Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,966 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible (62615 Views)

12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible / TB Joshua Officially Banned From Cameroun / Tb Joshua Banned In Cameroun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dragonking: 4. Fashionistas:

"I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes," - 1 Timothy 2:9

Women in Biblical times weren't really that different than modern women, but they were subjected to some really intense rules! The Bible basically banned them from wearing anything that might draw attention to themselves. The modern fashionista is now obsessed with the exact same things that were forbidden.

Please complete that statement. You only picked a fragment of it and have thus misapplied it.

What do women do today? Fix eyelash. Fix Brazilian hair, Breast Implant, Ass Implants, fix fake non prescription contact lenses, they even bleach their skin, paint all sorts of harmful poisons on their skin an lips, walk about half clad, Wear outrageously expensive clothing that does not even fit them well all in the name of an excessive compulsion to follow fashion. Does that make sense to you? If it does then I think you are lost.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by lomprico(m): 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
Mintayo:
The Bible doesn't need any re-editing, it is we humans that need to be regenerated. The Op is Ignorant athiest who needs to go back to Sunday school and Bible study class.
Why should he do dat? He is an atheist already!
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Babaji111(m): 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
mencade5: if these are true, then i see many christians most especially in nigeria going to hell fire.

Are you questioning? Either in the Bible or Qur'an, you MUST obey GOD laws or go to hell. No one will save you EXCEPT The Al-Mighty God. Believe it or not.....
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dragonking: 5. Gossip:

"Whoever slanders their neighbor in secret, I will put to silence; whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart, I will not tolerate." - Psalm 101:5

It's hard to watch TV or surf the Internet without running into some form of gossip. Whether it's the latest celebrity "news" or your friends ranting about something on Facebook, there's plenty of thing the Bible doesn't want you to talk about. Just try to talk to your friends on the phone without gossiping about someone else and you'll see how hard it is!

Again the Bible did NOT ban Gossip. What it spoke against was Slander. The definition of slander is saying things that are not true about someone else. I can talk about someone else freely without committing a sin, so long as I don't deliberately try to paint that person in a bad light or I dont say lies about that person.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dragonking: 6. Sex: shocked shocked shocked

"It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman." - 1 Corinthians 7:1

Basically the Bible doesn't want you to have sex unless you're married and it's for the purpose of making a baby. And it's not just sex, but anything even related to sex or even thinking naughty thoughts is against the rules. Good luck trying to follow them!

Well, people have followed the rules successfully. And hey, we don't have a Hitler for a god. We have an understanding God. We are imperfect. Even when we do it, and we are repentant and we show works befitting of repentance, we will be forgiven. Thanks to the death of Christ.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Babaji111(m): 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
All the commandments in our holy books are laws we must abide by....no play..play. If your mind is telling you otherwise, then you are following the footsteps of the devil. God show us mercy!
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by iamzeekie(m): 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
its rili weird wen som loafers postilate bull shit nd cooked up lies for peepz.SMH
its rili weird wen som loafers postilate bull shit nd cooked up lies for peepz.SMH
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by tochukwu75(m): 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
I disagree with the poster on Paragraphs 6,7 and 12.
The Bible in 1 cor 7:1 speaks about intimacy with women,verse 2 provided an alternative by saying that every man should have his own wife to prevent fornication. I believe verse 1 and 2 should be read together for better understanding.
On Paragraph 7 and 12, the Bible tells us in Acts 10:11-16, how Peter refused to eat because according to him they were unclean but the Lord told him (Peter) not to call what God created unclean. Acts 10:11-16 is supreme over Leviticus 11:7-8 and 10-11
The Book of Acts 10 :11-16 made it clear that nothing is unclean before the Lord. It is not to read the Bible is the problem but the understanding. Thanks
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dragonking: 7. Popcorn Shrimp:

"But all creatures in the seas or streams that do not have fins and scales—whether among all the swarming things or among all the other living creatures in the water—you are to regard as unclean. And since you are to regard them as unclean, you must not eat their meat; you must regard their carcasses as unclean." - Leviticus 11:10-11

Red Lobster and Joe's Crab Shack would never exist if we followed the rules of the bible. All shellfish are regarded as unclean animals, so that means no crab legs, lobster tails, or popcorn shrimp. It's pretty obvious why this rule has gone ignored.

**we shouldnt be eating crabs and lobsters then** wink

Whoever this guys is, you must be an antagonist.

Go back to the account of Noah immediately he stepped out of the ark and read God's pronouncements to Noah and his family, then come back with you myopic eyes and rewrite this one.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Sagamite(m): 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
nerodenero: The thing pain am cheesy grin grin.This is the part I say:I give up on you.Shalom!

That you are a person product of a failed education system go pain me? grin grin grin grin grin

Shey na me go suffer as you fail in life? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
krayzieklay: U are a rare gem.. People like u ( esp females) make me smile whenever I'm in a gloomy mood.. Keep it up.

Thanks a lot. smiley I really appreciate that.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Positiveminds(m): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
My brother, one way to sum up what you have well written is this: YOU DON'T KNOW THE BIBLE.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dragonking: 4. Fashionistas:

"I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes," - 1 Timothy 2:9

Women in Biblical times weren't really that different than modern women, but they were subjected to some really intense rules! The Bible basically banned them from wearing anything that might draw attention to themselves. The modern fashionista is now obsessed with the exact same things that were forbidden.
and u, did u really read the vs 10 of that, did u understand that at all before u posted that?
missberrypop5: 1) a lot of miracles prophecies in the bible has come to pass, only if u can live my life to see that but unfortunately u have yours to live.

Anecdotal evidence does not hold water, dear.
Give me empirical evidence of a Biblical prophecy that has come to pass.

2) Th phones and all electronics, the cars, and everything science manufactured all have faults too, so from what u stated that means scientist must be drunk too esp for making change the flex on my phone almost every 3 months
They have faults because man is not perfect, so he makes mistakes, also some companies do it purposely to make profit, but that's besides the point.
My point is: things manufactured through science has faults because man is imperfect.
All gods claim to be perfect, but
There are faults in nature, does that mean your god is imperfect?
Or does it mean that he/she lied?
Which is it? Is god not omnipotent, or is he a liar?

3) As for our ancestors, who 1st had sex? Has science proven that too?

Man phucked woman, it's the way of life-- do you need a demonstration?

4) Supernatural powers ain't for wars.

Really? What's it for then-- masquerade parades? Stories?

We work by faith, and only by faith can we see God, if u are pure in heart.
Faith is the worst "proof" ever.
You can claim faith for anything.
Boko Haram kill people, and say they'll be given 72 virgins in "heaven" and they have faith, does it make it true?
So I can go around killing people and absolve myself because I have "faith"?

You didn't answer my question about the flood, it never happened, no one else has any records of it the ark was too small to contain ALL the species of animals, etc.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dragonking: 8. Cross-breeding:

"Keep my decrees. Do not mate different kinds of animals."
- Leviticus 19:19

Cross-breeding different species is extremely common these days, and it happens in nature all the time. The Bible prohibited mating different animals, but we'd never have dog breeds like the pitbull, or even the Liger ( bred btw Lion and tiger) etc!

On point
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Sagamite(m): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Janeify:

Mtcheeew

JEEEESUS!

JEEEESUS!

JEEEESUS!

Holy water, holy water, holy water, holy water, holy water, holy water ............

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Sagamite(m): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
mynahbeau:
U NEED HELP

You need a brain. grin

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Abanicwise(m): 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dragonking:

You should ask the big daddy above wink

Do not forget he slept with the permission of his creator and his wife also was not ignorant of the actevelopment......it was the creator design....he decides what he wills and think best.
Peace unto you.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dragonking: 9. Cheeseburgers:

"Do not cook a young goat in its mother’s milk." - Exodus 23:19

Okay, so the cheeseburger is not specifically banned by the bible, but the concept is basically the same. The Jews were instructed not to cook an animal in[b] its mother's[/b] milk, but we often eat cow meat covered in cheese... which comes from cows.

How do you prove that the cheese comes from the meat's mother? A cheese from Switzerland or Denmark, and a cow from a ranch in Texas. How do you prove that. Did it ever occur to you that the cheese could have come from the Cow whose meat is being used for the cheeseburger?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Timijo(m): 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
HARDUBUY:
So, i will make heaven eternaly if i only accept Jesus as my saviour & son of God and yet i furnicate, comit murder, disobey my parents, drink alcohol, smoke, steal or even engage in adultery etc? You must be joking.....
if Jesus is Ur saviour, then Who is GOD Almighty to u....Or are u a son of devil urself?
Meanwhile, it seems u haven't read Matt 19 vs 16...where jesus said himself that he is not "Good master" meaning he isn't perfect....so how is he ur saviour?....Secondly, u havent read where David was also called a begotten son of God in ur bible.
My own saviour is not Human being.
Don't get it wrong please. If Jesus dwells in you, you will not commit sin. In fact, you will hate sins like excreta. I advise you to read the scripture below for more understanding. 1John 3:5-9
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dragonking: 10. Tattoos:

"Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord."
- Leviticus 19:28

Over the past 20 years or so, tattoos have gone from an outcast art form to a nealy mainstream hobby. It seems like almost everyone has a tattoo these days, which is big problem according to the bible! God himself forbid putting permanent marks on your skin, which makes tattoos of Jesus' face hilariously ironic.

Tatoos on Jesus' face? undecided undecided Where the hell did you get that from? angry angry
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by WafiJoe(m): 4:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dragonking: 1. All-You-Can-Eat Buffets:

"Be not among drunkards or among gluttonous eaters of meat, for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and slumber will clothe them with rags." - Proverbs 23:20-21

The Bible forbids overeating, but now it's a lot harder to eat right compared to Biblical times. Restaurants offer huge portions of delicious food, and all-you-can-eat buffets are the worst offenders. You want to get your money's worth, so you're going to pile your plate high and come back for seconds and thirds.

one word; madness.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Sagamite(m): 4:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Abanicwise(m): 4:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dragonking:

You should ask the big daddy above wink

Do not forget he slept with the permission of his creator and his wife also was not ignorant of the actevelopment......it was the creator design....he decides what he wills and think best.
Peace unto you.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Sagamite(m): 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
abdulkayus:

That is y I said u will nt understand cos u just lie abt wat o wrote now.

No, tell me if Muhammed was not prolific at chopping heads off and did not tell Muslims that should be done.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dragonking: 11. Football/ soccer:

“Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings.” - Leviticus 23:3

God must love football, because most Premier league games and NFL games are played on Saturday and Sunday and he hasn't smote any players yet. According to the Bible, the Sabbath is supposed to be a day of rest and prayer, but most people know it as game day. In addition, american footballs were originally made out of pigskin, which is also banned.

**Hmm, that means the final World cup match between Germany and Argentina last Sunday shouldnt have held according to the bible** sad

That's Bullcrap.

What is the Sabbath? And on what day does it fall?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Sagamite(m): 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

Right now, hell doesn't care what you believe. The clock of life is ticking.

YE! YE! YE!

E GBA MI O!

SOMEONE SAVE MY SOUL O!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fiiiiiiiire!

Fiiiiiiiire!

Holy fiiiiiiiiire! grin
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Abanicwise(m): 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
Emma8043: Wahalla dey o na to go back to Adam and Eve era be that o...

And what is wrong wt dat?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sagamite:

YE! YE! YE!

E GBA MI O!

SOMEONE SAVE MY SOUL O!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Fiiiiiiiire!

Fiiiiiiiire!

Holy fiiiiiiiiire! grin

Amen. Salvation is my prayer for you too, dear. You have less time now than you did when I posted that comment...
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by victorazy(m): 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sagamite:

Congrats for ....?

As angent of darkness ur surviving this heavy war from christians against u guys and ur master satan, I mean, is a big congrat. grin
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Sagamite(m): 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
Olaone1:

Kai, saga. Dat na uppercut for Adulkayus ooo. grin grin

He was feeling funky about his islam.

He thought he had found a tag team partner to join him in his religious bigotry while his own religion is even worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo1SpQQuPyI
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Sagamite(m): 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

Amen. Salvation is my prayer for you too, dear. You have less time now than you did when I posted that comment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOgT9Ifw6Io

grin grin grin grin grin

I am terrified of your psychotic, mistake-making God!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality / Lady Without Legs Backs Her Baby, Leads A Praise Session For God. Pics Go Viral / Why You Should Be Very Careful Of Sex And Women At This Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.