Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible (62584 Views)

12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible / TB Joshua Officially Banned From Cameroun / Tb Joshua Banned In Cameroun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by emsheddy(m): 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
Sagamite:

A person cannot defend the moronic junk he believes and bases his life on.
why do i have to waste my time on things dat will never make sense to u? U have the freedom to call it what u like. Grace speaks!

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Dragonking: 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
cheiwura:

Who told you Sunday is the Seventh day of the week. I guess you are a learner.......Recite Days of the week in its order.....

Stop being fo0lish. Whether the sabath is on Saturday or sunday the fact remains that football is still being played at both days. angry

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Dragonking: 7:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
princefunmi:

That's Bullcrap.

What is the Sabbath? And on what day does it fall?

Let me ask you the question. What day is exactly sabbath day? Saturday or sunday?

For your information whether the sabath is on Saturday or sunday is irrelevant as the fact remains that football is still being played at both days. So this aint bullcrap
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Dragonking: 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
princefunmi:

Tatoos on Jesus' face? undecided undecided Where the hell did you get that from? angry angry

If you take your time to read statements properly without attaching religious fanatism you would have found out that this is what was stated "which makes tattoos of Jesus' face hilariously ironic."

I didnt say tatoos on jesus face rather i said OF and you will see the pix of the guy with jesus tatoo.. what on earth is exactly wrong with you guys.. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Ephemmm: 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
abdulkayus:

Idiotic blind man like u. Wat bring d issue of muslim here or abt theor fastin? Is it wat d topic is all about? Or is it a muslim that open d thread to caatigaye u ppl? Y always likin to lookin for trouble? Or is it that u hav been caught in ur web that u are nw tryin to distract d attention?
Guy, u hav fail if that is ur aim. If u hav any point to counter d OP, do so bt dont bring muslim issue here.
Blind man.

Chai! This guy's revelation really pain you ooooooo: The truth is always bitter.....
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
koastar:
If tithe is used for church development why are they collecting church development fund again? Double taxation abi undecided
So Where do you think all the tithe money go to...

They'll tie it to a pole and push it through the sky into heaven abi undecided

I rest my case.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by qstar(m): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
herald9:
So Where do you think all the tithe money go to...

They'll tie it to a pole and push it through the sky into heaven abi undecided

I raise my case.

Where is Heaven?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 7:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
qstar:

Where is Heaven?
You again?grin
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by qstar(m): 7:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
herald9:
You again?grin

Lol.
Heaven, angels, demons, devils, talking donkeys, etc are all fables.

Embrace reality. The creator has given us a brain in this sojourn of ours, let it guide you.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 7:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
qstar:

Lol.
Heaven, angels, demons, devils, talking dragons, etc are all fables.

Embrace reality. The creator has given us a brain in this sojourn of ours, let it guide you.
I know all this sir...
But when arguing with a christian you have to actlike one wink
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by qstar(m): 7:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
herald9:
I know all this sir...

okey-dokey
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 7:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
qstar:

okey-dokey
Now you'll stop haunting megrin
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by qstar(m): 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
^^^

Ok.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
Dragonking: 4. Fashionistas:

"I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes," - 1 Timothy 2:9

Women in Biblical times weren't really that different than modern women, but they were subjected to some really intense rules! The Bible basically banned them from wearing anything that might draw attention to themselves. The modern fashionista is now obsessed with the exact same things that were forbidden.
This is not exactly true. The isrealite women were into jewelries and all forms of adornment. Apostle paul was stressing on the need for them to concentrate more on building a modest, humble and sound character rather than on their beauty. Read the surrounding verses to fully understand that statement OP!

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
Dragonking: 7. Popcorn Shrimp:

"But all creatures in the seas or streams that do not have fins and scales—whether among all the swarming things or among all the other living creatures in the water—you are to regard as unclean. And since you are to regard them as unclean, you must not eat their meat; you must regard their carcasses as unclean." - Leviticus 11:10-11

Red Lobster and Joe's Crab Shack would never exist if we followed the rules of the bible. All shellfish are regarded as unclean animals, so that means no crab legs, lobster tails, or popcorn shrimp. It's pretty obvious why this rule has gone ignored.

**we shouldnt be eating crabs and lobsters then** wink
This law was given to the isrealites as part of the mosaic law. However, they are not binding on christians.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
Dragonking: 11. Football/ soccer:

“Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings.” - Leviticus 23:3

God must love football, because most Premier league games and NFL games are played on Saturday and Sunday and he hasn't smote any players yet. According to the Bible, the Sabbath is supposed to be a day of rest and prayer, but most people know it as game day. In addition, american footballs were originally made out of pigskin, which is also banned.

**Hmm, that means the final World cup match between Germany and Argentina last Sunday shouldnt have held according to the bible** sad
The sabbath is not binding on christians either. The sabbath was originally created for the isrealites who had just been released from the egyptians. That day was a day of rest and they were to keep it holy.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Dragonking: 9:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
koyyes: The sabbath is not binding on christians either. The sabbath was originally created for the isrealites who had just been released from the egyptians. That day was a day of rest and they were to keep it holy.

Hmmm. just the same way tithing was originally created for the isrealites but you christians and your criminal pastors still enforce it down peoples throat. Please say something else..all these we have heard before. undecided

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
paulhq: Let me counter them all ...

Before I continue , take note of this ,
- not every Christian believes God will burn you for living your life, if you do , you die , if you want eternal peace and happiness is your choice . The bible principles are meant to guide you towards peace and happiness on earth , and eternal life . If you don't want , your choice . Stop criticizing us.
... This for now is not our argument .

- the bible , original written in Hebrew , was inspired by God , and was accurate and not confusing . It was men who later translated it that made it confusing , so don't condemn the bible .

- in the old testament , there were no promises of heaven or so called hell . What was promised was " from dust you came , to dust you shall return". It was in the new testament that the promise of God's kingdom was declared . And note , the so called hell fire were only mentioned in parables , when using plain words , Jesus always said "perish" (but this is not our argument) .
My point is , the punishment for any law disobeyed in the old testament was listed (which didn't include "you'll perish" or "you'll go to hell"wink , and you don't expect someone to be stoned to death in the 21st century .

- in the old testament , the human mind was still young , so giving them advices and warnings (like Jesus did) would be pointless , since they wouldn't understand the consequences and reasons for it , like a young child . So direct laws with direct punishment was given , the fear of this laws was what brought about peace . Note , even though there were severe punishments , in how many cases were these punishments carried out? See , everybody obeyed ( except very few cases ) and there was peace .

And it wasn't only the Israelis that used these laws , was it? In ancient times , other cities also had their severe rules that brought peace , which were even more severe
E.g sacrificing of people to their gods . Or can you deny this? So why does your country not still follow these ancient rules? Judge yourself

- those fake pastors, fake believes , not everybody follow them , what they do is their business . They say their men of God , their christians . So must you believe them? E.g if say am an alien , you'll say "lie , you look so human" , and I'll say "yap , that's how alien looks like", then you believe me , and you go about judging all aliens that they all look like humans . Get my point?

Clear your mind , and reason this points properly , and you'll see am making sense .

smiley how many likes for me?
Oga Minie....Ogorlord....i hail
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by malvisguy212: 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
herald9:
I know all this sir...
right from time, I know you are not a christian, since we chat in the christian chat box, about job and his children.I suspected you, that why I stop replying you.WOLF IN SHEEP CLOTH.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
Dragonking:

If you take your time to read statements properly without attaching religious fanatism you would have found out that this is what was stated "which makes tattoos of Jesus' face hilariously ironic."

I didnt say tatoos on jesus face rather i said OF and you will see the pix of the guy with jesus tatoo.. what on earth is exactly wrong with you guys.. angry angry

Hold on let me check that.......

Oh OK! My Bad!! I take that back!!!

And by the way, I take great exceptions to being called a fanatic. Just because I'm defending what I firmly believe doesn't make me a fanatic. If I were a fanatic, then what would you call those who kill on the basis of religion. Try not to call names you don't understand.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
Dragonking:

Let me ask you the question. What day is exactly sabbath day? Saturday or sunday?

For your information whether the sabath is on Saturday or sunday is irrelevant as the fact remains that football is still being played at both days. So this aint bullcrap

Oh really!

And you still think it ain't bull crap. What was the significance of keeping the Sabbath? Are you aware that that Sabbath foreshadowed something far more important that I hardly think you have come to grasp or understand? You guys are just shallow thinkers. You interpret spiritual hings with carnal knowledge.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
malvisguy212: right from time, I know you are not a christian, since we chat in the christian chat box, about job and his children.I suspected you, that why I stop replying you.WOLF IN SHEEP CLOTH.
Lolz...
Funny...
That was a slip of finger...i wanted to say believers...it was too late to modify cause i wz already quoted so i let it be...

But you can't crucify me for saying so...
I tried my best to keep up with the belief but each time i discovered that something was amiss...

So i made up my mind...if someone will be able to fix the missing pieces...i'll come back to be a full blown believer once again...

Meanwhile my name is Henry...its English not Arabic grin
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Dragonking: 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
princefunmi:

Oh really!

And you still think it ain't bull crap. What was the significance of keeping the Sabbath? Are you aware that that Sabbath foreshadowed something far more important that I hardly think you have come to grasp or understand? You guys are just shallow thinkers. You interpret spiritual hings with carnal knowledge.

Oh really, do you mind to share this knowledge of yours oh wise one?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by malvisguy212: 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
herald9:
Lolz...
Funny...
That was a slip of finger...i wanted to say believers...it was too late to modify cause i wz already quoted so i let it be...

But you can't crucify me for saying so...
I tried my best to keep up with the belief but each time i discovered that something was amiss...

So i made up my mind...if someone will be able to fix the missing pieces...i'll come back to be a full blown believer once again...

Meanwhile my name is Henry...its English not Arabic grin
you can be an athiest, make mistake, but just one advice,STAY ALIVE.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Dragonking: 10:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
princefunmi:

Hold on let me check that.......

Oh OK! My Bad!! I take that back!!!

And by the way, I take great exceptions to being called a fanatic. Just because I'm defending what I firmly believe doesn't make me a fanatic. If I were a fanatic, then what would you call those who kill on the basis of religion . Try not to call names you don't understand.

We call them terrorists smiley
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
malvisguy212: you can be an athiest, make mistake, but just one advice,STAY ALIVE.
am still in the agnostic stage...

Btw what do you mean by stay alive?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by malvisguy212: 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
herald9:
am still in the agnostic stage...

Btw what do you mean by stay alive?
don't die as an unbeliever, stay alive.

As for me, moses, I got nothin to loose, death is no concern to me, I live everyday as my last day on earth,

can an athiest say the same?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 10:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
malvisguy212: don't die as an unbeliever, stay alive.

As for me, moses, I got nothin to loose, death is no concern to me, I live everyday as my last day on earth,
can an athiest say the same?
Did they say they are afraid of death?

Qstar over to you...

Indirectly you are saying am gonna die because I stopped believing...
You are on a long thing...
His angels may be rejoicing now cause the eyes of another soul has been openedwink

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by malvisguy212: 10:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
herald9:

Qstar over to you...

His angels may be rejoicing now cause the eyes of another soul has been openedwink
my coment is easy to understand,one day it will all come to end, that how life is, next will be your afterlife, a lot of question in your mind"what if a wrong? How am I goin to face Him?all the bad tin I say about Him, what will happen? "

As for me, to live is christ, to die is gain. Mr henry, YOU WILL NOT DIE IN JESUS NAME.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by qstar(m): 10:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
herald9:

over to you...

The Bible is a Bull-crap! An uncouth attempt to think out how the universe came about.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by qstar(m): 10:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
malvisguy212: my coment is easy to understand,one day it will all come to end, that how life is, next will be your afterlife, a lot of question in your mind"what if a wrong? How am I goin to face Him?all the bad tin I say about Him, what will happen? "
As for me, to live is christ, to die is gain. Mr henry, YOU WILL NOT DIE IN JESUS NAME.

The creator would have to specially congratulate atheists, for using their brains, living their lives to the fullest and not for some dead Jew men.

This life afterdeath, how does it even make sense to you? After you've decayed, you'll wake up again and get a new body and start living in Planet Heaven or Hell?

Sounds absurd!

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by malvisguy212: 10:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
qstar:

The creator would have to specially congratulate atheists, for using their brains, living their lives to the fullest and not for some dead Jew men.

This life afterdeath, how does it even make sense to you? After you've decayed, you'll wake up again and get a new body and start living in Planet Heaven or Hell?

Sounds absurd!
there is know God say the atheist, when the same atheist die, the same God will congratulate the atheist? You are more confused than a foolish man.

Atheist don't believe in anytin spiritualy, be honest to your self, you have never seen juju work in the village before?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Visits Force Headquarters, Abuja (photos) / RCCG Church Built Under High Tension Mast In Lagos (Video, Photos) / This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.