Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203557 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2008
@ olofofo,
it seems 2M national is also airing chelsea/newcastle this weekend, i got that info from captainus from the 'what are you watching now on your FTA satellite' thread.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2008
my point exactly
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2008
all,
thanks to all the gurus who dug out RDV but let's keep praying they wont scramble during matches.Bye-bye to the Ibadan guy!I have been on the sirius bird for over a month now picking e tv feeds.I think the new stations got added recently.I will stick to 2M National if they have simultaneous matches with RDV.2M has sharper and clearer video and audio.2M gets a direct signal from Showtime feed but RDV hooks up to Nilesat.You can watch Chelsea vs. Newcastle on 2M Saturday 4pm preceded Premier League World. 2M SPORTS LINE-UP FOR SATURDAY SAMEDI 22 NOVEMBRE GMT time(+1 local time):
10h30: TransWorld Sport
11h25: Futbol Mundial.
14h20: P.L. World.
15h00: Foot en direct. Chelsea- Newcastle.

Any news on jsc+ keys.I have so much to do with my set-up when I get home Saturday morning.I am off to take my news in a few minutes.hope to be back here Sunday for feedbacks on the new discoveries.

Enitan,
wait till you motorise your system then you will see how easy it is to track on motorised set-up.

Nash-fta,
please send us the GTV and other feed frequencies you pick on w3a.I have a feeling we are missing some channels you pick.

Adewest,
how u dey?I dey miss u.any news for us.where is your location.you seem to be silent nowadays.any idea on the jsc+ keys?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 11:04pm On Nov 21, 2008
@ olofofo

What channels/frequencies can you get on 1w (or 0.8w); are they C band or Ku band? The reason I ask is that 1w is currently the best orbital position where very good channels are open with keys. Specifically the Digi TV package in Nagra 2 has been open for about 2 years now - though some fear it will go next year. Plenty of films and football.  http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/digi.html
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 11:29pm On Nov 21, 2008
@enigma

all i get right no are on intelsat 10-02 and it's on cband; nile channel, pentagon and bbc audio. i was of the opinion that the rest were out of reach for my 1.8 motoried
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 11:48pm On Nov 21, 2008
Ah, yes indeed; I remember now. In the UK, the Digi TV package is currently what many hobbyists are focussing upon since Premiere (19e) that was most popular for films and football went secure in Nagra 3; pity 1w Ku band is not possible in Naija.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 11:59pm On Nov 21, 2008
it might actually be possible with say 3.5m dish. just checking the package and am not sure if it's in english or the local language, am seeing HBO, DISCOVERY and so on. looks interesting and tempting.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 12:05am On Nov 22, 2008
olofofo:

@enigma

all i get right no are on intelsat 10-02 and it's on cband; nile channel, pentagon and bbc audio. i was of the opinion that the rest were out of reach for my 1.8 motoried
olofofo which part of NIGERIA  are u. that said channel Digi tv  surface in some area in Nigeria here even MCT REDLIGHT on ASTRA-1H. Guys in Gombe state can testify to it.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 12:44am On Nov 22, 2008
Those who get W3 at 7e; can you get MBS? It seems one MBS is now FTA on 10976 V 3333.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 5:10am On Nov 22, 2008
@ enigma, the mbs is coded but it comes up once in a blue moon.
@ adewest,
olofofo is based in lagos.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 22, 2008
aint you all awake yet or busy enjoying your setups.

@ all,
I will really advise everyone to please kindly update their profile, location specification really matters. People like olofofo,adewest,mide,nash-fta,toxnaija,maddoxoj,

Let us all keep doing the great wonders here.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 22, 2008
@ nash-Fta,
concerning your question concerning free2view,
I got a call from a fellow member some days ago, telling me that the stations under that bouquet have all moved from that TP (12728H, 30000) to a new one which he couldnt remember at the time of his calling, but he said it still on the same bird. So what people really needed to do was just to rescan their decoders.
And I, am hundreds of miles from my location where my setup is, so there's no way i could confirm that, but I just dont doubt that member (OLA), any info he gives is genuine, if he tells me that nilesat can be gotten now on 90cm dish, I dont need to ask any other fellow again, all I just need to do is to get hold of a ladder and up I go, to do the tracking.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2008
@all

Can someone please give the data (frequency, symbol rate, polarization etc etc) of all the active transponders on Sirius 4.
Pictures of the setup will also be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2008
@ bodejohn,
try to check some of olofofo's past posts on about a page or 2 pages back, you will see the frequency and SR of RDV he posted.
The position of sirius is not all different from W3a, just stand at the back of your W3a dish, the position of the sirius bird is jus a little bit to the right-side of W3a, the elevation should also be the same
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by badaru1(m): 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2008
Good news for those who have Art and Showtime,there is a cheap decoder in the market that can descramble those cahnnels at an affordable price. Google echolink 3020ir plus for further info and price.

Know that watching pay tv without subscription is illegal
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 22, 2008
@ badaru1,

you are the man.
Do you need to be inputting keys into it also?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2008
Know that watching pay tv without subscription is illegal

In Nigeria, it may not be illegal especially if the broadcast does not originate from Nigeria. The main ones that may be illegal in Nigeria to watch without subscription are those originating in Nigeria i.e. DSTV, MyTV, HiTV, Trend etc.

PS I will find the time to properly research Nigerian law on the subject and give definitive statement - some time soon, hopefully.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2008
@ olofofo,
we all are waiting to hear from you if RDV goes scrambled during the chelsea/newcastle match
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 22, 2008
@ Enigma,
can you please kindly get across to badaru1 on badaru1@yahoo.com, he's having difficulty shipping that decoder over to nigeria and he's asking for your help concerning that.

You can also copy in the mail you will send across to him, so I alert him immediately you've sent the mail.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ADEBOSUN(m): 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2008
@OLOFOFO
HI I AM NEW,
CAN U INTRODUCE ME TO FTA, THE COST ABOUT KU AND C BAND AND HOW TO GET IT IN LAGOS, ISOLO PRECISELY THANKS
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2008
@all

Yes Chelsea vs Newcastke is live on RDV and No it is not scrambled.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 4:55pm On Nov 22, 2008
@ enitan,olofof,badaru,enigma,toxnaija
i love u guys keep doing the good work.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2008
ADEBOSUN:

@OLOFOFO
HI I AM NEW,
CAN U INTRODUCE ME TO FTA, THE COST ABOUT KU AND C BAND AND HOW TO GET IT IN LAGOS, ISOLO PRECISELY THANKS

1.8m motorized dish 8500
LNB ku: 2500
C band: 1200
Jack + positioner: 5000
cable: @all

also include cost of transporation

installation: depends on who  5000<x<10000 (where x is the cost of installation)

major attractions:

Football: Premiership: MBC1 and MBC 3, 2M MONDE, RDV
carling cup: mbc 1 amd mbc 3
FA cup: mb1 and mbc 3
scotish league: star TV
dutch league, french league: Aljazeera 1
champion league: NTV, ETV, CHhannel 10 and many more.
international friendlies: JSC 1, ALKAS, and many more

Movies: SABC 1,2, 3, ETV, aflam2, NTV and many more.
you will also need:

Space with a clear line of sight of east and west.

2.5mm glavanized pipe cast into a solid concrete preferably on an elevated space.

hope this has been helpful.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2008
Enigma:

In Nigeria, it may not be illegal especially if the broadcast does not originate from Nigeria. The main ones that may be illegal in Nigeria to watch without subscription are those originating in Nigeria i.e. DSTV, MyTV, HiTV, Trend etc.

PS I will find the time to properly research Nigerian law on the subject and give definitive statement - some time soon, hopefully.

Eni ti won ba mu ni Ole

he who gets caught is the thief
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 5:49pm On Nov 22, 2008
An example of PayTV versus FTA politics: in the case in the link HiTV is trying to use "muscle" to prevent Metro Digital from retransmitting and selling football from Showtime. However, at the moment Metro has been able to obtain a court order preventing NCC (at instigation of HiTV) from raiding Metro's offices.

http://www.thestandard.com/news/2008/08/24/nigerias-metro-digital-copyright-dispute-headed-court

cool
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 6:12pm On Nov 22, 2008
Message for Pitodenz  (or anyone else in fact)

If you know (or can contact) the Mr. John Nwafor of Metro Digital mentioned in the article, please arrange to get his email (or for him to contact me); I may be able to help him and his lawyers on the law in this area (both Nigerian law and UK law for comparison).

cool
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2008
@enigma

i will sincerely will like to hear your take on the whole issue, am sure that i am not alone.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sylve11: 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2008
Hi all this the set up of the dish i installed for nilesat.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 22, 2008
@ ola
i saw ur text,give me a mid9te call on my glo. i will repay u with something superb when am back.
@ w3a viewers
ola said d new freq free2view is now 12879v,29972. check and get back to us.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 9:11pm On Nov 22, 2008
Image in the link below gives an idea of how some of the satellites that we can see are lined up in space; it helps in understanding how we position/adjust the dish when moving from one satellite to another. It can be anlarged/magnified for better view.

(NB copyright of and thanks to members of some UK forums including the nosky forum)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Analoguesat/?action=view&current=satarc.jpg

cool

(PS Heavens only know how long it will remain on Photobucket)
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by chuk101(m): 12:52am On Nov 23, 2008
Hi all, thanks olofofo, i was able to watch todays or yesterdays premier  league, i did as you told me and voila, rdv appeared, i am so happy it is back,thank you very much, also thanks to oga badaru, he is quite a genius on this,to all those in owerri, u can recieve rdv wth abt 80cm dish
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ADEBOSUN(m): 7:04am On Nov 23, 2008
@olofofo
tanx 4 d info. dont i nid 2buy a decoder?i want 1on wich i can buy a card 4 wen i wnt 2pay 4 dstv, wats d best

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.