Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,589 members, 7,958,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:36 AM

Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model (35438 Views)

Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels / Experts In Any Model Of Hyundia Cars / EYE CANDY: Modified Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
Jacksolo4me:

Hmmm....time to get me one of those!!!....Be sure I'll b having one on an e92 lime rock edition look alike...but then I'd like to know how it Starks up in terms of pricing?

Thanks CityNG for such info sir...much appreciated

I'll get pricing for you.

Looking cool takes effort and cash.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by mikkyphp(m): 9:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
Am more interested in functional mods, and a few aesthetics. My BUcket list:

rear spoiler
front grille
DVD/GPS touch screen radio
fog lamps
18" rims

Naija roads wont let me lower my suspensions
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 9:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
CityNG:

I beg you in the name of automotive gods not to rice up your cool looking car.

grin

1 Like

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by yungboss(m): 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
CityNG:

lolz
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 11:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
But really a 2006 camry (big daddy- I am still fascinated as to how these names come about)doesn't dwell so good on the looks department...

If ricing one up makes it any better than it is that I'd like to see...So please do as u feel fit to it - that's the whole point of it all....Make it unique/ different..What is cool/nice to you doesn't necessarily mean itl b for another.

Criteria should be
1. Clean (show car quality)
2. Type of styling-Vippu (VIP), Street, or track
3. Parts used/ingenuity and Flow
4. Performance.

Personally Lambo doors should remain on a Lamboghini n not on a toyota Solara.. (Ricing!!!)
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 24, 2014
Jacksolo4me: But really a 2006 camry (big daddy- I am still fascinated as to how these names come about)doesn't dwell so good on the looks department...

If ricing one up makes it any better than it is that I'd like to see...So please do as u feel fit to it - that's the whole point of it all....Make it unique/ different..What is cool/nice to you doesn't necessarily mean itl b for another.

Criteria should be
1. Clean (show car quality)
2. Type of styling-Vippu (VIP), Street, or track
3. Parts used/ingenuity and Flow
4. Performance.

Personally Lambo doors should remain on a Lamboghini n not on a toyota Solara.. (Ricing!!!)

I agree about personal choices but no fretting when the end result is critiqued.

In my opinion only changes that improves looks or performance should be made.

No one will argue about a TRD supercharger kit on a solara but I think well all agree that Lamborghini doors do not belong on a 4 door car. I have seen Lamborghini doors on a solara by the way.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 24, 2014
mikkyphp: Am more interested in functional mods, and a few aesthetics. My BUcket list:

rear spoiler
front grille
fog lamps
18" rims

But you can do it if budget allows.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 5:42am On Jul 24, 2014
CityNG:

Using does lights doesn't rice up a ride
If you know what is rice you wont give that kind of comment
Illegal modifications
Proving a car is fast by illegal body tunning and everything under d hood is stock
Adding poor quality china parts and carbon fibers
Colour Blocking E.t.c
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 24, 2014
Readone35L:

Using does lights doesn't rice up a ride
If you know what is rice you wont give that kind of comment
Illegal modifications
Proving a car is fast by illegal body tunning and everything under d hood is stock
Adding poor quality china parts and carbon fibers
Colour Blocking E.t.c

Oh please stop already with that nonsense.

"(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice"wink to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers."
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 24, 2014
With what you copied from what Eva place
The person that posted the headlight replacement drives a v6, 06 Camry
And he how does that relate to rice
Over too know
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by yungboss(m): 9:02am On Jul 24, 2014
CityNG:

Oh please stop already with that nonsense.

"(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice"wink to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers."
grin you forgot to add this:
you are cruising at 65mph in your '98 merc c43 amg,no trunk lid badge, and in your rear view mirror is an orange painted Honda civic, black roof and smoked out headlamps, you hear loud music (gangster rap of the '90s, say Rapping 4tay), occupants are four young teenagers windows down rolling on 18s", they overtake you whilst on 80mph@6000rpm,staring hard at you nodding to the sound from their OEM Kenwood...you know, meanmugging,
then you see quad exhaust underneath the rear bumper as they proceed and a bold inscription on the trunk lid "SUPERCHARGED CIVIC", next they turn on the hazard, windshield wipers activated, giving you the bait to race....
you just shake your head and take the next turn going home...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 9:50am On Jul 24, 2014
"Shaking your head and taking the next turn home"

Thats probably a reason why it's a Civic-

1 Like

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 9:55am On Jul 24, 2014
mikkyphp: Am more interested in functional mods, and a few aesthetics. My BUcket list:

rear spoiler
front grille
fog lamps
18" rims

Thats simple enough sir, Your 18's would probably make or break your car...here's a pic that'l help your choice sir.

1 Like

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
Jacksolo4me:

Thats simple enough sir, Your 18's would probably make or break your car...here's a pic that'l help your choice sir.

What a nice and simple car, very tastefully done on the exterior. No zowie graphics, no illogical led lights or other tacky stuff.

Owner should just add a TRD supercharger and haunt BMWs on the open highways.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
yungboss:
grin you forgot to add this:
you are cruising at 65mph in your '98 merc c43 amg,no trunk lid badge, and you look in your rear view mirror, you see an orange painted Honda civic, black roof and smoked out headlamps, you hear a loud maxed out music (gangster rap of the '90s, say Rapping 4tay), occupants are four young teenagers windows down rolling on 18", then they overtake you doing 80mph@6000rpm,staring at you and nodding hard to the sound from their OEM Kenwood...you know that kind of stare- mean mugging,
then you see quad exhaust projecting from under the rear bumper as they pass and a big inscription on the trunk lid "SUPERCHARGED CIVIC", the next things you see are red blinkers, windshield wipers activated all giving you the bait to race....
you just shake your head and take the next turn going home...

Damnit Man now you're making me like Too Short all over again, I have to load it up on my iPod.

"I'm rapping 4Tay, it don't make me none" grin
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by yungboss(m): 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
Rapping 4tay made nice songs in the 80s,and 90s...featured in tupac's "only God can judge me" and popularized "players club"
http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLA385E0A4FD5E85FD&v=2daXghqHgjQ
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 4:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
CityNG:

What a nice and simple car, very tastefully done on the exterior. No zowie graphics, no illogical led lights or other tacky stuff.

Owner should just add a TRD supercharger and haunt BMWs on the open highways.

Wish u knew how many times I'd lost to those -MW badges!!!......Even though the Camry does low 14's on da quarter mile n a respectable 6.4 to 60mph....I still get the whooping from an M badge angry

This ultimately is my goal for my Camry...Increase boost all the way to infinite and Blow out any Bimmers!!! I catch on Kaduna-Abuja expressway! grin

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
yungboss: Rapping 4tay made nice songs in the 80s,and 90s...featured in tupac's "only God can judge me" and popularized "players club"
http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLA385E0A4FD5E85FD&v=2daXghqHgjQ

Oh I know who he is. I was heavily into that scene back in the days in San Jose.

He was on an album by Too $hort back in the 80's. He sang with Too $hort on "Don't fight the feeling" (x rated song - NSFW). Man I can't believe I should to blast that in my car on 2 12" subwoofers. Oh the mischief's of youth grin

I used to love gangsta rap when I first came to the US, Too Short, NWA, etc

https://www.youtube dot com/watch?v=yuMIl86kj4E he comes in about 5:20
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
A "Big For Nothing?" Camry that is actually "Big For Something" - eating BMWs.

Twin charger.

1 Share

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by yungboss(m): 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
Jacksolo4me:

Wish u knew how many times I'd lost to those -MW badges!!!......Even though the Camry does low 14's on da quarter mile n a respectable 6.4 to 60mph....I still get the whooping from an M badge >sad

This ultimately is my goal for my Camry...Increase boost all the way to infinite and Blow out any Bimmers!!! I catch on Kaduna-Abuja expressway! grin
so when I'm through with my m54 3.0 transplant, I should take on one of those your low ¼mile camrys.... wink
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by yungboss(m): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
CityNG:

Oh I know who he is. I was heavily into that scene back in the days in San Jose.

He was on an album by Too $hort back in the 80's. He sang with Too $hort on "Don't fight the feeling" (x rated song - NSFW). Man I can't believe I should to blast that in my car on 2 12" subwoofers. Oh the mischief's of youth grin

I used to love gangsta rap when I first came to the US, Too Short, NWA, etc

https://www.youtube dot com/watch?v=yuMIl86kj4E he comes in about 5:20
got you right there man, you know it all.

1 Like

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
CityNG: A "Big For Nothing?" Camry that is actually "Big For Something" - eating BMWs.

Twin charger.

shocked.....hmmm..Figures "This is why Power is addictive".

And I thought one was enough! grin
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by yungboss(m): 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
CityNG: A "Big For Nothing?" Camry that is actually "Big For Something" - eating BMWs.

Twin charger.
wow, on the stock engine?
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by yungboss(m): 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
I meant on the same engine block?
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
yungboss:
so when I'm through with my m54 3.0 transplant, I should take on one of those your low ¼mile camrys.... wink

Let's pray the oil money reaches us some day...And we do have the intellect to build a proper drag strip in Nigeria!.

Then the underdog - Japanese small weiner would take on the 7-0 beating Germans to a quarter mile!....I can already hum the theme
song to that!..

"Eye of the tiger-Rocky"
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by yungboss(m): 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
Jacksolo4me:

Let's pray the oil money reaches us some day...And we do have the intellect to build a proper drag strip in Nigeria!.

Then the underdog - Japanese small weiner would take on the 7-0 beating Germans to a quarter mile!....I can already hum the theme
song to that!..

"Eye of the tiger-Rocky"
ok,gradually, we'll get there...
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Chuckdee(m): 12:57am On Jul 25, 2014
Jacksolo4me:

Thats my Grille!
Original E&G classics!....Very coolsmiley
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 1:08am On Jul 25, 2014
Not necessary anymore ebut the trick used to be to have a huge Supercharger that will come in at the top end, but you use a small turbo that will kick in quickly at the low end and the the supercharger takes over.

Cooling all these shenanigans would be a nice nitrous system.

So yes you can have all sorts of doohickies going on but the engines never last as they self grenade.

So the modern thing to do is "All Motor", just get yourself a steel block, some alloy heads, have it all decked, pinned, polished, etc and then slap in a turbo and then use technology trickery to modulate the turn psi. So you may have as much as 15 psi on launch and then taper it off back to a more reasonable 10psi.

When I was running with the Mitsubishi Evolution crew, the stock horsepower was 300 nut Buschur Racing had a stage 3 that will give you 550hp from 4 cal.

Don't forget that the Lotus Espirit used to be a 4cyl, some of the fastest rally cars like Peugeot 205 (gasp) and Renault Turbo5 and some Audis were all 4cyl.

The Camry engine (of that era) actually has a strong bottom end and was a popular mod for MR2 guys to transplant into the MR2 and then supercharge it. TRD used to have a supercharger for the Camry new from dealerships in the US.
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by billy187(m): 8:03am On Jul 25, 2014
I don't really like the bland shape of the 07-08ish camry, especially with its weird 'nose.' However I can't help but gape at the modified camrys here, especially OP's and the lowered one as well. They look.......AWESOME! Good job people! wink

1 Like

Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 11:36am On Jul 25, 2014
billy187: I don't really like the bland shape of the 07-08ish camry, especially with its weird 'nose.' However I can't help but gape at the modified camrys here, especially OP's and the lowered one as well. They look.......AWESOME! Good job people! wink

Thank you sir...
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Jacksolo4me(m): 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
Forced Induction is usually the route to go for big power gains...

But accessing those parts and someone to put all in place without breaking the engine after a couple runs is a woe here in Nigeria.-if not laughable and near impossible

A reasonable 280-300hp should be my goal.

Your stage 1 regulars - Intake/Headers/Exhaust/ECU tuning primarily are accessible to me..Come September.

Now Cams/Cylinder/Pistons/Bore increase n Polish (d 2.4L is enough though), Fuel Pump upgrades are well out of reach to me.-I am a DIY person but u can do all of this with a whole lot of Cash- which Is vert limited.

In Nigeria, You won't get any tuning shops or ECU tuners/ReFlashers just road side mechanics n a whole lot of "Professionally recommended blow and break your engine Mechanics"..

TRD's supercharger on the TRD camry edition made me nuts...Just da sound of dat V8 transplant made me go "Chai!!!"
Re: Your Modified Camry ' S - Any Model by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 25, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson / First All-Female Mechanic Shop Opens In Sokoto / This N10m Lamborghini Diablo Is The Cheapest Lamborghini You Can Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.