Oahray: Thor the marvel character exists because there is a mythological Thor. If you are going to be original, be original. But if you are going to adapt a storyline, stay true to the basic building blocks.

What of the past marvel comics on a male Thor and his Asgard people? They need not adhere to that too?
You nailed it mate; that's the condition. no matter how they wanna spin it, it HAS to make sense. Guess we'll see just how creative that "creative team" really is.
jeez I forgot.....Wolverine is dying too....so much to look forward to in comics this year!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet Tayo, Nigeria's Second House Mate In Big Brother Hotshot. / BBNaija: Ozo Hugs His Mum; Reunites With His Family After Eviction (Video) / Kaisha & Lucy Fight At The Big Brother Reunion Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.