Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible (62617 Views)

12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible / TB Joshua Officially Banned From Cameroun / Tb Joshua Banned In Cameroun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by MrT2011(m): 12:10am On Jul 21, 2014
Sagamite:

You need to read it while smoking some strong weed.

It will then be clear and less confusing. grin

You are such a "silly" "boi" grin cheesy grin
I love your guts. cheesy

Am a Spiritual Scientist- I'll love you to study the CHEIRO'S Book of Numbers etc (Numerology & others)
It's interesting... Someone like you should grasp the key to the Universe.

I wouldn't be surprise to find out you r a member of school of thoughts. wink
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by MrT2011(m): 12:27am On Jul 21, 2014
blackprowler:

O girl, if I see someone like you since, I for don marry by now o. I've not met a Nigerian girl who did not follow religion or some other type of superstition, or who had faith in science, even if themselves are science students. Plus other factors, this is why I am unmarried after 40 and probably never will if I'm still trapped in Nigeria. I sorry for this country taya

You just spoke my mind. smiley
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by freethinker01: 12:30am On Jul 21, 2014
DJDOLA: hahahah...werey re oooo
I've been ignoring fools since 1960.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by almujahidy: 5:52am On Jul 21, 2014
herald9: The old testament is really old.
And what do all things do...
They die...
Thats why we should focus more on the new testament.

No one should force us to obey foreign traditions-not even the bible...
We have ours_

phew!
For your information, the old testament is the true revelation of the Bible. The new testament is full of fabrication and fallacies of men due to their heart desires. Imagine them saying someone wrote the Bible. That's why you see different versions of the Bible and updates when it's not a dictionary. You people should wisen up and make beneficial research for clarity. A word is enough!
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 21, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

Right now, hell doesn't care what you believe. The clock of life is ticking.
Thanks for telling him o... d thing is watever u think u believe when u die, u get to meet ur God.. and it may be too late for things to change

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Janeify(f): 7:31am On Jul 21, 2014
Sagamite:

JEEEESUS!

JEEEESUS!

JEEEESUS!

Holy water, holy water, holy water, holy water, holy water, holy water ............

grin grin grin
ignorance has overshadowed ur thought
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Elebiju: 8:27am On Jul 21, 2014
MrT2011:

You lack common understanding. undecided
Do u expect me to fall where your forefathers did? If you are so full of understanding you should have backed your comment with a bible quotation about Xmas. For the records,I always endeavour to be different cos I'm a free thinker unlike you brainwashed idiota.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 21, 2014
Abanicwise:

Don't forget any negative discussion about a friend in his/her absential is Gossip.....expecially things u cannot or never discuss in his/her presence becos he would feel discomfort..........I don't think bible permits dat as.
Peace unto u

True. However it should be noted that there is harmful Gossip and there is clean Gossip. Generally when you talk about someone, you are invariably gossiping. If you say XYZ did something or said something or something happened to XYZ your are gossiping about XYZ. But ofcourse if you knew something that XYZ did or has that could be damaging to XYZ and you go ahead to say it publicly without XYZ's consent you have gossiped yes, but you have done it in a harmful way. The Bible does not support that one.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 21, 2014
timmy2409: The bible is a book full of contradictions and an unending supply of ridiculous laws and proclamations.

It's frankly absurd to believe that a god would hold his creations' eternal souls to account based on such a shamble of a book.

How can you make such a proclamation? A book that you have never read! You pick bits and pieces and forget that the Bible is all encompassing and that verses are not always read in isolation. There are precedences and contexts that ought to be followed. If you don't read the entire Bible how then will you get these contexts.

I'll give you an instance. Two people here on this same thread have said the Bible says we should not wear garments sewn of two different materials. First of all, that law applied to the Israelites who were under Covenant. That Covenant was finally broken at the death of Christ. Meaning that worshippers of God were no longer bound by that covenant but instead were under a new covenant by means of Christ's blood. It also meant that they were not required to observe Mosaic laws.

Now back to that law itself. Why was it instituted in the first place? If you go back to Exodus 28 you will see there that God specified the sort of dressing that was to be made for Aaron and by extension every other Priest after him. The garment was made of mixed material. And it was to be used by Priests. It therefore makes sense that God will lay down that law in Leviticus forbidding anyone to wear garments of mixed materials. It was the exclusive preserve of Priests.

We no longer have priests today, at least not under the Mosaic setting. So this law does not apply to us. A lot of people will ask that does that mean the Mosaic law is outdated or flawed? No it is not. Infact it is still very relevant. It helps us to understand the personality of the God we worship.

To say the Bible is a shamble or ridiculous is to question the intelligence of the Almighty. You cannot deny that he made you. You cannot deny that he created the Earth and everything you know about it. You cannot deny that you do all you are doing because he put it there in the first place. Infact you hope to go to Heaven when the time comes. Who exactly are you going there to meet? Who made that heaven you are going to. To now then say that his word is shamble is the the height of Blasphemy. Thank God, Hell does not exist as you think it to be. If it did, then the hottest part of it will have been reserved for you for making these insinuations.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 21, 2014
StreamerBlogger: Am not an athetist ...i just dont find religion as something to control ma thinking
What then do you believe in?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Sagamite(m): 9:27am On Jul 21, 2014
Janeify: ignorance has overshadowed ur thought

Someone that believes in moronic stories of medieval illiterates is talking about ignorance? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are so ignorant, you don't know what ignorance is. grin

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Sagamite(m): 9:50am On Jul 21, 2014
blackprowler:
Pls help us do this important task. My survival depends on it. The religion behemoth wants to drown me. Please open a thread for all who consider themselves in the non-religious community to register and start to form a community to meet. Wherever you are please do one for Lagos too. I'm in Lagos. We are seen as misguided noisemakers blowing too much grammar. I'm not interested in debating religion. That's the whole point. They are cornering job placements, business opportunities and other favours to members of their group while we refuse to organise. We come from different backgrounds. Maybe you come from an enlightened family where you face no stress. I come from some of the lowest levels a family can come from. My mother is a complete disaster in this issue. She announces to everyone that I said there's no God and they look at me like I have HIV and half-illiterates try to come and "advise" me about life. All my siblings have been caught in the joke. My attempt to run away from this joke led me to resign my well-paying job and try to run abroad on half a chance. The attempt ended badly and I became trapped here with same family that simply declared it is because of my position with respect to God. I am living a disaster. This is not academic to me. I don't know ONE person like me to even defend me one day.
If we had an organisation where we help each other, go to one-another's occasions, these clueless people would then start to give each of us some respect. The story is too long, can't be written fully here. If we start, I'm sure in a single year we would number in the hundreds. Many are hiding because of the overwhelming influence of religion in society. Overwhelming I say: from the president, governors, Nollywood stars: everybody. It's crazy. I feel under siege. I lost everything just to escape this country and its lunacy. Yet I'm stuck here, far worse than before I attempted to run. My situation is bad enough to be granted political asylum but as I learnt in the UK, the process has been so abused that no one would ever believe me. That's why I returned quietly when my visa expired. I've been trying to contact notable people to work on moving this country in the right direction but even they are part of the problem so they reject me. Once oby Ezekwesili realised I wasn't with her in the Adeboye craze, that was it. Religious, political, social, I can not fit in this society. I can only spend my time working to change it. Dem no gree

Nigerians are sick!

When I was younger, people also tried that with me too. They would bring elderly people to come and tell me crap about religion out of their ignorance.

Thank God since I was a child everyone has known me as a maverick and a joker. So when they try their shyt, I just smirk and when I have the chance to talk, I tell them I have heard and it is working. That I can feel the holy spirit taking over my whole body. And then I start shaking and screaming "Jesu, Jesu, Jesu" before I start dancing Michael Jackson.

They laugh and say this guy is a complete rascal. They pray and I give them the loudest amen like AY. When dem finish, I walk way.

Now I am older, I don't even wait to listen. I just start singing "Pata Jesu, a o mari mor. Pata Jesu, atengun ti gbelo" (The underpant of Jesus, we cannot find it anymore. The underpant of Jesus, the wind has carried it away). They quickly shut up to save me from more blasphemy.

Also a good thing the whole family have known me as a dominant and intelligent personality right from time, so they know I will do what I want to do.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Sagamite(m): 9:51am On Jul 21, 2014
yemaldo:
Bible support all those things u mentioned above,here is prove:
It always amazes me how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said“Thou shall not kill”. For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people ( 1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value ( Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of“all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses”( Joshua 6). In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife! Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody! In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church! In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered. The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave ( Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse ( Judges 11:29-40and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks ( Hosea 13:16& Psalms 137:9). This type of criminal behavior should shock any moral person. Murder, rape, pillage, plunder, slavery, and child abuse can not be justified by saying that some god says it’s OK. If more people would actually sit down and read the Bible there would be a lot more atheists like myself. Jesus also promoted the idea that all men should castrate themselves to go to heaven:"For there are eunuchs, that were so born from their mother's womb: and there are eunuchs, that were made eunuchs by men: and there are eunuchs, that made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."( Matthew 19:12 ASV) I don't know why anyone would follow the teachings of someone who literally tells all men to cut off their privates. The God of the Bible also was a big fan of ritual human sacrificeand animal sacrifice. And just in case you are thinking that the evil and immoral laws of the Old Testament are no longer in effect, perhaps you should read where Jesus makes it perfectly clear:"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid."(Luke 16:17 NAB)

You are a cretinous person!

So why are you telling me what the bible also says?
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Sagamite(m): 10:04am On Jul 21, 2014
MrT2011:

You are such a "silly" "boi" grin cheesy grin
I love your guts. cheesy

Am a Spiritual Scientist- I'll love you to study the CHEIRO'S Book of Numbers etc (Numerology & others)
It's interesting... Someone like you should grasp the key to the Universe.

I wouldn't be surprise to find out you r a member of school of thoughts. wink

My life is about using my brain.

Not the brains of illiterate medieval illiterates.

I like to formulate my own school of thought on EVERYTHING. I am intelligent enough to do such formulation, but it is not appropriate for everyone as not all have a quarter of my brain. Many need this religious junk and I support them in having it.

As I said in my interview here about my personality, I am not and I have never been a follow-follow person.

https://www.nairaland.com/505643/sagamite-lets-discuss-agnostic-deism

I have a fantastic brain and I use it to make independent decisions. Because they whole world is doing something does not mean I would join it.

I see a lot of person kids nowadays getting body-covering tattoos because "everyone else is getting it". I was never like that in my youth. I am really hardly impressionable. I DON'T FOLLOW, I fcking LEAD!

Here is my position on the religion thing:

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 10:27am On Jul 21, 2014
koastar:
but you obey paying of tithe which is in the old testament huh?!
all of you are screaming paying of tithe...

You forgot that today's tithe is basically used for the running of the church.
So if you really love your church and want it to progress you don't need a prophet to tell you to contribute your quota towards its development.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by herald9: 10:33am On Jul 21, 2014
almujahidy: For your information, the old testament is the true revelation of the Bible. The new testament is full of fabrication and fallacies of men due to their heart desires. Imagine them saying someone wrote the Bible. That's why you see different versions of the Bible and updates when it's not a dictionary. You people should wisen up and make beneficial research for clarity. A word is enough!
what do you mean by 'imagine them saying someone wrote the Bible'
Last i checked they said it was written by men and inspired by the holy spirit...

Lolz... we all know the Bible was written thousand of years ago....it has to be updated to suit the present age...

Some traditions have come and gone...if the bible is kept that way...it may soon find itself in the museum.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by frankiz: 11:05am On Jul 21, 2014
Apatheist:
Says who?
Are you god?
that's why we Say LORD GOD forgive us for the sins we commited knowingly and unknowingly.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by frankiz: 11:08am On Jul 21, 2014
Apatheist:
Says who?
Are you god?
That's why we Say LORD GOD forgive us for the sins we commited knowingly and unknowingly.cos there are some things we do and not knowning that they were sins before GOD.we are imprefect as humans.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by pawapo: 11:40am On Jul 21, 2014
Sagamite:

Ah-men.

Christians go dey yarn, inspiritu evinus ....... grin grin grin grin grin

Suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer for world, na your fault be dat.

Archbishop na miliki.

Archbishop dey enjoy.

Archbishop dey for London.

My people dem go follow bishop.

Dem carry all the money, dem go juba bishop.

Every daaaay, for house

Every daaaay, for road

Every daaaay, for bus

Every daaaay, for work

My people

Suffering and smiling.

Dem go look pocket, money no dey.

Suffering and smiling. grin

Suffer, suffer for world, enjoyment for Heaven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfDIakTWYeA

Abi you want me to play: grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uph_hnTCNdw
REVIVAL EVRDAY....REVIVAL EVRY9T
NA PASTOR LIFE DEY BETA
D PPLE DEY SUFFER
DEM SAY D SAVIOUR DEY KOM
MANY DON DIE DEY WAIT AM
N NOW D PPLE BEGIN TO WONDER
WILL JESUS EVER COOOOOOME
----FEMI KUTI

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by MrT2011(m): 11:50am On Jul 21, 2014
Sagamite:

My life is about using my brain.

Not the brains of illiterate medieval illiterates.

I like to formulate my own school of thought on EVERYTHING. I am intelligent enough to do such formulation, but it is not appropriate for everyone as not all have a quarter of my brain. Many need this religious junk and I support them in having it.

As I said in my interview here about my personality, I am not and I have never been a follow-follow person.

I have a fantastic brain and I use it to make independent decisions. Because they whole world is doing something does not mean I would join it.

I see a lot of person kids nowadays getting body-covering tattoos because "everyone else is getting it". I was never like that in my youth. I am really hardly impressionable. I DON'T FOLLOW, I fcking LEAD!

Here is my position on the religion thing:

Dear Sagamite,
You don't really need to tell me about your IQ. I already perceived some little here- You are good. But please, kindly do not "burst" it out. wink

Do you really know about Numerology and such related studies about the universe? - they are not religious studies- they are spiritual science books.

Remember: you can not become a Scholar from nowhere, without stepping up the theories of the past and present scholars.
- As a scientist you might be, your thesis are built upon the foundations of the existing theories.

I recommend Cheiro's books on Numbers for a start.
You will be happy to know more. smiley
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by wizzyblast(m): 12:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
Sagamite: Just shows you that the Bible (and the Quran) is not the word of God as it lacks intellectual power in aspects.

These are just a bunch of silly stories by, and values of, basic-thinking medieval human beings who talk thrash about 'speaking to God', but anyone with a brain would spot this by the rudimentary thinking in aspects of the ideas of this God.

Yet people centuries later waste one day of the week of their lives going to worship based on this bunch of rubbish given to them by medieval, power-seeking, importance-seeking illiterates (who spoke to God grin ).

I would rather watch TV and enjoy my life. So many TV programmes I can catch up on, instead of wasting my time trying to avoid the "hell fire" of some psychotic God.

Fire ko, Tire ni. grin

what? Signs of end time... May God forgive you.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by wizzyblast(m): 12:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
Sagamite:

Eh ehn?

Really?

Tootor? (the truth?)

So when GOD was writing the Old Testament he was drunk or high on weed to get it that wrong?

you're blaspheming against the almighty God.
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by StreamerBlogger: 12:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
Apatheist:
What then do you believe in?
The supreme being ofcoarse.... bur not d way d pple in d religion r fanatic.. do dis dont do dat simply because sum1 woke and rote a book could bible.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
StreamerBlogger: The supreme being ofcoarse.... bur not d way d pple in d religion r fanatic.. do dis dont do dat simply because sum1 woke and rote a book could bible.
OK. cool
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by halfcaste1: 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
I'll advise christians 2 stop arguing with dese atheist who tink dey no it all. I prayed 4 dem last 9te. D Holy Spirit said dey r meant 2b. its bcs of dem dt b bible says 'd fool says in his heart, there is no God'. So evn as far bck as den, dier existence ws already predestined. It is 2 strike a balance in d world. U hv darkness, so u'll appreciate light. Dts y we also hv buddhists, muslims, pagans etc. Its @ d end dt d true God will b revealed. Remember d bible says we shall all com under one true church in d end (d body of Christ). So liv dem, let dem blaspheme all dey want. Wen dey die or wen d world coms 2 an end, dey will all no d TRUTH. Its my prayer also dt it won't b 2 late 4 dem. Peace!!!
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by segzicres(m): 3:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
omonuan:

Because Christ's requirement in New Testament is even more draconian than Malachi 3:10. Christ said Christians should sell everything they have and give to the poor. ◄ Matthew 19:21 ► ◄ Luke 18:22 ► ◄ Mark 10:21 ► However, 10% is better for hypocrites so they revert back to you guessed it! Old Testament. How convenient!
If the rich sell everything and give to the poor why work and strive to be rich in the first place? Why not wait for a rich man to sell and give you? Still doesn't make any practical sense bro

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Kusibe77(m): 3:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
I found this very late, but wait o. The Christians are followers of Jesus nah. And the things u wrote was before he was born. Then what was the essence of his death ? Was it not to cancel old laws and believes, e.g the law of Moses of stoning fornicators. If all this things are to hold and will disqualify people from heaven, men we are wasting our time! SMH
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
herald9:
all of you are screaming paying of tithe...

You forgot that today's tithe is basically used for the running of the church.
So if you really love your church and want it to progress you don't need a prophet to tell you to contribute your quota towards its development.
If tithe is used for church development why are they collecting church development fund again? Double taxation abi undecided

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by bilal4riid(m): 3:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
Sagamite:

Honestly go and read about the Quran and Muhammed. I was shocked people believed this junk.

U wan console urself!! The topic is ur attitude been banned by Bible, u don't ve answer to it, jumping to other religous. Many if nt all of the mentioned above practices by MUHAMMAD followers e. g muslim r nt known for alcohol drinks, female r nt going to mosque talk less of clapping in it, muslim r not Pig eaters etc
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by bilal4riid(m): 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
Slimmos: Jesus hav come to take all dis wahala laws from us.....we are under his grace....so 4get all dos old testament wahala laws..nobody dey even send all dos laws again......na only MUSLIM people carry all dis tin for their head..infact if u check d quran almost evrytin in dis life is banned...
U r nt able to follow ur BIBLE don't blame muslim for doing it on Their holy book QUR'AN, yet they didn't die, it shows who r really True believers
Re: 12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible by bilal4riid(m): 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
Sagamite: Just shows you that the Bible (and the Quran) is not the word of God as it lacks intellectual power in aspects.

These are just a bunch of silly stories by, and values of, basic-thinking medieval human beings who talk thrash about 'speaking to God', but anyone with a brain would spot this by the rudimentary thinking in aspects of the ideas of this God.

Yet people centuries later waste one day of the week of their lives going to worship based on this bunch of rubbish given to them by medieval, power-seeking, importance-seeking illiterates (who spoke to God grin ).

I would rather watch TV and enjoy my life. So many TV programmes I can catch up on, instead of wasting my time trying to avoid the "hell fire" of some psychotic God.

Fire ko, Tire ni. grin
Bros u can't use Bible to justify QUR'AN wrong!! Bible fails so many scientific test while Qur'an didn't, the Christians woefully fail in terms of Living according to the Bible injuction, while Muslims adhere to the teaching of Islam. So where lie the truth

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality / Lady Without Legs Backs Her Baby, Leads A Praise Session For God. Pics Go Viral / Why You Should Be Very Careful Of Sex And Women At This Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.