Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,452 members, 7,850,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:32 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203846 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2009
any football matches going on?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ADEBOSUN(m): 6:48pm On Jan 17, 2009
olofofo, pls i need to start buying what i need for a 2.4m installation, can i call you, drop ur no. pls

anyone want to sell 2,4 dish?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 2:51am On Jan 18, 2009
Nash-FTA,
I just got the globecast tests and TV Sport ro on sirius

@all,
i am having problems transferring data(firmware) with the bafo usb to serial port cable.I have done all the possible troubleshooting.what could be wrong?my laptop is a vista without the Rs232 cable outlet so i had to get the usb-serial.I heard it is always like that.
D-day is here for the installation.more info on Monday evening.pls watch out.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 10:31am On Jan 18, 2009
@olofofo i'm having problem uploading the patch u posted for 4653x.i downloaded the 1.13mb file on my pen drive.however the file does not appear on the screen when i plugged my pen drive into the receiver.do i need to do some conversion or am i doing something wrong?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 11:45am On Jan 18, 2009
@enitan
i want to know if u are still using your 90cm dish, becos i guess by now u ought to have gotten ur 1.8m dish working, for me i am about getting my 2 90cms dishes and i want to know what chance i stand to see or get those stations that shows premier league, and some wonderful tv stations like music and movies, abeg respond to me ooooooo

@olofofo, well don ooo sir, may god bless u and ur house hold ooo and more money this year to every one in the house Ami!!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 12:07pm On Jan 18, 2009
@ enitan, abeg, with 2 90cm dishes, do i stand the chance to get the following satellites hotbird, Astral 1, Astral and Tho, i guess i cant , but let me know, u are my man o, also tell me how ur 1.8m dish is doing and did u ignore the 90cm,
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 1:06pm On Jan 18, 2009
fxproff, why dont u read the threads from day one to date .getting hotbird with 90cm dish is like telling a day old baby to drop milk and eat Eba(gari) with ehaba . if you want music with 90cm ,well if you like makossa (nss7 or sirus4)you can get it ,movies is only etv on pas7/10 and if you really understand french language you have host of other channels on nss7 and w3a.Hope that answers your question.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ngwakwe: 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2009
@ olofofo
my AIT serials are all out. Any news on there way about.
If i copy the latest patch for 4663x with flash drive, can it be updated through the usb port in the receiver?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ngwakwe: 6:24pm On Jan 18, 2009
@ olofofo
my AIT serials are all out. Any news on there way about.
If i copy the latest patch for 4663x with flash drive, can it be updated through the usb port in the receiver?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ifende(m): 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2009
yes u can update through ur usb
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 18, 2009
@ tox/olofofo,
the whole house is awaiting the good news from you guys.

Have been busy lately preparing fro series of tests coming up this week. The Governor was also in jungle on friday to launch an international stadium. I was so surprise. So, can anything good come out of nazareth(jungle)?

@ fxproff,
tell yur installer to hook up to w3a (mbcs for fa/carling cup matches) and pas 7.10, that is the best for now. well you can as well tell him to try out hotbird for you with the 90cm dish, who says nothing is impossible, the word doesnt exist in my dictionary.

out of topic:
May the lives of those of us who love free things never be like these fellas in the picx below, all because of free food and view of the visiting governor to my jungle on friday.

@ tox/maddox,
being in the broadcasting world, how do the TV stations televise live events, that was my research when i went to the launched stadium on friday, but there're a lot of people there, so i was restricted a lot with my research, your response is highly appreciated.

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2009
@ olofofo,pitodenz,
check your various mailboxes, and get back if any issues arises with that tracking of the signal

@ all,
kindly help to see what location is this satellite hooking up to(can it be pas7.10 c-band)?, the direction is eastward. the other dish i know is facing w3a

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 8:54pm On Jan 18, 2009
Enitan why dont you move closer to the house and see if the dish has c band lnb ,i think its pas7 where u have sabc1,2 and 3 and some dstv channels.u f**k up oh u come egba u no check me for sagamu.u c tokunbo for egba?how far about him 2.4m with showsports, any luck?
what about that cotonu guy we discussed.
MBC signal on w3a 90cm is ok now mine is 56-58% on strong x series.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:59pm On Jan 18, 2009
@all

Adewest's installation at my end is on Tuesday, all those that have signaled interest should please call or email me ASAP.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 9:16pm On Jan 18, 2009
what time is the installation and can i come with that receiver i wanted to share your internet network with?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 9:19pm On Jan 18, 2009
how far about the echolink and abracadabra card what channels is available with you there,do u have all the ART opened.am working on that linksat to see if it will work but since then i have not been able to work on it ,i dont know if multilinks is the problem or the server i have with me.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 18, 2009
@ obnelly,
who am i to wrong you, i've never set my eyes on tox before, neither did I make a trip to visit him in Abeokuta. But I'll make sure i'll be seeing him when i come home by march. I should have seen him last december, it's just that a prophet told me to stay away from him and the fish he's prepared for me during then to avoid eternal choking and since i never get pikin i had to back out from the trip, but the man has assured me now that am ok to see him at the moment, and since academics matter don hold me for ground am out of lagos now. So, my brother me no mess up at all. I'll let you know when i'll come over to your end in shagamu, i just hope you'll be able to feed me, cos me dey chop well well and am suffering from malnutrition right now in the jungle.
The above dish is incorporated witha C-band lnb

@ tox,
i think you tight fisted for money matters, at least you'd have sponsored my trip to abeokuta to witness  the installation and use the opportunity to meet the UN peacekeeper (adewest)

@ all,
have a research am making presently concerning microproccessor programming, and how a half-duplex transmission can be transform to a duplex one. I'll explain that term better by this week.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 10:53pm On Jan 18, 2009
@enitan, thank you for ur respond ojare, i can also see u are online wetin dey now, i am still yet to call my installer tho, but ur advise is taken, uhmmm, i like that ur prayer ooo, and i would say a BIG LOUD AMI!!!!! TO IT, the free things we want na good things not that way, lol cool
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2009
@ obnelly,
the guy in benin republic in the person of yaris, said the SS3 on canalsat package shows just 2 premiership matches just like our own DSTV does. He even said people over there make use of hitv for their premiership mathces cos its much cheaper compared to subscribing to canalsat package.

Got to go to  bed, already feeling sleepy.

Wishing you all a good night rest.

@ fxproff,
no wahala, you're welcome here anytime anyday
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 11:55pm On Jan 18, 2009
Thanks Enitan( Enny) and all the best.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 11:57pm On Jan 18, 2009
i meant ilaro not abeokuta
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 12:09am On Jan 19, 2009
enitan2002:

@ olofofo,pitodenz,
check your various mailboxes, and get back if any issues arises with that tracking of the signal

@ all,
kindly help to see what location is this satellite hooking up to(can it be pas7.10 c-band)?, the direction is eastward. the other dish i know is facing w3a
i did not see any mail ooh
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 7:46am On Jan 19, 2009
@all Good morning to you all! Well since we ought to be coded some times, here is a (KOKOROS) LINK) i hope this one helps,
http://www.dss-keys.com/
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 7:49am On Jan 19, 2009
@all

Hello friends: OK, here we go.
Load BIN:
Download bin 189 (or most current version) from this site & load it on your receiver. Forget about the channel or keys part of it, just load the bin (firmware) using the STB Tool (Loader). Be sure to unzip / extract / open files after download both Loader & Bin. (right click on icon) If you don't do this, you won't find Bin in Loader.
Factory Reset:
Next go to Menu hit OK, go down to System Setting, go over & down to DataBase Reset, hit OK, enter PIN "0000", go down to Factory Set, hit OK, select YES, next select English. (now you have wiped unit clean to start over)
System Settings:
Next go to Menu on receiver, go down to System Setting, go over to Time Setting, hit OK, go down & turn ON Summer Time, Hit Exit 1 time & save it. This will allow the correct time to load for Channel Guide. (if where you live, you don't have daylight savings time, disregard this step).
Options:
Next go back up to Installation, hit right arrow, enter pin code "0000", go down to Options, hit OK, leave all settings as they are, go all the way down to last option, Renumbering local CH, select your City & State for your local channels, save changes & hit Exit 1 time.
LNBs:
Go back up to Dish Setting, set up LNBs to work correctly, depending which LNBs you are using. (I use 2 Legacy Twins w/ SW-21 Switch or I use 1 Legacy Quad w/no switch, it's built in)
Dish Settings 110:
Satellite, 110.0W Echostar 6, 8
LNB Power, ON
LNB Type, Legacy Twin LNB1
LNB Freq, 11.250
22KHz, OFF
DiSEqC Switch, 1.0
Committed, 1
Legacy SW, ON (OFF if you use 4X1 DiSEqC Switch for 2
Dishes / DN & BEV)
* After selecting these settings, you should see 2 full green bars & a window in upper right corner that should appear with (EchoStar 110 West).
Next go back up to Satellite & select 119.0 W Echostar 7.
Dish Settings 119:
Satellite, 119.0W Echostar 7
LNB Power, ON
LNB Type, Legacy Twin LNB2
LNB Freq, 11.250
22KHz, OFF
DiSEqC Switch, 1.0
Committed, 2
Legacy SW, ON (same applies as above)
Verify Shift:
* Again, same as above but this time you should see (EchoStar 119 West).
* If you do not get the corresponding Satellite to appear in upper right corner, it will not get both Sats, so try changing settings until this works.
Now go back & select 110w to check if it switches, then do the same again for 119w. If these Sats shift correctly, proceed to next step. Exit 1 time to leave Dish Setting page.
Autoroll:
Go down to Autoroll Options, hit OK, everything should be ON, (if not change it) save changes & exit.
Auto Scan 110:
Now you are ready to scan the satellites. Go up to Auto Scan, hit OK, select (110.0 W Echostar 6, cool, now hit OK 1 time to highlight Sat (be sure it is highlighted), go right arrow, then up to Network Search, turn this ON (you will get more channels), now go down to Scan & hit "Press OK" to start scan. (When scan is near complete note number of channels found.)
Auto Scan 119:
Next select 119.0 W Echostar 7, repeat last step above, Network Search should should still be ON, confirm this & begin scan.
* (Tip), to be sure you get both Sats, go back to Dish Setting page & select 119 & check for 119 to appear in upper right corner to verify, prior to beginning this scan. (see: Verify Shift)
Notes:
After last scan is complete, hit exit 3 times (punch out) to return to TV. Sometimes it helps to select a low number channel near 100 to start with, wait 2-3 minutes. Also try this: Open Key Edit page by selecting 8282 with remote, wait 2-3 minutes, it should roll in. If not, try a unit reboot (power OFF, wait 10 seconds, Power ON). Still no TV, the problem will be keys. For this, check for current keys & enter them manually if all else fails.
I have had problems in past because I didn't verify current keys prior to scans. So if it seems not right, just go back & do another Factory Reset & start over again, after your sure about the keys.
It's good practice to repeat this process, you will be able to remember it better if you do it a few times.
Tips:
All info above is assuming you have the correct dish / LNBs / and the dish pointed & locked in correct position / correct switch (if needed). A good signal from a Satellite Meter is recommended. To be able to get both Sats you must have dish skewed to correct angle for your area. We have links for good Satellite Calculators. (This is an exact science, guesswork is for the lottery).

Hope this will help a lot of folks. It might not agree with all, but it works,, not theory. Now get busy & watch free TV, SatelliteJunkie
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by dvbguy: 8:55am On Jan 19, 2009
@fxproff

i feel ur enthusiasm but be careful u don't end up spamming the thread with "worthless" info. the info u posted relates to 'North America' and can't be used within our region. Kindly take time to learn the basics of ur new found hobby - eg. what is receivable in west africa, the type of bands (ku/c - what we are interested in) etc.

Peace!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:39am On Jan 19, 2009
@fxproff,
Which european satellite forum did you copy that stuff from? Instead of just copying and pasting, you could have done a little editing work-especially the satellites. None of those mentioned are recievable in this part of the world. To get Echostar 7 for instance, an installer in Lagos would have to bore through the earth and set his dish elevation to about -30.8 degrees!
Let us be more circumspect with the info we paste on this thread.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 10:03am On Jan 19, 2009
@fxproff

I believed my other colleagues said all. I just want to add my voice to their calls for you to take more time in research to what you post here. No one is perfect; we are all learning
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:10am On Jan 19, 2009
@enitan,
That big dish in the picture facing east is pointing to intelsat 7,10. Depending on the LNB type, it may be on either C band, KU band or both.
The other one farther off could be on w3a, or nilesat - it's too difficult to tell from this distance.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:13am On Jan 19, 2009
@ecowas4all,
How far about your motorised installation? Did the tutorials you got on this thread help make the work easy for you? Why not tell the house about your experience?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fasone(m): 10:30am On Jan 19, 2009
@obnelly,badaru1,toxnaija,olofo, etc

I updated the software of my 4663x to the latest one that can open those 4 sport channels on nilesat. the update works fine but since then the disney and bloom channels couldnt open any more. I opened the key edit menu and found the keys are still there unchanged. I even deleted the keys, inserted and saved them all to no avail. Is any one expriencing this problem too. what can I do?
thanking in advance for ur effort.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 11:49am On Jan 19, 2009
@ dvbguy

This is how you just sneak in and out the forum, I don catch you o!
I have been using the dvb card for some time with amazing results.
You can drop me a mail with you new findings, my add is up in my profile.

@ Enitan

You have joined the league of photo journalists? I hope you are not starting another GOMBE.
Come to think of it, what will a Pas 7/10 satellite with more than 50 Christian channels be doing on a mosque?
If that satellite is actually facing 68.5 degrees i doubt if it will be connected to a receiver.
I think the dish might might be bad, Nilesat would have been the home of such a big dish with it's array of Islamic and arabic rich contents.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ifende(m): 12:59pm On Jan 19, 2009
Where do i get an echolink decoder with abracadabra card

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.