Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,460 members, 7,854,004 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:24 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (204000 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:46am On Jan 12, 2009
Ecowas4All:

We tried tracking with a Eurostar receiver and it was laughable. If there was ever a nastier receiver it would be the Eurostar.
Use strong 4663X. You will be smiling while tracking your birds-believe me smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by badaru1(m): 8:52am On Jan 12, 2009
@george d

Call me or mail me
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 12, 2009
@ george, the more u install satellites, the clearer u will know that u dont need the compass also. you are a proffessional in your field so i guess that factor will limit your experimenting compare to someone like who's nothing to do apart from 'fish' and bird huntings. strong 4653x is good, but i now feel more comfortable using the eurostar decoder. The secret there is your tracking will become easier if u are 'very very' familiar with the decoder. as a devout hobbyst, u must be very vast in using different decoders for tracking. DONT LIMIT YOURSELF AT ALL IN THIS REGARD.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 12, 2009
@ BUT2DAYS, who told u no more free browsing? am on 365 days a year free, nothing is worth me paying for as at the moment. my off is due to load of academic work on me at the moment. @ badaru, oga mi,how far na? any luck with that? @ fofo, any good news?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:12am On Jan 12, 2009
@badaru,
check your mailbox.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 9:18am On Jan 12, 2009
@ Enitan

Wetin be this your 3 in 1 post?

All the freebies don disappear o,
You better get us another ones before we place embargo on all your fishes.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 12:21pm On Jan 12, 2009
@Enitan
I do track with Eurostar as well as the 53X however, unless the is a function in the eurostar that i do not know of you cannot compare 53X to eurostar in terms of tracking. If for anything the fact that 53X can give you Full Screen on your Tv as you track while eurostar only gives you a small modal window showing Signal Level and Quality.
Another downside of eurostatr compared to 53X is the fact that latency for eurostar is pretty high while the 53X is sensitive enough to let you stop as close to the bird signal as possible.

@George_D.
How are you? Are you getting affected by the "Lazy Carpenter" syndrome?
Here's how that satellite finder (that is assuming its the crazy whistle type) works:
1 - Behind the finder there is a screw which you must use to calibrate. Please do this until you are happy with the sensitivity.
2 - In front of the device where you find the spectrometre there is a knob which you must also reduce to the point where you can barely get a whisper from the device. The sound should be so low that the needle falls below 3. (Assumign your reading goes from 1 to 10)

3 - To be sure you device is working well watch the light closely (this may be better done when its dark) when your frequency is H the light should shine brighter (18V) when its V it should be dimmer (13V)
4 - After this start tracking your bird
5 - Listen closely to the finder when the sound increases to abhigh pitched sound, slow down your tracking and concentrate on that area, surely you must hit green.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2009
@all

there are 5 spaces open for anyone that wants to witness the live installation of 2.4m motorized dish to track nilesat, eurobird, hotbird etc. the price as advertised before is 1500 and it just for 5 people. please get in touch with me at olofofo(at)gmail.com. it's on first come first serve basis.

No one said gaining knowledge has to be cheap!!!

the venue is at my humble abode at satellite town, lagos.

adewest should be in lagos before friday.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 6:26pm On Jan 12, 2009
@ enitan
freedom is no more working on mtn and moreover take time on how u dey baptize person name here oooh!

@ all
if mtn is dead,zain is much more alive.For zain settings go over to our backyard thread cos i ll post it there any moment from now.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 4:31am On Jan 13, 2009
@ pitodenz,
so good to see you back, just checked my mailbox but havent seen what you promised to send, whats happening na?

@ olofofo,
am intrested, but your location is too far, i would prefer using the hours to travel to your end to take a walk to REPUBLIQUE DU BENIN, just make sure you record every damned thing on your camcorder.

@ ecowas,
using the eurostar makes you to be very vigilant, cos already there's no moving red signal like strong decoders when it is powered up, but its all blank, its only when you get to that real position of the bird till you see something popping up. If i have the chance, i will love to do some tracking with echolink, starsat e.t.c, the list is just endless. To track any bird on strong and eurostar dont take me more than 5 mins, if all necessary conditions are ok (good lnb, good coaxial cable and working with the right polarisation depending on the lnb skewing). so i want to take my tracking skills to a new dimension.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 13, 2009
The pictures below shows how GAGA ola has gone in terms of FTA kolomental, the other pictures show my abode in the jungle, its only Mr GEM that has been there.

The major challenge that we FTA satellite hobbyst face is opposition from our wives and 'fishes', you married and playboys can testify to it. They so much detest the intrest we have in satellite because we can survive for a long time without them. A FTA satellite hobbyst can survive a whole weekend without their wives, if you can give them these: Batteries for the remote, a boxer short and cans of beer (for the breweries one among us)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 13, 2009
I installed the above dish for a housemate of mine, i sacrificed my sirius for him cos he's worth it. The decoders are ola's. the 2nd picture is not so clear because of the harmattan right now. I even went to install an hitv dish for my SUG president cos we live in the same house and paid me a peanut (can u imagined) but am now a force to be reckon with cos they never expected someone like me to be so good in installing satellites, cos i look like a bookworm with my glasses(ask olofofo) but am a forgotten dopehead in terms of academic works.
I never even knew satellite signals will be right here in the jungle.

@ pitodenz.
dont reveal such vital information on the forum, am denying you that i know nothing of freedom application oooooooooo, am using BENINCELL network right now, so am a step ahead of you guys over there.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 13, 2009
It seems my proposed plan for a nationwide to all locations where my fellow hobbyst are wont be achieveable again cos i've made more enemies than friends. In lagos these guys are way laying me: vickoy23,toxnaija, going to Abeokuta: toxnaija (wetin i do u sef), Ibadan bodejohn, Ilesha: mide, portharcourt: butoneday, abuja: baba-egun, twinstaiye(i never decide which side he is) US: F_marshall, UK: enigma be my man.
So am begging you guys should please forgive me oooo for my shortcomings and help me achieve my nationwide tour to be smooth. Even if butoneday should forgive me, i wont step into warri/portharcourt. i dey fear kidnapping oooo, those guys wont even ask for ransom on my behalf cos that will seems like a waste of time, they will just kill straight off, and i never get pikin.

so am waiting for your replies so that i know what my next step will be
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Dclique(m): 8:31am On Jan 13, 2009
Does any 1 knw any FTA T.Ps on HITV.I have searchd many bt i dnt get any ntwrk in them.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by badaru1(m): 9:22am On Jan 13, 2009
@all

For those with strong x series there is a new software that open jsc sport,check the various forums
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 10:36am On Jan 13, 2009
@all

those with 4652 can enjoy it as well. i have posted the software for 4652 and 4663x to the group. also you can enjoy the following matches if it stays open today and tomorrow.

Today:

English FA Cup - Round 3 (Replay)

Bristol City vs Portsmouth aljazeera sport +1

Tomorrow:

Italian Serie A - Week 9
ko: 20:30
Roma Vs Sampdoria
Al Jazeera Sport +1

English FA Cup - Round 3 (Replay)
South End vs Chelsea
ko: 21:10
Al Jazeera Sport +3

Spanish King's Cup (Copa del Rey) - Last 16 (2nd Leg)
ko: 22:00
Athletico vs Barcelona
Al Jazeera Sport +2
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:53am On Jan 13, 2009
Ecowas4All:

@George_D.
How are you? Are you getting affected by the "Lazy Carpenter" syndrome?
Here's how that satellite finder (that is assuming its the crazy whistle type) works:
1 - Behind the finder there is a screw which you must use to calibrate. Please do this until you are happy with the sensitivity.
2 - In front of the device where you find the spectrometre there is a knob which you must also reduce to the point where you can barely get a whisper from the device. The sound should be so low that the needle falls below 3. (Assumign your reading goes from 1 to 10)

3 - To be sure you device is working well watch the light closely (this may be better done when its dark) when your frequency is H the light should shine brighter (18V) when its V it should be dimmer (13V)
4 - After this start tracking your bird
5 - Listen closely to the finder when the sound increases to abhigh pitched sound, slow down your tracking and concentrate on that area, surely you must hit green.
Thanks for the info. I'll try it out and see how it goes. But like I said, with the 4663X one doesn't really need a satfinder. The signal bars respond instantly when you hit a bird and I think any installer who knows his onions should be just fine with that. Except of course, you are installing in a high rise where the use of a TV set is impossible.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:01am On Jan 13, 2009
@toxnaija,
looks like our 'little deal' has hit the rocks eventually. no mail, no calls. Na wao, you no fit do long distance bizness o! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 2:32pm On Jan 13, 2009
Hello All,

nice to be able to make a post after a long while. i am now back to some semblance of order in my life (or at least for the next few months), i am now based at maiduguri (and like i said in a previous post, probably the closest forum member to the signal sources of our beloved birds). i also have limited access to the internet during working hours, but that is entirely dependent on NEPA or is it PHCN now.

anyways, i have setup a 1.8 m dish facing nilesat, and it was so easy to track that i almost agree with Adewest that i will probably be able to get nilesat here with a 0.9m dish (i'm going to give that a try as soon as i possibly can, once i lay my hands on a 90cm dish that is). what i'm trying to say (without rubbing it down people in the south's noses ) is that i have pretty good signals here. my CNN/Showsports signals alternates between 58 t0 60% and please note that the central plate covering the bottom of the dish is missing. so that reduces the signal strengtht a bit. but no problem.
the next phase in the installation process is to motorise my 1.8 m dish so i can start hunting out most of these birds. let me repeat someone's earlier call that those who have knowledge in motorising dishes. please could one of u post a tutorial on a detailed step by step guide? i saw Olofofo's info, but i need more details on how to put the whole system together and start the tracking biz. thanks.

F-Marshall,

i wanted to ask about you, so u were in Nigeria all this while, wish i was in lagos, would have been nice to run into u. anyways, one of these days.
hope u have a safe trip back.

about the echolink decoders with AB cards, i got one at about N18,500 at Kaduna before coming to maiduguri, and it is worth the investment, too bad the ones they have here don't have PVR function, but for sports enthusiasts and those who love their entertainment, it is a must have.

Enitan,

I saw your lists of friends/would be enemies, so we for north no de your book ba? grin grin cheesy, anyways, you are an indispensable part of this forum.

Jujukemist,

How far, hope the struggle will soon come to an end. all the best.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2009
@Mide2008
I am so much appreciative of your hospitality during my visit to your house. I am also delighted for your tutorials on Dish alighnment, Jack mounting and Positioner settings. I will give all a trial this weekend. Please dont tell madam that I love that your daughter and that, We shall disscuss this later.

@all
W-A-T-C-H O-U-T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fake SRT 4653X is at it again. This version has widely been adulterated. In fact, the two I mistakenly bought last year are given me headaches seriously. Imagine this senerio: I wanted to change a faulty card reader inside one of such decoders and my findings were too surprising! The CARD READER panel was re-sold by an Electronics Technician. This decoder was later refurbished, packaged and sold in the market as a new one. Now, the question is that: how can we certify a correct one in the market before we pay for it? Well, my answer is to do away with this particular version. Mide2008 also shown a text message he received on this version imploring people to leave it and go for new versions such as SRT 4663X,etc.

@sathob
Thanks for your contributions on the issue I raised last time on page 62.

@Enitan
The students,both old and new, in your institution will surely fix you out except they are not part of this forum.

@pitodenz
Sir, i am still expecting your responses on my last text message to you.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:26pm On Jan 13, 2009
@Mr Gem,
You answered the question yourself. Just avoid all 4653X that are now flooding the market. That is your best chance of avoiding getting fleeced.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 5:12pm On Jan 13, 2009
olofofo:
I had a pleasant visit from the field marshall himself. F_Marshall  on holiday in Naija from the US and true to his words, he dropped by at my humble abode. he asked of everyone that i know, Badaru, Enitan, OLA, TOX etc and filled him in. he's  such nice gentleman, a true satenthusiast. many thanks for the visit sir.

Olofofo……… It was a pleasure meeting you too.  You’re a very nice man.  Your setup is awesome. Showtime LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to our Nigeria Lufthansa Officials, I was 1 day late coming back to Boston, USA. The bastards sold my seat to someone else!!!!! You made a believer out of my nephew and his friends………………they are now all NILESAT ADDICTS!!!!

Toxnaija:

F-Marshal,
Thanks for the great visit to the studio this afternoon.You really surprised me.Waoh!we took pictures.This is exactly what I have been telling members who rubbish others.We are all respected people in the society.You and Butoneday really made my week.I wish you journey mercies back to Boston tomorrow.he spoke to Adewest on the phone too.Did you watch the news as promised?

Tox my Man!!!! You’re rally a gem in the broadcasting industry!! I was  privileged to meet you live!!!! What a wonderful individual you are!! You sound so Nigerian in person, but when you begin to cast the news, a different intonation (Oyibo) appears. How in the world do you have time to indulge yourself in the satellite hubby? You’re so busy with narration, voice-over and News casting and proof reading, I wonder how you have time to search for new channels!!!

@ Adawest…… It was nice talking to you, and I have to thank Toxnaija for that opportunity. Keep up the good work. I will Buzz you soon!!

@all I wish I had met a lot more Nairalanders!!! You will be reading more from me in the next coming days.  Anyone tracked Hotbird yet
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 11:17pm On Jan 13, 2009
@ enitan
let us have an exchange of software.send it on pitodenz@yahoo or send me ur mail address and i ll post it to u.
I heard that theres new configuration that works on freedom,anyone who has it should send me a mail plz.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 5:23am On Jan 14, 2009
@ pito,
any discussion on that issue should be done through mails, cos i dont want calls flooding across to me base on that. I dont really know the exchange of software u were talking about. shed more light on that. The network am using now is very porous, i aint never seen such in my entire life before, even Gtunnel, Gpass, Usurf all worked for it.

@ F_marshal,
If u had tried harder, u should've met more. Though am out here in the jungle, so already am counting myself out. It is adewest and not ada---, abi your fish name na ada? am sure I personally i'm in your not so-good list, abi? well at least i still give you the kudos, for checking out some,

@ Mr GEM,
So you are also into fishing? oga mide abeg forgive me fast so i can come to your end and see what caught MR GEM attention. If someone had told me GEM is also into fishing i would have disagreed. But wait if the oga patapata can have PSAT card, then anybody on this forum cant be trusted either. Is it true that anybody that has anything to do with space and sea, such as pilots and sailors also sattelite hobbyst are not left out of this list are so into 'fishing stuff'? someone should please tell me if am wrong.
Am not sure my fellow students here have time for this forum, dont you know am in a jungle? these guys here are just local champions. It seems like am the only one with internet connection 24/7 at home, but others have it on their phone.

@ gangsta101.
what exactly are you doing in maiduguri? the last time u were at makurdi, kaduna, are u on peace keeping mission just like adewest? It's not that i deliberately left you guys up north out, but as you know i cant walk without stepping on some toes, and that wont be funny up there, i even excluded our south-south brothers, pitodenz,butoneday,george_D. But I believe we shall see someday, maybe when am posted to maiduguri for my service corp.

@ all,
esp those with nilesat and using strong X-series decoders, was there any luck so far with the just released software that opens JSC?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 14, 2009
I think, i should narate the experience i had about two months back here in the jungle. We're told to submit the list of projects we want to do individually for the final year, so I choosed 1.8m motorised FTA system. so i submitted it to my supervisor. When he saw the topic he asked questions and I gave him convincing answers, and he fell in love with the topic, but the moment he wanted to approve it, he saw the name ENITAN, so he's feeling like this name seems familiar, i was sitting opposite him, so he brought his mobile phone out, he just dialed a number and unfortunately my phone started ringing, as I was about picking it up, he disconnected the call. Seconds later he dialled another number, my other number MTN rang again. And he said, so you the GREAT ENITAN of nairaland, i just didnt know what to say. He said he'll never approve this project of mine again, cos its something i have extensive knowledge on and that I can finish it within 2 days. And that it's better i do something new for my final year project. So the guy just gave me DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION OF SIGNAL GENERATOR for my project topic. I was very mad at him, so he called me back and ask me the method I use in browsing free. And since he's a Deeper Life guy, i just told him am using the illegal way and therefore it is a sin to make use of it. If you see the way the guy discharge me fast. I was happy at least I didnt get to reveal it for him.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:08am On Jan 14, 2009
@enitan,
Sometime ago you mentioned in your post that you're using a magnetic compass installed on your phone. Can you throw more light on that?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 8:10am On Jan 14, 2009
@ Enitan
You are very lucky o, signal generator na small thing to 1.8m motorised dish.
I am about thinking of getting myself 2.4m solid pan dish for Nilesat but i no sure say mama onaolapo no go raise eyebrow.

@ All
I am fully in support of someone on this forum giving a full detail of how to motorize dishes.
It may be on the on the "what is fta" thread.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 8:28am On Jan 14, 2009
@Enitan
enitan2002:

, so he called me back and ask me the method I use in browsing free. And since he's a Deeper Life guy, i just told him am using the illegal way and therefore it is a sin to make use of it. If you see the way the guy discharge me fast. I was happy at least I didnt get to reveal it for him.

That is a good one. In fact am still rolling on the floor. Don't worry, He will soon ask you again in a Godly manner grin

Enitan, you are the real Enigma! (sorry oga ENIGMA, make i just borrow your name take describe this enitan) Its either you are "stepping on" someones toes, or trying to ram home your points. You go dey scatter class well well ooo.

@Gangsta

Well done ooo. Try your 90cm dish for nilesat make we see.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jossybless(m): 8:37am On Jan 14, 2009
@ALL well I tried the JSC sports as said in the forum it did not work for my 4663X so I think there should be a way out, abi what do u all feel ? Well let me hear your opinions. Enitan na wa ooooo naonly u get the 4 decoders definitely am going to broadcast you to all the students they must definitely fish you out from where ever you are hiding.Ok
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:40am On Jan 14, 2009
@all

apply the patch leave it on the aljazeera channel for about a minute. it works.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:49am On Jan 14, 2009
@Nash-FTA,
REF: Your multiple LNB to one reciever connection diagram you posted on Dec 31. I am having difficulty getting that 22kHz switch. I tried using a normal power passing 2-way splitter but no luck.

@All,
Does anybody know where I can get a 22KHz switch?

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jossybless(m): 9:02am On Jan 14, 2009
@ All well in my own situation having loaded it, I allowed it for some time even apply 6969 (twice) nothing came up jsc+1+2+3 all remained $$$$$$$$$ or can I try back later today but as you said it works, is dat taken. If it works for can you send me how u did it or giv me a call 08058000160 Abuja.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.