Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203555 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ADEBOSUN(m): 7:09am On Nov 23, 2008
@olofofo
sori boderin u.does d dish av 2stand very high/wil a bungalow roof do.n where can i get som1 to do d instalatn
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 7:28am On Nov 23, 2008
ADEBOSUN:

@olofofo
sori boderin u.does d dish av 2stand very high/wil a bungalow roof do.n where can i get som1 to do d instalatn

not really high, just enough to get a clear view of the skyline without obstruction. a decked building or bungalow is always the best. but if you don't have that, something that gives you a clear view of est and west is ok.

sorry i missed out a decoder.

if you are going to use it for hubby, i'd recommend you get two decoders, the old STRONG 4652 which is good for tracking birds as well as the newer 4663x series with added features, but if you can not afford it, just buy the newer kind of decoder , it goes for 7500.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:24am On Nov 23, 2008
enitan2002:

@ w3a viewers
ola said d new freq free2view is now 12879v,29972. check and get back to us.

INVALID FREQUENCY, PLEASE TRY AGAIN.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 23, 2008
@ olofofo,
invalid ke? was there no signal at all or what,try changing yur polarisation.I have 2 admit 2 u dat u re very good and vital to d forum,where on earth were u b4?when exactly did u come across dis forum,tell us a brief history when u ventured into fta satellite.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:26am On Nov 23, 2008
@enitan

Oga Police

I believe the frequency range for KU on satellite is between 10700-12750, what you provided is out of that range.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 23, 2008
Boy,
dat one na true ooo,i didnt even take note at all,but are d channels still on 12728h?
you've not answered my question
@ ola'
pls come out oo and explain things for yourself before they lynch me oo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 11:50am On Nov 23, 2008
@ all w3a and serius 4.8 can be received at the same position using one lnb.Right now am watching the 2 satellites with one lnb.What everyone need do is to reduce rdv to 50% only and all the w3a ll appear.Rdv cannot be received with 4652 (old strong),i mean with my own 4652 and my bros,urs might work ooh! @ enigma i ll try to fish out his fone number but i think he knows this laws very well thats why they cannot intimidate him at all.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ngwakwe: 11:52am On Nov 23, 2008
I've taken time to go through all the hot topics and submissions, am impressed that there is spirit of brotherhood in this forum. Please can the gurus in the house help me with the current frq for Ait, Stv 1 and other missing frqs.

I have motorised 2.4 net dish with C & ku band and am located in Owerri, can I be on nilesat and I need keys. Am on 08032770427 just call prince or 07030155332
thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 23, 2008
@ olofofo,
i can never doubt OLA, if I can then I will definitely doubt you and oga badaru which is simply impossible, i just received a text message from going thus:
Eni, hav I eva given u info dat was not true. am watching it rit now wit dis 12879V,29972. d former freq does not work 4 me again.__________
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 23, 2008
@ ngwakwe,
since you are using motorise, try visit lyngsat and check intelsat 901 (18W) or better still have these frequencies:
3798R, SR: 4340 or
3803R, SR: 2894
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 23, 2008
@ pitodenz,
we still need you to share more light on using just a single lnb with w3a position in getting the sirius bird.
Just as an example, am already on w3a now, does that mean by just inputting the frequency of RDv, it will just pop up, or there still need to be a little adjustment up there, or should we try to track sirius bird first and get RDV to about 50%, then input a freq on w3a or what exactly? try to be specific
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ADEBOSUN(m): 12:51pm On Nov 23, 2008
@olofofo
tanx man. where can i get a confirn enginer to instal it.n on wat satelite can i get Etv.can i get nilesat too
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 12:56pm On Nov 23, 2008
all my W3 channels are where they were with me here.

what king of decoder is ola using? my strong 4663x will not collect frequency outside of that zone, without reporting error.

what pitodenz mean is that:

the signal strength of RD on sirius is about 90% + on my 4663x and yes iof you change your position to W3 u can still watch RDV to at reduced signal level. same thing happens with W4 and ARABSAT 2B as well, meaning u wan watch hitv and ALjazeera on the same position. sort of like the middle way of the two positions.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2008
ADEBOSUN:

@olofofo
tanx man. where can i get a confirn enginer to instal it.n on what satelite can i get Etv.can i get nilesat too

I no know about a confirm engineer oooo. me or Badaru can do it for yo based on our experince and availability of time, but if you need a "confirmed engineer", i can recommend someone for you. ut i guess the fun is in trying to do it yourself. that way you will feel more fulfilled.

ETV is on both PAS 7/10 KU and intelsat 902C.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 23, 2008
@ oolfofo,
we all in the house are still awaiting your brief history oooooooooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 23, 2008
olofofo:

all my W3 channels are where they were with me here.

what king of decoder is ola using? my strong 4663x will not collect frequency outside of that zone, without reporting error.

the signal strength of RD on sirius is about 90% + on my 4663x and yes iof you change your position to W3 u can still watch RDV to at reduced signal level. same thing happens with W4 and ARABSAT 2B as well, meaning u wan watch hitv and ALjazeera on the same position. sort of like the middle way of the two positions.

He's also using the same strong 4653X series, see wetin satellites wan cause oooo. I remebered vividly when the issue of TVF Malawi came up some months back, that one wan cause real wahala. I'll just have to let it go.
So far you are still enjoying you MSNBC on your tp, goodluck, I will also check mine on my eurostar when i get home on dec 4th
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2008
Adebosun,
welcome to the thread.Please check all the past pages as they have all your enquiries answered.Some of these questions for the old members are like rewinding a ten-hour movie that is about ending.Hope you understand.

all,
I called mide2008 yesterday to gist generally.He told me about the Echolink decoder that opens Showtime/Art and also the European Hotbird TPS/Premiere.It goes for N40000 including one year subscription.You refill the card at a very cheap rate of N8000 annually from Echolink directly.He is about to get it from his installer friend.Please send all enquiries to him and badaru oooo and not me.
why is it that many members find it hard to call except they need very vital info?the only persons that impressed me are gofitec and folo28.they always call to give and collect info,they dont even do the midnite stuff.we are supposed to be hobbyists,spending money to get fun.I call members everyday for at least 10 minutes to gist about the fta world.please lets take this thread a notch higher.
you can watch some great music/fashion stations like VHI,FASHION TV,WIK KID CARTOON,PUNJAB on paksat1 at 38* east C-BAND
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2008
@enitan

first tell everyone how u promised me your sister and failed to deliver.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 1:13pm On Nov 23, 2008
toxnaija:

Adebosun,
welcome to the thread.Please check all the past pages as they have all your enquiries answered.Some of these questions for the old members are like rewinding a ten-hour movie that is about ending.Hope you understand.

all,
I called mide2008 yesterday to gist generally.He told me about the Echolink decoder that opens Showtime/Art and also the European Hotbird TPS/Premiere.It goes for N40000 including one year subscription.You refill the card at a very cheap rate of N8000 annually from Echolink directly.He is about to get it from his installer friend.Please send all enquiries to him and badaru oooo and not me.
why is it that many members find it hard to call except they need very vital info?the only persons that impressed me are gofitec and folo28.they always call to give and collect info,they don't even do the midnite stuff.we are supposed to be hobbyists,spending money to get fun.I call members everyday for at least 10 minutes to gist about the fta world.please lets take this thread a notch higher.
you can watch some great music/fashion stations like VHI,FASHION TV,WIK KID CARTOON,PUNJAB on paksat1 at 38* east C-BAND

please confirm paksat1 is receivable on 1.8 motorized make i start dey hunt am?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2008
@all

just checked lyngsat and paksat is trackable. am on the hunt oooooooo. make i go ON GEN!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 23, 2008
toxnaija:

Adebosun,

all,
why is it that many members find it hard to call except they need very vital info?the only persons that impressed me are gofitec and folo28.they always call to give and collect info,they don't even do the midnite stuff.we are supposed to be hobbyists,spending money to get fun.I call members everyday for at least 10 minutes to gist about the fta world.please lets take this thread a notch higher.

It is me you are referring to that make midnite calls oooo, abi? It's even a long time since you've called me last,ooooooo i see, o just because glo has stopped free midnite calls now and is now chraging N3/min, you;ve refused to call, we all are in the same league. Wait and let me activate my etisalat SIM when I get back to lagos, cos service is not here, I will call you die, i really respect folo28 concerning his calling, GBOSA for him.

@ olofofo,
you know say you are hooked up already, even there's something that is tying you and your hubby together, so you want to join the league of justx24 and toxnaija, boy that one na grace to ______, am even looking forward to having a marital status like you
I'll give you my sister once the installation has been done. I just hope madam no dey read this post of yours ooooo

@ olofofo again,
paksat1, can only be gotten on a 2.4m and above dish size, so save yourself the stress
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 1:40pm On Nov 23, 2008
@enitan

thank you ojare for saving me plenty stress. u know me and my wahala. i might have to fully refurbish my warped dish for those kind of andventure.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2008
@enitan

Is there a way to make yahoo mesenger work on those our backyard connections?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2008
@ olofofo,
nada,try using uk.mm.yahoo.com u still using d backyard ways? get across to me via mail enitan20022005@yahoo.com
no diversion.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2008
yahoo say u no get account oooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 23, 2008
Eh ya,thats my mistake it is enitany20022005,wil be expctn ur mail.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ADEBOSUN(m): 2:41pm On Nov 23, 2008
@olofofo,toxnaija
tanx 4 d sugestn n olofofo u r d man, gues my questn r lyk goin down memory lane 4u.tanx 4 patience
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 2:45pm On Nov 23, 2008
Please can the gurus in the house help me with the current frq for Ait, Stv 1 and other missing frqs.

In addition to other response given: anyone who is looking for a particular channel or frequency can also use the 'Search/Zap' function on kingofsat; just type in the name of the channel if you know it.   http://en.kingofsat.net/search.php

olofofo:

This is very true and a very good point to make to add to our collective knowledge and increase what other members might be able to get.

Even here in the UK, I discovered about 3 months ago that on my multi-LNB set up, the LNB picking up 7e (W3) can also easily pick up 9e (Eurobird 9) at the same time --- very helpful bonus.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2008
@ All

I have changed my profile to include an email. BUT if you send me an email on that address, it is advisable that you post here to tell me otherwise I might not read the mail.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2008
@ enigma,
thats a good innovation,so that mean u re no longer a ghost member. lol
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2008
@enigma

i asked yesterday what your take is on the whole HITV/Metro Saga. i for one think that it is illegal.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 23, 2008
@ olofofo,
check ur mail.i concur with you jare, i still deem it illegal on the part of metro. enigma had better explain more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.