Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,340 members, 7,860,862 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:34 PM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (204161 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by folo28(m): 10:58am On Nov 24, 2008
@ all,
It's really a wonderful job you guys are all doing with the streams of infomation that keeps coming in, three OGBOSAs for the whole house.

@ Badaru1,
I'm interested in the decoder, I will give you a call later today to arrange how to pay and pick up.

@Pitodenz,
Men, thank for the clue on Sirus and W3a, I saw hell on Saturday while trying to pick the signal, I think the problem is my line of site, I will arrange to for a spot on my roof top against the weekend.

Cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by badaru1(m): 11:15am On Nov 24, 2008
@ENITAN
Am still waiting for you text
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by badaru1(m): 11:16am On Nov 24, 2008
@ENITAN
Am still waiting for you text,I need the other stuff urgently
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Tgirl4real(f): 11:29am On Nov 24, 2008
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sylve11: 11:48am On Nov 24, 2008
Hi all,
this the setup of the dish i installed earlier on sometime in october. Greetings to Chief Baduru, Chief Gangstar, Chief Pitodenz, Chief F_Marshal and to you all for your supports in one way or the other, i will always remember you all and am always there for you people should you need any thing help from me.

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ugoc1: 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2008
Tanx to evry member of this house,4rm naija or ealsewhere,
b4 i cannot tune my tv, bt now i can install a satlite. even the hardest sirus4, i got it yesterday after 4-5 hours job, u guys are the bomb.
guys like Mr Baduru, Ola, Toxnaija, Gangsta101 etc, ur experience are helping new members like us.
I can now watch RDV, EQUINOX, etc 3gbosas 4 evry member of this house
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sylve11: 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2008
@ all,
do you know that up till now i have not been able to get any of the ART packages?
Please, i will need your  assistance, i have done all the tricks that Baduru, Gangsta, Pitodenz have asked me to do but nothing, done all the skewing but still nothing.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ugoc1: 12:10pm On Nov 24, 2008
plz members dose this key of a thing usefull to 90cm users in any form, if it is pz send it to my box. jnew4real@yahoo.com.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ugoc1: 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2008
plz i really need the keys if it can work on 90cm , am a new mnember, gurus
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2008
I was so excited with what is going on on this thread, my internet operator played a fast one on me this weekend, so I wasnt online for better part of late saturday and throughout sunday.  Trust me, the first thing I did was to first go through all the past post on FTA thread as my usual ritual each time I log in.
I would have loved to see if I can get the RDV too on Sirius knowing fully well that the LNB position is just near the W3A. I trust I will fiddle with that this coming weekend, God willing.
I hardly respond to members post nowadays, but that does not mean I dont go through all the post.  I am however particularly pressed to comment on the issue of Metro and HiTV palaver, but, first on the issue of RDV. I need to state here for all members that this thread is so popular that HiTV spies do visit to monitor our efforts on how to watch english premiership free. That is enough of what I can say, there is more to it than what I can post in here.  What I however loved to pointed out is that, no matter how much they tried to discourage or victimize us, this thread does not support illegal, no wonder they have not been able to do anything otherwise. I therefore commend members for abiding with the rules of not supporting anything illegal here.
Having said all that, truth is, I for one have decided to be a FTA guy in full colour, and to be able to achieve this, I have since discovered that the only thing that make me subscribe for Pay TV is english premiership and because i love to watch my darling team Arsenal. What I did was to kill my interest of watching them live, since I can get to watch the match 24 hours later in Arsenal TV. We need to put it at the back of our mind that you cant enjoy 100 percent of Satellite TV on FTA, but you get at least 90%. So this lead me to the issue of metro and HiTV.
Gone are the days in the past when DSTV will go to any length to block any available means where people enjoy free enjoyment of english premiership, back then, we thot it was because they are South African Company, and we hate them with passion.  One is now tempted to believe that, it is not the South African thing with the posture adopted by HiTV in recent times.  Like I said earlier on, they monitor this thread, as if that was not enough, they tried to block all avenue that can lead to free viewing.  Let the Metro go ahead with their court case, that must be a celebrated case as it will guide us to know what the true position of the law is on this matter.  For instance, if HITV has the right to show premiership in Nigeria, and I can get the satellite TV that can pick english premiership in Europe, and I subscribe to them, with no one knowing that i subscribe in Nigeria, am I breaking any law?  Truth is, HiTV should face the onerous task of improving the quality of their outfit instead of pursuing a wild goose chase.  With this their new found love, they will let Nigerian lose, and trust Nigeria they have a way of getting into things of that nature.
As regard the nigcomsat issue, well, maddoxj should call onme when he is paying a visit to the space to repair the satellite, I want to install a gadget in space that will help us in FTA thread in descrambling most of the encrypted channels.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2008
@ badaru,i'll send u a mail when am on my pc.
@ twinstaiye,
weldone bros keep it up.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 4:54pm On Nov 24, 2008
@ all

It is very easy to get our new bride "Sirius 4" if you have W3 already installed.
I got the green yesterday evening after about 5mins.
Unfortunately there are some channels on the bird that has neither video or audio
Any solutions to these?

Has anybody got a hint about stv 1 & 2. They have also packed from Nss 7.
I hope Nss 7 is not coming down like Nigcomsat 1 with the rate at which channels are moving from it.
Anyway the if it comes down there are mainly Nilesat dish that will be waiting to receive it.

@ Twinstaiye

I think Hitv is trying to protect their investment.
They paid alot of money to get the premiership license.
It is an open truth that half of the lifetime of their licence is gone.
They will need all the muscle they can flex to get more money for the coming rounds of bidding.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adrusa: 5:13pm On Nov 24, 2008
I recently subscribed to hiTV and I realized that their package is complete rubbish. But for Premier League, there is absolutely nothing else that is worth watching on HiTV (my daughter like the Nickelodeon though). I hope someone will win the Premier League right next time so that HiTV can die the natural death they so richly deserve.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 5:33pm On Nov 24, 2008
@bodejohn
am not against recouping of investment by HiTV, but what am saying is that, such wild goose chase cannot in anyway assist or improve their system. They need to improve on the quality, there and then, they will get more customers that this shitty services they are giving us right now. The money they are spending to pursue this Metro and monitoring of RDV can be channels towards improving the quality of their programmes.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 5:40pm On Nov 24, 2008
bodejohn:

@ all
It is very easy to get our new bride "Sirius 4" if you have W3 already installed.
I got the green yesterday evening after about 5mins.
Unfortunately there are some channels on the bird that has neither video or audio
Any solutions to these?

Note the transponder(s) on which the channels are; write down the details (Freq, Polarity & SR); delete the transponder(s) from your receiver; re-enter them & scan or do a blind search/scan; consult Kingofsat, Lyngsat etc. If they are still not there, then they are currently not transmitting.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 24, 2008
@ all
there's high tendency that stv1&2 will join its francophone compatriots on sirius very soon. also remember that canal international is also based in cameroun,so their nationals wont install 2 different dish sets for different directions.
I've made a decision that when am back in lagos,i will have to sacrifice nss7 for sirius,and i wont also be suprise if canalsat already possess some tps on that bird.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 10:30pm On Nov 24, 2008
stv1 and 2 on sirius.pls rescan
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 24, 2008
@ captainus,
it seems my prediction is right after all?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 11:35pm On Nov 24, 2008
enitan2002:

@ all
there's high tendency that stv1&2 will join its francophone compatriots on sirius very soon. also remember that canal international is also based in cameroun,so their nationals wont install 2 different dish sets for different directions.
I've made a decision that when am back in lagos,i will have to sacrifice nss7 for sirius,and i wont also be suprise if canalsat already possess some tps on that bird.

STV 1 and 2 on sirius

12580v 4064

enitan you be wizard?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 12:29am On Nov 25, 2008
Very well predicted indeed, Enitan  cool

You know one thing: the move of the channels previously on NSS7 (22w) is a blessing if they all turn up on Sirius 4. That means folk in Naija/West Africa can kill two birds with one stone i.e. get Sirius 4 (5e) and W3A (7e) on one dish whether with 2 LNBs or better still with just 1 LNB. This is particularly good for newcomers while older hands like Enitan can find something else to do with the NSS 7 dish - although French football still turns up on NSS 7 sha.  smiley

EDITED By the way, me too I want to claim some credit sha because i first asked people to watch out for Sirius 4 in the FTA Season 1 thread back in July HERE
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 2:25am On Nov 25, 2008
@twinstaiye (Oga Moderator)

First I have a question: the FTA FAQ thread does not seem to be Sticky (or am I missing something?)

Second, I have an idea: we can use that thread to provide links to some specific useful information on the other thread and maybe some other general things:

Example 1:  [B]HOW TO INTERPRETE LYNGSAT DATA[/B]

Example 2:  One post that can be modified as we get new information giving the satellites that can be received in Naija/West Africa like this one
SATELLITES AND CHANNELS THAT CAN BE RECEIVED IN NIGERIA AND WEST AFRICA

That one can simply be copied and pasted and then be modified as things change.

Example 3: could be a post containing 2 or 3 links to the main posts that explain keys.

And many other things like that ,  I would be quite happy to be responsible for doing it; at least it would be a specific contribution to the FAQs.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by NashFTA(m): 6:49am On Nov 25, 2008
@All SERIOUS Sirius Users,
Please Heeeeeelp ! I can't contain the Sirius excitement within me! This weekend I MUST adjust my W3A dish to pull down the new bird too! Please advice me: has anyone been any to use a 65cm dish with one LNB to track the two birds well? I use Starmax 0.2dB LNB with the 65cm for W3A. I will keep an extra 0.2dB LNB nearby just in case it's needed.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 25, 2008
@ nash-fta,
hope of getting that bird is very slim,the beam is meant for west africa countries,there's nothing wrong in giving it a trial.
@ enigma,
i see you as the main seer of this sirius bird,and i intuitively followed you right from behind.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 7:45am On Nov 25, 2008
Nash-FTA:

@All SERIOUS Sirius Users,
Please Heeeeeelp ! I can't contain the Sirius excitement within me! This weekend I MUST adjust my W3A dish to pull down the new bird too! Please advice me: has anyone been any to use a 65cm dish with one LNB to track the two birds well? I use Starmax 0.2dB LNB with the 65cm for W3A. I will keep an extra 0.2dB LNB nearby just in case it's needed.

@ Nash-FTA
I toiled all yesterday evening in vain trying to track Sirius 4 with a 65cm dish.
But i am sure i have seen a 65cm dish somewhere very close to my house facing the direction of W3/Sirius.
I was tempted to think that all the transponders of Sirius 4 was off yesterday night.
I will try again today and there is no success i will be installing a 90cm dish over the weekend.

@ All

Has anyone been able to track Sirius 4 with a 65cm dish?
Please post pictures.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 25, 2008
@ nash-fta,
were u able to track nss7 before? if no,then sirius will be the same thing.
@ all,
as for me i will never use a single dish for both w3a and sirius.one will have to suffer in terms of signal level for the other, and also if there's a case of low signal quality,this happens to msnbc,any level below 57% makes the pictures to start cracking. so my decision is never to tamper with my w3a setup,but no longer nss7. why do i even like nss7 before? premiership-rdv, nollywood-stv1&2. but now all are on sirius and more are still coming. abeg, SIRIUS HERE I COME!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 25, 2008
@ bodejohn,
dem take 65cm dish do you? na so you wan track w3a with 65cm dish. you be ijebu man? abeg go for 90cm dish jare.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:16am On Nov 25, 2008
Enigma:

@twinstaiye (Oga Moderator)

First I have a question: the FTA FAQ thread does not seem to be Sticky (or am I missing something?)

Second, I have an idea: we can use that thread to provide links to some specific useful information on the other thread and maybe some other general things:

Example 1:  [B]HOW TO INTERPRETE LYNGSAT DATA[/B]

Example 2:  One post that can be modified as we get new information giving the satellites that can be received in Naija/West Africa like this one
SATELLITES AND CHANNELS THAT CAN BE RECEIVED IN NIGERIA AND WEST AFRICA

That one can simply be copied and pasted and then be modified as things change.

Example 3: could be a post containing 2 or 3 links to the main posts that explain keys.

And many other things like that ,  I would be quite happy to be responsible for doing it; at least it would be a specific contribution to the FAQs.

great idea enigma.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 9:47am On Nov 25, 2008
enitan2002:

@ bodejohn,
them take 65cm dish do you? na so you wan track w3a with 65cm dish. you be ijebu man? abeg go for 90cm dish jare.

@ enitan2002

I have to see if what i have can give me what i need.
I am not in any way an ijebu man, what will i use the Nss 7 65cm dish for again?
I can send the 65cm dish to you if you want it. smiley
Afterall a 90cm dish cost peanuts compared to 2.4/3.0m dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sammu(m): 10:38am On Nov 25, 2008
@bodejohn,
am with you all the way on . the 60cm dish issue. I studied the lynsat map closely yesterday and i think the sirius bird can be ttracked with a 60cm dish. As for me, i use a 60cm dish for NSS7 and since stv and RDV are no longer there my next stop is sirius 4
W ith some patience, we should be able to track it with 60cm dish.
Another important thing that we often overlook is the QUALITY of our lnb. for instance if you are using a strong ku lnb, you may not achieve results. From what i've learnt on this forum, 0.2db lnbs are better than 0.3db etc.

@all
it will be highly appreciated if members with good knowlegde of lnbs recommend to us siutable lnbs for best reception on ku dish

@enigma
thank you sir, for pointing the sirius bird to us. Keep discovering. WELLDONE JARE

@enitan
i can see you've become FTA PROPHET. More anointing jooooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by NashFTA(m): 10:39am On Nov 25, 2008
@Enitan2002,

You wrote today: "@ nash-fta,
hope of getting that bird is very slim,the beam is meant for west africa countries,there's nothing wrong in giving it a trial."

I may disagree with you on this. Have you checked the lyngsat map? Click here: _http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/sirius4_afr.html_. The beam is very much similar to that of the W3A. I will surely try tracking it from 01°17'South, 36°48'East where I am located. I use a 65cm here. Looking at the map, the beam for Sirius apprears to be stronger than that of the W3A. I guess the 65cm might work for Sirius too.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Etoo: 11:10am On Nov 25, 2008
Good day all. I really appreciate the good work being done by u guys on the FTA thread. Indeed, it is a mark of ingenuity in our side.

@Enitan2002: I have a strong decoder with my 65cm dish pointing at NSS7/Ku, at this moment, I can not receieve STV1,STV2 and RDV.Initially, I thought that the transpoders could be down. In this forum, I began to realise that the stations has been moved to Sirus.

Please, I would be glad if you can send me the details on how to set up the Siruis and furthermore check whether what I ve got met the criteria for the installation.

Thanks in anticipation for a response.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2008
@ all who said that serius 4 cant be received by 60cm?rdv signal is above 90% in my 80cm so u guys with 60cm should patiently track the bird with equinoxe freq or even rdv.N.B. 4652 and older version of strong cannot get any of serius freq apart from equinoxe.Also note that 60cm must get this sat in a different direction (azimuth).

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.