Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Why Do Some Women Feel They Need A Man To Complete Them? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Some Women Feel They Need A Man To Complete Them? (15563 Views)

Which Of These Statements Makes Women Feel Happy The Most? / Why Do Women Feel That Sex Is All A Guy Wants? / Women Say I Look Good whatever thats cool too know women feel i am attractive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Women Feel They Need A Man To Complete Them? by zboyd: 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2014
Society still puts enormous pressure on women to have a man and fuels the belief that not having a man reveals your inadequacy, thereby making single women the object of pity.

Even in arguments between women, single women are almost sure to have one taunt thrown up in their faces: "At least I have a man!" And it doesn't matter what kind of man these women have in their lives. For them, a piece of a man is better than not having a man at all.

Some women feel they need a man in their lives to be happy. If they don't have one, they feel sad, lonely, depressed and undesirable. And anytime a man shows any interest in them, even married men, they go for it, usually ending up heartbroken, in the aftermath of the affair. While they acknowledge being independent women, for them, being single means being incomplete and, being complete means having a man to have, hold and treasure. Sadly, such a mindset sets them up to be exploited by men who don't have their best interests at heart.

Other women are of a different mind. They don't feel they need a man to validate themselves as women. Being alone doesn't make them feel sad, lonely, depressed and undesirable. For them having a man to have, hold and treasure is like icing on the cake of their lives. It's a 'want' not a 'need'. They can be just as strong, intelligent, loving, happy, successful as much as they can with or without a man. Some women have found, from personal experience, that 'needing' a man can lead to choosing the wrong men, especially married men, who steal years of a young woman's life, while she waits for a divorce that rarely comes. They've also found that expressing a bit of 'neediness', whether warranted or not, brings out the 'White Knight' in men who are socialized to come to the rescue of 'damsels in distress' - an added plus.

Generally speaking...

Women who NEED men often have self-esteem issues, tend to have lower quality relationships and experience less love and trust, and more conflict and ambivalence in their relationships. Their relationships are also less stable (more likely to break up).

Women who WANT men (but don't need them) tend to be more emotionally stable, enjoy good healthy relationships, that may or may not end in marriage and, know themselves so well, they always value their own opinion of themselves more than the opinion others have of them.

Knowing the difference could save you from a lifetime of heartache or gain you a lifetime of happiness.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Women Feel They Need A Man To Complete Them? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
A woman needs a man to complete her cos she is incomplete without a man,simple, forget all that long grammar bla bla bla.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Women Feel They Need A Man To Complete Them? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
firstEVA: A woman needs a man to complete her cos she is incomplete without a man,simple, forget all that long grammar bla bla bla.
dats true my dear

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Women Feel They Need A Man To Complete Them? by amakajoe(f): 11:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
Whether we like it or not we are their missin halves , so therefore unless we have them in our lives we are yet to be complete smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Women Feel They Need A Man To Complete Them? by Justeenaleo(f): 7:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
undecided
Re: Why Do Some Women Feel They Need A Man To Complete Them? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 19, 2014
Because u can never spell a "WoMAN" without a "MAN" impossible; neither can u spell a "FEMALE" without a MALE; so they need every bit of a man to complete their halve selves!!!
Re: Why Do Some Women Feel They Need A Man To Complete Them? by sexylogan(m): 7:58am On Jul 19, 2014
firstEVA: A woman needs a man to complete her cos she is incomplete without a man,simple, forget all that long grammar bla bla bla.

Women need men, men need women. We shouldn't deceive ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Women Feel They Need A Man To Complete Them? by zboyd: 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2014
“I do mine thing, and you do your thing. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, it’s beautiful.” -Frederick S. Perls

A Woman Complete...

...knows the difference between her 'needing a man' and 'needing a man to complete her';

...understands that completing herself is her job, responsibility and her life goal;

...has learned that she should not be in search for a man to complete her but a man to complement her;

...has taken the opportunity in her lifetime to explore the world, herself and the riches and pitfalls that life holds;

...understands that every woman’s journey is different, but the goal shouldn’t be to find a man who makes her happy but, to allow herself to remain open to happiness from those who offer her happiness;

...views each dating adventure, each relationship – no matter how long, short, successful or hurtful – a valuable learning experience;

...understands that before she enters into a lifelong commitment, she must know herself, know what she will or will not tolerate, what she can and can’t live without, discover her capabilities and inner strengths and, be able to stand up for herself, her beliefs and her dreams;

...has discovered that helplessness, neediness, and dependency repel men, while self-confidence, authenticity and positivity attracts men who are also at a place in their lives where they know themselves, are comfortable with themselves and aren’t looking for a woman to complete them, but instead a woman who can make their life all the more sweeter;

...desires a relationship where both people complement the beauty, idiosyncrasies and unique qualities within each other, but refuse to change their lives or themselves to find it;

...understands that changing herself for a man will result in a relationship based on a lack of authenticity, and that is not a sound foundation upon which to grow a strong, healthy relationship;

...enjoys her journey through life, forever discovering herself, whether love comes her way or not.
Re: Why Do Some Women Feel They Need A Man To Complete Them? by ednut1(m): 6:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
the padlock(woman) and the key(man) work together

(1) (Reply)

Another Undisputed Fact To Proof Chicks Are All Bitches...see4 Urself / How Rampant Is Sex In The University / An ugly Girl With A Big Booty Or Preety Face And Dry Booty ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.