Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences (17740 Views)

How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / The 10 Most AWKWARD Moments In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by chlowi(f): 4:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
Can be embarrassing! I often wonder why sleep comes during. A sermon, one of the signs the devil is. Real and working tirelessly
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Bigsteveg(m): 4:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
Controversy:
BREAKING NEWS: Liverpool and Dortmund have reached an agreement over the transfer of Reus.

They've agreed it's never going to happen.

Just as ur name, u seems somehau controversial
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by ijbeauty(f): 4:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
Superstar007:

Happy Birthday smiley
So you are 54yrs shocked

Lol........ Of course that's my NL age, in d real world am plus one....tnks doh
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Bigsteveg(m): 4:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
tunesoft: Normal thing.....like 10 to 15mins nap. no harm in that....

Devil pikin
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by ijbeauty(f): 4:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
okparaugo:

Happy Birthday...

Tnks my number one friend.....
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Bigsteveg(m): 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
janetlawani:
Nigeria Custom Service(NCS)Replacement/Slot form is on
sale for the 2014/2015 screening exercise. Qualification
involve WAEC,NCE,OND,HNDN.N.D, H.N.D AND B.S.C. Interested applicant should
contact our Zonal head office:081 082 083 25

This does not only look but also sound as a SCAM!
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by sexybol(m): 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
I try not to sleep during service but if i have to , i ll step out of the church. But i have actualy withnessed an unusual person sleeping in the church. You know all this church where the ministers and pastors sit facing the church, this beautiful sunday as the sermon was going on lo n behold the asst. Pastor was struggling with sleep nodding his head in all directions before finaly succumbing in d prescence of the congregation. I just couldnt take my eyes off him! This man slept through the better part of service n even urshers sef pretend say dem no see am. Come and see bashing after service, nobody knew how the man left the church that day.
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Lexusgs430: 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sleeping in church or during service is no crime. And I will seriously take exception to anyone tapping me or waking me up.
It's between me and my God, I have not gone to church to worship the pastor, usher, person or persons sitting next to me, or anybody else.
Let me continue my snooze.
NB: So long as I am not Snoring, nobody is disturbed.
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Bigzig(m): 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
It is forbidden for me to sleep in church even at all night programme..The secret is that, when i have a all night meeting to be attending,i sleep and rest ahead of it.if not, forget it
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by ademega(m): 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
It had this 3 days vigil in another church, so on Sunday after coming back from the vigil i had just 3 hours to sleep before going to church which was not enough for me not to sleep during service . I thought i could sleep without begin caught . Unfortunatelly i was sitteded at the first sit in a roll . And this usher tap me first , second time and finally stationed herself beside me to torment my life . It got to a stage i held to her hand in a gently manner and whispered in her hear that she should stop disturbing me if she didn't want me to curse her . I said this in annoyance and out of frustration in my tone . She immediately left me in peace .

A friend told me about this woman that slept off while standing . When they were done prayer with prayer she was still standing up napping , she was tapped by the person sitting next to her but was thinking she was tapped to pray more ,it was then she started shaking her head seriously , the whole congration busted into serious laughter .

1 Like

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Izzunnha(m): 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
Therock5555: Api sunday you all, I have always noticed a usual trend, people sleeping during church services. Please have anyone been caught before, share your experiences.

What's the cause? Is it true that devil usually knocks people in church? How can one stop it? Have you been caught or are you Don in sleeping in church?

Please share ur experiences..

I would share mine now..
. Dear, once the church program is boring I don't waste time sleep.
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
ijbeauty:

Tnks my number one friend.....

Welcome Ij.
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by juligon: 5:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
[quote author=Therock5555]In my church the ushers are James Bond incarnate, one could barely sleep in that church, so one saturday which I did all night gaming. My eyes could barely stay open that morning and popsy would rather hang me than allow me stay at home on sunday morning. I put on shades and went to church, I was seeing double so I code for one chair. During prayers I was busy nodding my head, people thought I was praying but I was busy nodding joyfully in sleep land.

how dem take catch me bad # hhehehe stop gaming late
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by unmask: 5:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
why sleep in church?......when you could have stayed at home sleeping
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by delpee(f): 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
qplus: Can u sleep in church during an MFM service ?

Very difficult! Heavy prayers and praise worship will wake you up from slumber pronto! It seems people fall asleep more in orthodox churches when the priest giving the sermon of the day is boring or not spirit filled. For the pentecostals, those that have no message other than tithe giving and fund raising will lull the congregation to sleep - as in old story!

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by dnawah(m): 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
See how e happen in my church,during services the pastor ask"who want go to heaven"and everybody come stand up.na him one man come dey sleep,na him the pastor come say again "who want to go to hell"the man just jump up saying "na me"him being dey sleep,him no hear the pastor well.grin

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Superstar007(m): 6:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
ijbeauty:

Lol........ Of course that's my NL age, in d real world am plus one....tnks doh

Welcome. So from your NL age, what number should be subtracted to get your actual age? smiley
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Vivipop(f): 6:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
This is my advice to people that sleep in church. Whenever you feel the urge to close your eyes in church,stop right there,look around you,You must find one or more persons already nodding their heads,sometimes in a very funny and embarrasing way. This will make you laugh off the sleep. I used to do that when I was in secodary school. We used to have a very boring Agric teacher, each time she enters class,sleep comes from nowhere. This is what I do as I don't like sleeping during classes, I stretch my long neck to look at my "favourite funny looking sleeping class mate". She bagged a degree in sleeping during classes,she has different ways of sleeping,sometimes she will open her locker pretending she's serching for something important,her hand will be moving inside vigourously but she'll be fast asleep,the teacher will never know. I don't know how she does that. cheesy The bottom line is I get to laugh off the sleep and get focused again.

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by toygod2: 6:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
loool. at some comments
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Joshuadon: 6:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
CAUSED BY DEMONS
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Joshuadon: 6:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
OR OVER EATING
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Hexzyz(m): 6:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
It is total work of the devil to deprive people from receiving the word of God, resist the devil and he will flee from you.
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Sylverbox(m): 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
Jennydoris: It's really a bad thing to sleep in the church. I have seen so many people doing that and I have caught myself doing that grin too. Even today I wanted to do same but then I suddenly remember that am in the church. It's either that I was stressed out on Saturday, or I didn't go to bed early or maybe the sermon is either too long or not lively. These are the few things that makes me wanna sleep in the church. I believe other people will have their own reasons. And I know also that so many people do sleep in the church but it will be very hard for them to admit it.
my dear anyone who doesn't admit its is deceiving him/herself. We have slept in churches. Mine was particularly dramatic, after doing all night jacking in class I decided to attend 6am mass so I can come back early and sleep. It was a disaster. Slept in church while standing and fell hard to d ground. Some people thought I was epileptic others thought I was possesed but those around me knew I was crashing eversince I stepped in. As I take face the remaining mass that day na only God Knw.
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by johnmatilda: 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
u guys made my day!!!! today has been Really boring(to make matters worse today is my bday ) but this topic just made my day hillarious. thank u NLDERs.

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Koats14(m): 7:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
i place my bible on my laps,then my head on the chair upfront....dem ushers go think say i dey read bible,but since one don catch me he will always say "read d bible when u get home"
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by ijbeauty(f): 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
Superstar007:

Welcome. So from your NL age, what number should be subtracted to get your actual age? smiley

Lol, it dosnt matter dear, am just plus one cheesy =D
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by livian99: 7:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
U guys jst made my day wt this topic... M still laughing.
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by BukkyDan(f): 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
All of 'em people that sleep in church always make Ushers excited mehn....such times, I become an active Usher.. cheesy tapping all the bro and sis that have gone into another 'realm'. :DThe look on their faces when they wake up is not just funny but would make you wanna laugh out your lungs cheesy

Though ....I won't dare to wake them up, I don't need slaps and punches. All I do as an Usher, I try to ignore or if you're sleeping position is disturbing...like you're drooling, snoring...I'd just ask the person next to you to wake you up.

Sleeping in Church is not good o...it's embarassing o but sometimes entertaining.
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Therock5555(m): 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
johnmatilda: u guys made my day!!!! today has been Really boring(to make matters worse today is my bday ) but this topic just made my day hillarious. thank u NLDERs.
HBD dude, glad I made today fun for u

I was almost nodding in church when I ran out to open this thread, am glad no be only me Devil dey knock na. Chio thanks to the mod that put this on FP.

Atleast am slowly getting back all my FP appearances after that tsunami cleared my twenty somthing threads that made FP this year

Api sunday once again
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Nicepoker(m): 7:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
Therock5555: My second sleeping experience was in one baptist church which I was invited too, the ministration was very boring coupled with the knock wey devil give me. I began to nid slowly, before I could say Jack robinson, I don fall for ground but I was quick enough, I support my fall with my hands and turn my head like I was speaking in tongues, then I screamed 'ride on pastor' and sat down back, for their mind I dey In the spirit Shey.
f00l when u were riding with the devil
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by spiralwedge(m): 7:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
nikkypearl: embarassed embarassedHmm,today sleep gt as e be,I just dey sleep like person wey get belle !

u mean u haven't removed the one I put there. grin
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by lepasharon(f): 8:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
BukkyDan: All of 'em people that sleep in church always make Ushers excited mehn....such times, I become an active Usher.. cheesy tapping all the bro and sis that have gone into another 'realm'. :DThe look on their faces when they wake up is not just funny but would make you wanna laugh out your lungs cheesy

Though ....I won't dare to wake them up, I don't need slaps and punches. All I do as an Usher, I try to ignore or if you're sleeping position is disturbing...like you're drooling, snoring...I'd just ask the person next to you to wake you up.

Sleeping in Church is not good o...it's embarassing o but sometimes entertaining.

Annoying Usher angry.... Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boyfriend/Girlfriend Relationship, Also Known As Dating: Is It Right Or Wrong? / Can Almighty God Praise Himself? / Life In The Occult World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.