Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,729 members, 7,824,062 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible (62616 Views)

12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible / TB Joshua Officially Banned From Cameroun / Tb Joshua Banned In Cameroun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
cheesy
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
blackprowler:

It's earlier, like 12th century. You're being generous. By the 17th century the Reformation was already underway, witchcraft was outdated, technology and the industrial revolution had began its infancy, Galileo had already damaged the Church's geocentric dogma for which he would pay for the rest of his life, and already died by then.

You're right. 12th century, huh? Then this is truly the Dark Ages. Reincarnated in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sagamite:

So the God of the Bible is not omni-intelligent?

Wetin you wan hear? grin
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Sagamite(m): 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
J12:

Wetin you wan hear? grin

I don hear wetin I wan hear o.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by blackprowler: 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
MissMeiya: Smh for naija. Minds of 17th century Europeans.

Sorry, not even the Reformation. That was already set by the 17th. It was the Renaissance I meant, where science and logic started taking over from tradition and religion. No religious practice we have today will ever match the stifling hell Europeans lived through in the 10th - 15th centuries. All of man are the same, just different in their level of development. There is no "African tradition" "African ways." Na lie. It is our way of defending our backwardness. Everything we defend as different from Europeans, they also did when they were backward like we are today. They had kings, stupid laws and traditions, believed in spirits, killed witches. Just name any of our barbarism today, Oyibo did it too. They don't pay me for the lecture I give on Nairaland. Instead they insult me and delve into sophistry to hold on to their minds preset for them since birth. I propose everyone should be taught science and history and nobody should listen to any elders

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by biomedixexcel(m): 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
Now I know
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
blackprowler:

Sorry, not even the Reformation. That was already set by the 17th. It was the Renaissance I meant, where science and logic started taking over from tradition and religion. No religious practice we have today will ever match the stifling hell Europeans lived through in the 10th - 15th centuries. All of man are the same, just different in their level of development. There is no "African tradition" "African ways." Na lie. It is our way of defending our backwardness. Everything we defend as different from Europeans, they also did when they were backward like we are today. They had kings, stupid laws and traditions, believed in spirits, killed witches. Just name any of our barbarism today, Oyibo did it too. They don't pay me for the lecture I give on Nairaland. Instead they insult me and delve into sophistry to hold on to their minds preset for them since birth. I propose everyone should be taught science and history and nobody should listen to any elders

That mentality came to Africa with the colonists. Don't forget Africa was the birthplace of many academic disciplines. That stifling hell of religious refusal-to-think came with "the white man's burden" when they came to "save" Africans. It's just a damn shame that it remained after the perpetrators left. To be fair, they didn't leave that long ago.

But to see where they are now, and compare it to where they left us, in THEIR shoddy history... it makes my blood boil.

4 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by MrT2011(m): 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
Elebiju: The Catholic church is the prime suspect If you discovered that Christmas had nothing to do with Jesus Christ's birth and actually predates that event by centuries, would you still celebrate the holiday? And if you realized that the Bible reveals Holy Days commanded by God, would you celebrate them instead?When I was a young boy, I looked forward to Christmas every Dec. 25. Shortly before one particular Christmas, while still in secondary school, one of my schoolmates laughed me to scorn for believing that Father Xmas (Santa Claus) existed. I was mortified.When I returned home that evening, I asked my mom whether Father Xmas was real.She said he wasn't. Privately I thought,"Well, if father xmas isn't real, what is?"Years later I learned that Christmas actually predated Christianity by about 2,000 years. Many ancient nations created their own midwinter festivals and celebrations—which later morphed into Christmas—to honor the sun and other gods around the time of the winter solstice. I also learned that the origins of Christmas contradict true Christianity. Christmas contradicts the biblical facts it's commonly assumed that Christmas is celebrated because it's the birthday of Jesus Christ. But biblical scholars overwhelmingly admit that Jesus was born nowhere near Dec. 25. There are sound reasons for this conclusion. Luke's Gospel tells us that Joseph and Mary were traveling to Bethlehem to register during a Roman census when Jesus was born, and also that shepherds still had their flocks out in the open fields at that time (Luke 2:1-cool. Even fulani herdsmen no fit endure harmattan but the Holy Land in December is cold, rainy and sometimes snowy. No sound-minded shepherd would have been so foolhardy as to leave his flock in the fields at night at that time of year. And no intelligent ruler would compel people to travel many miles to register for a census when the likelihood of bad weather would have made such an effort self-defeating. Why should we believe that Jesus was born on Dec. 25 when the Bible itself plainly contradicts this notion?The birth of Christmas so if Christmas didn't originate with Christ's birth being on Dec. 25, when and how did it originate?Christmas began long before the birth of Jesus Christ. Alexander Hislop's book the Two Babylonsexplores many historical sources showing that the holiday precedes Christ by at least 2,000 years, as earlier mentioned.A nativity celebration for pagan gods was observed near the winter solstice inboth Syria and Egypt. Later, some 400 years before Christ, the Mithraic religion, centering on the Persian sun god Mithras, provided the foundation for the Christmas celebration. Mithraism became very popular in the Roman Empire, and many elements of its worship survive today in Roman Catholicism. My stand;I dont celebrate Xmas but i eat the delicacies.

You lack common understanding. undecided
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by blackprowler: 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
MissMeiya: Smh for naija. Minds of 17th century Europeans.

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by MrT2011(m): 9:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
MissMeiya: Nigeria seriously needs to release some of this religious zealotry. If the people who invented the phones and computers, the internet, and all their various components had stubbornly rejected logic and science and education the way many Nigerians do, there wouldn't be a Nairaland for them to type their oft-misspelled decrying of science and history as "propaganda".

Nigeria is too brainwashed by its imposed religion. Where are our researchers and inventors and discoveries? Our artists and creative thinkers? Quelled by the stifling and censorious environment of religious Nigeria.

It even keeps Nigerians meek in the face of corrupt governance. The fact that a government can have the audacity to tell its people to pray for a solution, as Nigeria's government does, defies belief.

Religion was a tool used by colonists to make Africans passive and unquestioning to authority. And it worked disgustingly well, even after they left.

I admire you wisdom.

You make me go jigida with your very intelligent quotes.

Cuddles kiss

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by tempem: 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
evanscheck: Walk into a pyschiatric hospital, request for admission, lie on the bed and tell them to give u lithium, am sure d brain has problems
Golden throw..
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sagamite:

What wonders?

Torture?
I think the best place to find torture,rape and killing quotations is d bible,here are some:
t always amazes me how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said“Thou shall not kill”. For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people ( 1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value ( Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of“all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses”( Joshua 6). In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife! Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody! In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church! In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered. The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave ( Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse ( Judges 11:29-40and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks ( Hosea 13:16& Psalms 137:9). This type of criminal behavior should shock any moral person. Murder, rape, pillage, plunder, slavery, and child abuse can not be justified by saying that some god says it’s OK. If more people would actually sit down and read the Bible there would be a lot more atheists like myself. Jesus also promoted the idea that all men should castrate themselves to go to heaven:"For there are eunuchs, that were so born from their mother's womb: and there are eunuchs, that were made eunuchs by men: and there are eunuchs, that made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."( Matthew 19:12 ASV) I don't know why anyone would follow the teachings of someone who literally tells all men to cut off their privates. The God of the Bible also was a big fan of ritual human sacrificeand animal sacrifice. And just in case you are thinking that the evil and immoral laws of the Old Testament are no longer in effect, perhaps you should read where Jesus makes it perfectly clear:"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid."(Luke 16:17 NAB)

Raape?

Slaughtering thousands people or forcing thousands to convert?

Armed robbery?

Killing of unarmed civilians?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Ladybluecash(f): 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: Wait until you read the koran.
bible says do not but the koran says KILL ND BOMB, NA HOLY WAR
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by krayzieklay(m): 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
blackprowler:

O girl, if I see someone like you since, I for don marry by now o. I've not met a Nigerian girl who did not follow religion or some other type of superstition, or who had faith in science, even if themselves are science students. Plus other factors, this is why I am unmarried after 40 and probably never will if I'm still trapped in Nigeria. I sorry for this country taya

Boss, its likely I'm gonna follow your lane o,cuz with d way situation dey go for diz country so,its going to b hard to find one except if u travel out.. I over taya sef. Imagine Naija science students way still believe in talking snakes,donkeys,Noah's flood,Samson fighting more Dan a thousand peeps wit jaw,stick turning to snakes e.t.c. How will dey think outside d box now?? #igiveup

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Olaone1: 10:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sagamite:

Muhammed's own is even more funny.

He would do something, then to justify it, he would say he just got a revelation from God that it is right, so add it to the rules. grin grin grin grin grin

Something like sleep with a terrified slave/captive, then he would say God just revealed to him that that is allowed. grin
That muhammed, ehn grin grin

Xtianity is even better ....far better

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by qstar(m): 10:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
Lachynos2k2: despite the fact that I strongly believe in the existence of a supreme being(GOD) and life after death,I will not allow a book written more than 2000 years ago containing a whole bunch of fallacies dictate for me how to live my modern life..being able to differentiate the good from the evil is enough to help me avoid evil as much as I can.

Sorry. But there's no need for a life afterdeath. That book is a balderdash.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by blackprowler: 10:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
Mintayo:
The Bible doesn't need any re-editing, it is we humans that need to be regenerated. The Op is Ignorant athiest who needs to go back to Sunday school and Bible study class.

If you were born in Mecca, you'd be saying same thing in favour of the Islamic faith. You can't realise that you're in mental bondage for life, which closes down your natural ability to think when it comes to the area in which you suffer the handicap. Take note: this is fact, not insult

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Mintayo(m): 10:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
blackprowler:

If you were born in Mecca, you'd be saying same thing in favour of the Islamic faith. You can't realise that you're in mental bondage for life, which closes down your natural ability to think when it comes to the area in which you suffer the handicap. Take note: this is fact, not insult
Ok. Thanks.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
Slimmos: Jesus hav come to take all dis wahala laws from us.....we are under his grace....so 4get all dos old testament wahala laws..nobody dey even send all dos laws again......na only MUSLIM people carry all dis tin for their head..infact if u check d quran almost evrytin in dis life is banned...

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. ◄ Matthew 5:17 ►

It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law. Luke 16:17

Matthew 5:18
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Luke 21:33
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by blackprowler: 10:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sagamite:

I am not that pained.

The world is full of fucktards and we need to control them. The world is too complex for their whinny brain. Religion helps us to control them by enclosing these complexities in meaningless stories that makes it appear simpler to them.

Unfortunately, the complexity is so vast, the decomplexification is so tough to make simple and because there are multiple different controllers (i.e. religions), we still have spillovers of these fucktards misusing it or ending up seeing it as a platform to commit atrocities.

Despite the fact I know religions are all rubbish, I still have to thank Jesus and Muhammed for largely helping to create these control mechanism because without them, the world would be a worse place full of barbarians.

I love religion. I want majority of others to practice them.

I confirm to you today: you are a brain! I finally find someone who meets my standard of thought. I've reflected on this issue and came to this exact conclusion. Religion has indeed played a very commendable part in taming these wild animals called people we have on earth (all races). If these people got any clue of how we advanced minds understand the emptiness of existence, there will be breakdown of law and order; there will be chaos and great wickedness. With their religion see how wicked they still are. How much more if they realise no punishment in any afterlife.
My problem is that the shepherds who have been leading these people are now so self-centered that they've now moved to over-exploit them for personal material reasons and for power. Mohammed, Jesus, Moses, Elijah, Samuel, disciples, Paul were not rich or powerful men. Now a head of church want to use the platform to become president of a country after robbing people blind to finance private jets, universities, mansions, auditoriums, all in his own business name. It is sad; really sad. And their mental slaves come on here to defend them.

I support religion as it helps tame the mass of wild animals that humans actually are while we continue our march to fully develop our mental capacities. You and I accelerated this process in our lives and hence we're so different (and I'm suffering greatly for it) from our environment. Even in Europe, you'll discover a marked difference in their societies as they have moved further ahead from the likes of us in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
anty christianity
sorrg i dont comment on threads like dis
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
anty christianity every whre tryin 2 divrrt our hrt
sorrg i dont comment on threads like dis
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
For those who married non virgins, you must take them back to their father's house and stone them to death:

Deuteronomy 22:20-21King James Version (KJV)

20 But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:

21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the LovePeddler in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.

If you are deformed, then you are doomed including those that use glasses and/or have erectile dysfunction. For wearing glasses, ye "hath a blemish" in your eye and erectile dysfunction? Ye hath "stones broken.":

Here is the law according to the bible: "yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the LORD, who makes them holy.'" ◄ Leviticus 21:23 ► it would appear from this that God does not like the people he created with defect.

He does not want them to "desecrate" his sanctuary with their defect!

"For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken. No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God." (Leviticus 21:18-21).
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Sagamite(m): 11:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
blackprowler:

I confirm to you today: you are a brain! I finally find someone who meets my standard of thought. I've reflected on this issue and came to this exact conclusion. Religion has indeed played a very commendable part in taming these wild animals called people we have on earth (all races). If these people got any clue of how we advanced minds understand the emptiness of existence, there will be breakdown of law and order; there will be chaos and great wickedness. With their religion see how wicked they still are. How much more if they realise no punishment in any afterlife.
My problem is that the shepherds who have been leading these people are now so self-centered that they've now moved to over-exploit them for personal material reasons and for power. Mohammed, Jesus, Moses, Elijah, Samuel, disciples, Paul were not rich or powerful men. Now a head of church want to use the platform to become president of a country after robbing people blind to finance private jets, universities, mansions, auditoriums, all in his own business name. It is sad; really sad. And their mental slaves come on here to defend them.

I support religion as it helps tame the mass of wild animals that humans actually are while we continue our march to fully develop our mental capacities. You and I accelerated this process in our lives and hence we're so different (and I'm suffering greatly for it) from our environment. Even in Europe, you'll discover a marked difference in their societies as they have moved further ahead from the likes of us in Nigeria

Thanks, bro.

I have always felt it is like some kind of sick joke by whoever is the creator for putting me in the midst of these fucktards we have on Earth.

I keep on asking why should I be put in the midst of fucktards with a millionth of my brain power and then have their decisions and life choices affect me.

https://www.nairaland.com/1077961/best-first-lady-nigeria-ever/2#12602860

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
segzicres:
Tithe paying is in the old testament. Is it not? Why pay it?

Because Christ's requirement in New Testament is even more draconian than Malachi 3:10. Christ said Christians should sell everything they have and give to the poor. ◄ Matthew 19:21 ► ◄ Luke 18:22 ► ◄ Mark 10:21 ► However, 10% is better for hypocrites so they revert back to you guessed it! Old Testament. How convenient!
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
herald9: The old testament is really old.
And what do all things do...
They die...
Thats why we should focus more on the new testament.

No one should force us to obey foreign traditions-not even the bible...
We have ours_

phew!
but you obey paying of tithe which is in the old testament huh?!

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Reallandmark: 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Some are true sha
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by StreamerBlogger: 11:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
Apatheist:
Are you a theist? I was being sarcastic.
Am not an athetist ...i just dont find religion as something to control ma thinking

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by halfcaste1: 11:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hmm....I hv read through some of d comments expecially dose of d so-cald atheists and I must say I rily can't blame u guys 4 thinkin d way u do. Its d christians I blame. D church wich is supposed 2b d body of Christ hs 4gotn Christ's purpose 4 dying 4 us. Evryone is now so self oriented. (Myself inclusive). Evrytin nw is abt ME, MYSELF and I. So wen d atheists and muslims and oda religions c dese, no wonder dey ridicule us and our Almighty God! Dis isn't wat xtianity is abt! Its abt God and ur neighbour, nt SELF as d world propagates 2day! Hw r we different frm d world wen we r promotin dsame tin! Our lives r supposed 2 reflect Christ nt ourselves! I've bin 2 a lot of churches both orthodox and pentecostal and wats killin us is dt we tink our own church is d best and d odas r goin 2 hell. Little wonder oda religions mock us. D Holy Spirit clearly told me dt d earlier we realize dt on dt day in heaven, dre won't b different queues 4 different churches 2 b judged, d beta 4 us. I pray 4d unity of d brethren so we can show d atheist dt God indid is real.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by blackprowler: 11:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sagamite:

Thanks, bro.

I have always felt it is like some kind of sick joke by whoever is the creator for putting me in the midst of these fucktards we have on Earth.

I keep on asking why should I be put in the midst of fucktards with a millionth of my brain power and then have their decisions and life choices affect me.

https://www.nairaland.com/1077961/best-first-lady-nigeria-ever/2#12602860

Pls help us do this important task. My survival depends on it. The religion behemoth wants to drown me. Please open a thread for all who consider themselves in the non-religious community to register and start to form a community to meet. Wherever you are please do one for Lagos too. I'm in Lagos. We are seen as misguided noisemakers blowing too much grammar. I'm not interested in debating religion. That's the whole point. They are cornering job placements, business opportunities and other favours to members of their group while we refuse to organise. We come from different backgrounds. Maybe you come from an enlightened family where you face no stress. I come from some of the lowest levels a family can come from. My mother is a complete disaster in this issue. She announces to everyone that I said there's no God and they look at me like I have HIV and half-illiterates try to come and "advise" me about life. All my siblings have been caught in the joke. My attempt to run away from this joke led me to resign my well-paying job and try to run abroad on half a chance. The attempt ended badly and I became trapped here with same family that simply declared it is because of my position with respect to God. I am living a disaster. This is not academic to me. I don't know ONE person like me to even defend me one day.
If we had an organisation where we help each other, go to one-another's occasions, these clueless people would then start to give each of us some respect. The story is too long, can't be written fully here. If we start, I'm sure in a single year we would number in the hundreds. Many are hiding because of the overwhelming influence of religion in society. Overwhelming I say: from the president, governors, Nollywood stars: everybody. It's crazy. I feel under siege. I lost everything just to escape this country and its lunacy. Yet I'm stuck here, far worse than before I attempted to run. My situation is bad enough to be granted political asylum but as I learnt in the UK, the process has been so abused that no one would ever believe me. That's why I returned quietly when my visa expired. I've been trying to contact notable people to work on moving this country in the right direction but even they are part of the problem so they reject me. Once oby Ezekwesili realised I wasn't with her in the Adeboye craze, that was it. Religious, political, social, I can not fit in this society. I can only spend my time working to change it. Dem no gree

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by halfcaste1: 11:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
Christians remember

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 21, 2014
Sagamite:

What wonders?

Torture?

Raape?

Slaughtering thousands people or forcing thousands to convert?

Armed robbery?

Killing of unarmed civilians?
Bible support all those things u mentioned above,here is prove:
It always amazes me how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said“Thou shall not kill”. For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people ( 1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value ( Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of“all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses”( Joshua 6). In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife! Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody! In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church! In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered. The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave ( Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse ( Judges 11:29-40and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks ( Hosea 13:16& Psalms 137:9). This type of criminal behavior should shock any moral person. Murder, rape, pillage, plunder, slavery, and child abuse can not be justified by saying that some god says it’s OK. If more people would actually sit down and read the Bible there would be a lot more atheists like myself. Jesus also promoted the idea that all men should castrate themselves to go to heaven:"For there are eunuchs, that were so born from their mother's womb: and there are eunuchs, that were made eunuchs by men: and there are eunuchs, that made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."( Matthew 19:12 ASV) I don't know why anyone would follow the teachings of someone who literally tells all men to cut off their privates. The God of the Bible also was a big fan of ritual human sacrificeand animal sacrifice. And just in case you are thinking that the evil and immoral laws of the Old Testament are no longer in effect, perhaps you should read where Jesus makes it perfectly clear:"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid."(Luke 16:17 NAB)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality / Lady Without Legs Backs Her Baby, Leads A Praise Session For God. Pics Go Viral / Why You Should Be Very Careful Of Sex And Women At This Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.