Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? (29225 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Norajones(f): 11:17am On Jul 20, 2014
Is lyk askin peter okoye to choose btw his wife n broda jude,,he shudn't b askin dis question if he loves his wife,,bt den again women r different,,bt if u knw her both in hrt den give it to her,,set up ur broda frm der,,cos God 4bid tomao sometin happens to u n she bcomes a widow,,will ur broda helpdose r d kinda questions u shud ask yaself,,,u r stuck between d devil n d deep blue sea...pray,,or bera still find some1 else n strike a deal.to avoid,,he loves her more dan me or u love him more dan me
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Norajones(f): 11:17am On Jul 20, 2014
Is lyk askin peter okoye to choose btw his wife n broda jude,,he shudn't b askin dis question if he loves his wife,,bt den again women r different,,bt if u knw her both in hrt den give it to her,,set up ur broda frm der,,cos God 4bid tomao sometin happens to u n she bcomes a widow,,will ur broda helpdose r d kinda questions u shud ask yaself,,,u r stuck between d devil n d deep blue sea...pray,,or bera still find some1 else n strike a deal.to avoid,,he loves her more dan me or u love him more dan me...d lord is ur strenght broda..

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by persius555(m): 11:18am On Jul 20, 2014
Op, take the brother. The is brother is his blood and would eternally be grateful to him. Secondly, he is male his chances of climbing the ladder in the organisation in little time is higher than the wife's. Your brother could in the nearest future help her get a job within the organisation or elsewhere, just like you a male has been able to help out.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by bigfrancis21: 11:19am On Jul 20, 2014
koastar: Good day all, pls I need your advice on this issue.

A friend asked me this and I don't know what to tell him. According to him he was asked to present someone that read chemical engineering in an oil company by a close friend of his who works there.

My friend is an accountant and presently earns 60k per month where he works. He has a wife who is not working and a kid.

His wife is a chemical engineer by training and his only brother is also unemployed who read chemical engineering as well. His brother has been living with them for 2yrs now after his NYSC without job. My friend and his brother lost their parents while they were still very young and they are the only children of their parents.

My friend is now confused who to present to his friend for the job, his wife or brother. Your advice pls.

The salary for the oil job is 600k per month excluding allowances.

He should present his brother. They've been through thick and thin together, surviving the odds ever since their parents died. Also, your friend is working already, thus coveing his wife but his brother isn't and a man needs a stable job in order to be able to take care of responsibilities. Depending on how close they are, both brothers could go on to establish a successful money-generating business tomorrow for the extended family.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by dabayomi(m): 11:19am On Jul 20, 2014
Lemmi break a leg if I dont pick the mother of my children... we will settle my brother later

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by siegfried99(m): 11:24am On Jul 20, 2014
His brother should be the only option here, if he is truly qualified..

The woman might not be able to perform her duties as a mother n wife anymore due to the demands of the job.

"We must weigh the advantages and disadvantages of both"

@op what i'll suggest he does his to have an agreement with his bro on the percentage of the salary for a period of time that will be used to establish his wife in any business of her choice.

# though she must know about the deal (as they are married), he can just tell her the job requires a Male.
Else she go para cheesy
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by chrisley024(m): 11:24am On Jul 20, 2014
He should present me, I read CHE.

Don't believe the story though.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 20, 2014
_______
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by passionate88: 11:25am On Jul 20, 2014
Dominiquez: Let him give it to his wife. And agree with the wife that they will use part of her salary to set-up his brother in a business.
Hahahaha.... No b Naija woman?.. She no go gree laye
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by eamodu(m): 11:25am On Jul 20, 2014
koastar: Good day all, pls I need your advice on this issue.

A friend asked me this and I don't know what to tell him. According to him he was asked to present someone that read chemical engineering in an oil company by a close friend of his who works there.

My friend is an accountant and presently earns 60k per month where he works. He has a wife who is not working and a kid.

His wife is a chemical engineer by training and his only brother is also unemployed who read chemical engineering as well. His brother has been living with them for 2yrs now after his NYSC without job. My friend and his brother lost their parents while they were still very young and they are the only children of their parents.

My friend is now confused who to present to his friend for the job, his wife or brother. Your advice pls.

The salary for the oil job is 600k per month excluding allowances.

the wife pls,after ur friend most have told both of them his decision.then afterwards when the wife salary starts comin in,part of it should be used 2 establish the brother in business n a place of his untill he is stable.if he is responsible he will pick up n eventually get a job if he so desires.all the best.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 20, 2014
Tallesty1: His Brother

can tell the unmarried folks with responses like this...when you get Married,your responsiblity is to your immediate family (wife and kids) while your extended family(bro,sis,mom,etc)come second

But based on wat the OP is about,get your brother the Job...if you want to live long and not be harassed for ever
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by OCTAVO: 11:28am On Jul 20, 2014
chuxyz: The brother needs the job more than the woman. The woman is settled(with her family) but the guy needs that job to start life. If the brother misses that opportunity, he might never meet another in future. But if the lady misses it, she is married already. I'm a man and i know what it is to stay under someone's roof, feeding and depending for money. How long will that last? If i ask you, will you date a guy who is living under someone's roof, feeding and collecting pocket money. Haba, person dey pass something na. The wife has achieved all she needs to achieve - she's married! The brother is a man, he needs start his own life. Use your church mind judge am my dear. Today na sunday o
I like your sound and mature analysis! Most people don't know what it feels like to live under someone. The brother needs the job most, he needs to start his own life too. For how long will he continue to depend on his elder brother? He needs the job.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by passionate88: 11:29am On Jul 20, 2014
Jman06: @Op, please and please tell your friend to recommend his BROTHER for the job. That's d wisest decision to make in this case. His wife might get the job and use her money only for her parental home while expecting her hobby to still be 'breadwinner' of the house regardless of who earns more (like we 've read many women say here on this forum), but his brother will never forget him and his family when d chips are down, considering that they have been through thick and thin together. A word is enough for the wise.
Thank you my brother man... The way our girls think money now is frightening... Not all women will want to climb their husband's head when/if they earn higher than him but most will.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 20, 2014
______
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by passionate88: 11:31am On Jul 20, 2014
andromida: I don't know the kind of marriages that are happening these days, presently the man is earning 60k if he presents his wife they will have 660k monthly. He'd rather the wife remains jobless and they live a hard life than have more. Same way the wife can change is the same way the brother can change.

How do you marry a woman you cannot trust or have her back.

Moxt modern day marriages are built on deceptions. There was a story I read here on NL where a female poster was castigating a man cause he gave testimony in Church that his wife is the bread winner in the family.. Now suppose that girl is the wife to the man that was given such an option and he choosed his wife over his brother... That man will be rendered useless by his wife..

1 Like

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Suarezilla(m): 11:34am On Jul 20, 2014
There is no choice here..choose ur brother and see that as a settlement for him.As for ur wife,he'd better not even discuss it with her so she don't CONSTANTLY blame him for their state of living,but the wise choice is his brother
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by makzeze: 11:35am On Jul 20, 2014
His brother, Shikena!

Wife's occupation is housewife, even when she fills form thats what most of them put.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Shams218(m): 11:41am On Jul 20, 2014
Your brother.(99.9%)
Women got freaked with money easily. I bet u, if ur wife earned more dan u do, u ar abt losing ur authority as a man.
Only few women ar submissive wen dey earn more dan their hobby.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by chuxyz(m): 11:43am On Jul 20, 2014
OCTAVO:
I like your sound and mature analysis! Most people don't know what it feels like to live under someone. The brother needs the job most, he needs to start his own life too. For how long will he continue to depend on his elder brother? He needs the job.
Thanks bro. That's just exactly the right thing to do. No second thought and no sentiment.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by mytym1: 11:45am On Jul 20, 2014
his brother
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 20, 2014
alutacontinua: He should explain to both of them and involve them in his decision making. cool

Not all objective approaches are the best.

My opinion is for him to choose whoever between them, But he should not let them know that he is involved.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Bwaal(m): 11:59am On Jul 20, 2014
afrobaby: You people will not kill me on nairaland, His brother my foot. What can 60k take care of, oh, I see, when the brother gets the job, he will give the salary to him abi? Abeg, make I hear word jare, whether the wife earns higher than you or not, if she wants to be rude, she will be, gbam.

A woman that has been taking care of his brother for 2 years, and now he wants to betray her. Lest I forget, a certain age will come when a woman especially with kids wll not be able to secure a trainee job again, abeg, let him pick his wife. I don't know what some people take marriages for. Marriage is worse when the funds in the home is too little, I wonder how they are even coping with 60k in the first place.

Oh, oh, oh, I trust my Michael, speedily without a thought, na him go even edit and submit my CV. Afterall,the money is still coming into his immediate Family. Afterall, eni ti o ni eru lo ni eru.

The brother na guy, opportunities will still come, at least he doesn't have a family to take care of now.
he he he buroda micheali ti je efo

anyway thatz nice
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
makzeze: His brother, Shikena!

Wife's occupation is housewife, even when she fills form thats what most of them put.

Chauvinist pig! angry

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by chynes(f): 12:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ok. Keep shouting choose his brother. I guess the 60k he is earning is enough to take care of his family and send his children to school. Pls tell me..which good kindergarten or primary school collects less than 150k per annum as fees? Rent, feeding, medical bills on that salary. And someone here is audaciously proclaiming that the wife, a chemical engineer by profession jas achieved her life dream cos she is married, to an accountant earning 60k! Smh

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
GEN 30:30

He earns 60k?? shocked When will he Provide for his Own Family.. Pls tell him to Empower his Wife.. It would ave been another advice if he was well paid.. his brother is not responsible for settling his Bills or training his Children..

Death is a Bit*h

Posterity (i.e his Children) will not forgive him if he fails to empower their mother..

God will provide a good job for his brother...

GEN 2:24

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Suresh08: 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
ur own blood should always come first.
after all they hv been managing 60k all this while
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by DECOtech(m): 12:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
He can provide for his wife till death but not his brother who definitely has to start his own life as a man. So he should pick his brother.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by Kweenliz007(f): 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
to me mhen the situation is seriously confusing! but if it is the way I and my brother grew up I don't think I will av to think twice b4 given it to him cos I know the unconditional love that binds us all,cos I know he will create an opportunity for her.... so to me is the brother
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by drnoel: 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
alutacontinua: He should explain to both of them and involve them in his decision making. cool

mistake, his wife will never let him 4get it. Women are vengeful.
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by NSNA: 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
Give it to brother, so he can be a man and find his own wife.

Take care of your wife and things will get right
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by ezyness: 12:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
His brother
Re: My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? by OlamideGirl(f): 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
*in psquare voice* which oda family do d guy av apart from the wife n kid.....he beta chose his wife....for two shall bkum one

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Find If A Child Is Yours Or Not Without A DNA Test / Man Chases His Wife Out For Allegedly Calling Him An Animal In Public (vid) / 92-Yr-Old Man Marries 22-Yr-Old Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.