Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203550 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 5:21pm On Nov 14, 2008
Gangsta101:

F_Marshall,

Too bad about that satellite, why is it that we can't ever do something right in this country, even though insurance will cover it, why should it even go bad in the first place, without even doing any work.
This info brings into sharp focus and issue that i and some of my friends have been arguing about recently, and that is the fact that products designed and manufactured in the NEO-Industrialized countries i.e China, India, Taiwan, e.t.c, are generally unreliable and have dodgy quality than those which were designed by western companies and manufactured in the east. those guys might be very good at cloning, but if you buy something they designed from scratch you are just giving yourself a lot of headaches. They pay less attention to details and generally find ways to cut corners, though their products may be much more affordable, but the truth is, if you want something that would require longevity, you might as well pay the extra cost for a western design.
But then again, that is my own opinion.
All my reasons for calling the Chinese, 419 & Yahooze people! angry
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2008
@ all,
good job, you guys are doing here, keep it up.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 6:25pm On Nov 14, 2008
toxnaija:

all,
according to mide,the premiership stuff is being used by a viewing centre in Ibadan.mide2008's friend knows the guy but the viewing centre guy wouldnt give our guy the frequency until he pays.Our guy has promised to pay by weekend.mide2008 will give me the latest gist tonight.If he still can't pay,we should contribute.at least N100 recharge card each wont be too much to hook up to premiership again.I am only suggesting ooo incase our guy can't pay by weekend.

Does this have anything to do with RDV? A friend once told me that he heard some folks are still watching the channel in Ibadan.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 6:32pm On Nov 14, 2008
bodejohn:

Does this have anything to do with RDV? A friend once told me that he heard some folks are still watching the channel in Ibadan.

I emailed those RDV dumbos and they did not even have the courtesy to reply, this was after lying to me that they were doing repairs on the phone. abeg any one with the BISS key should put me on their list, i know it's only a question of time before it become available.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adrusa: 8:58pm On Nov 14, 2008
I have been reading this thread for some time. This is my first posting. Recently installed Nilesat with 2.4m metal dish and I'm loving it. I will appreciate all helps I can get including keys etc. E-mail adrusa at msn dot com. Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 9:37pm On Nov 14, 2008
all,
EUREKA! I was able to lock down the 4653X series patch.the jsc+ keys are also out.please visit  http://sat-team.000webhost.com/  for the keys.Many thanks to mide2008 who risked frying his receiver to test the patch this morning,also badaru1 who sent another version of the patch to me,not forgetting gangsta and Adewest who publicised its availability though they talked about 4663X series.we are still having problems opening the stations up till now even with the latest keys.I will update the house as soon as we have a breakthrough.
On the premiership stuff from Ibadan,mide2008 told me the frequency is likely to be on C-band.the availability depends on his friend's ability to part with some cash to the viewing centre guy this weekend.I will keep you posted as soon as he gets it.if you have any premiership frequency,pls let us know.

debolay,
I have sent the patch and keys to your mail box.please check it asap.any interested party should please mail him for "clearing and forwarding" from his box.

gangsta101,
Thanks for the risk.I dont understand the 6969 disable feature you talked about in your post.Is it that when you press it after the initial application,you lose the patch completely or you cant input the keys after pressing 6969.we are all confused.can u explain please?.gofitec and mide2008 have tried the patch and it worked perfectly like before,even after pressing 6969.we all use 4653X series.please call me at midnight.

badaru,
where are you?couldnt get you on the phone to help out with the jsc sports challenge.

adrusa,
welcome on board.visit the links provided please.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adrusa: 11:33pm On Nov 14, 2008
I tried to enter the jsc sports keys without success. Can give me a tutorial on how to enter the keys? Strong sat srt 4653x. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 10:08am On Nov 15, 2008
I also download the patch yesterday morning from wizkid at crosat and i risked installing it into my 4653x, and viola, it works perfectly. I tried the jsc keys with it, i couldnt succeed.  I guess we keep on trying to work around it if something will comes up.
What gangsta101 was saying as regards the 6969 is that, whereas in the former patch, when you press 6969 twice, you wont know whether it is activated until the channel appeared, but in this latest patch when you press 6969 twice, instantly you will see PATCH ON on the screen to let you know, it has been activated.

@ all
An idea occur to me last weekend when I was watching the final of the female Tennis Masters on Aljazeera sport 2. I was enjoying it and all of a sudden, I felt like informing a lot of people that such a wonderful opportunity is going on free on JSC2.  Then, I thot if this is too good to be true on nilesat, which has so many free wonderful channels, then a lot of other good programmes will be on too on other channels not to talk of other FTA channels.
So I thot I should start a thread where we can post what channel and programme we are watching now on FTA.  By so doing, members will get to know what is coming up on certain channels, what is going on, and what has been.  Using these same thread may continue to litter this thread, go offtopic and of course increase the pages too.  I hope this suggestion is okay with us all.
Consequently, if it is okay with us, let us post "channels and programmes we are watching now, channels and programme that is coming up that will interest members" not only on Nilesat, but on all FTA channels on this link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-196182.0.html#msg3090777
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 10:41am On Nov 15, 2008
Twinstaiye,

I think that is a wonderful idea, it will indeed save us a lot of space on this thread, but more importantly it lets us have directed entertainment, so that u know what to watch e.t.c. It is because of this that most channels have implemented Extended Program Guides (EPG) so you can know what to look forward to, it is nice to see that Fox Movies and MBC max have gotten into that groove, so also have JSC sports, I guess the one channel on the entire Nilesat system we all would like to see have EPG is Dubai one, at the moment, they are A Quality channel that u don't know what to expect from at any time. anyways, nice work.

Toxnaija/Twinstaiye,

About the 6969 stuff on this new series of patches, what i was trying to say was that, in the past, when u load in keys, either manually, via a softcam or via a recent patch, you immediately press 6969 twice and the patch comes into effect. Now if you switch of the receiver from the mains, and switch it back on, and navigate to the channel you have installed keys for, they will show you 'Scrambled Channels', so that you will have to press the 6969 twice again for the patch to take effect. in order words, every time you switch on your receiver after it has been switched off from the mains, (or if NEPA takes light), you have to 'switch on' the patch. i guess we all accepted it as a small inconvenience which came with getting to watch encrypted channels. But like Enitan once pointed out, other decoders do not need you to 'Switch on' their patches, immediately you load in keys, they just start working.
But with these new series of Strong Patches, after pressing 6969 twice initially, it tells you Patch on, and the patch stays 'ON' even if you remove the wires from the socket and slam the receiver on the ground (assuming it doesn't sustain any other damages), so you don't need to keep pressing 6969 twice every time the device boots on. i wonder if i am any clearer. i do hope so.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 11:37am On Nov 15, 2008
@debolay can u please forward the patch to me .my email is captainus2@gmail.com.thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2008
gangsta101, I got the 6969 issue now.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 15, 2008
@ badaru1,
i received a call from ola this morning asking me to try and track 2M monde with a 90cm that its very likely i'm successful about it, I then asked him his source of info, and he told it was you, can you please come out and explain if it has been tried and proven by your humble self.

@ toxnaija,
i saw your missed call yesterday, i was damned off in the dream world, so sorry about that, and make sure you get across to folo28 regarding the jSC goodies,

@ OLA,
have you also enjoyed your share of the JSC goodies, try get back to me
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 2:18pm On Nov 15, 2008
@ Twinstaiye,

Thanks for the email.I also agree with the new thread on letting the house know of any pending live fta programme.Good thought
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 15, 2008
@ twinstaiye,
i just checked on the new topic concerning the programmes one is watching, and i will really like to say that is a very good innovation by you, it will give one the glimpse qand excitement one will find in FTA.

More power and oil to your elbow
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 15, 2008
@ all,
check out this link concerning our satllite ooooo: http://www.voanews.com/english/Africa/2008-11-14-voa41.cfm

And i was told by someone a month back that TV broadcasting will be started soon using this nigcomsat by december and most of the stations are basically good FTA stations intended for nigerians.

Do you guys think what am thinking? I suspect fowl (abi na foul's) play concerning the failure of the SAT in orbit oooo, this the 1st time am hearing this kind of news concerning sat falling back into earth after some months it was launched, at least it should have spent the number of years it was designed to last in orbit.
Then how can they say it run out of power/fuel, just like one travelling to Abuja from lagos with just 5 litres of fuel, how long do you think the car will last on the journey?
This is simply craziness, there's nothing 9ja government does, that will suceed, just check out the Power project of a thing, and so many other thing.
I think we guys in the SAT world should be asking for Baba Iyabo's head ooooooo, if you are with me, let me hear you say, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 15, 2008
@ those-it-may-concerned
those that have been calling me for installations and waiting patiently, am glad to tell you all that, am gonna be in my lagos base from December 4th to 9th, so by then everything will be done

@ olofofo/badaru,
can you pls make a trip to my installation site (my abode) during one of those days above so as to have a physical look at what am saying, am think of going for east cos am sure i will still be able to get some sats at the west even with the blockage that is posing a threat.
Your replies will be appreciated.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ekonibaje(m): 3:25pm On Nov 15, 2008
enitan kindly call me--pls--08029461534
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2008
@ ekonibaje,
am sorry to say that you didnt specify the reason i should give you a call. I cant be calling without a reason and i think you are in the better position to do the calling, cos presently neither gold nor silver i have none to make a call to you, but free internet which i have i will use that to contact you.
Tell me what the issue is and we will solve it online, and betterstill you can call if you like.
Waiting for your response.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ekonibaje(m): 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2008
4 some information on some free to air issues--just flash my line
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 8:29pm On Nov 15, 2008
[size=16pt]Astra in Brazil - Klaus Schumacher's 8M Dish[/size]  cool

Mr. Klaus Schumacher receives German Satellite Signals from Brazil, which is at least 3000 miles from the edge of the Satellite foot print.    grin A Bigger Dish is always better!!!! wink
Click on the links below to see Videos of the Dish:

Part 1 of 2 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0JFP7NFx3s

Part 2 of 2 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCBxYDBsVPw
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 9:01pm On Nov 15, 2008
@toxnaija,gangsta101,twinstaiye what other benefits are there with the new patch apart from the fact that one does not always have to enter the 6969?your response will be very much appreciated.in case you need it you may email me.thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 11:35pm On Nov 15, 2008
Dear all,concerning this premiership stuff that they said somebody is receiving in Ibadan and we need to contribute some money so that the Ibadan guy can give us information,I will suggest this,"when next you visit that your friend in ibadan take the followings into consideration:
1. what is the dish size: 90cm,1.8m or 2.4m
2. is the lnb ku or c band
3.is the dish pointing west or east
4.what is the likely angle you think the dish is aligned to,just give us the rough estimate ,remember you must be very good at geography or elementary science to get that angle.
if you can post all the required information i bet it with you ,we shall work on it and come out with a result.and if you can even have access into the viewing center what is the logo on the channel showing the premiership.
sportmax is not bad if you can track it and 2m is not bad either,if 1.8m will be good for sportmax then i can give i t a trial because that is my next target after 2.4m.
can somebody check the footprint of sportmax 53 w on flysat.com.I am smelling a rat that their is likely a success with1.8m but i never confirm oooo.2m footprint is closer to lagosian that people in the eastern 9ja.My ogas i think say i dey flow.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 12:08am On Nov 16, 2008
@All
Ok Guys, Here I am, Proud hunter of the Big4 KU band birds we track here in West Africa.
I said to myself a few posts back, let's move on to the big league, lets hunt down the C band birds, short of Nilesat here in Ghana, lets at least hunt down Atlantic Bird or even CNN on NSS7 C Band.
So I run along and pick up a 2.4 Mesh dish @ 24,000 Naira (GHC 240)
I decide to take a combined LNB (smart eh?)@ 3,000 Naira (GHC 30)
I Plant a Galvanised Pipe with my Welders@ 2,000 Naira (GHC 20)
Put in My cablework and I am the proud spender of 30, 000 Naira (300 GHC)

To my utter shock and dismay I tried all the tricks in the book for tracking KU band birds without success.
May I repeat that this is my first attempt at C Band installation?
So Even the easy PAS 7/10 or NSS7 all refused to show.
I removed the dielectric from the LNB, still no show
The LNB appears to be fine as the satellite finder (small noisy fellow) signals when i power on the receiver.
I am located in Accra Ghana

Here's my connection diagram

Galvanised Pipe on Concrete
C Band dish
LNB (With or Without Di-Electric NO SHOW)
Satellite Finder
Strong Receiver
TV Set
Am I doing something Wrong?

Ah! 30,000 Naira must not go to waste i need help.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by badaru1(m): 9:16am On Nov 16, 2008
@ecowas4all

pas 7/10c is easy to track,but first of all get ur self another single cband lnb,I dont trust that double lnb,remove the dielectric,your dish must almost rich ground east. Use this frequency 4064h 19850. As for nss 7 c-band you have to put back the dielectric and use cnn frequency. Again you need a good lnb,both c and ku
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 10:06am On Nov 16, 2008
Ecowas4All:

@All
Ok Guys, Here I am, Proud hunter of the Big4 KU band birds we track here in West Africa.
I said to myself a few posts back, let's move on to the big league, lets hunt down the C band birds, short of Nilesat here in Ghana, lets at least hunt down Atlantic Bird or even CNN on NSS7 C Band.

To my utter shock and dismay I tried all the tricks in the book for tracking KU band birds without success.
The LNB appears to be fine as the satellite finder (small noisy fellow) signals when i power on the receiver.

C Band dish
Satellite Finder
Strong Receiver
TV Set

You get in touch with captainus, sathob or myself, we all live in Accra (Captainus in Nsawam). We will love to help
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 12:21pm On Nov 16, 2008
@Badaru
Thanks a lot man, i'll try that and get in touch.

@Salamander
Would love to get in touch; a number please?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 12:29pm On Nov 16, 2008
@Ecowas4all

Remember to set your receiver for C band reception i.e. {LNB setting} set to 5150 (instead of Universal/9700-10600) and to use a C Band transponder.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 2:54pm On Nov 16, 2008
Ecowas4All:

@All

C Band dish
Satellite Finder
Strong Receiver
TV Set

You are not the only one hooked on this.
I also jumped into the market some few months back to buy a 2.4m mesh dish and strong's combined (c and Ku) lnb spending almost the same amount. I was only able to track Nss 7, not even Pas 7/10 that i can track with a 65-90cm dish closing my eyes.
The best i get from the satellite now is a feeling that i own the biggest satellite dish on the street. smiley
I however have this oberservations:
The combine lnb has a 0.8db noise compared to the 0.3 or 0.2db on the universal lnb.
Tracking with the bigger dishes are more difficult compared to the small dish that you could hold in one hand.
I will suggest you speak with people who have actually installed one or more of the bigger dishes before.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by NashFTA(m): 6:19pm On Nov 16, 2008
@All W3A Users,
New FTA Transponder Added this weekend!!
You may now watch "Equinoxe TV[color=#000099][/color]" from Cameroon on 12565 / H / 3890;
PID = 101/131/8190. You will agree with me that a good blind-scan FTA receiver is a great asset to any FTA scientist. Keep Discovering!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 6:59pm On Nov 16, 2008
@twinstaiye, i've installed the patch and everything is working fine. @ecowas4all i think it isn't much of a problem.just get in touch as salamander suggested.we will be ready to help.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 12:13am On Nov 17, 2008
Mr. Badaru, my e-mail is obnelly@yahoo.co.uk I shall be expecting the details in my in box.Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by NashFTA(m): 6:26am On Nov 17, 2008
@W3A Users,
Last evening, 'Equinoxe TV' was on air from 1700Hrs GMT at the TP I mentioned earlier. When I checked it this morning at around 0300Hrs - 0400Hrs GMT it was off air!! Anyway, the good news is that while on air, they placed an advert announcing that they are on 'Sirius 4 at 4.8 East; Transponder 12565 / V / 3900". The footprint for this bird is similar to that of the W3A as seen in the following link(s): _http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/sirius4_afr.html_. Although no TP is given for Africa in the lyngsat website (_http://www.lyngsat.com/sirius4.html_), the African beam is 'Active' (as mentioned by a member of nairaland forum recently. Is anyone connected to that bird at present? Let us know if that Equinoxe TV is now on that bird.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.