Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,451 members, 7,850,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:21 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203845 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:57pm On Dec 04, 2008
adewest:

@ George D, i beg my brother sorry o,what's that ur question directed at me.come again please and note that i deal with direct question for the benefit of others

@olofofo, a got u on my yahoo,hope u have recd my reply ? We still dey oo
@Adewest,
My question was about the digisat lnb that you used. I asked whether you have come across premium2 lazer lnb. It is also a KU type and works fine like fuji lnb-if not better.

olofofo:

text your phone number to 08033401080. i wan vamooze for where internet dey. talk to everyone later.

@olofofo,
I tried calling you but the network was bad. Have you gotten my text message?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 6:01pm On Dec 04, 2008
all,
according to Adewest,the premiumlazer lnb has the same strength as fuji.I am on my way to the barracks right now to check the evening signal for hotbird aand nilesat on 1.8m dish.
the 2M on nilesat is not the same as the one that shows premiership on W6.
I think we should all wait for adewest to return to Lagos in January for upgrading of our systems.The calls were just overwhelming for both of us yesterday.All enquiries on premiership feeds and hotbird should be directed to him.His e-mail address and fone numbers are on the thread.thanks to all who called for confirmation.again,let me confirm to you that PAKSAT,W6-2M NATIONAL,NILESAT AND HOTBIRD ARE RECIEVABLE ON 1.8M IN LAGOS.WITH 2.4/3M DISH,ALL TRANSPONDERS WOULD COME OUT.my advice is you get Adewest to do the upgrading because it is not just the lnb that performed the magic but his expertise on dish allignment and analysis.so forget about just changing your lnb,get a perfect allignment.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by linksman(m): 6:04pm On Dec 04, 2008
@all,
it seems mytv has just added another channel to their list. the new channel is Kidsco.
it's a very good channel for children cartoons, movies and general family entertainment.
i might just dust up my smartcard and go and renew the subscription to add some flavour to my viewing experience. i only wish they would scrap that useless mgm movie channel and replace it with a better and modern 21st century movie channel.
so, just do a blindscan on your pas 7/10 bird and pick it up.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 6:21pm On Dec 04, 2008
dvbguy:

@all

this thread has been pretty much dead for sometime now - i believe it was because we assumed we knew everything - not really giving in room for experiments!  the purpose of this thread i assume is to share knowledge, generate interest in technology and ultimately have the best and most varied form of entertainment (TV) for next to nothing - initial setup cost and the many hrs spent tuning is definitely not free!

Now ADEWEST, (God Bless the CHAP),  must have been laughing out in his head all these while because he realised how wrong the majority of us where and I bet he did have a lot to contemplate with before venturing out his knowledge/information - and guess what happens, he was 'rigthly' crucified. Honestly I admire the CHAP because he didn't give up (he really is in the right profession). I figure he saw it as an obligation to bring to light is knowlege otherwise - the forum was doomed. He did it for the greater good!

Now to my point! Most people do not know anything and wouldn't even bother to learn to get to know. Sure people come here for information to learn, laugh and earn some money. People have selfish and greedy tendencies but hushing information is no cure to that. If an installer comes round to learn something new, it benefits the customer and takes away from the PAYTV's ( I figure that is one of our satisfaction right - to wreck PAYTV's, and we can't do that sitting in our homes horning in the signals to ourselves! Just as they have agents, we must also have agents!), if a hobbyist comes in for information- it improves his/her hobby and if a PAYTV operator come around then I would say hardluck - they would either have to go and shoot out the birds or just go and lobby more (ban on equipment or something) for their selfish gains or just straight up come to terms with FTA, hacks & cracks and offer realistic services to those who can't afford the luxury of having a BUD in their house. Afterall PAYTV channels are just a compendium of FTA channels!

With the onset of this thread, everybody was a novice (you could verify from 'season1 ep1') but now alot of us have become good (not excellent) and migrating to forum, group or whatever for a somewhat 'advanced course in FTA' shouldn't even be considered. There should be no caucus or whatsoever. If this site has inadequacies and the greater number of us feel sensitive information like keys, patches, cracks etc. which constitutes an illegality can't be shared freely then the whole thread should be moved to one that does support those and I doubt if there is a site that condones such acts explicitly.

General information that goes to improve the thread and the hobbyist abilities shouldn't be censored and made available to only an elitist wing of members.

I think ADEWEST has come to put back some life into this thread lets give that opportunity and whatever we discover alongside we share for the GREATER GOOD. I suggest we disband the GGroup or well as an after thought - keep it for all the 'wrong things'. grin

DVB guy

You are quite misinformed about the group, it si not a click thing but a genuine measure to protect ourselves from the ability on non registered members to openly read our posts on this forum, if you doubt what i mean, try google any FTA for nigeria.

Anyway, am sorry you feel the group should be shut down whne it growing everyday, just today, i have 4 mebership request, as at last count there were 25 members. i you don;t want to be member, please do not discourage others, that not really cool.

by the way, wetin dey do you sef? you grammar too much, u be journalist?

@ George D

bro since morning? my wife don go come back ooooo, besides you text just came on at about 6pm. i go try syke her make she go back tomorrow.

she already bought 3 and an echolink decoder for me over there.

@adewest

abeg check you mail regrading info for our arrangements

@all

it is evident now that guy up north ave got head start on us regarding this FTA stuff, it's just funny how none is stocking a decoder as HOT as echolink over here in lagos
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 6:27pm On Dec 04, 2008
@pitodenz and jujuchemist

WELCOME TO THE GROUP
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2008
@ all i installed a 4m fiber dish for nilesat in ph today and i got all the V and H transpondant,cnn and all show sports,mbc persia. Tox,jujukemist,gansta and all nilesat users if theres any difficult freq i might be missing let me know.Today i finally believe that the size of dish matters a lot follow by good lnb,even when the cloud cover and rain was falling i still watch cnn and all the H tp.The dish was refoiled by me so its not a new one.Adewest i want to know the possibity of getting 2m nat at w6 and paksat with motorized 1.8m and 2.4m mesh dish here in ph,since u ve someone coming down to ph to install 2.4m, u may verify from him.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2008
pitodenz,
if you can pick CNN,then all you need do is blindscan.you can never miss anything.i believe with 4m,hotbird and nilesat will be dancing on your tv.get echolink to break the coded signals.i am off to Adewest's brother's place at the barracks to check hotbird signals.see what fta hobby has turned me into.my house is eastward while the barracks is northwest,even with the terrble hold-up.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by alcovex1(m): 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2008
this is my first post on nairaland.

I'm happy about all the developments in the forum since season 1 till date.

i live in suleja, niger state and work in abuja, fct. my set up is a 1.8 meter dish for nilesat which i have been using since 7 years ago.

ive been installing nilesat and others as a hobby since i got my first set up.

my main reason of joining the forum is to see what little info i can contribute from my experience at installing nilesat and also learn from other members as i have been doing since season 1.

i appreciate effort to get nilesat on 1.8mtr dish down south as i regard it as a breakthrough on the part of members of the forum. i am however suprised that nobody had mentioned or said anything about 2 lnbf's i believe would be of great help in tracking nilesat.

the first one is SANTECH UNIVERSAL KU BAND LNBF (0.5DB NOISE FIGURE) costs between #2,500 to #3,500 here in abuja/suleja. this lnbf gives about 10% more signal strenght than most lnbf's if tweeked properly.

the second is STARGOLD UNIVERSAL KU BAND LNBF (0.3DB NOISE FIGURE) also costs about the same price as the one above. it gives about 8% additional signal.

@ George_D,

you can get any of the above lnbf in wuse zone 3 neighbourhood centre to solve your nilesat/ other ku band frequency problems. they are by far better than the premium 2 you mentioned in your post(s).
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by alcovex1(m): 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2008
@ George D,

sorry, just checked your profile & saw that u are in Warri Delta State.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2008
alcove x:

i live in suleja, niger state and work in abuja, fct. my set up is a 1.8 meter dish for nilesat which i have been using since 7 years ago.

my main reason of joining the forum is to see what little info i can contribute from my experience at installing nilesat and also learn from other members as i have been doing since season 1.

i appreciate effort to get nilesat on 1.8mtr dish down south as i regard it as a breakthrough on the part of members of the forum. i am however suprised that nobody had mentioned or said anything about 2 lnbf's i believe would be of great help in tracking nilesat.

the first one is SANTECH UNIVERSAL KU BAND LNBF (0.5DB NOISE FIGURE) costs between #2,500 to #3,500 here in abuja/suleja. this lnbf gives about 10% more signal strenght than most lnbf's if tweeked properly.

the second is STARGOLD UNIVERSAL KU BAND LNBF (0.3DB NOISE FIGURE) also costs about the same price as the one above. it gives about 8% additional signal.

@ George_D,

you can get any of the above lnbf in wuse zone 3 neighbourhood centre to solve your nilesat/ other ku band frequency problems. they are by far better than the premium 2 you mentioned in your post(s).

welcome to this forum sir

i have both santech, stargold and strong and just about experimenting with the digisat. any idea of digisat compared to the rest?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2008
@ tox'
u sure say na only sat u go dey look for barrack so? cos me i no trust u at all oo. why cant u call me up and lets make d trip 2gether.
@ olofofo,
your response to that dvbguy abi na dvd sef,is just too light. i was xpctn somtin like a sledgehammer.well i let everytin rest,i dnt thnk i will allow any1 to rub off d good works of this thread. he better stay with his offline phishing/fishing,he shld leave d thread for d hobbyst. i dey miss my pc die oo,am using a phone
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by alcovex1(m): 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2008
@ Jujukemist,

i can feel u on the quark installers issue. it is so bad that some of them change pin codes on decoders they installed just to make sure only that particular installer would come and rescan the decoder whenever a new station comes up for a fee. it is that bad and desperate on the part of this so called installers. i guess this is naija and guys must survive. im around naija and hope we could cordinate on this fta hobby as u guys call it.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by alcovex1(m): 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2008
@ olofofo

ive used digisat severally, infact where it is in stock it is the first you would be adviced to buy. i guess my problem with digisat is knowing how/what point to cut of for effective reception of nilesat. compared to others (cant confirm if it is same as the digisat lnbf 0.2DB Adewest uses) i rate Santech and Stargold (Prime Focus) ahead of digisat.

thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 04, 2008
@ olofofo,
i've been tuning my decoder for several hours couldnt find anything intresting to watch,pls come to my rescue, how do u want our movement to be on sunday,yur fast response on this is needed,will send a mail to d group on info of adewest on cloned cards, we've got to be careful to those u invite over to the group, story dey well well.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by dvbguy: 9:19pm On Dec 04, 2008
@olofofo
ah, me I am just a 'drama boy'. cheesy. I do understand the whole group thing, 

@toxnaija
I feel u! true hobbyist all have a taint of 'craziness' in them. Just imagine charading behind a desk all weekday as 'whatever' whilst with the least opportunity I get i jump on the roof!

But really all hobbies do need devotion to, sadly for us, ours happens to be outdoors 100% - sitting through the sun (tanning our black skins to whatever colour there is beyond black!) or befriending the 'A'mos Quitos nightly just to get to watch a channel or two for less than what! 2 hours? Extremely whack! grin and it is not like we can't pay - but rather it is the quest to perfect the hobby that drives us! and naturally observers do get worried for us! grin

@enitan2002
did u just attack me! shocked? do u want us to engage in a tug? cause tonight I feel like chasing the 'dragon' -yeah, mix up some herbs and blow u sh*t. I sincerely do have a lot to say to you in particular. I promise you it wouldn't be an attack on your character but, some hobbyist you u're! u sure did earn ur way through to your millionth post - posting what?

i bet u see that 'fishing' thread don die! my time is up pick the mic-or whatever you use for the stolen net, and post ur reply or act mature and ignore!

I will advice you to LEARN to know how to relate with people over the net. It is not like you can see me or can you grin big brother abi? so there is noway and you have absolutely no reason or whatsoever to have behaved the way you just did. If you don't want to respect anything at all please respect the distance between the wireless conectivity from your ISP to mine because I pay for it. I guess it is a fair and SOUND request even you can understand.

Now i am really out, and I say BRING it ON eeetiahh! sorry for my manners just couldn't help sneezing nearly caught up with the dragon from above, herbs too strong! Wish me goodnite Enitan. Luv u but u're intolerable- I have got to give it to you though, YOU and YOU alone kept the thread alive with your Millionth POST and I guess that is the achievement we all celebrate kiss. think am GAY?

@olofofo

if the fun is moving to the group count me in - oops! just remembered i still don't a valid email, lets make it sometime then.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:32pm On Dec 04, 2008
@enitan

text me directions to your crib. i'll be there early sunday morning
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 04, 2008
@ dvbguy,
i threw u a bait and u fell for it, well there're some times we've to spill out emotion, was just joking anyway and being a piscean am very cool and dont get annoyed easily,but i let out my feelings known to people. and by way av bn a member for more than 2 years,was at d religion section b4 i got my way to this thread last year october, so i've made half of my posts at the religion thread and that is the main reason i sound a note of caution to olofofo and tox9ja not to spoil the name av made at that religion section but they wont heed to it. am not dat bad as they paint me to be, and i'm living on the principle of TILL WEDDING NITE. So dvb dont misunderstood me ooo,am a straight-forward fella. gud nite mon amour, am not gay ooo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 04, 2008
@ olofofo,
are we leaving the grand master out of this? what about him (badaru) aint he coming?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:42pm On Dec 04, 2008
dvbguy:

@olofofo
ah, me I am just a 'drama boy'. cheesy. I do understand the whole group thing, 

@toxnaija
I feel u! true hobbyist all have a taint of 'craziness' in them. Just imagine charading behind a desk all weekday as 'whatever' whilst with the least opportunity I get i jump on the roof!

But really all hobbies do need devotion to, sadly for us, ours happens to be outdoors 100% - sitting through the sun (tanning our black skins to whatever colour there is beyond black!) or befriending the 'A'mos Quitos nightly just to get to watch a channel or two for less than what! 2 hours? Extremely whack! grin and it is not like we can't pay - but rather it is the quest to perfect the hobby that drives us! and naturally observers do get worried for us! grin

@enitan2002
did u just attack me! shocked? do u want us to engage in a tug? cause tonight I feel like chasing the 'dragon' -yeah, mix up some herbs and blow u sh*t. I sincerely do have a lot to say to you in particular. I promise you it wouldn't be an attack on your character but, some hobbyist you u're! u sure did earn ur way through to your millionth post - posting what?

i bet u see that 'fishing' thread don die! my time is up pick the mic-or whatever you use for the stolen net, and post ur reply or act mature and ignore!

I will advice you to LEARN to know how to relate with people over the net. It is not like you can see me or can you grin big brother abi? so there is noway and you have absolutely no reason or whatsoever to have behaved the way you just did. If you don't want to respect anything at all please respect the distance between the wireless conectivity from your ISP to mine because I pay for it. I guess it is a fair and SOUND request even you can understand.

Now i am really out, and I say BRING it ON eeetiahh! sorry for my manners just couldn't help sneezing nearly caught up with the dragon from above, herbs too strong! Wish me goodnite Enitan. love u but u're intolerable- I have got to give it to you though, YOU and YOU alone kept the thread alive with your Millionth POST and I guess that is the achievement we all celebrate kiss. think am GAY?

@olofofo

if the fun is moving to the group count me in - oops! just remembered i still don't a valid email, lets make it sometime then.

this DVB guy na Kolomental!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:44pm On Dec 04, 2008
@enitan

are we not suppose to meet at your place?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 04, 2008
@ olofofo,
i know, that means u are picking up badaru at his end also? tell me type of ku lnb i should get ready,will be buying jack and positioner from ola this weekend.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 10:00pm On Dec 04, 2008
@enitan

na which kind journeyman waka be that? from S/T to oworo and then to Iyana Ipaja. you are closer to me and than i am to him. try get that fuji or digisat if you can. and strong C-band
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by dvbguy: 10:13pm On Dec 04, 2008
@olofofo

moods swings, stress from work etc.? lets not go off topic. would've blown u a kiss too but that would lead to complications (can't flirt with two guys) so the cool look will do cool.

@ enitan2002
i try my best to be very sarcastic in my writings cheesy -that is the only way I get to see the humor in life, was never really up to anything myself, guess I forgot how good it was to write. been stuck up with a boring job the whole day - figures and all! and I stand by my word when I say you the kept the thread alive for most part of it kiss, haha, not gay  embarassed- don't worry there is always a first time abi? there is no harm in experimentation only hard earned experience comes out as the result.

been kiddin all along grin hope all goes with ur project and we certainly do need some good demonstration on how to motorize setups. I'am tired of acting as a manual motor for my setup.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 04, 2008
Olofofo, how am i closer to you than him? will u be passing through oshodi or ikotun? can u even make d trip tomorrow? if u can, pls come wit ur laptop i need to get that ym ver9 from u i nid it badly, pls respond.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 10:26pm On Dec 04, 2008
enitan2002:

Olofofo, how am i closer to you than him? will u be passing through oshodi or ikotun? can u even make d trip tomorrow? if u can, please come wit ur laptop i need to get that ym ver9 from u i nid it badly, please respond.

bros i will be passing through ikotun. no be sunday again?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 04, 2008
Since am at home all this while and am free 2mrw, just to come around for an inspection, installation is when i come home again 4 xmas,my presence is for sallah i'll still disappear and reappear again for xmas and work starts by then, is 2mrw ok by you? pls my one and olofofo on nairaland.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 10:41pm On Dec 04, 2008
alcove x:

i appreciate effort to get nilesat on 1.8mtr dish down south as i regard it as a breakthrough on the part of members of the forum. i am however suprised that nobody had mentioned or said anything about 2 lnbf's i belieeve would be of great help in tracking nilesat
the first one is SANTECH UNIVERSAL KU BAND LNBF (0.5DB NOISE FIGURE) costs between #2,500 tio #3,500 here in abuja/suleja. this lnbf gives about 10% more signal strenght than most lnbf's if tweeked properly.

@ George_D,

@ alcove X,that STARGOLD KU IS BETTER OF THAT SANTECH in signal reception but try and identify between the old and the new modern of stargold,as the old modern with a shinning patch of original stamp is as good as Digisat ku. But did u know that signal 10758v-27500sr on nileast can be receivable fm Lokoja- up North90cm and other smaller dish,so if this is case no point making selection of KU-LNB within those region except  place fm ilorin- extending up south where the signal is so hard so then u can start making ur choice of the best KU LNB.But my brother that price for that ku no too much so?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 10:49pm On Dec 04, 2008
@enitan

sunday it is then!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 10:51pm On Dec 04, 2008
@adewest

did you get my email?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 04, 2008
@ olofofo,
then what time is it then on sunday?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 10:59pm On Dec 04, 2008
enitan2002:

@ olofofo,
then what time is it then on sunday?

anytime between 10am-12pm, just text me directions and i will be there.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 11:08pm On Dec 04, 2008
This may sound funny ,but its real and a spy on all our posts may likely benefit from it,so keep spying at least you will have something to smile with.Recently i read about piracy on HITV part ,That is true my recent research shows its possible to view HITV on a particular bird in europe free of charge for now .I dont think its possible to view it here but if adewest can assure us and the house want me to publish the bird and transponder,then i will do that.but i believe if hotbird is receivable here in 9ja then the bird is possible as well.But i guess my brothers in uk on this forum can check me out on that bird.but first the house must give me go ahead to post the transponders and the bird.

Tox9ja,what you see on 2m w6 is the same as 2m monde on nilesat ,if you have the two just have a look .The only diff .between the two is that whenever there is a match  ,w6 will switch off from 2m on nilesat till after the match when they will hook up back.I guess the reason for that is because showsport is the sole transmission of premiership while ART is for champions league in the middle east and since 2m is based in morocco and not middle east its not possible for 2m to transmit live matches to middle east via there package on Nilesat.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.