Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,495 members, 7,812,531 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers (21971 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste / Write Your Best Birthday Sms For Fathers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by SalC: 10:27pm On Jul 17, 2014
krall: I will always remember you in prayers my brother. As you have done for me, a stranger will do for you.
Amen. And stranger will do more for you too.
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Missmossy(f): 10:51pm On Jul 17, 2014
bukatyne:

Too much or too small

My fear is that there will be discrimination against employing women of child bearing age. It would be good if they make it more like work from home after the 3rd or 4th month
Too much i must say,its quite obvious that most women who do white collar jobs often resume quite early.

Haven't heard of any that resumed 6 months after. 3 months of leave is usually the most commonest for nursing mothers.
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
Missmossy:
Too much i must say,its quite obvious that most women who do white collar jobs often resume quite early.

Haven't heard of any that resumed 6 months after. 3 months of leave is usually the most commonest for nursing mothers.
i would like to join your friends club.... Can you please provide me with the link to that thread?
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 17, 2014
lynpetra:

O yes.I just took few minutes to investigate.She is Irun Obo. cheesy grin grin grin grin.
Wow,I can actually hug one that hates me without even knowing.

Exactly!! Most of her profile picture is about big brreast but I doubt if the one you argued with on 'Education Section' is the same person as them. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Missmossy(f): 11:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
frankben: i would like to join your friends club.... Can you please provide me with the link to that thread?
What club is that?
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
Missmossy:
What club is that?
don't worry... I've seen the thread... It's friends crib grin
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by apolonius(m): 11:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
cococandy: Lmao

The same policy should dictate that they all submit the names of wife 1 and 2 from the beginning na.smiley
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by antartica(m): 11:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
Even when states like delta state owes most of their staffs for months in arrears at every given time.When staffs falls sick,it is at their own peril,no sick pay,no compensation of any kind and very the unlucky and "unconnected" ones end up losing their jobs for being sick.

Lagos state must be doing real good for this kind of audacious action can can only be functional in an organized system.I hope they don't owe their workers in anyway?,not even for a day?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by bukatyne(f): 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
Missmossy:

Since this is from the govt, it has no impact on their careers
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 17, 2014
preshuzpearl: lol u guys r really making me laugh..am just wondering how this will work in d corporate world..six month leave is a lot of time
The new policy is only for Lagos state civil servants. If u work for Zenith, the policy does not cover you.
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by SpaceWorld2013(m): 11:49pm On Jul 17, 2014
REDDEVILS1: Lagos State Nigeria version of Carlifornia
It's also Japanese style. It's good for Lagosians.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Larryupsy: 11:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
Fashola,the only 21st century leader Nigeria has.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Cheeun(f): 12:13am On Jul 18, 2014
@Oahray, I was just fooling around o lol. 'Old habits die hard', I like this! But the eat, eat thing & get fat part is not what u think o. Hahan! We need to recover gbogbo kini na. cheesy wink
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 3:13am On Jul 18, 2014
It's a start.

I'm on week 4 of my 12 weeks off as a Father for bonding grin The formative years of a child are important.

We'll get there.

PS: Mothers should indeed get more time because they actually underwent a medical process and needs time to recuperate.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Skmoda360(m): 3:18am On Jul 18, 2014
Afrok: Hmmm... At least two weeks to delivery? I pray some of the workers will not misuse this opportunity, and for the fathers I don't know if they'll be watching the baby's face or help in feeding the baby for 10 days.
I know that in no time, we'll start hearing about irregularities, complaints and abuse of this commendable privilege given to the Lagos state civil servants.

I think it's time for the pregnant men (pot belly men) who are civil servants in Lagos to start preparing for their six-months maternity leave too undecided
lol
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 18, 2014
Afrok: Hmmm... At least two weeks to delivery? I pray some of the workers will not misuse this opportunity, and for the fathers I don't know if they'll be watching the baby's face or help in feeding the baby for 10 days.
I know that in no time, we'll start hearing about irregularities, complaints and abuse of this commendable privilege given to the Lagos state civil servants.

I think it's time for the pregnant men (pot belly men) who are civil servants in Lagos to start preparing for their six-months maternity leave too undecided

After carrying our child for 9 months, suffering from all the morning sickness, etc the least I can do is be there as support for my Wife. It;s not compulsory and when it's your time just drop off your Wife at home from the delivery room and head off to work.

Some of us Husbands are compassionate, married to our sweethearts and love our offspring and want to be there to experience the joys of early development together.

This may set you off in to a tirade but I am actually taking 12 weeks off. For my first born I took off a year.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by spyg1(m): 4:30am On Jul 18, 2014
I learnt that Yoruba pple use 2 born every year,

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Afrok(m): 4:54am On Jul 18, 2014
CityNG:

After carrying our child for 9 months, suffering from all the morning sickness, etc the least I can do is be there as support for my Wife. It;s not compulsory and when it's your time just drop off your Wife at home from the delivery room and head off to work.

Some of us Husbands are compassionate, married to our sweethearts and love our offspring and want to be there to experience the joys of early development together.

This may set you off in to a tirade but I am actually taking 12 weeks off. For my first born I took off a year.

Okay sir! Points well noted...

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 18, 2014
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by baysol: 7:59am On Jul 18, 2014
These animals from the east that always call Yoruba people lazy because of their reckless lust after money that they call hard working"". May be some of us are not fooled, you guys never add value to anywhere you migrate to with your filthy feet. What we see is only crime and more crime, desecration of other peoples land with your evil ways and money lust. You are warned before the chips are down go back to your erosion unclave called Biafra and let the Yorubas be. A stubborn fly will be buried with the dead, the hausas have spoken and it has proved that Nigeria as an entity is not realistic, lets stop dwelling on this wishful thinking and face reality of our times.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by egopersonified(f): 8:00am On Jul 18, 2014
Oahray: ten days is too much for fathers?

See why some women should just be dumped in the hospital to give birth when she likes? Maybe after giving birth, the man can look for time to come pick them up. If there is no time, since his work is more important, and he doesn't need to spend time with his family, they can find their way home.

Take it easy now, this is sarcasm, o de rora.
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by baysol: 8:05am On Jul 18, 2014
These animals from the east that always call Yoruba people lazy because of their reckless lust after money that they call hard working"". May be some of us are not fooled, you guys never add value to anywhere you migrate to with your filthy feet. What we see is only crime and more crime, desecration of other peoples land with your evil ways and money lust. You are warned before the chips are down go back to your erosion unclave called Biafra and let the Yorubas be. A stubborn fly will be buried with the dead, the hausas have spoken and it has proved that Nigeria as an entity is not realistic, lets stop dwelling on this wishful thinking and face reality of our times.
spyg1: I learnt that Yoruba pple use 2 born every year
Larryupsy:
Fashola,the only 21st century leader Nigeria has.
Larryupsy: Fashola,the only 21st century leader Nigeria has.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by JustCurious: 8:13am On Jul 18, 2014
Who knows, PDP-ruling states might just come up with a 9-month maternity leave and 20days for fathers. Hehehe. I am loving all of these political strategies, already.

Increasing monthly allowance would have been lovelier, Mr. Governor.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Nja147: 8:14am On Jul 18, 2014
They are thinking in the right direction. Kudos
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by acada111(f): 9:01am On Jul 18, 2014
6 months shocked!! Uduaghan abeg do the needful, biko. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:12am On Jul 18, 2014
Fash for President* Lagos state is always on point....

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by Mariojane(f): 9:12am On Jul 18, 2014
midetinz: This is INJUSTICE! 6months to 10 days. Habamana! We've been carrying the baby all the while ke? Why 10days?
they re not suppose to give u any leave cos u won't do anytin but sleep,eat nd watch movie maybe try to drag d breast from d baby cos u need milk too
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by lastpage: 9:33am On Jul 18, 2014
victorazy: MD will always be angry when his employee is pregnant and this can affect employment market especially women.

That woman can talk the way she is speaking since the salary for the "paid leave" is not coming from her pockets.
I can bet that if she owns an enterprise, the same woman will not allow her staff 12wks paid leave, not to talk of 24!

While the development is good in general terms (mother have more time to spend with their babies and fathers too), l think we should always "put our mouth where our money is".

I want to challenge the States and Federal Govts to FUND THIS DECISION.
If a woman is employed either in public or private sector, there should be no discrimination.
All the govt needs to do is to ask the private employer to send-in the bill for the womans maternity leave (that is the extra six months) and Govt should reimburse the employer.

That way, both public and private sectors are covered.
...... and then we can believe that she is not just acting for the gallery, if you get my jist. wink wink

As for the Paternity leave, l think it is really pathetic.... just 10days?
I recall when my wife gave birth to my first son, it was through C.S and she was so drained that l heard her SNORING for the first time (and do l hate snoring?)!
Well, it informed me that she must have "died and come back to life" after that delivery!.
So, when baby cries during the night, she was not even aware and l was the one that had to wake-up, change his darn nappies, wipe his butt and feed him on stored milk and at times when he finishes the milk and still wants more, l will crop him up against her br*est so he can suckle while she is still sleeping!

Geeze, that 'accuse' can suck bobby from day one! shocked

You can imagine when l get to work the following morning, and l have to be on the road by 6:15am latest (V.I tinz) to beat the traffic, only to spend the whole day in a daze 'cause that is what sleep deprivation does to you, over time.

Eventually, l have to complain of illness (l actually became feverish with time) and took three weeks off, out of my annual leave.
Should l not have been entitled to at least four weeks paternity leave in that situation? angry angry angry

Why should men be treated like we dont have feeling or we are just some "non-living thing" that cant feel pain or suffer?

10days my left bottom.
****in angry mode****

Lastpage

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:36am On Jul 18, 2014
Mehn a whole 6 months. Pity I dont work in the public sector sad

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by SAMBARRY: 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2014
SalC: Why you dey drink panadol for another person headache? smiley

As the spirit leads grin
WHY I NO GO DRINK PANADOL FOR ANOTHER WOMAN HEADACHE tongue
Re: Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers by ayodele123(m): 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
Excellent policy from a caring and excellent government!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! / How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? / If Your Wife Does Not Call You Lord But Calls Her Pastor Daddy, Send Her Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.