Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,273 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203368 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by alcovex1(m): 6:40am On Dec 05, 2008
@ adewest,

thanks for your explanation. i will like to try out the Digisat lnbf and would like you to explain what point exactly to cut it up from for maximum reception as i belief this has been a problem for me.

the reason i rely on santech lnbf is because it is about the only lnbf that receives cnn on nilesat ground mount around here in all my installations. im not really down with motorising dishes because of the stress, although motorising i know gives the highest signal strenght possible from any sat.

@ fta members around the abj axis,

pls lets share tips on issues like the lnbf's and other ideas on problems of all sat reception around the region.

my e-mail is alcoveprojectsltd@yahoo.com

thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 05, 2008
@ OLOFOFO, has there been any change of mind? will really appreciate it by ten-fold if you can make it today.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 8:44am On Dec 05, 2008
@Toxnaija

I am on my way to the barracks right now to check the evening signal for hotbird and nilesat on 1.8m dish.

After sitting in front of the cameras for almost 8 hours, you still have the energy to run to the barracks to check signal? Haaaa! you are a true DXer to the core. I love that spirit. I hope your wife will not complain sha,

@ Enigma,

If HiTV are not already aware before it is posted here then they are a mickey mouse organisation. Also, RDV does not encrypt merely because people post information here or any other forum. There are other pressures and reasons why they encrypt.

Please kindly list the other pressures and reasons why channels are encrypted. Thanks.

@enitan
Are you the guy (OAE) on facebook? I just added you. Please confirm.
Cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 05, 2008
@ Baba-egun, tox is not married nor searching that is the main reason am suspecting him, i can say i know him better in that aspect than anyone on the forum. yes,thats me on facebook odupitan a. enitan. i will accept your request.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by arsenal1(m): 9:50am On Dec 05, 2008
@pitodenz
so u did a nilesat installation in ph without inviting me. U think say I go read book die for school?. besides we are our having 21st convocation on saturday so i am free at least for now
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by arsenal1(m): 9:58am On Dec 05, 2008
@ pitodenz
I sent you a mail which u promised to reply, but you haven't. I am still waiting
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by arsenal1(m): 10:15am On Dec 05, 2008
@ pitodenz, chuk101, iwes, primate and others in the S/S and S/E ZONES
enitan is pushing for regional get together for members, but nobody from our zone/region seems to have a say on that. ain't we going to have our own?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 1:07pm On Dec 05, 2008
About HiTV being on a European satellite.

My understanding is that the satellite concerned (whose details posters have now deleted) is 28e; while I will double check later today, I can tell you the following:

1. Less than a month ago HiTV launched 1 (one) channel on 28e ("Sky" platform) which combines two of their Naija channels i.e. Nigezie and Hi Nolly(?).
2. The channel is totally free to air and anybody anywhere who can receive 28e can watch it totally legally; I even told friends in Belgium to tune into it and we/they have been watching it since day one of its arrival on "Sky".
3. Discussing this on nairaland is absolutely not a problem at all.
4. HiTV does not dare to show Premiership football on 28e

If I am wrong, please let me know what other HiTV stations are available on 28e.

Edited The next two links show an example of how HiTV's arrival on 28e was announced in one UK forum;

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/793250-post1.html and

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/793651-post1.html while the next link shows how its arrival was predicted

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/792970-post401.html

And here is a thread on this very nairaland forum about the same thing:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-193920.0.html
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 1:25pm On Dec 05, 2008
baba_egun:

@ Enigma,

Please kindly list the other pressures and reasons why channels are encrypted. Thanks.
Cheers.

There are many reasons that stations encrypt.

1. They have bought the rights to show certain content only in a particular country or countries; if there is overspill to other countries, those who supply the content to them may accuse them of breach of contract. It is all about politics and economics; the content providers want to make as much money as possible, so they will sell rights to the same content to different stations in different countries. The best example of course is English Premiership.

2. Some stations who have paid a lot of money for some content feel that the best way to recoup the money and make profit is to encrypt and then charge viewers/subscribers to watch the content/station.

3. Yes, some stations who have rights in particular content in one country e.g. HiTV in Nigeria may put pressure on a station in another country (e.g. RDV Senegal) showing the same content but whose signal can be received in the first country (e.g. Nigeria). But in truth the power of this weapon is limited and is mainly based on cooperation. For example, I don't think HiTV can do anything about Nilesat's signals or for example those signals that can be received on C band e.g. on 55w.

4. Technically, information gathered on a forum like this can make a company like HiTV take action; but if they did not already know the information without seeing it on a forum then, as I said before, they are a mickey mouse organisation. Look, there are hundreds (maybe thousands) of satellite forums worldwide. One of the important parts of the hobby is for a member who finds a useful channel becoming FTA to notify other members; I will list some below as examples; also many sites that we consult like flysat, lyngsat and kingofsat everyday list channels that have gone FTA or that are temporarily FTA ---- so this thing is not a secretive thing that we should be hiding.

Examples:

http://en.kingofsat.net/tempfta.php

http://www.flysat.com/fta.php

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/fta-free-to-air/

PS by the way, we haven't heard of Gangsta for a while; hope all is well!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 2:56pm On Dec 05, 2008
@Enigma

Thanks for the info.

So Hitv and AIT etc can afford to go Free to Air in Europe and then sell the same content to us here in Naija. Its a shame. What kind of country is our own self? If the Arabs can provide such fantastic contents to their people (FOC) over there, through Nilesat and we cannot do same here.  Na wa o.  There is movies, sports, cartoons etc and if only they believe their people can benefit from Nollywood too, they would have added it. Maybe they might one day undecided. At least, they show Indian films (Bollywood) too. We need to thank our stars that that doomed NigcomSat did not crash into Nilesat. The DSTV/HiTVs of this world would have loved that wink . [dem put satellite for up, come give NEPA make dem supply power, haba]

Well, we will get there one day

Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by chuk101(m): 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2008
hi olofofo,how are u today, cld u kindly explain to me how i cld send a request in order to become a member of ur google group
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jujukemist(m): 5:23pm On Dec 05, 2008
baba egun you are a humour virus grin
Alcove x you cut the lnb at the point where the plastic cover ends. except your location is a factor, I may disagree with you on cnn. I use a simple strong ku lnb, I get 58% of cnn,60% in the mornings.another factor which i suspect adewest has mastered is the alignment issue-Enigma throw much light on it.Nilesat has three birds, because of our poor mastery of alignment we can't get mbc persia and press tv in kaduna
To my Ghanian brother; press tv showed yday one of the best documentry on your country. Indeed press tv is becoming a force of the LEFT when it comes to tv broadcast. I recommend as a must have in the h
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 6:25pm On Dec 05, 2008
@enigma

i will kindly have to disagree with you on a particular issue and that is the fact that not all forums have unlimited access, most well organized forums still have part of the forum that is not open to everyone, they call it the VIP section and it either you buy your way in or earn your way in. You can not even red the posts of majority of forums out there without registering first which is not the case with NAIRALAND.

having agreed on that, we all know that posting of websites, keys and patches is not one of those things that is tolerated on this channel. it is with this in mind that the group was thought of, a mailing list of active members where information that are "TOO HOT" ogbono felefele ( According to dbanj) are shared, it is not a monopoly of anyone and unlike this thread is not open to everyoone, you might well call it OLOFOFO's group because i have been very choosy about who i let join. my main criteria being the usefulness of contribution of the members.

this FTA thread is growing in leaps an bounds everyday and it will only make sense if we grow along with it. especially those of us who are nutcase for this kind of thing.

again the group is not by force. and i will appreciate if people who are not interested in joining should just leave it alone.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ken007(m): 6:59pm On Dec 05, 2008
ENITAN

ARE U ANITAN ALABA.
AM D ONE THAT CALLED U WITH A LAND LINE ON THURSDAY NIGHT

CHEESR
KENNY 007 grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by yaris(m): 7:15pm On Dec 05, 2008
thanks Enigma
i agree with you. it totally legal to post the free hitv frequency. its even on lyngsat, check eurobird1, astra 2a/2b/etc, 28.5 east 12643/H/27500. check it out for ya sef. peace
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 05, 2008
@ Yaris, how far with our discussion? OLofofo, i'd better stay on 1.8m motorised when maybe maga don pay i will settle for 2.4m motorised. but for now i will definitely get a space outside my abode where the pole will be mounted and by the way thanks for coming over to my end today. i will be at badaru's end tomorrow and its also likely he'll make d trip down to my end tomorrow also. @ ola, i heard u want to make use of the jack and positioner i booked am waiting to hear from u if it is true or not.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ken007(m): 7:35pm On Dec 05, 2008
@enitan
how u dey now
like how many station can i get with 90cm dich fta.

cheers
cheesy
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2008
@ enitan -i cant see any attachement in ur mail or is there no software in this one.I also ve freegate but it cant work without money, any idea?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2008
Good job all. The gurus have gone very far exploring nilesat. A word of advice especially to those of us who live in the south south. Do not be carried away by the fact that some persons are receiving nilesat channels with smaller dishes. Remember that this is dry season and the sky is very clear. This is one major reason why we receive nilesat signal with smaller dishes. During the raining season your present nilesat signal strength are bound to drop. Therefore go for bigger dishes so that you can still enjoy your favorite nilesat channels.
A word of caution: Be careful when looking for accommodation during the dry season. Or else!!! you nor go swim water enter your house.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2008
@ enitan add pitodenz@yahoo.com lets chat.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 7:57pm On Dec 05, 2008
@ butoneday how did the 6m installation go?or is it not yet ready?a good 4m dish ll receive nilesat for us in niger delta come rain come sun shine. Come enitan reply me naw!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:21pm On Dec 05, 2008
@enitan

no lele. finally got my phone issue sorted.

BUTONEDAY:

Good job all. The gurus have gone very far exploring nilesat. A word of advice especially to those of us who live in the south south. Do not be carried away by the fact that some persons are receiving nilesat channels with smaller dishes. Remember that this is dry season and the sky is very clear. This is one major reason why we receive nilesat signal with smaller dishes. During the raining season your present nilesat signal strength are bound to drop. Therefore go for bigger dishes so that you can still enjoy your favorite nilesat channels.
A word of caution: Be careful when looking for accommodation during the dry season. Or else!!! you nor go swim water enter your house.

bros na rainy season we still dey for lagos oooooooo, heavy rain still fall today.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2008
Boy pit,na phone i dey use,i go try now.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2008
olofofo:

@enigma

i will kindly have to disagree with you on a particular issue and that is the fact that not all forums have unlimited access, most well organized forums still have part of the forum that is not open to everyone, they call it the VIP section and it either you buy your way in or earn your way in. You can not even red the posts of majority of forums out there without registering first which is not the case with NAIRALAND.

having agreed on that, we all know that posting of websites, keys and patches is not one of those things that is tolerated on this channel. it is with this in mind that the group was thought of, a mailing list of active members where information that are "TOO HOT" ogbono felefele ( According to dbanj) are shared, it is not a monopoly of anyone and unlike this thread is not open to everyoone, you might well call it OLOFOFO's group because i have been very choosy about who i let join. my main criteria being the usefulness of contribution of the members.

this FTA thread is growing in leaps an bounds everyday and it will only make sense if we grow along with it. especially those of us who are nutcase for this kind of thing.

again the group is not by force. and i will appreciate if people who are not interested in joining should just leave it alone.

Well, I have only commented about postings on this thread; I haven not commented on the yahoogroup and I have no problems with the yahoogroup (whether or not I am part of it).

About forums closing some parts to non-members:

Well I am a member of many satellite forums in the UK, Europe and Asia etc. Firstly, many do not require membership at all to read all the information on them; even with some that require membership to read some parts, it is only a few parts e.g where they keep software; some that require membership to read at all are out to make money and the information on them cann be obtained freely on other forums.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 8:25pm On Dec 05, 2008
@Pito,
The six meter dish is still in my compound. I have been too busy to set it up. I hope to be free by the third week of this month. That is when I will attempt to track Eurobird1 and Astra. I will let you know when I am ready.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ken007(m): 8:26pm On Dec 05, 2008
hi enitan
what is ur yahoo messanger id let chart
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2008

From toxnaija: all,
according to Adewest,the premiumlazer lnb has the same strength as fuji.I am on my way to the barracks right now to check the evening signal for hotbird aand nilesat on 1.8m dish.
the 2M on nilesat is not the same as the one that shows premiership on W6.
I think we should all wait for adewest to return to Lagos in January for upgrading of our systems.The calls were just overwhelming for both of us yesterday.All enquiries on premiership feeds and hotbird should be directed to him.His e-mail address and phone numbers are on the thread.thanks to all who called for confirmation.again,let me confirm to you that PAKSAT,W6-2M NATIONAL,NILESAT AND HOTBIRD ARE RECIEVABLE ON 1.8M IN LAGOS.WITH 2.4/3M DISH,ALL TRANSPONDERS WOULD COME OUT. my advice is you get Adewest to do the upgrading because it is not just the lnb that performed the magic but his expertise on dish allignment and analysis.so forget about just changing your lnb,get a perfect allignment.  

I have said this numerous times; For you to get maximum signal from your installations wether C-Band or KU-Band you have to have the following basic things right.

1) A clear line of sight to the bird(s) that you would like to track.

(1a) Also use high quality cables, preferably RG6 cable.

2) Your pole mount has to be perfectly straight.  Always use a Brick-layer's plumb (Leveler or Guage to make sure the mount is perfectly straight and strong.

3) Make sure your dish is not Warped or has dents.

4) When mounting the dish, PLEASE, use the appropriate readings as indicated for your intended bird of choice. (They maybe off a degree or two, but that will put you initially at a better position to adjust the dish) Take into account the elevation, and  Azimuth readings for the bird(s) you're installing. Don't say because your friend's dish in Akure's is facing a certain way at a certain elevation  for a particular bird, therefore yours in Calabar should be the same. The topography of every area is different, and your location relative to the satellite is also different from one region to the other.

4a) Chose a Transponder with a high quality and peak the signals. *Skew* the LNB. At this point do a blind Scan to pull in the other Transponders.

4b) Now chose the weakest transponder from the list of transponders and tweak (Skew, move dish slight up or down. Left or right) it until you have the best quality signal. At this point if you followed steps 1 to 4 correctly all the transponders on your satellite of choice should be all active on your STB.

* SKEW (Slowly move it left or right. Backwards or forwards while you watch your TV to see any Quality changes) your LNB for maximum quality output. I can't stress enough on this. To check if you're getting maximum signal, standing beside or behind the dish, gently push down at the Top, Bottom, Right and left of the dish to see if the signal quality would increase or decrease. If it increases when you push gently, it means you have to adjust to get maximum quality, if not leave it as is.

6) Finally, tighten all bolts and screws when your satisfied with your signal quality.

Looking at the pictures that Adawest posted of his dish, the first thing I noticed is how perfectly straight his pole mount is. Adawest, Great Job! cool

Alcove, Welcome!!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 8:31pm On Dec 05, 2008
@Olofofo,
I have been watching nilesat channels for close to three years now. I am only informing the house based on my past experience. The principle still hold. The bigger dish the better your signals.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:32pm On Dec 05, 2008
F_Marshal:

I have said this numerous times; For you to get maximum signal from your installations wether C-Band or KU-Band you have to have the following basic things right.

1) A clear line of sight to the bird(s) that you would like to track.

(1a) Also use high quality cables, preferably RG6 cable.

2) Your pole mount has to be perfectly straight. Always use a Brick-layer's plumb (Leveler or Guage to make sure the mount is perfectly straight and strong.

3) Make sure your dish is not Warped or has dents.

4) When mounting the dish, PLEASE, use the appropriate readings as indicated for your intended bird of choice. (They maybe off a degree or two, but that will put you initially at a better position to adjust the dish) Take into account the elevation, and Azimuth readings for the bird(s) you're installing. Don't say because your friend's dish in Akure's is facing a certain way at a certain elevation for a particular bird, therefore yours in Calabar should be the same. The topography of every area is different, and your location relative to the satellite is also different from one region to the other.

4a) Chose a Transponder with a high quality and peak the signals. *Skew* the LNB. At this point do a blind Scan to pull in the other Transponders.

4b) Now chose the weakest transponder from the list of transponders and tweak (Skew, move dish slight up or down. Left or right) it until you have the best quality signal. At this point if you followed steps 1 to 4 correctly all the transponders on your satellite of choice should be all active on your STB.

* SKEW (Slowly move it left or right. Backwards or forwards while you watch your TV to see any Quality changes) your LNB for maximum quality output. I can't stress enough on this. To check if you're getting maximum signal, standing beside or behind the dish, gently push down at the Top, Bottom, Right and left of the dish to see if the signal quality would increase or decrease. If it increases when you push gently, it means you have to adjust to get maximum quality, if not leave it as is.

6) Finally, tighten all bolts and screws when your satisfied with your signal quality.

Looking at the pictures that Adawest posted of his dish, the first thing I noticed is how perfectly straight his pole mount is. Adawest, Great Job! cool

Alcove, Welcome!!

bros long time. did you get my email?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 9:03pm On Dec 05, 2008
olofofo:

bros long time. did you get my email?
How u dey Olofofo? grin I will check later.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2008
@ Butoneday, where on earth hav u bin all this while. @ badaru, be expecting me at your end tomorrow.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 11:32pm On Dec 05, 2008
@ All

I was away from this forum for just three days but it looked like three years.

My absence gave me the opportunity to welcome a bundle of joy.
At about 1840Hrs GMT on Thursday my wife delivered a bouncing baby girl.
I surely have a partner now so i will be giving Nilesat a shot again with my 2.4m mesh dish on sunday or Monday.
I am also raising a capital expenditure of about N728bn not for the naming ceremony as that might be too much but to buy a special Alsatian guard dog to scare away people like enitan from my little beauty.

On Adewest,
We really need to be careful the way we welcome new comers here.
Yes we have had some nuisances on the forum before who deserved the hostility they got but how many people like adewest have we sent away with our WE KNOW IT ALL attitude. There were comments concerning adewest that could have made him just turn his back to our ignorance. Some few post back, someone was also lashing out at dvbguy. Though i have not met him in person but the way he related with me on the offline downloading thing show how gentlemanly he is. This you can all confirm on the offline downloading thread.

It is not too pleasant to think that every new commer here is not worthy of our trust even when they say things that we think are ridiculous or impossible. We all know that in the world of technology IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!

Adewest please keep the good work going!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.